Stoolers
-
I'll say this. That makes two blows to the head- one on Campbell- and no it wasn't the ground that caused the concussion according to Jason, and now giving the Bengals punter a fractured jaw and broken vertebrae that resulted in Squealer touchdowns and, oh BTW no call on either.
I don't know what the Refs are seeing on this crap, but count on your guy getting fined. But big whoop that was a game changing play- Rooney probably pays their fines, and calls them a nice clean hit. I'll call the Bungle play for what it was- a major Whines Hard style cheap shot.
Those shitheads have been getting away with cheap shots for years!!! Nothing new!
Those shitheads have been getting away with cheap shots for years!!! Nothing new!
It was a linebacker on the punter, huber was there to make the play and he was blocked. It wasnt a headshot and it was perfectly legal. Reports are saying he likely had prior hairline fracture of his vertabrae and the hit just did it in completely. If the same block was applied by a brown you all would be clamoring about it in a positive manner. Its a steeler so out come the tears
-
It was a leading with the helmet into the punter's lower facemask.
Expect a fine after the fact.
-
Those shitheads have been getting away with cheap shots for years!!! Nothing new!
It was a linebacker on the punter, huber was there to make the play and he was blocked. It wasnt a headshot and it was perfectly legal. Reports are saying he likely had prior hairline fracture of his vertabrae and the hit just did it in completely. If the same block was applied by a brown you all would be clamoring about it in a positive manner. Its a steeler so out come the tears
It was a linebacker on the punter, huber was there to make the play and he was blocked. It wasnt a headshot and it was perfectly legal. Reports are saying he likely had prior hairline fracture of his vertabrae and the hit just did it in completely. If the same block was applied by a brown you all would be clamoring about it in a positive manner. Its a steeler so out come the tears
I've come to expect nothing less out of you. Same way you stuck up for Headhunter Harrison when he was on your side. With the typical Steeler knowledge of anatomy- I suppose you think the guys jaw is somewhere around the center of his chest, so explain away how it got broken. (Yeah- it happened when he hit the ground- flat on his back.) Incidentally ounce for ounce, your jaw is the strongest bone in your body. He hit the guy in the head right under the facemask, period, end of discussion. I'm not a Bengals fan- or a Steelers fan- and that was a totally unnecessary kill shot on a defenseless player who didn't see it coming. Excuse me jackass- the guy's (pardon my French) the fucking punter- Garvin could have knocked him flat on his ass with a one handed shove. But noooo had to barrel into him high, full bore. But don't just take my word for it- here it is straight from NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300186/article/nfl-steelers-hit-on-bengals-kevin-huber-was-penalty Gee, I missed the other helmet to helmet on that play that also didn't get conveniently called. Really, how much does Rooney contribute to the Refs retirement fund?
Sort of like how Tomlin "accidentally" wandered 4 yards past where he was supposed to be when he was watching the scoreboard.
& STFU- I didn't condone any of Ward's headshots (one of which knocked a Bengals WR out of the game) in the end zone a few years back. TJ learned to not hit high- and now the Patriot whiners are bitching he targeted Gronk's knee.
-
It was a linebacker on the punter, huber was there to make the play and he was blocked. It wasnt a headshot and it was perfectly legal. Reports are saying he likely had prior hairline fracture of his vertabrae and the hit just did it in completely. If the same block was applied by a brown you all would be clamoring about it in a positive manner. Its a steeler so out come the tears
I've come to expect nothing less out of you. Same way you stuck up for Headhunter Harrison when he was on your side. With the typical Steeler knowledge of anatomy- I suppose you think the guys jaw is somewhere around the center of his chest, so explain away how it got broken. (Yeah- it happened when he hit the ground- flat on his back.) Incidentally ounce for ounce, your jaw is the strongest bone in your body. He hit the guy in the head right under the facemask, period, end of discussion. I'm not a Bengals fan- or a Steelers fan- and that was a totally unnecessary kill shot on a defenseless player who didn't see it coming. Excuse me jackass- the guy's (pardon my French) the fucking punter- Garvin could have knocked him flat on his ass with a one handed shove. But noooo had to barrel into him high, full bore. But don't just take my word for it- here it is straight from NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300186/article/nfl-steelers-hit-on-bengals-kevin-huber-was-penalty Gee, I missed the other helmet to helmet on that play that also didn't get conveniently called. Really, how much does Rooney contribute to the Refs retirement fund?
Sort of like how Tomlin "accidentally" wandered 4 yards past where he was supposed to be when he was watching the scoreboard.
& STFU- I didn't condone any of Ward's headshots (one of which knocked a Bengals WR out of the game) in the end zone a few years back. TJ learned to not hit high- and now the Patriot whiners are bitching he targeted Gronk's knee.
I've come to expect nothing less out of you. Same way you stuck up for Headhunter Harrison when he was on your side. With the typical Steeler knowledge of anatomy- I suppose you think the guys jaw is somewhere around the center of his chest, so explain away how it got broken. (Yeah- it happened when he hit the ground- flat on his back.) Incidentally ounce for ounce, your jaw is the strongest bone in your body. He hit the guy in the head right under the facemask, period, end of discussion. I'm not a Bengals fan- or a Steelers fan- and that was a totally unnecessary kill shot on a defenseless player who didn't see it coming. Excuse me jackass- the guy's (pardon my French) the fucking punter- Garvin could have knocked him flat on his ass with a one handed shove. But noooo had to barrel into him high, full bore. But don't just take my word for it- here it is straight from NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300186/article/nfl-steelers-hit-on-bengals-kevin-huber-was-penalty Gee, I missed the other helmet to helmet on that play that also didn't get conveniently called. Really, how much does Rooney contribute to the Refs retirement fund?
Sort of like how Tomlin "accidentally" wandered 4 yards past where he was supposed to be when he was watching the scoreboard.
& STFU- I didn't condone any of Ward's headshots (one of which knocked a Bengals WR out of the game) in the end zone a few years back. TJ learned to not hit high- and now the Patriot whiners are bitching he targeted Gronk's knee.
Hoorta:
Your wasting words on this prick..Not one time has he contributed anything but lie about his business here. He hasnt contributed "ONE SINGLE THREAD" about the AFC in general. Wich he claims to come here and find info about ...But you never hear a peep out of him unless someone mentions something about his Stoolers. He sits here lurking then runs his stupid bitch mouth. He's a complete liar and he knows it.. What he doesnt understand is "we all know it too". It becomes reduntantly hilarious how he sticks his own foot in his mouth time after time.
-
Gaf,
Why do I hate the Steelers, but do not hate the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, etc.? I mean its all envy right?
First, I think some has to do with the lack of humility in the fan base. They will attribute their winning ways to the 'genius' well ran franchise. And you know what? Of course they are well ran. Yet, they are completely oblivious to the variance and luck that goes into having a winning team (yes, even for decades). Are the Colts brilliantly ran? The Pats are getting 15 years of great play because of hitting a QB in the sixth round. I'm sure you know that Bradshaw was won on a coin flip. You guys aren't saying 'we got 6' if you lose that coin flip. The Steelers have won 52% of their NFL games. The Browns 51% (54% if you include AAFC, but I know that gets Steeler fans panties on fire so I left it out). What are the percentages going to be for the next 50 years? Probably something close to 50%.
Second, it seems like no team in the league head hunts and cheap shots quite like the Steelers. Throw in the hypocrisy of a 'class act' organization and there you have it. I do not like the Steelers.
Gaf,
Why do I hate the Steelers, but do not hate the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, etc.? I mean its all envy right?
First, I think some has to do with the lack of humility in the fan base. They will attribute their winning ways to the 'genius' well ran franchise. And you know what? Of course they are well ran. Yet, they are completely oblivious to the variance and luck that goes into having a winning team (yes, even for decades). Are the Colts brilliantly ran? The Pats are getting 15 years of great play because of hitting a QB in the sixth round. I'm sure you know that Bradshaw was won on a coin flip. You guys aren't saying 'we got 6' if you lose that coin flip. The Steelers have won 52% of their NFL games. The Browns 51% (54% if you include AAFC, but I know that gets Steeler fans panties on fire so I left it out). What are the percentages going to be for the next 50 years? Probably something close to 50%.
Second, it seems like no team in the league head hunts and cheap shots quite like the Steelers. Throw in the hypocrisy of a 'class act' organization and there you have it. I do not like the Steelers.
Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.
As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.
-
Gaf,
Why do I hate the Steelers, but do not hate the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, etc.? I mean its all envy right?
First, I think some has to do with the lack of humility in the fan base. They will attribute their winning ways to the 'genius' well ran franchise. And you know what? Of course they are well ran. Yet, they are completely oblivious to the variance and luck that goes into having a winning team (yes, even for decades). Are the Colts brilliantly ran? The Pats are getting 15 years of great play because of hitting a QB in the sixth round. I'm sure you know that Bradshaw was won on a coin flip. You guys aren't saying 'we got 6' if you lose that coin flip. The Steelers have won 52% of their NFL games. The Browns 51% (54% if you include AAFC, but I know that gets Steeler fans panties on fire so I left it out). What are the percentages going to be for the next 50 years? Probably something close to 50%.
Second, it seems like no team in the league head hunts and cheap shots quite like the Steelers. Throw in the hypocrisy of a 'class act' organization and there you have it. I do not like the Steelers.
Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.
As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.
no there would have been 15 yards added to that play, and we would have bitched about how we are never never gifted calls like other teams in the nfl.pghbigkev said:
Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.
As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.
-
I've come to expect nothing less out of you. Same way you stuck up for Headhunter Harrison when he was on your side. With the typical Steeler knowledge of anatomy- I suppose you think the guys jaw is somewhere around the center of his chest, so explain away how it got broken. (Yeah- it happened when he hit the ground- flat on his back.) Incidentally ounce for ounce, your jaw is the strongest bone in your body. He hit the guy in the head right under the facemask, period, end of discussion. I'm not a Bengals fan- or a Steelers fan- and that was a totally unnecessary kill shot on a defenseless player who didn't see it coming. Excuse me jackass- the guy's (pardon my French) the fucking punter- Garvin could have knocked him flat on his ass with a one handed shove. But noooo had to barrel into him high, full bore. But don't just take my word for it- here it is straight from NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300186/article/nfl-steelers-hit-on-bengals-kevin-huber-was-penalty Gee, I missed the other helmet to helmet on that play that also didn't get conveniently called. Really, how much does Rooney contribute to the Refs retirement fund?
Sort of like how Tomlin "accidentally" wandered 4 yards past where he was supposed to be when he was watching the scoreboard.
& STFU- I didn't condone any of Ward's headshots (one of which knocked a Bengals WR out of the game) in the end zone a few years back. TJ learned to not hit high- and now the Patriot whiners are bitching he targeted Gronk's knee.
Hoorta:
Your wasting words on this prick..Not one time has he contributed anything but lie about his business here. He hasnt contributed "ONE SINGLE THREAD" about the AFC in general. Wich he claims to come here and find info about ...But you never hear a peep out of him unless someone mentions something about his Stoolers. He sits here lurking then runs his stupid bitch mouth. He's a complete liar and he knows it.. What he doesnt understand is "we all know it too". It becomes reduntantly hilarious how he sticks his own foot in his mouth time after time.
can I add that he's a spineless homo that wouldn't bet milk or I... all the while clamoring how the steelers have pro bowl caliber players on the bench and the stools always nail the draft.Hoorta:
Your wasting words on this prick..Not one time has he contributed anything but lie about his business here. He hasnt contributed "ONE SINGLE THREAD" about the AFC in general. Wich he claims to come here and find info about ...But you never hear a peep out of him unless someone mentions something about his Stoolers. He sits here lurking then runs his stupid bitch mouth. He's a complete liar and he knows it.. What he doesnt understand is "we all know it too". It becomes reduntantly hilarious how he sticks his own foot in his mouth time after time.
Cap cuts are coming once again this year (evil laugh).
-
Those shitheads have been getting away with cheap shots for years!!! Nothing new!
It was a linebacker on the punter, huber was there to make the play and he was blocked. It wasnt a headshot and it was perfectly legal. Reports are saying he likely had prior hairline fracture of his vertabrae and the hit just did it in completely. If the same block was applied by a brown you all would be clamoring about it in a positive manner. Its a steeler so out come the tears
It was a linebacker on the punter, huber was there to make the play and he was blocked. It wasnt a headshot and it was perfectly legal. Reports are saying he likely had prior hairline fracture of his vertabrae and the hit just did it in completely. If the same block was applied by a brown you all would be clamoring about it in a positive manner. Its a steeler so out come the tears
When you hit someone square in the face, how can you say that was not a head shot?
Are you looking at different anatomy manual than the rest of us? Or did you think this guy was an alien where his head is where his dick should be and his dick where his head should be?
-
Gaf,
Why do I hate the Steelers, but do not hate the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, etc.? I mean its all envy right?
First, I think some has to do with the lack of humility in the fan base. They will attribute their winning ways to the 'genius' well ran franchise. And you know what? Of course they are well ran. Yet, they are completely oblivious to the variance and luck that goes into having a winning team (yes, even for decades). Are the Colts brilliantly ran? The Pats are getting 15 years of great play because of hitting a QB in the sixth round. I'm sure you know that Bradshaw was won on a coin flip. You guys aren't saying 'we got 6' if you lose that coin flip. The Steelers have won 52% of their NFL games. The Browns 51% (54% if you include AAFC, but I know that gets Steeler fans panties on fire so I left it out). What are the percentages going to be for the next 50 years? Probably something close to 50%.
Second, it seems like no team in the league head hunts and cheap shots quite like the Steelers. Throw in the hypocrisy of a 'class act' organization and there you have it. I do not like the Steelers.
Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.
As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.
pghbigkev said:
Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.
As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.
Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
-
Gaf,
Why do I hate the Steelers, but do not hate the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, etc.? I mean its all envy right?
First, I think some has to do with the lack of humility in the fan base. They will attribute their winning ways to the 'genius' well ran franchise. And you know what? Of course they are well ran. Yet, they are completely oblivious to the variance and luck that goes into having a winning team (yes, even for decades). Are the Colts brilliantly ran? The Pats are getting 15 years of great play because of hitting a QB in the sixth round. I'm sure you know that Bradshaw was won on a coin flip. You guys aren't saying 'we got 6' if you lose that coin flip. The Steelers have won 52% of their NFL games. The Browns 51% (54% if you include AAFC, but I know that gets Steeler fans panties on fire so I left it out). What are the percentages going to be for the next 50 years? Probably something close to 50%.
Second, it seems like no team in the league head hunts and cheap shots quite like the Steelers. Throw in the hypocrisy of a 'class act' organization and there you have it. I do not like the Steelers.
Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.
As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.
pghbigkev said:
Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.
As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.
First wrong assumption, I am not an OSU fan. Also, college sports and pro sports are waaaay different. Prolonged dominance in college is much easier to sustain than in a salary cap pro league. Its not even close and mindless comparison you made. OSU is much more likely to be excellent for the next few decades than any NFL team.
Second wrong assumption, how do you know I hypocritical? I dont like those hits either way. I didn't realize you were sitting in my living room when I cringe on a tj ward hit.
-
can I add that he's a spineless homo that wouldn't bet milk or I... all the while clamoring how the steelers have pro bowl caliber players on the bench and the stools always nail the draft.Hoorta:
Your wasting words on this prick..Not one time has he contributed anything but lie about his business here. He hasnt contributed "ONE SINGLE THREAD" about the AFC in general. Wich he claims to come here and find info about ...But you never hear a peep out of him unless someone mentions something about his Stoolers. He sits here lurking then runs his stupid bitch mouth. He's a complete liar and he knows it.. What he doesnt understand is "we all know it too". It becomes reduntantly hilarious how he sticks his own foot in his mouth time after time.
Cap cuts are coming once again this year (evil laugh).
can I add that he's a spineless homo that wouldn't bet milk or I... all the while clamoring how the steelers have pro bowl caliber players on the bench and the stools always nail the draft.
Cap cuts are coming once again this year (evil laugh).
I never said we weren't betting, we never finalized anything and just seemed to stop talking about it before the season began. Figure out a bet for next season that's reasonable.
-
pghbigkev said:
Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.
As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.
Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
.Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
Ive watched a gif. Of that hit several times over and they happen all the time on kick and return coverage. He didn't lead with his helmet his helmet made contact with Huber and his facemask as a result of Huber being smaller and garvin not getting low enough. Its also why this rule is a little ridiculous. I would also like to know why a punter is considered defenseless. If he can make a tackle on the ball carrier to stop the return why is he defenseless? If we are protecting the punters and kickers of the league they should just be taken out of those plays all together. Bottom line there is no consistency with the NFL and these calls and that's the biggest problem. Dig up the gif. There is t a player in the NFL that would prefer a player go super low just like ward on gronk. ward went that low to avoid a fine but he also ruined gronks season and seriously jeopradized his long term career. I blame the lg not ward.
-
.Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
Ive watched a gif. Of that hit several times over and they happen all the time on kick and return coverage. He didn't lead with his helmet his helmet made contact with Huber and his facemask as a result of Huber being smaller and garvin not getting low enough. Its also why this rule is a little ridiculous. I would also like to know why a punter is considered defenseless. If he can make a tackle on the ball carrier to stop the return why is he defenseless? If we are protecting the punters and kickers of the league they should just be taken out of those plays all together. Bottom line there is no consistency with the NFL and these calls and that's the biggest problem. Dig up the gif. There is t a player in the NFL that would prefer a player go super low just like ward on gronk. ward went that low to avoid a fine but he also ruined gronks season and seriously jeopradized his long term career. I blame the lg not ward.
.
Ive watched a gif. Of that hit several times over and they happen all the time on kick and return coverage. He didn't lead with his helmet his helmet made contact with Huber and his facemask as a result of Huber being smaller and garvin not getting low enough. Its also why this rule is a little ridiculous. I would also like to know why a punter is considered defenseless. If he can make a tackle on the ball carrier to stop the return why is he defenseless? If we are protecting the punters and kickers of the league they should just be taken out of those plays all together. Bottom line there is no consistency with the NFL and these calls and that's the biggest problem. Dig up the gif. There is t a player in the NFL that would prefer a player go super low just like ward on gronk. ward went that low to avoid a fine but he also ruined gronks season and seriously jeopradized his long term career. I blame the lg not ward.
The guy hits him first with his helmet to the face mask....but he didn't lead with his helmet? Like I said, you have a bizarre sense of anatomy.
FYI....if the league didn't have a rule about "no hitting near the head"....Ward still did the right thing to take him low.
I mean the very little football that I personally was involved in playing, I was taught to "knock a guy off his feet" by grabbing him low and disallowing his legs to function. Ward hit the guy low and knocked him off his feet....right like he should be taught to do.
I got hit playing football once just like Gronk did, right on the knee, by an all league performer at LB. Fortuneatly I was not hurt as bad. Just a sprain.
But, I made up for it by getting my ACL tear playing baseball.
-
pghbigkev said:
Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.
As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.
Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
You are using a poor comparison. The hit on the Punter was an acceptable hit up until the Roger Goodell era. The Bradshaw hit was always considered a dirty hit. But to be honest, I never got all that outraged even with the Bradshaw hit, because it's football and there is a very fine line between dirty and not dirty. The Steelers have always played on this fine line throughout their history, even before Noll they were known as a team that wasn't very fun to play against. Again, this is football, it's supposed to be tough.
-
Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
You are using a poor comparison. The hit on the Punter was an acceptable hit up until the Roger Goodell era. The Bradshaw hit was always considered a dirty hit. But to be honest, I never got all that outraged even with the Bradshaw hit, because it's football and there is a very fine line between dirty and not dirty. The Steelers have always played on this fine line throughout their history, even before Noll they were known as a team that wasn't very fun to play against. Again, this is football, it's supposed to be tough.
pghbigkev said:
You are using a poor comparison. The hit on the Punter was an acceptable hit up until the Roger Goodell era. The Bradshaw hit was always considered a dirty hit. But to be honest, I never got all that outraged even with the Bradshaw hit, because it's football and there is a very fine line between dirty and not dirty. The Steelers have always played on this fine line throughout their history, even before Noll they were known as a team that wasn't very fun to play against. Again, this is football, it's supposed to be tough.
I guess I need to see that hit again. If it can be posted, I can better make up my own mind.
(and I wouldn't blame these rules on Goodell. He is doing what he needs to do to protect his owners interests from lawsuits by former/current/future players).
I know that the Steelers have been considered a dirty team since Noll came on board. That was a trademark of the Steel Curtain.
Yes, they were dirty as fuck.....and one Joe Jones play didn't make up for dozens of dirty plays by the Steelers.
Prior to the Noll era, I am not aware that they were considered dirty.
I know that John Henry Johnson was one hell of a tough runner...but I don't know about dirty.
-
I hate to see someone blasted like Huber was, but I bet this rule is quietly modified in some way in the off season. Roughing the kicker has been around a long time but making punters a protected species through the whole play is much more recent. If they are going to try to make a tackle, as Huber was intending to do, they have to be treated like other players. Or give punters a different color helmet. Or make them leave the field of play as quickly as possible, maybe assess a penalty if they block or attempt to tackle. I don't know.
If he had not been a punter, the block would have been legal. Until this year it might have been legal to hit a punter on the return if he was attempting to make a play.
Anyone notice the Bungles #40 grabbing the returner's chin an instant after Huber is hit? It turned his head while he was running full speed. A lot of nasty injuries do happen during returns.
-
pghbigkev said:
Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.
As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.
Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
If Turkey Jones was playing for the Browns today he would be their best defensive player. All the more amazing because must be 70 years old by now.
-
Gaf,
Why do I hate the Steelers, but do not hate the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, etc.? I mean its all envy right?
First, I think some has to do with the lack of humility in the fan base. They will attribute their winning ways to the 'genius' well ran franchise. And you know what? Of course they are well ran. Yet, they are completely oblivious to the variance and luck that goes into having a winning team (yes, even for decades). Are the Colts brilliantly ran? The Pats are getting 15 years of great play because of hitting a QB in the sixth round. I'm sure you know that Bradshaw was won on a coin flip. You guys aren't saying 'we got 6' if you lose that coin flip. The Steelers have won 52% of their NFL games. The Browns 51% (54% if you include AAFC, but I know that gets Steeler fans panties on fire so I left it out). What are the percentages going to be for the next 50 years? Probably something close to 50%.
Second, it seems like no team in the league head hunts and cheap shots quite like the Steelers. Throw in the hypocrisy of a 'class act' organization and there you have it. I do not like the Steelers.
They will attribute their winning ways to the 'genius' well ran franchise. And you know what? Of course they are well ran. Yet, they are completely oblivious to the variance and luck that goes into having a winning team (yes, even for decades.
They are (were?) well run and developed a method that kept them in contention for a long time. I never saw a team that could lose players to free agency and not miss a beat like they did. When they let someone walk, their apprentice was usually ready. Then they quit using their own successful method. They went too long with players and are paying the price now, on defense. There drafts have been mediocre for a while as well, though 2013 was better. I don't know why that happened, maybe whoever was evaluating the talent moved on to other jobs with other teams.
On the offensive line they seem to have terrible injuries every year and have to get guys off the street to play. I honestly never heard of their center before, and before that the center was Geraldo Rivera or something, and everyone else is playing out of position.
Maybe it is as you say, variance and luck.
-
Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
You are using a poor comparison. The hit on the Punter was an acceptable hit up until the Roger Goodell era. The Bradshaw hit was always considered a dirty hit. But to be honest, I never got all that outraged even with the Bradshaw hit, because it's football and there is a very fine line between dirty and not dirty. The Steelers have always played on this fine line throughout their history, even before Noll they were known as a team that wasn't very fun to play against. Again, this is football, it's supposed to be tough.
pghbigkev said:
You are using a poor comparison. The hit on the Punter was an acceptable hit up until the Roger Goodell era. The Bradshaw hit was always considered a dirty hit. But to be honest, I never got all that outraged even with the Bradshaw hit, because it's football and there is a very fine line between dirty and not dirty. The Steelers have always played on this fine line throughout their history, even before Noll they were known as a team that wasn't very fun to play against. Again, this is football, it's supposed to be tough.
Yeah- if then was now, doubtless Turkey Jones' pile driver of any quarterback would probably be a $100k fine and at least a four game if not a season long ban. 20 years ago, the hit on the Bengals punter would be nice hit, too bad about your jaw. I saw Lynn Swann almost get decapitated diving for a sideline catch and the opposing player- can't remember the team-wasn't the Browns- hung out a perfect closeline to the neck. Only a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct.
It's a violent game- enough injuries happen inadvertently- but I'll draw the line where there is intent to injure- and just MHO- that was the intent on the punter. BTW, you can blame that rule change on Hines Ward- he made a living out of cheap blindside hits- and the league has taken a stance against it.
-
Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.
(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)
At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.
If Turkey Jones was playing for the Browns today he would be their best defensive player. All the more amazing because must be 70 years old by now.
If Turkey Jones was playing for the Browns today he would be their best defensive player. All the more amazing because must be 70 years old by now.
Hardee har har. I think it was Ted Williams who first used that line when asked if he could hit .400 against "today's pitchers".
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login