Skip to content

Pro days reaction

The Browns Board
38 23 1.6k
  • @nuckin-futz said:

    Anybody see Petine/Farmer on the sidelines. Looked like a few Browns hats but don't know who they were.

    I read this morning that there were no representitives from the Browns present at TB's pro day.

    @topdawg31 said:

    I read this morning that there were no representitives from the Browns present at TB's pro day.

    Article up above said Pittsburgh, Washington, and Miami were the only three teams to not attend his pro day.

  • Game film much more important than any pro day dog and pony show.

    If Brown's weren't there maybe they saw too many negatives reviewing Teddy's game footage or they have already made their mind up whether he is a go or not

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I read this morning that there were no representitives from the Browns present at TB's pro day.

    Article up above said Pittsburgh, Washington, and Miami were the only three teams to not attend his pro day.

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    Article up above said Pittsburgh, Washington, and Miami were the only three teams to not attend his pro day.

    Yeah, I saw the Browns had some Scouts there and they have the film as well to go over.

    One odd note that came across is that TB threw without gloves on for this Pro Day demo - in all his games he's always thrown with gloves on.

    That'll definitely change the feel for the Ball and could have an impact on his throwing - take it for what it's worth.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I read this morning that there were no representitives from the Browns present at TB's pro day.

    Article up above said Pittsburgh, Washington, and Miami were the only three teams to not attend his pro day.

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    Article up above said Pittsburgh, Washington, and Miami were the only three teams to not attend his pro day.

    It was early when I read it, believe it was on NFL Mobile where I read it

  • The guys on NFL live said he is NOT a top of the draft QB.

    @browns149 said:

    The guys on NFL live said he is NOT a top of the draft QB.

    I'm pretty sure he's going to be a top of the draft qb regardless of what analysts say. It's the way of the NFL now. (assuming top of the draft means something like the first 6 or 7 picks. )

  • Just goes to show how fast opinions can change. Not too long ago it was "tank for teddy"

  • Just goes to show how fast opinions can change. Not too long ago it was "tank for teddy"

    @bbedward said:

    Just goes to show how fast opinions can change. Not too long ago it was "tank for teddy"

    Yeah, it wasn't too long ago that everyone was saying this was going to be a great Draft for QB's also . . .

  • I saw the NFL Live coverage on Ted. The kid is still working on the fundamentals to improve an already great set of skills. Namely, using more leg strength to improve accuracy and verticality. The talking heads saw him best as a system quarterback and showed some unflattering game reps from his Ville games. Im betting it took awhile to find major flaws with teddys game in the film they reviewed. But I'm not sold on his durability so I'd prolly take a pass.

  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    yawn

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    yawn

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    @miktoxic said:

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    yawn

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    Yep!

    I have seen enough to know that I'm trusting Farmer & Pettine. with whomever they pick. They surely know a WHOLE lot more than I, & from what they've done so far, more than ANYBODY who's been in Cleveland in a VERY long time.

    Mike

  • "Cleveland Browns' Mike Pettine, Kyle Shanahan and QB coach Dowell Loggains all skipped Teddy Twatwater's Pro Day"

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/03/cleveland_browns_mike_pettine_5.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

  • "Cleveland Browns' Mike Pettine, Kyle Shanahan and QB coach Dowell Loggains all skipped Teddy Twatwater's Pro Day"

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/03/cleveland_browns_mike_pettine_5.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

    @d-bone said:

    "Cleveland Browns' Mike Pettine, Kyle Shanahan and QB coach Dowell Loggains all skipped Teddy Twatwater's Pro Day"

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/03/cleveland_browns_mike_pettine_5.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

    "All in" or "all out"....Looks like it's one or the other. We'll see.

    Mike

  • Could be the old we will act like we dont care, and then they draft ya. Dont want other teams jumping them for a QB.

  • @walterwhite said:

    and that same exact crowd wants to hold out for Mariota and Winston...

    Then you'll be doing the same thing this time next year "hold out for the 2016" guy.

    Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

    I was on board for Mariotta this year. And I'm on board for next year. I like his physical skill set, regardless of system. (I'm by no means a guru in terms of football, let alone quarterbacks).

  • @d-bone said:

    "Cleveland Browns' Mike Pettine, Kyle Shanahan and QB coach Dowell Loggains all skipped Teddy Twatwater's Pro Day"

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/03/cleveland_browns_mike_pettine_5.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

    "All in" or "all out"....Looks like it's one or the other. We'll see.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    "All in" or "all out"....Looks like it's one or the other. We'll see.

    Mike

    I would imagine they'll have him up for a personal session.

  • @mike-h said:

    I have a serious problem in waiting till "next year" to make a move. Last year, people said the same thing about this class. Mariota has plenty of question marks, too. He's far from polished.

    If the Browns are in position to draft a Top QB prospect next season, Farmer failed. Everyone seems OK with that when talking about the '15 draft.

    Understand, and agree to a point. And I do think Mariotta is a system QB, but also not one who seems to have questionable size, decision making, or live by the busted play. Don't get me wrong, I like JF. Love his intangibles, leadership, never say die attitude. I just don't like him at 4.

    As for Mariotta next year? I'm not saying tank. I'm not saying sell the farm. But would I give up say a 2016 1st rounder to move up? Yeah. But who knows. Again. I'm not a film junkie. I like his size better. I like his physical skill set better. I like his home run ability, even more than RG3. There is something about the way he plays the game, that I like watching ... In spite of their uniforms.

    I don't like any of the quarterbacks for the top half of the first round. That's just me.

  • And for this year, I like the idea of Murray from Georgia in the mid to late rounds.

  • @mike-h said:

    I have a serious problem in waiting till "next year" to make a move. Last year, people said the same thing about this class. Mariota has plenty of question marks, too. He's far from polished.

    If the Browns are in position to draft a Top QB prospect next season, Farmer failed. Everyone seems OK with that when talking about the '15 draft.

    Although Buddy Christ seems like he approves, I do not, sirs.

    I'm not sure on Mariota, when I've seen him his WR's are so open it's absurd - that tells me there's a bit of extra hype on him too.

  • @mike-h said:

    I have a serious problem in waiting till "next year" to make a move. Last year, people said the same thing about this class. Mariota has plenty of question marks, too. He's far from polished.

    If the Browns are in position to draft a Top QB prospect next season, Farmer failed. Everyone seems OK with that when talking about the '15 draft.

    Although Buddy Christ seems like he approves, I do not, sirs.

    I'm not sure on Mariota, when I've seen him his WR's are so open it's absurd - that tells me there's a bit of extra hype on him too.

    @jafbf said:

    I'm not sure on Mariota, when I've seen him his WR's are so open it's absurd - that tells me there's a bit of extra hype on him too.

    Agreed. But he also looks much more mechanically fluid. Sees the field well, etc. Again, he's a system QB.

  • He's a bust waiting to happen...get over this loser of a Qb..."snore"