Browns knew about Gordon an now tanking 2014
-
How has Julio jones made the falcons better? Lol.
I'm assuming you've never seen him play.
-
Let's not forget we were 4-12 even with Gordon's 1600 yards and 9 TD's. Divided those among the receivers we have (I'm sure Hoyer or Johnny could) and run and take care of the football, play solid D and we're on our way to 10 or 11 wins. Just cool it brah. If we drafted a bunch of useless players at no positions of need then I'd agree but it's evident that they addressed the major needs in the draft.
-
Also if not mistaken for multiple reasons (one of which is we were always trying to catch up) we threw more than any other team in the league.
With West and a much better guard we should be banging away a few yards and a few minutes with the run.
And giving and improved defense ability to rest for a little bit between possesions
WSS
-
Julio Jones is a good WR no doubt about it. But his time with the Falcons proves that he isn't the whole team. He doesn't make them so much better that there's a difference between last and first with or without him. They have a franchise QB, they've had a solid running game, and other stellar receiving options i.e. Roddy White; to me their defense has been what's held them back
-
Julio Jones is a good WR no doubt about it. But his time with the Falcons proves that he isn't the whole team. He doesn't make them so much better that there's a difference between last and first with or without him. They have a franchise QB, they've had a solid running game, and other stellar receiving options i.e. Roddy White; to me their defense has been what's held them back
Julio Jones is a good WR no doubt about it. But his time with the Falcons proves that he isn't the whole team. He doesn't make them so much better that there's a difference between last and first with or without him. They have a franchise QB, they've had a solid running game, and other stellar receiving options i.e. Roddy White; to me their defense has been what's held them back
Precisely. They have been weak on the defensive line. Superstar receivers don't help much when there are other huge holes to fill.
-
And their record compared to before and after they drafted him?
Outside of on bad year (last year) pretty well. In his limited action last year he damn near single handedly won them at least 1 game in the 4th quarter and came close to doing it again with a fractured foot vs the Jets.
You obviously haven't seen him play.
I get if you're fine with the trade we made for the Falcons, I am as well, but don't be a complete douche and talk shit about Julio's ability to play the game when you've never seen him play.
-
Julio Jones is a good WR no doubt about it. But his time with the Falcons proves that he isn't the whole team. He doesn't make them so much better that there's a difference between last and first with or without him. They have a franchise QB, they've had a solid running game, and other stellar receiving options i.e. Roddy White; to me their defense has been what's held them back
Julio Jones is a good WR no doubt about it. But his time with the Falcons proves that he isn't the whole team. He doesn't make them so much better that there's a difference between last and first with or without him. They have a franchise QB, they've had a solid running game, and other stellar receiving options i.e. Roddy White; to me their defense has been what's held them back
I agree they would've been well served using those traded picks on upgrading their defense and o line. However I think they would've won a few more games last year if he's healthy despite their myriad of other problems.
-
And their record compared to before and after they drafted him?
Outside of on bad year (last year) pretty well. In his limited action last year he damn near single handedly won them at least 1 game in the 4th quarter and came close to doing it again with a fractured foot vs the Jets.
You obviously haven't seen him play.
I get if you're fine with the trade we made for the Falcons, I am as well, but don't be a complete douche and talk shit about Julio's ability to play the game when you've never seen him play.
I've seen him play. Doesn't matter If I have or not. Also don't put words In my mouth, I didn't say he sucked. They were a division champion team before they drafted him. Their record did not drastically improve nor did they advance to the Super Bowl because of him being there.Outside of on bad year (last year) pretty well. In his limited action last year he damn near single handedly won them at least 1 game in the 4th quarter and came close to doing it again with a fractured foot vs the Jets.
You obviously haven't seen him play.
I get if you're fine with the trade we made for the Falcons, I am as well, but don't be a complete douche and talk shit about Julio's ability to play the game when you've never seen him play.
So he singlehandedly won them a game? What he made every tackle on D and took every offensive snap, throwing the ball to himself?
-
@mike-h said:
Whether Farmer is right or not, plenty of people here should admit they were wrong that WR was a top priority. I was wrong thinking they would add a No. 2 in the second round.
Farmer was happy enough with his WRs he didn't even plan to draft any. Just shows how far off the Watkins crowd is from reality.
Actually, Farmer is quoted as saying they almost turned in the card on Watkins, and were comfortable doing so. But to get Gilbert (The browns feel cornerback is as every bit important as wr) and a first round pick was a huge haul. There were plenty of WRs at 35 that they liked but they had Bitonio so high over everybody else on their board they couldn't pass him. They were hoping some of those guys they liked at 35 would fall to #71, but that didn't happen. After that, they were comfortable shopping the udfas.
This is all from Farmer himself, I don't have the link handy, may have been the King article.
Zombo
-
I've seen him play. Doesn't matter If I have or not. Also don't put words In my mouth, I didn't say he sucked. They were a division champion team before they drafted him. Their record did not drastically improve nor did they advance to the Super Bowl because of him being there.Outside of on bad year (last year) pretty well. In his limited action last year he damn near single handedly won them at least 1 game in the 4th quarter and came close to doing it again with a fractured foot vs the Jets.
You obviously haven't seen him play.
I get if you're fine with the trade we made for the Falcons, I am as well, but don't be a complete douche and talk shit about Julio's ability to play the game when you've never seen him play.
So he singlehandedly won them a game? What he made every tackle on D and took every offensive snap, throwing the ball to himself?
I've seen him play. Doesn't matter If I have or not. Also don't put words In my mouth, I didn't say he sucked. They were a division champion team before they drafted him. Their record did not drastically improve nor did they advance to the Super Bowl because of him being there.
So he singlehandedly won them a game? What he made every tackle on D and took every offensive snap, throwing the ball to himself?
Haha you give me shit for putting words in your mouth and then you turn around and do that same shit. Congrats.
"In his limited action last year he damn near single handedly won them at least 1 game in the 4th quarter and came close to doing it again with a fractured foot vs the Jets."
Word for word from my previous post.
-
@mike-h said:
Whether Farmer is right or not, plenty of people here should admit they were wrong that WR was a top priority. I was wrong thinking they would add a No. 2 in the second round.
Farmer was happy enough with his WRs he didn't even plan to draft any. Just shows how far off the Watkins crowd is from reality.
Actually, Farmer is quoted as saying they almost turned in the card on Watkins, and were comfortable doing so. But to get Gilbert (The browns feel cornerback is as every bit important as wr) and a first round pick was a huge haul. There were plenty of WRs at 35 that they liked but they had Bitonio so high over everybody else on their board they couldn't pass him. They were hoping some of those guys they liked at 35 would fall to #71, but that didn't happen. After that, they were comfortable shopping the udfas.
This is all from Farmer himself, I don't have the link handy, may have been the King article.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Actually, Farmer is quoted as saying they almost turned in the card on Watkins, and were comfortable doing so. But to get Gilbert (The browns feel cornerback is as every bit important as wr) and a first round pick was a huge haul. There were plenty of WRs at 35 that they liked but they had Bitonio so high on everybody else on their board they couldn't pass him. Hoping some of those guys they liked at 35 would fall to #71, but that didn't happen. After that, they were comfortable shopping the udfas.
This is all from Farmer himself, I don't have the link handy, may have been the King article.
Zombo
I just hope they're right Z. I don't care what the "oh Gordon's not the whole team" guys are saying- losing him for an extended period is a huge loss. We've seen this act before- teams will jam the line and take away the running game with no real downfield threat.
Yeah Greg Little can be a legit #2 wr- assuming he can ever learn to catch the damn ball. Benjamin is a deep threat, but he's coming off an ACL. Burleson looks like he's fragile as glass. My Bengals fans say we got a steal in Hawkins- we'll see about that.
This is Julio Jones Groundhog day folks. That extra pick means nothing if it's used on another Brandon Weeden, or Steve Heiden. What's demoralizing is it sends a signal to the fans- wait until next year guys, we're not ready for Prime Time yet.

-
VesnaKociper said:
and you Obama voting queers need the MODS to come save you.
I was actually semi on board with your healthy skepticism and were right that every year we say how awesome the draft was and this is the year we make noise in the NFL again. And then you post some stupid shit like "us Obama voting queers". Time to leave. Seriously. Nothing you said about the Browns prior is grounds for dismissal but this is. I didn't vote for anybody for the record I just loathe people like you that inject this shit everywhere. This is a hallowed place of football thou shalt not infest it with corrupt politics. Mods escort him out.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login