Skip to content

Ranking the Browns QBs

The Browns Board
25 7 822
  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #12

    1 Graham

    2.,Ryan

    3. Kosar

    4. Testeverde

    5. Sipe/couch (tie)

    No one else matters

  • 1 Graham

    2.,Ryan

    3. Kosar

    4. Testeverde

    5. Sipe/couch (tie)

    No one else matters

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #13

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    1 Graham

    2.,Ryan

    3. Kosar

    4. Testeverde

    5. Sipe/couch (tie)

    No one else matters

    Are you sure?:

    Postseason victories by Browns starting QBs:

    Otto Graham: 9

    Bernie Kosar: 3

    Bill Nelsen: 2

    Frank Ryan: 1

    Vinny Testaverde: 1

    Brian Sipe: -0-

    Postseason losses by Browns starting QBs:

    Kosar: 4

    Graham: 3

    Nelsen: 3

    Ryan: 2

    Plum: 2

    Phipps: 1

    Testaverde: 1

    Holcomb: 1

    Sipe: 1

    McDonald: 1

    Pagel: 1

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I've never even heard of bill nelsen so what's that tell you?

  • 1 Graham

    2.,Ryan

    3. Kosar

    4. Testeverde

    5. Sipe/couch (tie)

    No one else matters

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    5. Sipe/couch (tie)

    Because we all remember that time that Tim Couch won the NFL MVP ...

    Zombo

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Sipe and couch had the same amount of success...none. although Gipper has informed me some guys I've never even heard of had more. I am now informed.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Sipe did in fact win the MVP. Whether that is warranted or not is above my pay grade. I was born the year of his only playoff appearance.

  • Sipe did in fact win the MVP. Whether that is warranted or not is above my pay grade. I was born the year of his only playoff appearance.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Sipe did in fact win the MVP. Whether that is warranted or not is above my pay grade. I was born the year of his only playoff appearance.

    4,132 yards and 30 TDs in 1980 while leading a team to first place in a division that featured the two-time returning Super Bowl Champions and the two-time AFC runner-up Oilers .... yes it was warranted.

    You can simply say that you don't know anything about the QBs before Kosar, that is an acceptable answer. I don't know anything before Nelson except what I have read about.

    Zombo

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I did say that. I know the greats of course. There hasn't been too many.

  • I've never even heard of bill nelsen so what's that tell you?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I've never even heard of bill nelsen so what's that tell you?

    That tells me you don't know dick about Browns history.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Zombo just said he doesn't know Nelson either. So basically anyone who can't name the obscure late sixties browns quarterbacks that received no acclaim doesn't know dick? Not everyone has all day to sit around obsessing over the mediocre quarterbacks of yore.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I know the names, I just never saw anyone before Nelson play. Didn't mean to be a dick or claim that someone didn't know dick, just sorry I never got to see dick Shiner play.

    Zombo

  • Zombo just said he doesn't know Nelson either. So basically anyone who can't name the obscure late sixties browns quarterbacks that received no acclaim doesn't know dick? Not everyone has all day to sit around obsessing over the mediocre quarterbacks of yore.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Zombo just said he doesn't know Nelson either. So basically anyone who can't name the obscure late sixties browns quarterbacks that received no acclaim doesn't know dick? Not everyone has all day to sit around obsessing over the mediocre quarterbacks of yore.

    No, he said that he didn't see Nelsen play.....he didn't say he didn't know about him.

    As for mediocre? He took the Browns to what would be today 2 NFC Conference Championship games. So, if in the pantheon of all Browns QBs he is a mediocre one....then tell me about the 10-12 that have been better.

    A Browns fan need not sit around obsessing about QB to know that in the team's entire history there have only be 4 QBs to take the team to a conference Championship game: Graham, Ryan, Nelsen and Kosar and that is it.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Mark Sanchez took the jets tp the AFC championship twice. How do you think history will remember him?

  • Mark Sanchez took the jets tp the AFC championship twice. How do you think history will remember him?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Mark Sanchez took the jets tp the AFC championship twice. How do you think history will remember him?

    Depends on what he does with the rest of his career. Nelsen's career is kind of the opposite of Sanchez. He started with the piss poor Pissburgh Steelers then came to the Browns and did well.

    Some times, in fact, a bad team can drag a good QB down.