So is it time for concern?
-
It was time for concern when the NFL gave us a year and a half to field an NFL team.
This is Defcon5.
Zombo
Zombo said:
It was time for concern when the NFL gave us a year and a half to field an NFL team.
This is Defcon5.
Zombo
Well, considering the (apparent) options 1A and 1b are coaching in the Super Bowl, Haslam better land one of them, or ^+1 Mr. Zombo. Nice D Seattle, first time I've really watched you this year. 'Hawks should be early favorites.
-
So lets see what fucking happens.
-
Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy their way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.
Sure, that's why Haslam is sinking $60 million of his own money into stadium upgrades, so he can move the team to LA. Kindly get real. Even for a billionaire, that's not exactly chump change.
One thing we may need to remember. Haslam is an inexperienced NFL good ole boy owner who relied on help from the league to secure a front office. If a business executive isn't getting results , he's not going to hang around more than a year. (I'm grasping at anything I can to help justify the situation we're in even if I don't really believe it)
The red is better phrased. And I think you're in a large part right. This is Holmgren part 2. Haslam liked Banner, and then Bummer brings in all his old pals to work for him.
Sure, that's why Haslam is sinking $60 million of his own money into stadium upgrades, so he can move the team to LA. Kindly get real. Even for a billionaire, that's not exactly chump change.
The red is better phrased. And I think you're in a large part right. This is Holmgren part 2. Haslam liked Banner, and then Bummer brings in all his old pals to work for him.
Jimmy spent all of his money buying the browns..is it "his" money...or an extension of the sin tax thats gonna pay for it (renovations)..trust Me...this team is gearing up for a move if things dont shape up very soon.
-
It's about that time where you start to scout prospects and what not.
I think the coach should be actively involved in this process, so hopefully we get one soon.
-
It's about that time where you start to scout prospects and what not.
I think the coach should be actively involved in this process, so hopefully we get one soon.
-
Sure, that's why Haslam is sinking $60 million of his own money into stadium upgrades, so he can move the team to LA. Kindly get real. Even for a billionaire, that's not exactly chump change.
The red is better phrased. And I think you're in a large part right. This is Holmgren part 2. Haslam liked Banner, and then Bummer brings in all his old pals to work for him.
Jimmy spent all of his money buying the browns..is it "his" money...or an extension of the sin tax thats gonna pay for it (renovations)..trust Me...this team is gearing up for a move if things dont shape up very soon.
Jimmy spent all of his money buying the browns..is it "his" money...or an extension of the sin tax thats gonna pay for it (renovations)..trust Me...this team is gearing up for a move if things dont shape up very soon.
Go- look up who's paying for what- (it's not that hard) I'm not going to bother with your misguided fantasy anymore.
-
Nope. Not time for concern. The sky isn't falling.
The time to get concerned is if we offer jobs and get turned down.
Calm down folks. We will have a head coach and won't have any problem filling the staff with qualified coaches. You guys are acting like the new HC was going to keep all of the bums who filled the last staff.
I wouldn't want them...they coached our players to 4 wins.
That sucks in anybodys book.
Wow, really?? "Not time for concern"? I hope I'm not around when it finally is "time for concern" in your eyes.
Wow, really?? "Not time for concern"? I hope I'm not around when it finally is "time for concern" in your eyes.
We are doing exactly what Haslam said we would. He clearly said this could go past the SuperBowl. Had he said we would have a coach in a week we were now here, yep, I would be concerned.
I get that some of you like Chud, and the firing caught me off guard as well, but facts are facts. Chud couldn't win as many games as the meek Pat Shurmer could, with a better roster and a weaker schedule.
Fuck Chud.
-
I prefer to not blame Chud for the Bess trade or the tough season. The Browns looked pretty terrific to me when Hoyer
was starting.
The coaches justifiably went with the idea that everybody had a new start with them.
Weedone failed. Hoyer took off and got hurt.
After that, Campbell tried not to fail, Richardson was traded (not complaining about THAT one!), a few
other injuries occured, like Dion Lewis. After that, it was the offense struggling, and the defense constantly
getting worn out.
Fook this Browns front office for the knee jerk reaction. I suppose they will keep firing hc's until they accidently?
draft well enough to have the right talent in place for a coach to win.
-
I was concerned until I heard john madden on radio said browns could be in catbird seat. get the pick of the best teams as their coach. so maybe we only need to wait and see
-
Yep, Jimmy has done, or more accurately let someone else do, what even Art Modell couldn't do to me. Suck the brown and orange right out of me. I almost don't care anymore and that sucks.
Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy theyre way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.
Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy theyre way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.
Good! I say send this clusterfuck organization posing as the Cleveland Browns to Los Angeles, and COMPLETELY hit the damn reset button! Hey why not? If we're gonna keep blowing it up, why not do it right, and start completely over again with a whole new Cleveland Browns team? As it stands this current organization is an embarrassment and has made a complete mockery of a great football tradition!
Let's lobby the NFL! Though we do get to keep Haden, Mack, Thomas, Ward, Gordon, and Hoyer. The rest can go! -
Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy theyre way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.
Good! I say send this clusterfuck organization posing as the Cleveland Browns to Los Angeles, and COMPLETELY hit the damn reset button! Hey why not? If we're gonna keep blowing it up, why not do it right, and start completely over again with a whole new Cleveland Browns team? As it stands this current organization is an embarrassment and has made a complete mockery of a great football tradition!
Let's lobby the NFL! Though we do get to keep Haden, Mack, Thomas, Ward, Gordon, and Hoyer. The rest can go!Good! I say send this clusterfuck organization posing as the Cleveland Browns to Los Angeles, and COMPLETELY hit the damn reset button! Hey why not? If we're gonna keep blowing it up, why not do it right, and start completely over again with a whole new Cleveland Browns team? As it stands this current organization is an embarrassment and has made a complete mockery of a great football tradition!
Let's lobby the NFL! Though we do get to keep Haden, Mack, Thomas, Ward, Gordon, and Hoyer. The rest can go!There won't be a reset button on any future move. (I'm assuming this wasn't supposed to be pink font).
-
Good! I say send this clusterfuck organization posing as the Cleveland Browns to Los Angeles, and COMPLETELY hit the damn reset button! Hey why not? If we're gonna keep blowing it up, why not do it right, and start completely over again with a whole new Cleveland Browns team? As it stands this current organization is an embarrassment and has made a complete mockery of a great football tradition!
Let's lobby the NFL! Though we do get to keep Haden, Mack, Thomas, Ward, Gordon, and Hoyer. The rest can go!There won't be a reset button on any future move. (I'm assuming this wasn't supposed to be pink font).
-
Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy theyre way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.
Good! I say send this clusterfuck organization posing as the Cleveland Browns to Los Angeles, and COMPLETELY hit the damn reset button! Hey why not? If we're gonna keep blowing it up, why not do it right, and start completely over again with a whole new Cleveland Browns team? As it stands this current organization is an embarrassment and has made a complete mockery of a great football tradition!
Let's lobby the NFL! Though we do get to keep Haden, Mack, Thomas, Ward, Gordon, and Hoyer. The rest can go!Good! I say send this clusterfuck organization posing as the Cleveland Browns to Los Angeles, and COMPLETELY hit the damn reset button! Hey why not? If we're gonna keep blowing it up, why not do it right, and start completely over again with a whole new Cleveland Browns team? As it stands this current organization is an embarrassment and has made a complete mockery of a great football tradition!
Let's lobby the NFL! Though we do get to keep Haden, Mack, Thomas, Ward, Gordon, and Hoyer. The rest can go!Sorry you won't be able to cherry-pick who stays and who goes. For those who think otherwise it's a damn fact Haslam is sinking $60 million of his own money into stadium improvements (though it's a low interest loan from the NFL) Sin tax extension will pay for the rest. You can also bet in exchange for ponying up the cash, the City of Cleveland is going to demand an extension on the lease.
If some of you want to dream a fairly smart businessman like Jimmy would sink that much of his own money into First Energy only to uproot the team, well, you must be smoking the good stuff you got on a road trip to Colorado.
-
Good! I say send this clusterfuck organization posing as the Cleveland Browns to Los Angeles, and COMPLETELY hit the damn reset button! Hey why not? If we're gonna keep blowing it up, why not do it right, and start completely over again with a whole new Cleveland Browns team? As it stands this current organization is an embarrassment and has made a complete mockery of a great football tradition!
Let's lobby the NFL! Though we do get to keep Haden, Mack, Thomas, Ward, Gordon, and Hoyer. The rest can go!Sorry you won't be able to cherry-pick who stays and who goes. For those who think otherwise it's a damn fact Haslam is sinking $60 million of his own money into stadium improvements (though it's a low interest loan from the NFL) Sin tax extension will pay for the rest. You can also bet in exchange for ponying up the cash, the City of Cleveland is going to demand an extension on the lease.
If some of you want to dream a fairly smart businessman like Jimmy would sink that much of his own money into First Energy only to uproot the team, well, you must be smoking the good stuff you got on a road trip to Colorado.
Sorry you won't be able to cherry-pick who stays and who goes. For those who think otherwise it's a damn fact Haslam is sinking $60 million of his own money into stadium improvements (though it's a low interest loan from the NFL) Sin tax extension will pay for the rest. You can also bet in exchange for ponying up the cash, the City of Cleveland is going to demand an extension on the lease.
If some of you want to dream a fairly smart businessman like Jimmy would sink that much of his own money into First Energy only to uproot the team, well, you must be smoking the good stuff you got on a road trip to Colorado.
Shhhh. You aren't allowed to post logic on this forum.
-
I was convinced Gase was the man, but now he isn't, something is seriously wrong.
-
I was convinced Gase was the man, but now he isn't, something is seriously wrong.
I was convinced Gase was the man, but now he isn't, something is seriously wrong.
LOL, you just figured that out? No insult intended.

It started with firing Chud- probably the worst coaching firing since Modell let Marty walk, or the Paul Brown firing. LOL, you want to talk about a track record, look at who he let go- Brown, Marty and Bellchick. One is in the HOF, Bill is a mortal lock when he hangs 'em up, and Marty is a near miss- he only needed a SB win to join the club.
The Browns FO is now officially up shit creek without a paddle. Should (last chance) Quinn turn them down, they're going to have zero credibility with the fans, and as others have suggested at that point Haslam's best move would be to totally clean house and send Banner and Lombardi out the door too.
-
I have read over and over about how the Browns are stupid and how they are making a terrible mistake and how they don't have a clue as to what they are doing. I don't see it that way. While Lombardi can't leave fast enough for me, they way this is panning out seems to be exactly what Jimmy sad it would be. He clearly stated that it could take a long time to make a hire and that he knew the fans would not be too happy. And I know that firing Chud was not the popular choice. But I commend the FO for making a decision and standing by it. Yes, I do hope they make the right choice, but that is clearly what they are trying to do! Did you want them to hire the first person they talked to? I sure as hell didn't.
As pointed out previously, Mora Jr. Only got 1 year in Seattle. That turned out alright! And how many people were in support of Tomlin getting the job in shitsburg? Not many. Again, that didn't turn out bad (well...for them at least). I really don't care who their first choice was, or how many people they interview. I just don't want them to make a quick decision like last year just because it is perceived by the fans that we have to have a coach immediately. Jimmy and Joe, take your time and get it right. We, the fans, will have your back. Just give this new team a shot to succeed. If you blow it up again this time next year, all bets are off!
-
I have read over and over about how the Browns are stupid and how they are making a terrible mistake and how they don't have a clue as to what they are doing. I don't see it that way. While Lombardi can't leave fast enough for me, they way this is panning out seems to be exactly what Jimmy sad it would be. He clearly stated that it could take a long time to make a hire and that he knew the fans would not be too happy. And I know that firing Chud was not the popular choice. But I commend the FO for making a decision and standing by it. Yes, I do hope they make the right choice, but that is clearly what they are trying to do! Did you want them to hire the first person they talked to? I sure as hell didn't.
As pointed out previously, Mora Jr. Only got 1 year in Seattle. That turned out alright! And how many people were in support of Tomlin getting the job in shitsburg? Not many. Again, that didn't turn out bad (well...for them at least). I really don't care who their first choice was, or how many people they interview. I just don't want them to make a quick decision like last year just because it is perceived by the fans that we have to have a coach immediately. Jimmy and Joe, take your time and get it right. We, the fans, will have your back. Just give this new team a shot to succeed. If you blow it up again this time next year, all bets are off!
I have read over and over about how the Browns are stupid and how they are making a terrible mistake and how they don't have a clue as to what they are doing. I don't see it that way. While Lombardi can't leave fast enough for me, they way this is panning out seems to be exactly what Jimmy sad it would be. He clearly stated that it could take a long time to make a hire and that he knew the fans would not be too happy. And I know that firing Chud was not the popular choice. But I commend the FO for making a decision and standing by it. Yes, I do hope they make the right choice, but that is clearly what they are trying to do! Did you want them to hire the first person they talked to? I sure as hell didn't.
As pointed out previously, Mora Jr. Only got 1 year in Seattle. That turned out alright! And how many people were in support of Tomlin getting the job in shitsburg? Not many. Again, that didn't turn out bad (well...for them at least). I really don't care who their first choice was, or how many people they interview. I just don't want them to make a quick decision like last year just because it is perceived by the fans that we have to have a coach immediately. Jimmy and Joe, take your time and get it right. We, the fans, will have your back. Just give this new team a shot to succeed. If you blow it up again this time next year, all bets are off!
You really believe they planned on NOT landing McDaniels or Gase? I think that is between overly optimistic and naive. Jimmy realizes the fans are onto that and that is why he issued his very thinly veiled damage control apology to the fans. If you think at this point they are not settling for people who were not on their shortlist you are drinking the koolaid for sure.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login