Skip to content

Derek Carr

The Browns Board
190 40 7.4k
  • Carr looked like a monster against chumps. USC was not that amazing this year and Carr looked awful against them.

  • He is 4th in a 4 man race.

  • He is 4th in a 4 man race.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    He is 4th in a 4 man race.

    A 3 man race, honestly.

  • Who gives a flying fuck whether we get Carr, Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater, McCarron, Garropolo, Capacola, Linguini, Art Garfunkel, Benny Friedman, Fritz Pollard or Pee Wee Fucking Herman......

    ....as long as we get a motherfucking quarterback that can play and can win. We have been through 20 starting QBs since 1999 and not a goddamn one of them has been worth a shit hardly (except for DA for about a half a year).

  • I agree Gipper, it wouldn't matter who we draft as long as we get it right this time. But, there is the big problem. The Browns have consistently brought in the WRONG FA QB, drafted the wrong QB, and picked up the wrong QBs off the streets. We could have selected, any of the QBs in our division, although I wouldn't want Dalton...

    The thing is picking the right one for us and sticking to him.

    Out of the QBs coming out, who would be the leader of this team, somebody you would follow? I know many would say, as long as we win they would follow him. yes, to a point. But what if winning doesn't come right away? Who is somebody that would weather the losses and keep improving and keep motivating their team to keep going?

    I see Bridgewater and Manziel self destructing. I don't think they would handle the Cleveland curse well. I think they would explode or grow complacent, much like Weeden did. "Oh, there is nothing more I can do, we're just going to lose anyways..." blah, blah, blah...

    I think Carr elevates those around him and that is why I'm going with Carr over the others.

  • Of course this discussion is never ending but I will repeat myself. I don't think the key problem of the Cleveland Browns has been the position of quarterback since we returned to the league.

    Has there been one quarterback who has played in a consistent situation for 2 or more years? I don't think so. How many different offensive schemes how many different coaches offensive coordinators, general managers or even, owners for that matter, have been in and out of Northeast Ohio?

    WSS

  • I agree Gipper, it wouldn't matter who we draft as long as we get it right this time. But, there is the big problem. The Browns have consistently brought in the WRONG FA QB, drafted the wrong QB, and picked up the wrong QBs off the streets. We could have selected, any of the QBs in our division, although I wouldn't want Dalton...

    The thing is picking the right one for us and sticking to him.

    Out of the QBs coming out, who would be the leader of this team, somebody you would follow? I know many would say, as long as we win they would follow him. yes, to a point. But what if winning doesn't come right away? Who is somebody that would weather the losses and keep improving and keep motivating their team to keep going?

    I see Bridgewater and Manziel self destructing. I don't think they would handle the Cleveland curse well. I think they would explode or grow complacent, much like Weeden did. "Oh, there is nothing more I can do, we're just going to lose anyways..." blah, blah, blah...

    I think Carr elevates those around him and that is why I'm going with Carr over the others.

    @poeticg said:

    I agree Gipper, it wouldn't matter who we draft as long as we get it right this time. But, there is the big problem. The Browns have consistently brought in the WRONG FA QB, drafted the wrong QB, and picked up the wrong QBs off the streets. We could have selected, any of the QBs in our division, although I wouldn't want Dalton...

    The thing is picking the right one for us and sticking to him.

    Out of the QBs coming out, who would be the leader of this team, somebody you would follow? I know many would say, as long as we win they would follow him. yes, to a point. But what if winning doesn't come right away? Who is somebody that would weather the losses and keep improving and keep motivating their team to keep going?

    I see Bridgewater and Manziel self destructing. I don't think they would handle the Cleveland curse well. I think they would explode or grow complacent, much like Weeden did. "Oh, there is nothing more I can do, we're just going to lose anyways..." blah, blah, blah...

    I think Carr elevates those around him and that is why I'm going with Carr over the others.

    You are just using my post to serve as another opportunity to get a boner over Carr.......I don't care about Carr.....unless he comes here. I don't prefer him over anyone else. So get your jizzbone out of my face.

    Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th thread on Carr that you have started. If and when he is drafted by the Browns that is the only time I will give a shit about him.

    Why push us for your paramour. My name is NOT Ray Farmer. He will decide who to pick at QB....if anyone.

  • @mike-h said:

    That certainly has something to do with it. I would counter with: How many Cleveland QBs have gone elsewhere and found success?

    Len Dawson for sure. No one else....unless you count Bernie getting a SB ring with the Cowboys as a backup.

  • I'm a big fan of his WR Davante Adams.

  • I'm a big fan of his WR Davante Adams.

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    I'm a big fan of his WR Davante Adams.[/quote

    The only player worth getting from Fresno is Davante. I think he can be a stud, personally.

  • @mike-h said:

    didn't Bernie win a playoff game with Aikman hurt?

    Yes.

  • Seriously Gipper? Seriously? Fucking WOW!

    Actually, this is the only Derek Carr thread that I started. I started a poll thread asking who everyone would like at the top of the first...and I gave my opinion. I also started a thread about the Browns taking several QB to finally move past all the QB carousel BS. But, to say that I've started several threads on Derek Carr specifically is just false.

    Actually, you are the one who got me interested in Derek Carr in the first place. Yeah, thanks for that. I think it was sometime in December.. actually let me check... ah, here it is.


    Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:01 AM
    I may not mind if they took him with their first first rounder

    ... I think it was jrb who started a thread asking what is wrong with Derek Carr? This is about the time I started researching potential college draft prospects. I looked into Carr because of 'your' endorsement... now, to turn around and attack me about it is a low blow.




  • @mike-h said:

    didn't Bernie win a playoff game with Aikman hurt?

    I'm surprised he lost his starting job then....

    But seriously even he was never considered a starting quarterback after his time with the Browns. Usually the starter on a bad team is looked on as a failure and never get the opportunity to start again. Those are the breaks. I'll give you another example since you seem to believe it's all about the quarterback. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

    It's speculation of course but just due to the simple idea that every quarter back we've ever had has been considered a winner at a high level at one time then I would assume that they would have had more success had they been placed at the helm of a good team.

    WSS

  • Seriously Gipper? Seriously? Fucking WOW!

    Actually, this is the only Derek Carr thread that I started. I started a poll thread asking who everyone would like at the top of the first...and I gave my opinion. I also started a thread about the Browns taking several QB to finally move past all the QB carousel BS. But, to say that I've started several threads on Derek Carr specifically is just false.

    Actually, you are the one who got me interested in Derek Carr in the first place. Yeah, thanks for that. I think it was sometime in December.. actually let me check... ah, here it is.


    Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:01 AM
    I may not mind if they took him with their first first rounder

    ... I think it was jrb who started a thread asking what is wrong with Derek Carr? This is about the time I started researching potential college draft prospects. I looked into Carr because of 'your' endorsement... now, to turn around and attack me about it is a low blow.




    @poeticg said:

    Seriously Gipper? Seriously? Fucking WOW!

    Actually, this is the only Derek Carr thread that I started. I started a poll thread asking who everyone would like at the top of the first...and I gave my opinion. I also started a thread about the Browns taking several QB to finally move past all the QB carousel BS. But, to say that I've started several threads on Derek Carr specifically is just false.

    OK, maybe, but it is still fun to bust your chops over it

    Actually, you are the one who got me interested in Derek Carr in the first place. Yeah, thanks for that. I think it was sometime in December.. actually let me check... ah, here it is.

    Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

    I may not mind if they took him with their first first rounder

    ... I think it was jrb who started a thread asking what is wrong with Derek Carr? This is about the time I started researching potential college draft prospects. I looked into Carr because of 'your' endorsement... now, to turn around and attack me about it is a low blow.

    So, I am responsible for your love affair? So be it. Since it is just a few days past Valentine's day just call me Cupid.

  • @mike-h said:

    I don't believe it's ALL ABOUT the QB. Simply asking you a question, no need to get butt hurt.

    Gosh I didn't think I was butt hurt but if you'd like you could certainly kiss it and make it better. Thanks for your concern. But...

    I think I've been fairly clear with my opinion that it's wise to build a very strong team and then whoever plays quarterback will look better. By the way Bernie Kosar did not win a playoff game in Dallas. He went 5 of 9 and one touchdown as I recall filling in for Troy Aikman in the second half. The Cowboys won the game by 10 or 12 or something.

    WSS

  • @mike-h said:

    I don't believe it's ALL ABOUT the QB. Simply asking you a question, no need to get butt hurt.

    Gosh I didn't think I was butt hurt but if you'd like you could certainly kiss it and make it better. Thanks for your concern. But...

    I think I've been fairly clear with my opinion that it's wise to build a very strong team and then whoever plays quarterback will look better. By the way Bernie Kosar did not win a playoff game in Dallas. He went 5 of 9 and one touchdown as I recall filling in for Troy Aikman in the second half. The Cowboys won the game by 10 or 12 or something.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Gosh I didn't think I was butt hurt but if you'd like you could certainly kiss it and make it better. Thanks for your concern. But...

    I think I've been fairly clear with my opinion that it's wise to build a very strong team and then whoever plays quarterback will look better. By the way Bernie Kosar did not win a playoff game in Dallas. He went 5 of 9 and one touchdown as I recall filling in for Troy Aikman in the second half. The Cowboys won the game by 10 or 12 or something.

    WSS

    Bernie "perserved" that win. The Cowboys were ahead when Aikman went out, but the 49ers started to make a comeback. Kosar came in the game in the middle of the third quarter and threw a TD pass, and got the Cowboys into position for a FG to salt the game away.

  • @mike-h said:

    I think it's kindergarten logic that you need a strong overall team to win football games.

    Cheers.

    Yes, it certainly goes without saying that is true. The argument is how to get there: Get the franchise QB first and then build components around him....or get that QB as that cherry when the rest of the team is right at the success point...and just needs that quality trigger man.

    The greatest trigger man in the game can do no good if the rest of the team is poor......say Hello to Dan Marino and Dan Fouts.

    If the rest of the team is Super Bowl ready, then perhaps all you need is a steady hand on that trigger, and not the quickest draw in town. Say Hello to Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Ben R. in 2005....maybe even Russell Wilson.

  • @mike-h said:

    I think it's kindergarten logic that you need a strong overall team to win football games.

    Cheers.

    And that's why it's true.

    It's also a damn good reason not to try it the other way.

    WSS

  • Hate to burst your bubble, but this site gives a nice statistical analysis of why Derek Carr is a bust waiting to happen.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/2014s-quarterback-conundrum

  • i think carr and mccaron both will be big bust but just my opinion