Skip to content

Who is the number one player you want in the 2014 draft?

The Browns Board
135 30 3.9k
  • @j0hnnybg00d said:

    I think he does deserve another shot even though he probably won't get one, they'll throw whatever rookie we get in the game from day one expecting him to play like a pro. The reason for my Hoyer homerism is i think if he starts the first 2 games we would have won them... then he wins the the next 2 games which we seen and that would have made the browns 4-0 when he gets hurt, if he hadn't been hurt he would've been 5-0 after the chargers game. And i think he would have won all the close games that Weedone and Campbell lost and had a winning record at the end of the year. Am i the only guy who thinks the whole team played better with him, defense was killer in his games cause they didn't have to be on the field all day, Gordon and Cameron both looked like stars, it just seemed like a different team with him behind the center.

    Well thats a lot of thinking and speculation, but the truth is that Campbells first two starts were better than Hoyers. Once these DC's get some tape on ya things get a whole lot more difficult. Im definitely not saying to cut him, but I'd rather go into the season with a highly rated rookie that can learn from Hoyer and battle in training camp with him. If Hoyer is who the 3 teams who cut him thinks he is, then we have the next man up on the roster....If Hoyer shocks the world and plays like an all-pro then we have one helluva trade chip.
    J J0hnnybg00d wrote on last edited by
    #38

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Well thats a lot of thinking and speculation, but the truth is that Campbells first two starts were better than Hoyers. Once these DC's get some tape on ya things get a whole lot more difficult. Im definitely not saying to cut him, but I'd rather go into the season with a highly rated rookie that can learn from Hoyer and battle in training camp with him. If Hoyer is who the 3 teams who cut him thinks he is, then we have the next man up on the roster....If Hoyer shocks the world and plays like an all-pro then we have one helluva trade chip.

    I disagree bout him having a better 2 starts, for one he was 1-1 and not 2-0 and he just sucks. I can't stand a qb thats scared to throw downfield. How many times do we have to see the browns on a 3rd and 5 and the dumbass qb makes a 1 yard pass and receiver goes down immediately cause he had 3 defenders standing in front of him before the pass was thrown. I mean whats the point of throws like this on a consistant basis, to make his completion % look better? Not to mention Hoyer seemed really accurate and fast compared to what i'm used to seeing. It's almost like he had somehow learned to read a defense and knew the reciever that was gunna be open before the ball was snapped, that thing that Weedone could never learn. I don't care who they pick in the draft, i'm just glad i never have to see Weeden again. If they keep him for a back up i might lose it. Every damn sunday watching that dumbass hold the ball looking clueless, i'd be screaming throw the fuc*ing ball you dumbass and he'd be like beaky buzzard "no no nope no no i aint gunna do it". God i hate Weeden.

  • LOL.. Seriously, for the record, which QB do you want?

    J J0hnnybg00d wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @tour2ma said:

    LOL.. Seriously, for the record, which QB do you want?

    lol Hoyer or whoever is gunna give the browns a winning record.

  • I'd take Watkins over the QB's in this draft.

    As much as I'd like to hope that Johnny would come in and light it up, I feel like he is the next RGIII on constant rehab.

    I feel like Hoyer has just as good of/ maybe better chance to come in and play solid as any of these rookies would.

    Watkins, Gordon, and Cameron plus a solid running game.... I think Hoyer takes the helm with that crew and wins alot of games.

    slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @hx214 said:

    I'd take Watkins over the QB's in this draft.

    As much as I'd like to hope that Johnny would come in and light it up, I feel like he is the next RGIII on constant rehab.

    I feel like Hoyer has just as good of/ maybe better chance to come in and play solid as any of these rookies would.

    Watkins, Gordon, and Cameron plus a solid running game.... I think Hoyer takes the helm with that crew and wins alot of games.

    ^^BINGO!!!

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #41

    In fairness, if you watch tape hoyer didn't make many wrong reads.

    Even the 2 interceptions. If he had a cannon like weeden they may have been completions.

    3rd pick he was hit. It happens.

  • J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by
    #42

    you cant win without a QB.We seem to forget about the second first round pick..if we need a RB get the best one available at 26. Like I said earlier get Manziel and get the best offensive player available to hlp him with the 26th...

    That s trying to win.. do not pick a WR that may not even be a good pro to help a hopefully high drafted QB next year that may not even be a good pro! lol

    We all keep saying theyd be lucky to draft one great player and people wanna try to draft a WR and hopefully {I guess} lose every game next year with this {great} WR and hopefully get a QB that is great

    jeesh

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #43

    I can't believe so many of you are going to sleep on Derek Carr.

    Wow, the guy has thrown for over 4000 yards, 37 TDs to 7 ints. That was in 2012. This last season he threw for over 5000 yards! 50 motherfucking TDs to just 8 ints. That combined is over 9000 Yards, almost 90 TDs to just 15 ints!

    That is pretty impressive. He's the best since Sam Bradford threw 50 back in 2008. Bradford went #1 if I remember correctly.

    I look at it this way. Peyton Manning is amazing, Eli, well.... David Carr is a supposed bust, but then again, he was the number 1 overall draft pick to an expansion team, the Houston Texans. Much like Tim Couch was our expansion QB that supposedly busted. Anyway, what are the odds that Derek will be as bad as his brother and also be a bust. I like the odds in favor of Derek Carr being a success.

    He will be a great QB, he has a passion for the game, and his teammates feed off of that. He's charismatic and humble. He CAN make all the throws that any you would want a QB to make. He is 6'3 and 218 pounds, runs a 4.6 40 yard dash and will go airborn to score the TD.

    Some may want Bridgewater, Manziel or Broyles... eh, give me Watkins and a trade up to grab Carr before another team and then finish the sweep by taking Hyde off the market and we've got ourselves a squad. Hoyer starts, Carr learns the rope and the speed of the game, this is the perfect scenario.

    Keep in mind that Hoyer, while we all have high hopes for the guy is quickly approaching 30 years old and he's yet to do anything special. Carr is a very young and hungry up-n-comer and I believe he will be great in the NFL.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Well thats a lot of thinking and speculation, but the truth is that Campbells first two starts were better than Hoyers. Once these DC's get some tape on ya things get a whole lot more difficult. Im definitely not saying to cut him, but I'd rather go into the season with a highly rated rookie that can learn from Hoyer and battle in training camp with him. If Hoyer is who the 3 teams who cut him thinks he is, then we have the next man up on the roster....If Hoyer shocks the world and plays like an all-pro then we have one helluva trade chip.

    I disagree bout him having a better 2 starts, for one he was 1-1 and not 2-0 and he just sucks. I can't stand a qb thats scared to throw downfield. How many times do we have to see the browns on a 3rd and 5 and the dumbass qb makes a 1 yard pass and receiver goes down immediately cause he had 3 defenders standing in front of him before the pass was thrown. I mean whats the point of throws like this on a consistant basis, to make his completion % look better? Not to mention Hoyer seemed really accurate and fast compared to what i'm used to seeing. It's almost like he had somehow learned to read a defense and knew the reciever that was gunna be open before the ball was snapped, that thing that Weedone could never learn. I don't care who they pick in the draft, i'm just glad i never have to see Weeden again. If they keep him for a back up i might lose it. Every damn sunday watching that dumbass hold the ball looking clueless, i'd be screaming throw the fuc*ing ball you dumbass and he'd be like beaky buzzard "no no nope no no i aint gunna do it". God i hate Weeden.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @j0hnnybg00d said:

    I disagree bout (Campbell) having a better 2 starts (than Hoyer), for one he was 1-1 and not 2-0 and he just sucks.

    I too like Hoyer better, but based on Passer Rating the statement was true... Campbell's first two starts were better and they were against tougher competition. Also Campbell's YPA was higher...

    Campbell is a manager, "first, do no harm type", and given the way our D played thru mid-year that was exactly what we needed. Issue with him was once the D's performance started to roll off in the 2nd half, he did not seem to have another "gear". Whereas Hoyer left us (or at least me) feeling like he did have another gear.

    Hey... at least we agree on Wheezy...

    @bbedward said:

    In fairness, if you watch tape hoyer didn't make many wrong reads.

    Even the 2 interceptions. If he had a cannon like weeden they may have been completions.

    3rd pick he was hit. It happens.

    As I recall, in Hoyer's first 2 picks, he just failed to account for the LB underneath the route.

    But it was his audition... his long-awaited chance... I'd be shocked if he hadn't thrown up butterflies twice that morning. Love the way he both settled down late in that game and looked poised in his next two starts...

  • I can't believe so many of you are going to sleep on Derek Carr.

    Wow, the guy has thrown for over 4000 yards, 37 TDs to 7 ints. That was in 2012. This last season he threw for over 5000 yards! 50 motherfucking TDs to just 8 ints. That combined is over 9000 Yards, almost 90 TDs to just 15 ints!

    That is pretty impressive. He's the best since Sam Bradford threw 50 back in 2008. Bradford went #1 if I remember correctly.

    I look at it this way. Peyton Manning is amazing, Eli, well.... David Carr is a supposed bust, but then again, he was the number 1 overall draft pick to an expansion team, the Houston Texans. Much like Tim Couch was our expansion QB that supposedly busted. Anyway, what are the odds that Derek will be as bad as his brother and also be a bust. I like the odds in favor of Derek Carr being a success.

    He will be a great QB, he has a passion for the game, and his teammates feed off of that. He's charismatic and humble. He CAN make all the throws that any you would want a QB to make. He is 6'3 and 218 pounds, runs a 4.6 40 yard dash and will go airborn to score the TD.

    Some may want Bridgewater, Manziel or Broyles... eh, give me Watkins and a trade up to grab Carr before another team and then finish the sweep by taking Hyde off the market and we've got ourselves a squad. Hoyer starts, Carr learns the rope and the speed of the game, this is the perfect scenario.

    Keep in mind that Hoyer, while we all have high hopes for the guy is quickly approaching 30 years old and he's yet to do anything special. Carr is a very young and hungry up-n-comer and I believe he will be great in the NFL.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @poeticg said:

    I can't believe so many of you are going to sleep on Derek Carr.

    Maybe he should have been nearer the top of the list...

    You know... alphabetical order or such... 🙂

  • I can't believe so many of you are going to sleep on Derek Carr.

    Wow, the guy has thrown for over 4000 yards, 37 TDs to 7 ints. That was in 2012. This last season he threw for over 5000 yards! 50 motherfucking TDs to just 8 ints. That combined is over 9000 Yards, almost 90 TDs to just 15 ints!

    That is pretty impressive. He's the best since Sam Bradford threw 50 back in 2008. Bradford went #1 if I remember correctly.

    I look at it this way. Peyton Manning is amazing, Eli, well.... David Carr is a supposed bust, but then again, he was the number 1 overall draft pick to an expansion team, the Houston Texans. Much like Tim Couch was our expansion QB that supposedly busted. Anyway, what are the odds that Derek will be as bad as his brother and also be a bust. I like the odds in favor of Derek Carr being a success.

    He will be a great QB, he has a passion for the game, and his teammates feed off of that. He's charismatic and humble. He CAN make all the throws that any you would want a QB to make. He is 6'3 and 218 pounds, runs a 4.6 40 yard dash and will go airborn to score the TD.

    Some may want Bridgewater, Manziel or Broyles... eh, give me Watkins and a trade up to grab Carr before another team and then finish the sweep by taking Hyde off the market and we've got ourselves a squad. Hoyer starts, Carr learns the rope and the speed of the game, this is the perfect scenario.

    Keep in mind that Hoyer, while we all have high hopes for the guy is quickly approaching 30 years old and he's yet to do anything special. Carr is a very young and hungry up-n-comer and I believe he will be great in the NFL.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @poeticg said:

    I can't believe so many of you are going to sleep on Derek Carr.

    Wait... you're surprised no one is choosing the guy even you aren't choosing as your #1 pick???

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #47

    I did choose Carr as my number 1.

    I think that as long as there is this stigma that Derek Carr = David Carr we might be able to capitalize on that and land Carr, Watkins and Hyde.

    Imagine if you will: Derek Carr lined up behind our O-Line, with Gordon and Watkins split wide with Benjamin in the slot. Jordan Cameron as the TE and Hyde in the backfield. It would work.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #48

    ... and you are truly predictable. I already knew before coming back in here that you would have some stupid comment. Some dumb "factoid" you couldn't wait to spew out and proclaim how superior you are... give me a fucking break. You don't know anything, all the QBs threw screen passes, so what he threw a few more than the rest, so does Joe Flacco faggot.

  • LOL.. Seriously, for the record, which QB do you want?

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @tour2ma said:

    LOL.. Seriously, for the record, which QB do you want?

    Im not ready for that just yet. Right now Im on the Manziel train but its close between all the top 3.
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Well, let's see. Colt is about to be in a conference championship and the primary backup to a scrambling QB, that speaks for itself. I'm just waiting for Collin K to go down so I can feed your ass raw crow.

    And as far as I'm concerned, as for TR, nothing has changed for me. The trade of Richardson was a joke and a big reason for us going 5-11. I don't care what anybody says. The offseason will be huge for Trent to get his bearings in Indy. He'll be fine. Had he still been in Cleveland he'd probably be going with Haden and Gordon to a probowl.

    Nobody cared or gave a fuck about your 'opinion' about Trent after his Rookie year. Cleveland loved Trent, by the way, that's a fact. Maybe if your ass knew anything you would know when to shut the fuck up. There were a lot of angry people about Trent being traded. So stick it up your ass you greater-than-thou, know-it-all, "my opinion is fact" pompous jackass.





    After Trent's rookie year where the fuck were you? Oh that's right, hanging from his nutsack.

  • I can't believe so many of you are going to sleep on Derek Carr.

    Wow, the guy has thrown for over 4000 yards, 37 TDs to 7 ints. That was in 2012. This last season he threw for over 5000 yards! 50 motherfucking TDs to just 8 ints. That combined is over 9000 Yards, almost 90 TDs to just 15 ints!

    That is pretty impressive. He's the best since Sam Bradford threw 50 back in 2008. Bradford went #1 if I remember correctly.

    I look at it this way. Peyton Manning is amazing, Eli, well.... David Carr is a supposed bust, but then again, he was the number 1 overall draft pick to an expansion team, the Houston Texans. Much like Tim Couch was our expansion QB that supposedly busted. Anyway, what are the odds that Derek will be as bad as his brother and also be a bust. I like the odds in favor of Derek Carr being a success.

    He will be a great QB, he has a passion for the game, and his teammates feed off of that. He's charismatic and humble. He CAN make all the throws that any you would want a QB to make. He is 6'3 and 218 pounds, runs a 4.6 40 yard dash and will go airborn to score the TD.

    Some may want Bridgewater, Manziel or Broyles... eh, give me Watkins and a trade up to grab Carr before another team and then finish the sweep by taking Hyde off the market and we've got ourselves a squad. Hoyer starts, Carr learns the rope and the speed of the game, this is the perfect scenario.

    Keep in mind that Hoyer, while we all have high hopes for the guy is quickly approaching 30 years old and he's yet to do anything special. Carr is a very young and hungry up-n-comer and I believe he will be great in the NFL.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @poeticg said:

    I can't believe so many of you are going to sleep on Derek Carr.

    Wow, the guy has thrown for over 4000 yards, 37 TDs to 7 ints. That was in 2012. This last season he threw for over 5000 yards! 50 motherfucking TDs to just 8 ints. That combined is over 9000 Yards, almost 90 TDs to just 15 ints!

    That is pretty impressive. He's the best since Sam Bradford threw 50 back in 2008. Bradford went #1 if I remember correctly.

    I look at it this way. Peyton Manning is amazing, Eli, well.... David Carr is a supposed bust, but then again, he was the number 1 overall draft pick to an expansion team, the Houston Texans. Much like Tim Couch was our expansion QB that supposedly busted. Anyway, what are the odds that Derek will be as bad as his brother and also be a bust. I like the odds in favor of Derek Carr being a success.

    He will be a great QB, he has a passion for the game, and his teammates feed off of that. He's charismatic and humble. He CAN make all the throws that any you would want a QB to make. He is 6'3 and 218 pounds, runs a 4.6 40 yard dash and will go airborn to score the TD.

    Some may want Bridgewater, Manziel or Broyles... eh, give me Watkins and a trade up to grab Carr before another team and then finish the sweep by taking Hyde off the market and we've got ourselves a squad. Hoyer starts, Carr learns the rope and the speed of the game, this is the perfect scenario.

    Keep in mind that Hoyer, while we all have high hopes for the guy is quickly approaching 30 years old and he's yet to do anything special. Carr is a very young and hungry up-n-comer and I believe he will be great in the NFL.

    I don't think the rams are that happy with Sam Bradford. Some might call him a bust so far.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #52

    I was just comparing, fuck Bradford. Colt McCoy is a better QB by far. I wanted us to draft Colt when everybody was clamoring over Bradfraud pre-combine/draft.

    Colt should have been given more time, as should Mangini, as should Trent, as should Chud, as should........fuck it.

    Like who you like and I'll continue to like who I like. I see the clouds parting over Derek Carr, it's that simple.

  • Well, let's see. Colt is about to be in a conference championship and the primary backup to a scrambling QB, that speaks for itself. I'm just waiting for Collin K to go down so I can feed your ass raw crow.

    And as far as I'm concerned, as for TR, nothing has changed for me. The trade of Richardson was a joke and a big reason for us going 5-11. I don't care what anybody says. The offseason will be huge for Trent to get his bearings in Indy. He'll be fine. Had he still been in Cleveland he'd probably be going with Haden and Gordon to a probowl.

    Nobody cared or gave a fuck about your 'opinion' about Trent after his Rookie year. Cleveland loved Trent, by the way, that's a fact. Maybe if your ass knew anything you would know when to shut the fuck up. There were a lot of angry people about Trent being traded. So stick it up your ass you greater-than-thou, know-it-all, "my opinion is fact" pompous jackass.





    After Trent's rookie year where the fuck were you? Oh that's right, hanging from his nutsack.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @poeticg said:

    The offseason will be huge for Trent to get his bearings in Indy. He'll be fine. Had he still been in Cleveland he'd probably be going with Haden and Gordon to a probowl.

    You are truly delusional. He gained 105 yards in two games for the Browns this season which means he would've been around 850 for the season had he stayed. Hardly pro bowl numbers for a running back.

    How long will it take Trent to "get his bearings" in Indy??? He played 16 fucking games for them this year. You realize that's equal to an entire football season right? You also realize that he got WORSE as the season went on. 25 yards the last week of the season and a Pro Bowl/Hall of Fame like 4 carries for 1 yard in the playoffs.

    So again...if you who think that Colt McCoy and Trent Richardson are star players in this league are backing David Carr, I can't be any more out on the guy because you know absolutely nothing about football.

  • I was just comparing, fuck Bradford. Colt McCoy is a better QB by far. I wanted us to draft Colt when everybody was clamoring over Bradfraud pre-combine/draft.

    Colt should have been given more time, as should Mangini, as should Trent, as should Chud, as should........fuck it.

    Like who you like and I'll continue to like who I like. I see the clouds parting over Derek Carr, it's that simple.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @poeticg said:

    I was just comparing, fuck Bradford. Colt McCoy is a better QB by far. I wanted us to draft Colt when everybody was clamoring over Bradfraud pre-combine/draft.

    There isn't one person who works in an NFL front office who agrees with you. If Bradford was offered in a trade tomorrow there would be half a dozen teams AT LEAST getting in line to trade for him. Colt was offered to the whole damn league and we managed a 6th round pick for him.

    I'd trade Hoyer/Weeden and Campbell all to the Rams if they want to send us Bradford.

  • What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @jeffinwv said:

    What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

  • @jeffinwv said:

    What I don't understand is how the biggest vote getter is a WR!WTF! They need a QB...remember?

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @jcam222 said:

    More importantly than needing a QB is not over reaching for one. I suppose I am in the minority but to me if you put Gordon, Watkins and Cameron on the field for Hoyer to throw to I am happy. Put someone like Mettlenberger on the bench to learn behind him.

    Or what about Aaron Murray from Georgia in the late rounds?

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Like I've said in multiple threads. If you dont have a QB, youre just spinning tires till you find one. We cant afford to let past QB failures deter us from trying to find one. Every scout in America has three QB's among their top 15-20 players overall. We need to get one, we have to get one. In all likelihood we won't be able to get Winston next year and other than him, none will be any better prospects than what's available this year. Keep swinging.

    Winston and Mariota, as well as Hundley make the 2015 class better than this one, probably. But do you tank a season for one of those guys? If they wanted to tank, they'd have kept Chud - no point letting him go if they wanted to tank a season. I think they're all in on a QB this year.

    Yes, a QB is necessary - a reasonable one will get you to the playoffs, but no further. See Dalton, Schaub, Cutler and all the rest.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @gftchris said:

    Winston and Mariota, as well as Hundley make the 2015 class better than this one, probably. But do you tank a season for one of those guys? If they wanted to tank, they'd have kept Chud - no point letting him go if they wanted to tank a season. I think they're all in on a QB this year.

    Yes, a QB is necessary - a reasonable one will get you to the playoffs, but no further. See Dalton, Schaub, Cutler and all the rest.

    thank you. thank you. thank you.

    a guy raised on soccer knows more that half our fan base.