Bortles
-
In a late round, if Cook was there, I'd pick him up as a dev backup qb.
-
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
-
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
^this
-
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
And to think people are projecting 195 lb Bridgewater as the #1 pick.
-
Bortles seems like a dink and dunker all the way. The bulk of his yardage came from screens to Storm Johnson, not from throwing up field. He does look a lot like Big Ben in stature, but doubt he will play like him in the NFL.
Manziel will get broken in the NFL.
-
Is it just me or does Teddy Twatwater not have a neck? Dude looks like his head is literally just sitting on his shoulders.
-
I'd Draft his girl in the first round... http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/blake-bortles-girlfriend-lindsey-duke-bikini.jpg
-
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
And to think people are projecting 195 lb Bridgewater as the #1 pick.
And to think people are projecting 195 lb Bridgewater as the #1 pick.
Barring an unforeseen injury or underwhelming Combine performance, Bridgewater will more than likely be the first pick. Bridgewater at least has the frame to add more weight, being a full three inches taller than Johnny Manziel.
Neither are where you'd like, as far as stature and weight, but both have their qualities to like. The difference between Bridgewater and Manziel is that Bridgewater does little to put himself in danger, whereas Manziel will literally bounce off and jump over linemen in order to make a play. While that is an extremely redeeming quality, it can also lead to injury very quickly in the NFL.
-
I've seen every one of Hundley's games this year, and to me, with my limited knowledge of the other QBs, he looks like he might have the biggest upside because of his size, speed and overall athletic ability. I don't know if that will ever translate into a true NFL QB, but that can be said for all of them.
-
I like Hundleys potential a lot, has he declared? Last I heard he was expected to return to UCLA
-
I've seen every one of Hundley's games this year, and to me, with my limited knowledge of the other QBs, he looks like he might have the biggest upside because of his size, speed and overall athletic ability. I don't know if that will ever translate into a true NFL QB, but that can be said for all of them.
I've seen every one of Hundley's games this year, and to me, with my limited knowledge of the other QBs, he looks like he might have the biggest upside because of his size, speed and overall athletic ability. I don't know if that will ever translate into a true NFL QB, but that can be said for all of them.
I, too, am high on Hundley.
My wishlist would be:
1.Hundley
2.Bortles
3.Manziel
4.Myself
5.Anyone else
6.Derek Carr
I just don't see a Hundley or a Bortles in Cleveland if McDaniels were to take over. Further, the reports are that this FO is very high on Manziel, so I don't see a coach getting the job unless he was as well.
-
I've seen every one of Hundley's games this year, and to me, with my limited knowledge of the other QBs, he looks like he might have the biggest upside because of his size, speed and overall athletic ability. I don't know if that will ever translate into a true NFL QB, but that can be said for all of them.
I, too, am high on Hundley.
My wishlist would be:
1.Hundley
2.Bortles
3.Manziel
4.Myself
5.Anyone else
6.Derek Carr
I just don't see a Hundley or a Bortles in Cleveland if McDaniels were to take over. Further, the reports are that this FO is very high on Manziel, so I don't see a coach getting the job unless he was as well.
I, too, am high on Hundley.
My wishlist would be:
1.Hundley
2.Bortles
3.Manziel
4.Myself
5.Anyone else
6.Derek Carr
I just don't see a Hundley or a Bortles in Cleveland if McDaniels were to take over. Further, the reports are that this FO is very high on Manziel, so I don't see a coach getting the job unless he was as well.
LMAO! I agree 100% with your top 6
-
I've seen every one of Hundley's games this year, and to me, with my limited knowledge of the other QBs, he looks like he might have the biggest upside because of his size, speed and overall athletic ability. I don't know if that will ever translate into a true NFL QB, but that can be said for all of them.
I, too, am high on Hundley.
My wishlist would be:
1.Hundley
2.Bortles
3.Manziel
4.Myself
5.Anyone else
6.Derek Carr
I just don't see a Hundley or a Bortles in Cleveland if McDaniels were to take over. Further, the reports are that this FO is very high on Manziel, so I don't see a coach getting the job unless he was as well.
I, too, am high on Hundley.
My wishlist would be:
1.Hundley
2.Bortles
3.Manziel
4.Myself
5.Anyone else
6.Derek Carr
I just don't see a Hundley or a Bortles in Cleveland if McDaniels were to take over. Further, the reports are that this FO is very high on Manziel, so I don't see a coach getting the job unless he was as well.
Have you declared your eligibility for the draft?
-
I, too, am high on Hundley.
My wishlist would be:
1.Hundley
2.Bortles
3.Manziel
4.Myself
5.Anyone else
6.Derek Carr
I just don't see a Hundley or a Bortles in Cleveland if McDaniels were to take over. Further, the reports are that this FO is very high on Manziel, so I don't see a coach getting the job unless he was as well.
Have you declared your eligibility for the draft?
Have you declared your eligibility for the draft?
I'm testing the waters. I've inquired about my draft stock, want to see what round I'd get picked.
-
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
I wouldn't say he took them from nothing. 3 of the last 4 years UCF has had 10+ wins and they beat Georgia without him (2010 i believe).
I agree that he's a big mobile QB. Similar to Big Ben. I also prefer him over Manziel.
-
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
I wouldn't say he took them from nothing. 3 of the last 4 years UCF has had 10+ wins and they beat Georgia without him (2010 i believe).
I agree that he's a big mobile QB. Similar to Big Ben. I also prefer him over Manziel.
I wouldn't say he took them from nothing. 3 of the last 4 years UCF has had 10+ wins and they beat Georgia without him (2010 i believe).
I agree that he's a big mobile QB. Similar to Big Ben. I also prefer him over Manziel.
Georgia notwithstanding, they beat relative nobodies from 2008 until 2011, besting weak CUSA teams such as Houston, Rice and Tulane.
UCF had never beaten a Big 10 or Big 12 team until this year nor had they ever beaten a Top 10 team until they beat Louisville this year. This year marks the first BCS Bowl they've been to, where they beat a #6 ranked Baylor squad. They nearly beat a Top 5 South Carolina team, losing only by three after Bortles threw two fourth quarter touchdowns.
Their 2010 season was filled with pretty unspectacular victories, the only two big victories being the CUSA championship over #25 ranked SMU and then the Liberty Bowl victory over a weak #24 ranked Georgia.
They didn't come from nothing, I'll grant you that, but they were twice the team this year than they were any other year.
-
After watching that bowl game, it seems that Petty and Bortles could both
do well to stay in school another year.
But either could also learn behind Hoyer a season, unless the three Browns front office potato heads
trade Hoyer for a back up punter.....
-
After watching that bowl game, it seems that Petty and Bortles could both
do well to stay in school another year.
But either could also learn behind Hoyer a season, unless the three Browns front office potato heads
trade Hoyer for a back up punter.....
-
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night.
He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
I think we're on a crash course for Manziel.
Bortles had a bad first half but a strong second half showing against a team that was supposed to beat UCF by 17 points last night. He turned a team from nothing into something and beat teams they had no right beating (Baylor, South Carolina, Lousville, Penn State). He's a big bodied player with mobility and elusiveness (yes, they're different). That's why I wanted him, and that's why I still prefer him over Manziel.
I can see the advantages in both quarterbacks. I just can't see Manziel bouncing off a 340 lb man and then throwing a TD on Sundays.
Manziel has the quickness and agility to avoid big hits, but not the judgement. Bortles has speed, but not sure about his quickness, i.e., acceleration, and agility.
Neither will bounce off of 340 pounders.
Does Bortles ever get under center?
My wishlist would be: 1.Hundley 2.Bortles 3.Manziel 4.Myself 5.Anyone else 6.Derek Carr
Cool... I'm #5...
After watching that bowl game, it seems that Petty and Bortles could both do well to stay in school another year.
Petty really does not impress me.
-
He's definitely a big QB at 6'4" 230 lbs. He does benefit from a good RB in Storm Johnson. Haven't seen enough of him to comment on his accuracy and ball placement.
He's definitely a big QB at 6'4" 230 lbs. He does benefit from a good RB in Storm Johnson. Haven't seen enough of him to comment on his accuracy and ball placement.
Yeah he is a big mo-fo, what surprises me about him is how good he moves and runs. He's got some quicks for sure. I'm starting to like him more than any other QB coming out.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login