Bortles
-
Well, since October.
Ever since I watched him play South Carolina, I've been enthralled.
-
Figured this could use a bump. Thoughts on Bortles in the Fiesta Bowl? In my opinion he looks completely terrible and like a downgrade from Campbell.
-
Waiting for the 2nd half. These guys in bowl games haven't played in a couple weeks, and it takes a few series to get things going... But, so far he has been inaccurate, which is not good...
-
Yeah you bring up a very good point about the time. it scares me though considering Big 12 defenses typically aren't the strongest in the NCAA.
-
Bortles is really showing a lack of vision.
-
looks like david borealis from 'angel' and 'buffy the vampire slayer'.
too bad we play our games during the day.
plus if he's a bust he'll suck the blood out of this franchise for another 5 years.
-
Guy has had a hell of a second half.
-
Don't know what all the hype is about. I haven't seen anything amazing from him. Of course I'm not a pro scout and the only tape I see is highlight videos on Youtube.
-
Reminds me of Jake Locker with a slightly more accurate ball. I think his RB Storm Jobnson helps him create plays and play as well as he does. His speed is his biggest upside but in the nfl everyone is playing fast. I think he's more of a product of his environment then an elite talent capable of performing at a high level in the NFL. . Don't get me wrong he can play in the NFL but is he just another Jake Locker?
-
crossed him off my list.
added cook from mich state to my list.
-
Bortles made some bad decisions and release is a tad slower than I like, but he also showed more speed and better fundamentals than I was expecting. Main thing is I am still not sure how much this whole read option bit distorts a QB's talent.
As for Cook.... ummmm... no...
-
In a late round, if Cook was there, I'd pick him up as a dev backup qb.
-
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
-
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
^this
-
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
And to think people are projecting 195 lb Bridgewater as the #1 pick.
-
Bortles seems like a dink and dunker all the way. The bulk of his yardage came from screens to Storm Johnson, not from throwing up field. He does look a lot like Big Ben in stature, but doubt he will play like him in the NFL.
Manziel will get broken in the NFL.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
