Hoyer
-
We have to go for the rock star QB, preferably from CA or the West Coast.

We have to go for the rock star QB, preferably from CA or the West Coast.

cuz that's where the best rock comes from?
i was told it comes from east cleveland. HA!
-
Mike Peen and Cal are correct.
I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.
And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.
Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.
WSS
Mike Peen and Cal are correct.
I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.
And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.
Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.
WSS
I've seen mocks with us taking McCarron with Indy's pick. I'm fine with that.
-
Mike Peen and Cal are correct.
I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.
And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.
Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.
WSS
I've seen mocks with us taking McCarron with Indy's pick. I'm fine with that.
-
I'd honestly rather mccarron than any of shep's sexy pics. The only two QBs I'm really interested in are mccarron and manziel and I'm on the fence on manziel. The others I think of as fad picks.
Yep. I don't think any are worth a trade up.I do trust our folks to get the right guy, but I'm hoping for Hoyer to have a complete recovery. I could live very well with a Hoyer & McCarron duo. Manziel bothers me somewhat, but DAMN, that kid makes stuff happen!
We'll see............
Mike
-
I'd honestly rather... shep's sexy pics.
You really should have taken the time to hit the "k" key...
-
I'd honestly rather... shep's sexy pics.
You really should have taken the time to hit the "k" key...
-
Mike Peen and Cal are correct.
I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.
And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.
Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.
WSS
Mike Peen and Cal are correct.
I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.
And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.
Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.
WSS
Agree 1000%
-
only sexy pick i'd want at QB is mariota and i wouldn't be willing to trade a bunch of picks to ensure we snag him.
get the CB, LB WR or OL then worry about QB with the second pick.
-
Is an all A&M 1st round feasible?....Evans & Manziel?
It's fun watching all these guys, but we'll just have to wait & see what REALLY happens.
Mike
-
I'd honestly rather... shep's sexy pics.
You really should have taken the time to hit the "k" key...
-
Both the Hoyer and Campbell insertions have clearly shown that even an average QB can elevate this team. Not sure who will pan out, but the hyped QB class of 2013 has bust written ALL over it.
I personally don't have the time to watch all the college games, but the one's I have watched haven't impressed me that much. Most of these guys are throwing to wide open receivers. Who among them is throwing BEFORE they are open? That is the guy I want. That is what is required to succeed in the NFL, you must anticipate the break and throw to the spot. Who is doing this the best at the college level right now?
-
Did today just prove that Hoyer isn't necessarily that great, but that any decent thinking QB can have success in our system?
-
Still feel a lot better about Hoyer but Campbell can get us through this year to a decent (not playoffs) record
-
Did today just prove that Hoyer isn't necessarily that great, but that any decent thinking QB can have success in our system?
Did today just prove that Hoyer isn't necessarily that great, but that any decent thinking QB can have success in our system?
I notice that when the defense steps up your chances of winning improve greatly as well.
WSS
-
Did today just prove that Hoyer isn't necessarily that great, but that any decent thinking QB can have success in our system?
I notice that when the defense steps up your chances of winning improve greatly as well.
WSS
I notice that when the defense steps up your chances of winning improve greatly as well.
WSS
Possibly they feed of the success of the O? I think they did yesterday at any rate. I am not going to say Bess lost the game, but his tragic play was hard to overcome that late in the game.
-
I notice that when the defense steps up your chances of winning improve greatly as well.
WSS
Possibly they feed of the success of the O? I think they did yesterday at any rate. I am not going to say Bess lost the game, but his tragic play was hard to overcome that late in the game.
Possible? Sure but that's their job whether or not theyre inspired.Possibly they feed of the success of the O? I think they did yesterday at any rate. I am not going to say Bess lost the game, but his tragic play was hard to overcome that late in the game.
I think that it may be that Kansas City has been over rated all season and lucky to be eight and 0.
Probably we should have beaten the fuckers.
Good that we held them to field goals when we did but not necessarily good to let them march down the field as often as they did.
WSS
-
Possible? Sure but that's their job whether or not theyre inspired.Possibly they feed of the success of the O? I think they did yesterday at any rate. I am not going to say Bess lost the game, but his tragic play was hard to overcome that late in the game.
I think that it may be that Kansas City has been over rated all season and lucky to be eight and 0.
Probably we should have beaten the fuckers.
Good that we held them to field goals when we did but not necessarily good to let them march down the field as often as they did.
WSS
Possible? Sure but that's their job whether or not theyre inspired.
I think that it may be that Kansas City has been over rated all season and lucky to be eight and 0.
Probably we should have beaten the fuckers.
Good that we held them to field goals when we did but not necessarily good to let them march down the field as often as they did.
WSS
It was a bit reminiscent of Dick Jauron's bend-not-break defence, not the aggressive, turnover causing D we were told to expect from Ray Horton.
-
Did today just prove that Hoyer isn't necessarily that great, but that any decent thinking QB can have success in our system?
Did today just prove that Hoyer isn't necessarily that great, but that any decent thinking QB can have success in our system?
On part one... I don't think so.
I never felt the energy in Campbell Offense that I did during Hoyer time. Execution seemed to be much crisper under Hoyer.
As for part two...
Success?
-
I really enjoyed Hoyer. I thought it might be the story of this season, the thing that made it fun and special. What a shitty thing to happen. I like so much about him: Decisive, mobile, quick release, underrated arm, teammates dig him.
Upside: He'll be a Brown next year. He'll rehab, compete, etc. I think he felt the love and his brief experience will make him even more confident. He can be a good quarterback in this league.
Downside: He turns 29 in October, he's coming off major knee surgery, and he has like 4 starts in his life. There's not a chance in hell that the Browns will take a pass on drafting a quarterback in the top 10-ish.
BUT... maybe Hoyer pulls a Brees. Maybe he keeps Manziel on the bench (or whoever).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login