Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Worst mock draft

Worst mock draft

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
37 Posts 22 Posters 1.5k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • LBC mike LBC mikeL Reacting Well Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Dedicated One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
    • 3k Posts
    • 297 Reputation
    LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I saw this and was scratching my head. I usually just check these out to see what people are thinking. This guy........... well don't know about him.

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie.php

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • gftChris gftChrisG
      • 13k Posts
      • 428 Reputation
      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Yeah, I generally keep an eye on mock drafts and that site has been consistently rubbish.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Sheepdog S
        • 292 Posts
        • 7 Reputation
        S Sheepdog wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I don't think the FO is going to take a chance on a QB falling to them with the second 1st round pick. Their is going to be a big run on QBs in the draft this year because of all the teams that have a need for the positon. No way Cleveland waits, they draft QB first.

        Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or forsee a fight. -The Havamal (Book of Viking Wisdom)
        gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • S Sheepdog

          I don't think the FO is going to take a chance on a QB falling to them with the second 1st round pick. Their is going to be a big run on QBs in the draft this year because of all the teams that have a need for the positon. No way Cleveland waits, they draft QB first.

          gftChris gftChrisG
          • 13k Posts
          • 428 Reputation
          gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @sheepdog said:

          I don't think the FO is going to take a chance on a QB falling to them with the second 1st round pick. Their is going to be a big run on QBs in the draft this year because of all the teams that have a need for the positon. No way Cleveland waits, they draft QB first.

          In current draft order:

          Bucs - Yes

          Jags - Yes

          Vikings - Need to find an answer, but maybe the like freeman

          Steelers - no

          Falcons - no

          Rams - I think they stick with bradford

          Texans - yep

          Giants - no

          Redskins - no

          Ravens - no

          Raiders - maybe

          Eagles - probably

          Bills - no

          Browns - probably

          ...

          other teams:

          Bears - if Cutler goes

          Cardinals - maybe not round 1

          so I make that about 4 or 5 teams looking for a franchise QB in the draft. Bridgewater, Mariota, Manziel will all go and start from day 1. Boyd might too. Other will probably need to sit for a bit. That being said, I don't think we need a guy to come in and start week 1, we need a guy to win us a superbowl in 2-3 years.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • utzie U
            • 231 Posts
            • 7 Reputation
            U utzie wrote on last edited by
            #5

            The updated version of this mock draft is currently going on. I like this version a lot better.

            1a) Derek Carr, QB Fresno State

            1b) AJ Johnson, ILB Tennessee

            2) Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt

            They are still in round 2. I'll update it throughout the day as they get to the Browns' next pick

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Shep S
              • 961 Posts
              • 55 Reputation
              S Shep wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I don't think there's a chance in hell that the Browns wait until pick 27 to get their quarterback (or trade up to 20). It would be mirroring that 2012 draft Banner and Lombardi so obviously loath.

              The first pick will be a QB. Just matter of which one and how high.

              U 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • S Shep

                I don't think there's a chance in hell that the Browns wait until pick 27 to get their quarterback (or trade up to 20). It would be mirroring that 2012 draft Banner and Lombardi so obviously loath.

                The first pick will be a QB. Just matter of which one and how high.

                utzie U
                • 231 Posts
                • 7 Reputation
                U utzie wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @shep said:

                I don't think there's a chance in hell that the Browns wait until pick 27 to get their quarterback (or trade up to 20). It would be mirroring that 2012 draft Banner and Lombardi so obviously loath.

                The first pick will be a QB. Just matter of which one and how high.

                Right, which they've since changed. I probably should have included the link to the current mock in progress.

                http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

                They selected Carr at 10, Johnson at 28 and Matthews at 41.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Shep S
                  • 961 Posts
                  • 55 Reputation
                  S Shep wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Seeing a lot of ILB picks for a team giving up 3.5 YPC, third best in the NFL. Odd.

                  U 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • S Shep

                    Seeing a lot of ILB picks for a team giving up 3.5 YPC, third best in the NFL. Odd.

                    utzie U
                    • 231 Posts
                    • 7 Reputation
                    U utzie wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @shep said:

                    Seeing a lot of ILB picks for a team giving up 3.5 YPC, third best in the NFL. Odd.

                    As they mentioned in the mock, the Browns are pretty susceptible to coverage over the middle. They've noted before that Robertson is good at tackling and in run-stopping formations, but struggles in coverage. Johnson seems to be a much better overall linebacker, and can cover pretty well.

                    I would still personally see a WR in that slot, but I'm ok with BPA (as long as that BPA coincides with a position of need)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 5k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I really don't see how that is that bad of a mock draft. Right now I'd bet my left nut the brass is going to take a QB with a first round pick. I personally dislike Manziel a lot but there's a growing trend of people his build getting drafted high. Walterfootball is one of the most reputable mock draft sites out there, and none of those picks are really questionable IMO.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • bonedawg B
                        • 847 Posts
                        • 26 Reputation
                        B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Don't be surprised if the Squealers go for a QB in the first round. Knowing our luck, they'll pick right before us and grab their franchise QB for the next decade and we'll get stuck with another QB bust.

                        VagitronV 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Shep S
                          • 961 Posts
                          • 55 Reputation
                          S Shep wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I think it's a little high for an ILB who would be hard pressed to beat out Robertson or DQJ next year (I really think Robertson can cover and has in the past). I do think we need someone in the pipeline there, but not in round one. I think the guys we draft especially with our first three picks need to "move the dial," and I'm not sure we can do all that much more on defense.

                          Hell, we again shut down the Bengals offense. Few first downs, shitty passer rating, dreadful YPC. I think our early picks need to help us become a more consistently formidable offense. To me, that feels like QB, WR, RB or TE, RB or TE... in that order from 1a to 3a (not accounting for trades or what we've already done in f/a).

                          B Tim Couch Pulls OutT 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • S Shep

                            I think it's a little high for an ILB who would be hard pressed to beat out Robertson or DQJ next year (I really think Robertson can cover and has in the past). I do think we need someone in the pipeline there, but not in round one. I think the guys we draft especially with our first three picks need to "move the dial," and I'm not sure we can do all that much more on defense.

                            Hell, we again shut down the Bengals offense. Few first downs, shitty passer rating, dreadful YPC. I think our early picks need to help us become a more consistently formidable offense. To me, that feels like QB, WR, RB or TE, RB or TE... in that order from 1a to 3a (not accounting for trades or what we've already done in f/a).

                            bonedawg B
                            • 847 Posts
                            • 26 Reputation
                            B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @shep said:

                            I think it's a little high for an ILB who would be hard pressed to beat out Robertson or DQJ next year (I really think Robertson can cover and has in the past). I do think we need someone in the pipeline there, but not in round one. I think the guys we draft especially with our first three picks need to "move the dial," and I'm not sure we can do all that much more on defense.

                            Hell, we again shut down the Bengals offense. Few first downs, shitty passer rating, dreadful YPC. I think our early picks need to help us become a more consistently formidable offense. To me, that feels like QB, WR, RB or TE, RB or TE... in that order from 1a to 3a (not accounting for trades or what we've already done in f/a).

                            Agreed, we need to focus on our offense in this order QB, Line, WR, RB, then ILB

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • S Shep

                              I think it's a little high for an ILB who would be hard pressed to beat out Robertson or DQJ next year (I really think Robertson can cover and has in the past). I do think we need someone in the pipeline there, but not in round one. I think the guys we draft especially with our first three picks need to "move the dial," and I'm not sure we can do all that much more on defense.

                              Hell, we again shut down the Bengals offense. Few first downs, shitty passer rating, dreadful YPC. I think our early picks need to help us become a more consistently formidable offense. To me, that feels like QB, WR, RB or TE, RB or TE... in that order from 1a to 3a (not accounting for trades or what we've already done in f/a).

                              Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 8k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @shep said:

                              I think it's a little high for an ILB who would be hard pressed to beat out Robertson or DQJ next year (I really think Robertson can cover and has in the past). I do think we need someone in the pipeline there, but not in round one. I think the guys we draft especially with our first three picks need to "move the dial," and I'm not sure we can do all that much more on defense.

                              Hell, we again shut down the Bengals offense. Few first downs, shitty passer rating, dreadful YPC. I think our early picks need to help us become a more consistently formidable offense. To me, that feels like QB, WR, RB or TE, RB or TE... in that order from 1a to 3a (not accounting for trades or what we've already done in f/a).

                              Robertson was literally the worst coverage linebacker in the NFL last season, as referenced by the site I linked in a response to the last time you claimed Robertson is a good linebacker. Here it is again:

                              https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/29/signature-stats-first-downs-allowed-linebackers/

                              Robertson gave up 26 first downs and 1 TD to players he was covering last season, leading the league at a conversion percentage of 7.38%. What's worse is that he was on the field for only a third of the snaps as DQJ (366 vs. 1,154), yet he gave up 7 more 1st downs/TD's (26 vs. 19).

                              Robertson is a liability. He's a bottom level starter at the very best.

                              Meanwhile, DQJ was a top 10 LB in 1st downs and TD's (probably because Robertson was so awful).

                              I fail to see how you can continue to call him a strong coverage linebacker, or even a strong linebacker in general. As you love to say, the NFL is a passing league. As the worst coverage linebacker in the NFL last season, in a passing league such as it is, I think it's safe to say that he is a big detriment to the team.

                              I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • b86b b86bB
                                • 333 Posts
                                • 15 Reputation
                                b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                This might be the worst I've seen 😵😵

                                http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

                                Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 658 Reputation
                                  PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  The Browns will identify the best QB and throw the Stadium at him to ensure that they get him.

                                  The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
                                  ComeonmanC C 2 Replies Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • b86bB b86b

                                    This might be the worst I've seen 😵😵

                                    http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

                                    Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 8k Posts
                                    • 1k Reputation
                                    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @b86b said:

                                    This might be the worst I've seen 😵😵

                                    http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

                                    That is absolutely the worst mock I've seen.

                                    That guy clearly was just picking Cle's picks based off overall BPA.

                                    I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                    Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • PoeticGP PoeticG

                                      The Browns will identify the best QB and throw the Stadium at him to ensure that they get him.

                                      Comeonman ComeonmanC Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 359 Reputation
                                      ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @poeticg said:

                                      The Browns will identify the best QB and throw the Stadium at him to ensure that they get him.

                                      im afraid they will try. They will either miss, which is much more probable, or overpay with three first rounders and a second
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      👍
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • BeesIndy BeesIndyB
                                        • 3 Posts
                                        • 1 Reputation
                                        BeesIndyB BeesIndy wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        I would take a RG and WR in the first round. I think a QB can still be had in the 2nd round. We have just ignored the offense altogether and we're paying the price for it. Fullback? Kicker? O-line? No, we were busy putting 17 guys on the front 7. So what do we have now? Campbell goes down and the season's over (not that it isn't already). We have maybe 4 guys on the offense who'd start anywhere else. The rest? Meh. We don't have the talent to play out of a hole like we generated last Sunday.

                                        I just want respectability. Last Sunday shows we still don't have it. We have plenty of draft picks and my fear is they'll ball up 5 of those for a QB, then once again we'll have nothing left to address gapping holes in the offense.

                                        hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • slowburn slowburnS
                                          • 2k Posts
                                          • 116 Reputation
                                          slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          It's a Richardson cock draft

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate