Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Calfox's Ultra-Stupendous Mock Draft, once and for all.

Calfox's Ultra-Stupendous Mock Draft, once and for all.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
21 Posts 7 Posters 650 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
    • 64k Posts
    • 8k Reputation
    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #1

    I finally figured it out ! This whole draft makes sense to me.

    All the confusion, angst, and mind-warping is all gone.

    About three times, I told Canton Mike that I was going to finish

    my mock draft "tonight". Yeah. But now, it all came together.

    I love it, even. I think I nailed 2 or 3 picks. We'll see.

    (Don't everybody get PO'd all at once....please...)

    *****************************************************************

    1st Round Pick: Sammy Watkins. Gordon is a mistake away from being gone. Watkins
    is a #2/#1, who is competitive, intense, smart, and game breaking.
    Detroit may try to trade up to get him. But, I think it's Watkins.
    Sure, it's a deep draft. But the Browns draft two wrs. And two qbs. And two cbs.
    1st Round Pick (IND): Jimmy Garappolo, QB. Why here? Because he won't be there
    there with the Browns' second round pick. Really. A lot of teams like him,
    the first few teams in the second would get him first, but I think he goes
    to a team in the late first. Like Denver. So the Browns get their qb.
    btw, Jimmy played in a pro-style offense his first two years.
    I don't care about the "little hands", blah blah. He's a very football smart
    qb. He sees things quickly, and has a very quick release. His stock
    is -still- rising. Very smart, quick kid.
    2nd Round Pick: Jayden Watkins, CB, 6', 194, 4.41.
    I'm jumping/reaching at this kid because he has the speed and size I want.
    He has the excellent athleticism - yes, his brother is the high-rated wr the
    Browns "drafted" with my first pick..
    He has the skills to start opposite Haden. There are other cb's with a lot of talent, and as tall, but they aren't quite ready to step in, a bit slower, less athletic.
    Desir is impressive, but they say he'll need some development time hasn't
    been as physical in run support. The Browns need a starter,
    so they reach for this guy. Yes, Kyle Fuller was a great pick for somebody..
    but he went before the Browns' 26 pick. Most teams are looking for cb's.
    3rd Round Pick: Jarred Abbrederis, WR 6'1", 195, 4.5...Not a burner, but a terrific fast Brian Brennan. Jerry Rice wasn't a burner. Hinesend Ward wasn't a burner. This kid is a -player- . He has instincts and ability to beat an NFL cb's jam at the line,
    get open fast, and find open seams in a zone, he isn't short... soft hands...
    Hinesend Ward was a third round pick. Brian Brennan was a round 4 pick.
    This is a player, and has made some high rated defensive backs miserable.
    Jerry Rice was picked in the first round, but he had a mid 4.6 40 time.
    3rd Round Pick (PIT): C. J. Fiedorowicz. TE. This pick continues the fixing of the offense. Everybody is shocked, but
    He's 6'5", 265, 4.76 forty, soft hands,
    great blocker... he can start. He's that good. At least, I ..think..he
    will be there....
    4th Round Pick: Devon Kennard, OLB. 6'3", 249, 4.7 forty. Played terrific in a 3-4 in S.Cal.
    He's a rangy, physical, versatile pass rusher, smart player. Great pick,
    if I do say so myself....
    4th Round Pick (IND): Rajion Neal, 5-11, 220, RB, receiver out of the backfield, strong, very agile and quick. He's the perfect choice. next pick, well, I always look at OG's....
    5th Round Pick: Jon Halapio, OG, 6'4",323. Tough powerhouse, 5.29 forty. ROG.
    6th Round Pick: Antone Exum, CB. 6',213, 4.5 forty.. but was injured a few times. Tore his ACL.
    He initially was at free safety. If he could pass the physical. maybe
    he could be a development safety and special teams ace. Actually,
    slated to go in the fifth round. With all these picks, it's worth the chance.
    7th Round Pick: Keith Wenning, QB. 6'3",218, 4.9 forty, great timing, good arm. Why not?
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • miktoxic miktoxicM
      • 13k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
      #2

      i would respond but i'm all choked up.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • John.R.Brown1968 John.R.Brown1968J
        • 199 Posts
        • 16 Reputation
        John.R.Brown1968J John.R.Brown1968 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        No inside linebacker? And I would think we need a guard in one of the higher rounds to start ASAP. Just my opinion.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
          • 64k Posts
          • 8k Reputation
          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
          #4

          Yeah, I wanted to get a high pick for ILB and OG.

          But everytime I did it, I left out the players I really wanted

          at other positions.

          So, they signed a safety, and a mlb in FA. Hey, once, I had Mathews, OT,

          with the first pick, and Su's Filo, OG with the 2nd round pick, but then

          I figured he'd never be there, and OT at 4...

          If it weren't for needing Watkins opposite Gordon.... I would do that....

          this is my most impressive, but still almost completely wrong mock I could work up.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
            • 4k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Mike,

            You're my friend, but I will mock your mock!!!...Get it??? LOL

            I WILL say that you went above & beyond by adding ANOTHER OLB, ANOTHER TE, TWO WRs & TWO QBs rather than "wasting" a pick on an ILB???

            I'm padding the inside of my car before I pick you up next Thursday!

            Mike

            IN DORSEY I TRUST
            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • jcam222 jcam222J Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 3k Posts
              • 873 Reputation
              jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
              #6

              First well written explanations. However....................I cant say I like much about it. I love Garoppollo but not in the 1st and I am really unsure why you believe he wont be there at 35. Way to big a stretch on the CB in the 2nd. The choice of running back is beyond underwhelming. Top it off with no ILB and just not great. On a positive note I cant hate on Watkins although even that pick I think could be overkill.

              Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • thenew23 thenew23T
                • 2k Posts
                • 233 Reputation
                thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Reaching for players, and ignoring glaring holes... same ol' Browns... glad you're not the GM

                #Justsayin'
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                  • 64k Posts
                  • 8k Reputation
                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Well, I never said I don't suck at mock drafts.

                  In fact, the only time I got a pick correct, was Joe Thomas.

                  Canton MikeC jcam222J 2 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • jcam222J jcam222

                    First well written explanations. However....................I cant say I like much about it. I love Garoppollo but not in the 1st and I am really unsure why you believe he wont be there at 35. Way to big a stretch on the CB in the 2nd. The choice of running back is beyond underwhelming. Top it off with no ILB and just not great. On a positive note I cant hate on Watkins although even that pick I think could be overkill.

                    Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                    • 4k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @jcam222 said:

                    On a positive note I cant hate on Watkins although even that pick I think could be overkill.

                    I have never been on the Watkins bandwagon either. We have other, more pressing needs & this is a WR rich draft. The key is who FARMER & PETTINE want at 4. No matter who it may be, I'm on board. I just like bustin' Cals' chops.

                    Mike

                    IN DORSEY I TRUST
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • C calfoxwc

                      Well, I never said I don't suck at mock drafts.

                      In fact, the only time I got a pick correct, was Joe Thomas.

                      Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @calfoxwc said:

                      Well, I never said I don't suck at mock drafts.

                      In fact, the only time I got a pick correct, was Joe Thomas.

                      1) Well, I DID say you suck at mock drafts! LOL

                      2) Me too (I also got Haden right), but remember how excited I was that we drafted Trich & Weeden? .......and I am not a drug user!

                      Mike

                      IN DORSEY I TRUST
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • C calfoxwc

                        Well, I never said I don't suck at mock drafts.

                        In fact, the only time I got a pick correct, was Joe Thomas.

                        jcam222 jcam222J Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 3k Posts
                        • 873 Reputation
                        jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @calfoxwc said:

                        Well, I never said I don't suck at mock drafts.

                        In fact, the only time I got a pick correct, was Joe Thomas.

                        Lol no worries , you have to understand anyone who posts a draft on here right now and asks for feedback is taking shit from someone for sure

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                          • 64k Posts
                          • 8k Reputation
                          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
                          #12

                          Okay, per my conversation with Canton Mike, let's compare HIS draft, with mine:

                          1st Round Pick: Teddy Twatwater. One bad outing doesn't a career make. Teddy will
                          have fire when he is with the Browns. He'll breathe fire like a dragon
                          that just ate a bushel of super hot peppers....
                          1st Round Pick (IND): A.J. Mcarron, QB. Because Canton Mike likes this guy better...
                          and because he realizes that
                          that he should never have picked Brigdewater with the
                          4 pick. Way too late, Mike. @@.
                          2nd Round Pick: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, big tall stupid wr who catches passes
                          really great once in a while, if he gets a route right.
                          3a Shane Skov, ILB,6'2", 245 Will be a great ILB, but will drop back into coverage slower than Jackson did.
                          3b Jarvis Landry, WR, 6', 205, 4.61 forty. Mike would have taken him with the #4 pick,
                          but I talked him out of it..... actually, this isn't a bad pick, except he's shorter and slower
                          than my pick - Abbredaris.
                          4a Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, 6'3", 218, 4.55 forty. But he's tall, and Mike says he can
                          play CB and FS at the same time, like
                          Superman...
                          4b (IND): Max Bullough, ILB, 6'4",249. Well, there's two
                          mlb's so.... Bullough and Skov will rock the house.
                          5th Round Pick:Jon Halapio, OG, 6'4",323. Tough powerhouse, 5.29 forty. ROG.
                          Out of desperation, Canton Mike stole my pick here.
                          6th Round Pick: Rajion Neal, 5-11, 220, RB, receiver out of the backfield, strong, very agile and quick.
                          He's the perfect choice, since even Canton Mike won't pick a third ILB.
                          7th Round Pick: Elisha Olabode, FS 5'9", 194, TCU. Why? No idea, except Canton
                          Mike says she is very nice, and looks like Troy Pollywannacrackerfromyou
                          of the steelers.......
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                            • 64k Posts
                            • 8k Reputation
                            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I think my mock is better, ROF,L !!!

                            Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • C calfoxwc

                              I think my mock is better, ROF,L !!!

                              Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
                              #14

                              @calfoxwc said:

                              I think my mock is better, ROF,L !!!

                              It SHOULD be, since I had NOTHING to do with the one you posted for me.

                              Bridgewater my ass! Kelvin, my ass!

                              Mike

                              IN DORSEY I TRUST
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                • 64k Posts
                                • 8k Reputation
                                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Did too. OVer the phone. You are a huge Bridgewater and Kelvin Benjamin fan.

                                And you wanted Elisha as an ILB, but thank goodness, I convinced you she was

                                too small....lol

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Hey folks, Cal is just angry that we didn't go after Pollymoomoo in 2003.

                                  Mike

                                  IN DORSEY I TRUST
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • miktoxic miktoxicM
                                    • 13k Posts
                                    • 1k Reputation
                                    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    thank god someone knew the heimlich maneuver as i almost choked on my dinner reading your mock.

                                    not trying to be disrespectful but you might have had too many 'root beers' 😉 before coming up with this.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                                      • 4k Posts
                                      • 2k Reputation
                                      Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      I will say one thing......Please note who submitted "my" draft, & it wasn't ME!!!

                                      Cal & I are just having some fun poking fun at each other. Nothing serious about this thread.

                                      Mike

                                      IN DORSEY I TRUST
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                        • 64k Posts
                                        • 8k Reputation
                                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        You should have seen all the other pitiful attempts I made

                                        at doing a mock before...

                                        This draft is really, seriously weird, and hard to figure.

                                        I don't know which qb. I think, since Kennard played in a 3-4,

                                        he could play ILB no problem.

                                        I would love the Browns to draft Su'a-Filo. But it would have to be at 26.

                                        Bortles doesn't seem to have the arm to pick him at 4.

                                        I'd go wr in the second, but .... this year, it's like a game of pickup stix.

                                        I honestly hope Khali Mack falls to the Browns ideally.

                                        But, if they do draft Mathews (doubt it, bigtime), well,

                                        I will be delighted whatever they do, because they

                                        will be experts.

                                        Khalil Mack

                                        best wr available

                                        quarterback

                                        cb ...

                                        or cb,

                                        og,

                                        ILB qb no wait...

                                        ilb, qb, wr, cb.... good grief.

                                        mix em, change em all around.

                                        It is going to be FUN at the draft party watching the Browns

                                        do the intelligent picks.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                          • 3k Posts
                                          • 241 Reputation
                                          Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          My only thing was with the formatting being fucked up. Made it hard to read.

                                          Ruining threads since 1897.
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate