Who is the number one player you want in the 2014 draft?
-
Like I've said in multiple threads. If you dont have a QB, youre just spinning tires till you find one. We cant afford to let past QB failures deter us from trying to find one. Every scout in America has three QB's among their top 15-20 players overall. We need to get one, we have to get one. In all likelihood we won't be able to get Winston next year and other than him, none will be any better prospects than what's available this year. Keep swinging.
-
Like I've said in multiple threads. If you dont have a QB, youre just spinning tires till you find one. We cant afford to let past QB failures deter us from trying to find one. Every scout in America has three QB's among their top 15-20 players overall. We need to get one, we have to get one. In all likelihood we won't be able to get Winston next year and other than him, none will be any better prospects than what's available this year. Keep swinging.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Like I've said in multiple threads. If you dont have a QB, youre just spinning tires till you find one. We cant afford to let past QB failures deter us from trying to find one. Every scout in America has three QB's among their top 15-20 players overall. We need to get one, we have to get one. In all likelihood we won't be able to get Winston next year and other than him, none will be any better prospects than what's available this year. Keep swinging.
Winston and Mariota, as well as Hundley make the 2015 class better than this one, probably. But do you tank a season for one of those guys? If they wanted to tank, they'd have kept Chud - no point letting him go if they wanted to tank a season. I think they're all in on a QB this year.
Yes, a QB is necessary - a reasonable one will get you to the playoffs, but no further. See Dalton, Schaub, Cutler and all the rest.
-
-
You can't be gun shy going into the draft. Mistakes will be made, but you have to get what you need. Hoyer did well for the brief time he was healthy, but is still unproven. Regardless of our recent draft history, we still need to get a qb, and odds are it will need to be our first pick. Take Manziel with the first, and if needed, move up 2 spots to assure it. I assume we'll have a coach by then and know what type of schemes we'll be using, so fill the needs with the other picks. If McCarron in there in the 3rd, take him to. Hell , why not.
-
Surprised at the Horton/Turner differences considering how much better defense was over offense this year
-
-
Surprised at the Horton/Turner differences considering how much better defense was over offense this year
Surprised at the Horton/Turner differences considering how much better defense was over offense this year
I'd say defence, like the team in general, got worse over the season. Offence got better, IMHO.
-
Defense was surely better than offense over the season? It would have been even better if it wasn't on the field all the bloody time
-
-
I think Turner did more with what he had than Horton.
-
-
I can't believe everyone is ready to put this much faith in Hoyer....undeserved. I think he'd make a great mentor, and backup, to whoever were gonna draft.
I think he does deserve another shot even though he probably won't get one, they'll throw whatever rookie we get in the game from day one expecting him to play like a pro. The reason for my Hoyer homerism is i think if he starts the first 2 games we would have won them... then he wins the the next 2 games which we seen and that would have made the browns 4-0 when he gets hurt, if he hadn't been hurt he would've been 5-0. And i think he would have won all the close games that Weedone and Campbell lost and had a winning record at the end of the year. Am i the only guy who thinks the whole team played better with him, defense was killer in his games cause they didn't have to be on the field all day, Gordon and Cameron both looked like stars, it just seemed like a different team with him behind the center.XxDaBuckeyexX said:
I can't believe everyone is ready to put this much faith in Hoyer....undeserved. I think he'd make a great mentor, and backup, to whoever were gonna draft.
-
Like I've said in multiple threads. If you dont have a QB, youre just spinning tires till you find one. We cant afford to let past QB failures deter us from trying to find one. Every scout in America has three QB's among their top 15-20 players overall. We need to get one, we have to get one. In all likelihood we won't be able to get Winston next year and other than him, none will be any better prospects than what's available this year. Keep swinging.
Go, Sammy Go...
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Like I've said in multiple threads. If you dont have a QB, youre just spinning tires till you find one. We cant afford to let past QB failures deter us from trying to find one. Every scout in America has three QB's among their top 15-20 players overall. We need to get one, we have to get one. In all likelihood we won't be able to get Winston next year and other than him, none will be any better prospects than what's available this year. Keep swinging.
Have you swung at one yet?
-
I think he does deserve another shot even though he probably won't get one, they'll throw whatever rookie we get in the game from day one expecting him to play like a pro. The reason for my Hoyer homerism is i think if he starts the first 2 games we would have won them... then he wins the the next 2 games which we seen and that would have made the browns 4-0 when he gets hurt, if he hadn't been hurt he would've been 5-0. And i think he would have won all the close games that Weedone and Campbell lost and had a winning record at the end of the year. Am i the only guy who thinks the whole team played better with him, defense was killer in his games cause they didn't have to be on the field all day, Gordon and Cameron both looked like stars, it just seemed like a different team with him behind the center.XxDaBuckeyexX said:
I can't believe everyone is ready to put this much faith in Hoyer....undeserved. I think he'd make a great mentor, and backup, to whoever were gonna draft.
Well thats a lot of thinking and speculation, but the truth is that Campbells first two starts were better than Hoyers. Once these DC's get some tape on ya things get a whole lot more difficult. Im definitely not saying to cut him, but I'd rather go into the season with a highly rated rookie that can learn from Hoyer and battle in training camp with him. If Hoyer is who the 3 teams who cut him thinks he is, then we have the next man up on the roster....If Hoyer shocks the world and plays like an all-pro then we have one helluva trade chip.I think he does deserve another shot even though he probably won't get one, they'll throw whatever rookie we get in the game from day one expecting him to play like a pro. The reason for my Hoyer homerism is i think if he starts the first 2 games we would have won them... then he wins the the next 2 games which we seen and that would have made the browns 4-0 when he gets hurt, if he hadn't been hurt he would've been 5-0 after the chargers game. And i think he would have won all the close games that Weedone and Campbell lost and had a winning record at the end of the year. Am i the only guy who thinks the whole team played better with him, defense was killer in his games cause they didn't have to be on the field all day, Gordon and Cameron both looked like stars, it just seemed like a different team with him behind the center.
-
Go, Sammy Go...
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Like I've said in multiple threads. If you dont have a QB, youre just spinning tires till you find one. We cant afford to let past QB failures deter us from trying to find one. Every scout in America has three QB's among their top 15-20 players overall. We need to get one, we have to get one. In all likelihood we won't be able to get Winston next year and other than him, none will be any better prospects than what's available this year. Keep swinging.
Have you swung at one yet?
-
-
Well thats a lot of thinking and speculation, but the truth is that Campbells first two starts were better than Hoyers. Once these DC's get some tape on ya things get a whole lot more difficult. Im definitely not saying to cut him, but I'd rather go into the season with a highly rated rookie that can learn from Hoyer and battle in training camp with him. If Hoyer is who the 3 teams who cut him thinks he is, then we have the next man up on the roster....If Hoyer shocks the world and plays like an all-pro then we have one helluva trade chip.I think he does deserve another shot even though he probably won't get one, they'll throw whatever rookie we get in the game from day one expecting him to play like a pro. The reason for my Hoyer homerism is i think if he starts the first 2 games we would have won them... then he wins the the next 2 games which we seen and that would have made the browns 4-0 when he gets hurt, if he hadn't been hurt he would've been 5-0 after the chargers game. And i think he would have won all the close games that Weedone and Campbell lost and had a winning record at the end of the year. Am i the only guy who thinks the whole team played better with him, defense was killer in his games cause they didn't have to be on the field all day, Gordon and Cameron both looked like stars, it just seemed like a different team with him behind the center.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Well thats a lot of thinking and speculation, but the truth is that Campbells first two starts were better than Hoyers. Once these DC's get some tape on ya things get a whole lot more difficult. Im definitely not saying to cut him, but I'd rather go into the season with a highly rated rookie that can learn from Hoyer and battle in training camp with him. If Hoyer is who the 3 teams who cut him thinks he is, then we have the next man up on the roster....If Hoyer shocks the world and plays like an all-pro then we have one helluva trade chip.
I disagree bout him having a better 2 starts, for one he was 1-1 and not 2-0 and he just sucks. I can't stand a qb thats scared to throw downfield. How many times do we have to see the browns on a 3rd and 5 and the dumbass qb makes a 1 yard pass and receiver goes down immediately cause he had 3 defenders standing in front of him before the pass was thrown. I mean whats the point of throws like this on a consistant basis, to make his completion % look better? Not to mention Hoyer seemed really accurate and fast compared to what i'm used to seeing. It's almost like he had somehow learned to read a defense and knew the reciever that was gunna be open before the ball was snapped, that thing that Weedone could never learn. I don't care who they pick in the draft, i'm just glad i never have to see Weeden again. If they keep him for a back up i might lose it. Every damn sunday watching that dumbass hold the ball looking clueless, i'd be screaming throw the fuc*ing ball you dumbass and he'd be like beaky buzzard "no no nope no no i aint gunna do it". God i hate Weeden.
-
-
I'd take Watkins over the QB's in this draft.
As much as I'd like to hope that Johnny would come in and light it up, I feel like he is the next RGIII on constant rehab.
I feel like Hoyer has just as good of/ maybe better chance to come in and play solid as any of these rookies would.
Watkins, Gordon, and Cameron plus a solid running game.... I think Hoyer takes the helm with that crew and wins alot of games.
I'd take Watkins over the QB's in this draft.
As much as I'd like to hope that Johnny would come in and light it up, I feel like he is the next RGIII on constant rehab.
I feel like Hoyer has just as good of/ maybe better chance to come in and play solid as any of these rookies would.
Watkins, Gordon, and Cameron plus a solid running game.... I think Hoyer takes the helm with that crew and wins alot of games.
^^BINGO!!!
-
In fairness, if you watch tape hoyer didn't make many wrong reads.
Even the 2 interceptions. If he had a cannon like weeden they may have been completions.
3rd pick he was hit. It happens.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login