Skip to content

Is Tom Brady the greatest of all time?

The Browns Board
47 23 1.4k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Best? No...

    But as Bum Phillips once said about Earl Campbell:

    "He may not be in a class by himself, but it does not take long to call the role."

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I would rather start a franchise with a young Tom Brady than anyone.

    Guys a winner, it's tough to argue with his success.

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #14

    No.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Explain....

    I think he is definitely one of the best, but find it hard to qualify 'best of all time'. Quarterbacks played in different era's, amount of games, less pussy rules then the quarterbacks have now. So I have favorites, but not any I would consider best.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Tom Brady is the greatest of all time. Montana is his only competition. I feel lucky to see him and manning playing in the same era

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I feel like he's great (arm strength accuracy, awareness, etc) but the organization is to be given much credit for keeping the man with a GREAT O-Line year in and year out.

    It all starts up front

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I prefer manning, but it is very close. Everyone talks about Brady's SBs but he hasn't won anything since the league got wise to BBs cheating pattern. I'm not saying Brady doesn't have the skill to win but it's just interesting: cheating=3-0 no cheating=0-2

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I don't know, I think Billy has a lot to do with his success.

    remember the year he went down and Matt Cassel stepped in and was a super star, and now he is a third string behind Ponder and Freeman.

    Not saying Brady is a slub, but if he played for another team, I doubt he would be as successful.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Manning is the best I've ever seen, Brady hasn't passed Montana in my mind yet, but he is certainly in the same neighborhood.

    I'm a stubborn Browns fan though, so ... Otto Graham is the greatest QB ever.

    Zombo

  • I don't know, I think Billy has a lot to do with his success.

    remember the year he went down and Matt Cassel stepped in and was a super star, and now he is a third string behind Ponder and Freeman.

    Not saying Brady is a slub, but if he played for another team, I doubt he would be as successful.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @hx214 said:

    I don't know, I think Billy has a lot to do with his success.

    remember the year he went down and Matt Cassel stepped in and was a super star, and now he is a third string behind Ponder and Freeman.

    Not saying Brady is a slub, but if he played for another team, I doubt he would be as successful.

    So then are we saying the if you picked up brady and BB and dumped them on any other team they'd stand a chance of making the playoffs in 2 years? Because I'm close to thinking that's genuinely the case.

  • @hx214 said:

    I don't know, I think Billy has a lot to do with his success.

    remember the year he went down and Matt Cassel stepped in and was a super star, and now he is a third string behind Ponder and Freeman.

    Not saying Brady is a slub, but if he played for another team, I doubt he would be as successful.

    So then are we saying the if you picked up brady and BB and dumped them on any other team they'd stand a chance of making the playoffs in 2 years? Because I'm close to thinking that's genuinely the case.

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @gftchris said:

    So then are we saying the if you picked up brady and BB and dumped them on any other team they'd stand a chance of making the playoffs in 2 years? Because I'm close to thinking that's genuinely the case.

    Yep, you could say that.

    But I also think you could take BB and he could do it with just about any QB in the league. Not so sure about Brady being able to do it with any other coach. I feel like Manning could do it with any other coach though.

  • Interestingly enough, Patriots were a running team last night against the Colts. Did Brady even throw one touchdown pass last night?

    I guess they figured they'd exploit Colts run defense, or lack thereof. It worked.

    J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by jeffinwv
    #23

    @tml1138 said:

    Interestingly enough, Patriots were a running team last night against the Colts. Did Brady even throw one touchdown pass last night?

    I guess they figured they'd exploit Colts run defense, or lack thereof. It worked.

    But if Brady had to throw to win he would have done that

  • @tml1138 said:

    Interestingly enough, Patriots were a running team last night against the Colts. Did Brady even throw one touchdown pass last night?

    I guess they figured they'd exploit Colts run defense, or lack thereof. It worked.

    But if Brady had to throw to win he would have done that

    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @jeffinwv said:

    But if Brady had to throw to win he would have done that

    I'm sure. I'm only pointing out I found it interesting that they didn't utilize him that way...in a playoff game no less. Another question...I wonder was that BB's idea or Josh McD's?

  • J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by jeffinwv
    #25

    who knows...coulda been the plan was pass..then when they would run and it got a nice gain they said lets just do this till they stop it...If the Browns ever found something that worked I would suggest doing this same thing one day

  • J JMR-JUST-A-GAME wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Yes he is but its definetly not coaching BB didnt do shit for us when he was here

  • who knows...coulda been the plan was pass..then when they would run and it got a nice gain they said lets just do this till they stop it...If the Browns ever found something that worked I would suggest doing this same thing one day

    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @jeffinwv said:

    who knows...coulda been the plan was pass..then when they would run and it got a nice gain they said lets just do this till they stop it...If the Browns ever found something that worked I would suggest doing this same thing one day

    Yes, that's what I assume was most likely too.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Cassell winning so many games with the Pats showed they are a very well built offense whoever is the QB.

    I honestly think he is the most overrated QB in history and certainly isn't anywhere near Manning for me

  • Yes he is but its definetly not coaching BB didnt do shit for us when he was here

    next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @jmr-just-a-game said:

    Yes he is but its definetly not coaching BB didnt do shit for us when he was here

    I'd take BB over all the jokes we've hired since '99.

  • @jmr-just-a-game said:

    Yes he is but its definetly not coaching BB didnt do shit for us when he was here

    I'd take BB over all the jokes we've hired since '99.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @next2nothing said:

    I'd take BB over all the jokes we've hired since '99.

    BB is a complete 0 without Brady...

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Otto Graham is the best QB to ever play the game. I'd take a young Otto Graham over any player in the history of the NFL, Jim Brown, A.P. and Tom Brady included.