Skip to content

Pro days reaction

The Browns Board
38 23 1.6k
  • @mike-h said:

    I have a serious problem in waiting till "next year" to make a move. Last year, people said the same thing about this class. Mariota has plenty of question marks, too. He's far from polished.

    If the Browns are in position to draft a Top QB prospect next season, Farmer failed. Everyone seems OK with that when talking about the '15 draft.

    Although Buddy Christ seems like he approves, I do not, sirs.

    I'm not sure on Mariota, when I've seen him his WR's are so open it's absurd - that tells me there's a bit of extra hype on him too.

  • @mike-h said:

    I have a serious problem in waiting till "next year" to make a move. Last year, people said the same thing about this class. Mariota has plenty of question marks, too. He's far from polished.

    If the Browns are in position to draft a Top QB prospect next season, Farmer failed. Everyone seems OK with that when talking about the '15 draft.

    Although Buddy Christ seems like he approves, I do not, sirs.

    I'm not sure on Mariota, when I've seen him his WR's are so open it's absurd - that tells me there's a bit of extra hype on him too.

    @jafbf said:

    I'm not sure on Mariota, when I've seen him his WR's are so open it's absurd - that tells me there's a bit of extra hype on him too.

    Agreed. But he also looks much more mechanically fluid. Sees the field well, etc. Again, he's a system QB.

  • He's a bust waiting to happen...get over this loser of a Qb..."snore"

  • No higher ups were T Bridgewater's workout. Not Pettine, Farmer or Loggains.

  • @mike-h said:

    I have a serious problem in waiting till "next year" to make a move. Last year, people said the same thing about this class. Mariota has plenty of question marks, too. He's far from polished.

    If the Browns are in position to draft a Top QB prospect next season, Farmer failed. Everyone seems OK with that when talking about the '15 draft.

    Although Buddy Christ seems like he approves, I do not, sirs.

    I agree about mariota. Has significant questions about him like scheme and play style.

    I'm a garrapolo fan though, I think we're under rating his arm strength.

  • @bbedward said:

    Just goes to show how fast opinions can change. Not too long ago it was "tank for teddy"

    Yeah, it wasn't too long ago that everyone was saying this was going to be a great Draft for QB's also . . .

    @jafbf said:

    Yeah, it wasn't too long ago that everyone was saying this was going to be a great Draft for QB's also . . .

    Not "everyone"...

    Take the blue pill... Teddy is not "the one".

    Laurence-Fishburne-Cyberstalking.jpg

  • @mike-h said:

    Farmer was there. Mary Kay mis-reported.

    Surprise, surprise.

    How does she still have a job?

  • What I know for sure about the Browns' QB situation is, Pettine, Shanahan and Farmer have a plan. What that plan is may not become known even after the draft. We'll probably know more around the OTA time but it is entirely possible we won't know before we know the 53 that makes the cut. Based on how much of that plan Pettine has told us so far, Hoyer will be the Brown's first #1 in the Pettine/Shanahan/Farmer regime. That tells me two things; Pettine believes Hoyer can cut it and Pettine doesn't want the crazy that comes along with 'who is going to be the Browns' QB' confusion.

  • And for this year, I like the idea of Murray from Georgia in the mid to late rounds.

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    And for this year, I like the idea of Murray from Georgia in the mid to late rounds.

    I like Murray, another option in the latter rounds is Zach Mettenberger. Especially as projects, bonus is that the Browns will get em cheap.

  • Considering that behind Andrew Luck the best QBs of the 2012 draft were those taken in the 2d/3rd rounds, maybe this is the theory adopted by the Browns. Pick up one of the QBs that most do not believe are the top echelon (Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles) and do well in the 2d/3rd round

    (2012: Luck/RGIII/Tannehill/Weeden were the 1st rounders. Foles and Wilson 2d/3rd)

    Who would be the Foles/Wilson of this draft?

  • Considering that behind Andrew Luck the best QBs of the 2012 draft were those taken in the 2d/3rd rounds, maybe this is the theory adopted by the Browns. Pick up one of the QBs that most do not believe are the top echelon (Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles) and do well in the 2d/3rd round

    (2012: Luck/RGIII/Tannehill/Weeden were the 1st rounders. Foles and Wilson 2d/3rd)

    Who would be the Foles/Wilson of this draft?

    @the-gipper said:

    Considering that behind Andrew Luck the best QBs of the 2012 draft were the apparent best QBs of that draft were those taken in the 2d/3rd rounds, maybe this is the theory adopted by the Browns. Pick up one of the QBs that most do not believe are the top echelon (Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles) and do well in the 2d/3rd round

    (2012: Luck/RGIII/Tannehill/Weeden were the 1st rounders. Foles and Wilson 2d/3rd)

    Who would be the Foles/Wilson of this draft?

    That draft won't happen again for another 100 years. Pick your favorite QB and go get him Farmer.