Skip to content

Five Browns To Pro Bowl

The Browns Board
28 18 1.5k
  • Gordon and Haden were the rest were good players but not great

    BTW Cameron had a great year for the Browns but 2 TDs since week 5 and a lot of garbage time receptions

    Thomas had the most penalties of his career and was beat bad a bunch of times

    Maybe I'm wrong on Mack but I don't really pay a lot of attention to the center but I do remember the snap heard round the world and we couldn't run the ball at all especially up the middle

  • It can't be a bad thing to have 5 guys going. KC had 6 last year and only won 2 games.

  • As soon as one of those players has 'QB' next to his name, then we will win more than 4 games.

  • c08t869.jpg

  • Congrats to our five Pro Bowlers under 30!

    We are the Chiefs of last year, lots of talent with some holes to be filled and a steady hand to guide us.

    Alex Mack just got more expensive ... signing a Pro Bowler would make a big splash for another team, let's hope Banner knows you have to spend money on the o-Line if you don't want to get your forthcoming rookie QB killed.

    The line has played really well since Pinkston started playing again.

    Zombo

  • Mack is almost a must resign but with Banner I would not be suprised if he signs elsewhere.

  • Idk if Joe Thomas had a pro-bowl year, but he seems like an auto in every year.

  • Joe Haden was beat all season by lesser Wr's. But he did play well against an injured Calvin Johnson, and an inconsistant Mike Wallace, so I guess he qualifies

  • Joe Haden was beat all season by lesser Wr's. But he did play well against an injured Calvin Johnson, and an inconsistant Mike Wallace, so I guess he qualifies

    @browns149 said:

    Joe Haden was beat all season by lesser Wr's. But he did play well against an injured Calvin Johnson, and an inconsistant Mike Wallace, so I guess he qualifies

    Haden also totally shut down AJ Green and didn't allow a 100 yard WR all year, so STFU boo bird.

  • Haden had a great year, he actually did better last year but was ineligible. He's still great and a top 3 CB in the NFL.

    Joe Thomas is an automatic because he's yet to miss a game, maybe even a snap?

    Mack was consistent as always except for the one snap.

    Gordon redeemed himself and he missed the beginning of the season, what a stud. Probably the best receiver we've had since the return, well worth the second rounder it cost to get him in the supplemental draft. Thank you Tom Heckert, my man!

    Jordan Cameron. I knew you had it in you all along! Great job, but I wonder how many records he would have broken had Hoyer played all season? He's still a beast and should be our Dallas Clark for our new Peyton Manning...

  • Just curious, last year Haden had a suspension, but was ineligible for the Pro Bowl. So why this year was Gordon available for the Pro Bowl with a suspension? Is it because it was only two games? I'm not complaining I was just wondering about the rules for that.

  • one was for performance enhancing the other was for recreational drugs. The PED is a no no.

  • Just curious, last year Haden had a suspension, but was ineligible for the Pro Bowl. So why this year was Gordon available for the Pro Bowl with a suspension? Is it because it was only two games? I'm not complaining I was just wondering about the rules for that.

    @browns23 said:

    Just curious, last year Haden had a suspension, but was ineligible for the Pro Bowl. So why this year was Gordon available for the Pro Bowl with a suspension? Is it because it was only two games? I'm not complaining I was just wondering about the rules for that.

    Haden was ineligible last year because he took Aderall which is performance-enhancing. Gordon's suspension wasnt for a performance enhancer so he doesnt lose eligibilty.

  • so pot is good and aderall is bad kids, mmmhhhh kay!

  • voice of counsler on southpark

  • I'm curious to know if you play for Denver after Jan 1, are you allowed to smoke weed since it will be legal there on Jan 1?

  • Joe Haden was beat all season by lesser Wr's. But he did play well against an injured Calvin Johnson, and an inconsistant Mike Wallace, so I guess he qualifies

    @browns149 said:

    Joe Haden was beat all season by lesser Wr's. But he did play well against an injured Calvin Johnson, and an inconsistant Mike Wallace, so I guess he qualifies

    Cleveland is also near the top in the league against #1 WR's.

    I believe they're giving up something like 40 yards per game to #1's.

    But don't let that get in the way of your point.

  • I'm curious to know if you play for Denver after Jan 1, are you allowed to smoke weed since it will be legal there on Jan 1?

    @topdawg31 said:

    I'm curious to know if you play for Denver after Jan 1, are you allowed to smoke weed since it will be legal there on Jan 1?

    That´s a question I´ve been thinking about too. I suppose for this season it will still remain the same, but starting next season we´ll have to wait and see how that plays out.

  • I'm curious to know if you play for Denver after Jan 1, are you allowed to smoke weed since it will be legal there on Jan 1?

    @topdawg31 said:

    I'm curious to know if you play for Denver after Jan 1, are you allowed to smoke weed since it will be legal there on Jan 1?

    No, because they are still contractually obliged to stay away from marijuana, regardless if it's legal.

    Unless the wording of the contract is vague, they won't be able to.

  • This goes back to my hypothesis:

    The Browns are LESSER than the sum of their parts.

    They have some really talented players at a lot of positions: Pro Bowlers at LT, C, WR, TE, CB, alternate at SS.

    They also have some good players on the D Line: Taylor/Rubin

    And they have players that should be good at LB: Kruger/Mingo/Sheard.

    But two things: 1. Yes, the position QB is not amongst those mentioned above, and 2. Beyond that, for some reason this team just cannot "congeal". Instead of a cohesive group, this talent seems at odds with itself. I am not sure why, but it is.

    I don't know if it is coaching, of if these guys just can't get along like they should.