Skip to content

"Can't Miss" Players in 2014 NFL Draft

The Browns Board
41 15 1.6k
  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #31

    if your definition of bust doesn't include injury then I'd place Bridgewater in the "can't miss" category. The kid is by far the most pro-ready and has the accuracy and the brain to do big things in the league. The only concern, and it isn't a big one, is that he doesn't have the frame to hold up in the NFL.

  • if your definition of bust doesn't include injury then I'd place Bridgewater in the "can't miss" category. The kid is by far the most pro-ready and has the accuracy and the brain to do big things in the league. The only concern, and it isn't a big one, is that he doesn't have the frame to hold up in the NFL.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @roycerolls said:

    if your definition of bust doesn't include injury then I'd place Bridgewater in the "can't miss" category. The kid is by far the most pro-ready and has the accuracy and the brain to do big things in the league. The only concern, and it isn't a big one, is that he doesn't have the frame to hold up in the NFL.

    They have meds errrrr ummm I mean nutrition and conditioning to fix that

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree on the 4-3... but do not see Bryant in any DT rotation. I see Taylor/ Rubin/ Winn/ Hughes...

    If you think DQ is your MLB (I do not), then draft Barr at #4 and set your LB corps Mingo-Jackson-Barr. I'd move DQ back outside, and snag Borland in the 3rd for my MLB... Mingo-Borland-Jackson.

    Desmond Bryant was our most disruptive D-lineman last year before he got hurt, and one of our highest paid... why would you not see him in the rotation?

    Also, DQJ never played OLB... and he was much more effective in his 2 seasons in the 4-3 than he ever was in his career... I'd add a player behind him to groom, but he is more than capable of starting at ILB with 4 linemen in front of him... he shrinks when there are only 3...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @thenew23 said:

    Desmond Bryant was our most disruptive D-lineman last year before he got hurt, and one of our highest paid... why would you not see him in the rotation?

    Also, DQJ never played OLB... and he was much more effective in his 2 seasons in the 4-3 than he ever was in his career... I'd add a player behind him to groom, but he is more than capable of starting at ILB with 4 linemen in front of him... he shrinks when there are only 3...

    Bryant was a DE in our 3-4. I do not see him having the same disruptive success at DT in a 4-3.

    My bad on DQ... ILB/ MLB since 2006. I have always felt he was miscast inside.

  • @thenew23 said:

    Desmond Bryant was our most disruptive D-lineman last year before he got hurt, and one of our highest paid... why would you not see him in the rotation?

    Also, DQJ never played OLB... and he was much more effective in his 2 seasons in the 4-3 than he ever was in his career... I'd add a player behind him to groom, but he is more than capable of starting at ILB with 4 linemen in front of him... he shrinks when there are only 3...

    Bryant was a DE in our 3-4. I do not see him having the same disruptive success at DT in a 4-3.

    My bad on DQ... ILB/ MLB since 2006. I have always felt he was miscast inside.

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @tour2ma said:

    Bryant was a DE in our 3-4. I do not see him having the same disruptive success at DT in a 4-3.

    In 2012, Bryant was DT in a 4-3 at Oakland.

    2012 - 16 games played - 36 total tackles (26 solo), 4 sacks, 6 TFL, 1 pass deflected, 1 kick block, and 1 FF

    2013 - 12 games played - 31 total tackles (11 solo), 3.5 sacks, and 2 TFL

    Seems just as disruptive when playing in a 4-3...

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @MaryKayCabot: #Browns OC Shanahan on drafting a quarterback: "you don't need a certain type of QB, you need the best one.''

  • @MaryKayCabot: #Browns OC Shanahan on drafting a quarterback: "you don't need a certain type of QB, you need the best one.''

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    @MaryKayCabot: #Browns OC Shanahan on drafting a quarterback: "you don't need a certain type of QB, you need the best one.''

    oh great it's that fucking easy. How comes no one has ever Thought of that. And how do we get Tom Brady for that fact.
  • @MaryKayCabot: #Browns OC Shanahan on drafting a quarterback: "you don't need a certain type of QB, you need the best one.''

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    @MaryKayCabot: #Browns OC Shanahan on drafting a quarterback: "you don't need a certain type of QB, you need the best one.''

    Is Shannie selling decoder rings?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    @MaryKayCabot: #Browns OC Shanahan on drafting a quarterback: "you don't need a certain type of QB, you need the best one.''

    Is Shannie selling decoder rings?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @tour2ma said:

    Is Shannie selling decoder rings?

    he's selling something...........and i can smell it all the way from NY.

    are we going to base a system around a QB or vice versa?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Is Shannie selling decoder rings?

    he's selling something...........and i can smell it all the way from NY.

    are we going to base a system around a QB or vice versa?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @miktoxic said:

    he's selling something...........and i can smell it all the way from NY.

    are we going to base a system around a QB or vice versa?

    In his press conference he said the system needs to be flexible so it can work around what your QB does best.

    So according to Shanny, system around the QB's talent.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #40

    OK.... I wonder what Kyle thinks Wheezy's talent is?

  • OK.... I wonder what Kyle thinks Wheezy's talent is?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #41

    @tour2ma said:

    OK.... I wonder what Kyle thinks Wheezy's talent is?

    Was too nice to answer.

    Said he coached him in senior bowl and thought he was a decent guy, but didn't evaluate him a lot because they knew they were going with rg3.

    Said he's only been in town for 3 days and hasn't had enough time to evaluate our QBs on film.

    Oh yeah.

    Weeden dazzled scouts in practice at the senior bowl and had some people raving. Then in the actual game he had 5 completions with 2 interceptions? Sounds kind of familiar lol.