Skip to content

Connor Shaw

The Browns Board
298 60 16.4k
  • If I go by only what I have personally seen, and not what someone else has told me, then I would pick Connor Shaw before Johhny Scramble. Now before some of you more "enthusiastic" JS zealots call me all sorts of names, (I'm sure you still will, the line forms in back) let me clarify. I, in my entire life, have only seen 1 JS game, and in that game, he didn't impress me in any way, shape or form. I have also seen the exact same amount of Connor Shaw as well, and in that game, he looked like the next Joe Montana and Brett Favre all rolled into one.

  • If I go by only what I have personally seen, and not what someone else has told me, then I would pick Connor Shaw before Johhny Scramble. Now before some of you more "enthusiastic" JS zealots call me all sorts of names, (I'm sure you still will, the line forms in back) let me clarify. I, in my entire life, have only seen 1 JS game, and in that game, he didn't impress me in any way, shape or form. I have also seen the exact same amount of Connor Shaw as well, and in that game, he looked like the next Joe Montana and Brett Favre all rolled into one.

    @d-bone said:

    If I go by only what I have personally seen, and not what someone else has told me, then I would pick Connor Shaw before Johhny Scramble. Now before some of you more "enthusiastic" JS zealots call me all sorts of names, (I'm sure you still will, the line forms in back) let me clarify. I, in my entire life, have only seen 1 JS game, and in that game, he didn't impress me in any way, shape or form. I have also seen the exact same amount of Connor Shaw as well, and in that game, he looked like the next Joe Montana and Brett Favre all rolled into one.

    I hope you're not a scientist.

  • While I was in the military, the government issue glasses closely resembled what cs is wearing. They were referred as "BC's" - as in birth control

  • @d-bone said:

    If I go by only what I have personally seen, and not what someone else has told me, then I would pick Connor Shaw before Johhny Scramble. Now before some of you more "enthusiastic" JS zealots call me all sorts of names, (I'm sure you still will, the line forms in back) let me clarify. I, in my entire life, have only seen 1 JS game, and in that game, he didn't impress me in any way, shape or form. I have also seen the exact same amount of Connor Shaw as well, and in that game, he looked like the next Joe Montana and Brett Favre all rolled into one.

    I hope you're not a scientist.

    @taco918 said:

    I hope you're not a scientist.

    You didn't like my sample size?

  • While I was in the military, the government issue glasses closely resembled what cs is wearing. They were referred as "BC's" - as in birth control

    @slowburn said:

    While I was in the military, the government issue glasses closely resembled what cs is wearing. They were referred as "BC's" - as in birth control

    i drove across country in a pair of those with only one stem attached so they were lopsided on my head. i'd pull up to toll booths at state lines and i could see the people looking at me like i was a serial killer. i walked into a bar when i decided to stay over in north platte nebraska and someone yelled out "who ordered chinese food?"

    hilarious.

  • @taco918 said:

    I hope you're not a scientist.

    You didn't like my sample size?

    @d-bone said:

    You didn't like my sample size?

    Haha when I wrote that I was legitimacy concerned nobody would pick that up. Whenever I can get in a scientific method joke I'm going to take it.

  • @slowburn said:

    While I was in the military, the government issue glasses closely resembled what cs is wearing. They were referred as "BC's" - as in birth control

    i drove across country in a pair of those with only one stem attached so they were lopsided on my head. i'd pull up to toll booths at state lines and i could see the people looking at me like i was a serial killer. i walked into a bar when i decided to stay over in north platte nebraska and someone yelled out "who ordered chinese food?"

    hilarious.

    @miktoxic said:

    i walked into a bar when i decided to stay over in north platte nebraska and someone yelled out "who ordered chinese food?"

    I did not realize that you are Asian...

  • @miktoxic said:

    i walked into a bar when i decided to stay over in north platte nebraska and someone yelled out "who ordered chinese food?"

    I did not realize that you are Asian...

    @tour2ma said:

    I did not realize that you are Asian...

    You mean "yellow boys".

  • i'm only yellow when i don't shake off all the piss before i puts it back in it's holster.

  • If I go by only what I have personally seen, and not what someone else has told me, then I would pick Connor Shaw before Johhny Scramble. Now before some of you more "enthusiastic" JS zealots call me all sorts of names, (I'm sure you still will, the line forms in back) let me clarify. I, in my entire life, have only seen 1 JS game, and in that game, he didn't impress me in any way, shape or form. I have also seen the exact same amount of Connor Shaw as well, and in that game, he looked like the next Joe Montana and Brett Favre all rolled into one.

    @d-bone said:

    If I go by only what I have personally seen, and not what someone else has told me, then I would pick Connor Shaw before Johhny Scramble. Now before some of you more "enthusiastic" JS zealots call me all sorts of names, (I'm sure you still will, the line forms in back) let me clarify. I, in my entire life, have only seen 1 JS game, and in that game, he didn't impress me in any way, shape or form. I have also seen the exact same amount of Connor Shaw as well, and in that game, he looked like the next Joe Montana and Brett Favre all rolled into one.

    I've seen all of Shaw's games and the majority of JFFs and couldn't agree more. Of course, that'll be discredited since I'm an obvious homer. JFF's flash gets him the nod, that's it - nothing else.

  • @d-bone said:

    If I go by only what I have personally seen, and not what someone else has told me, then I would pick Connor Shaw before Johhny Scramble. Now before some of you more "enthusiastic" JS zealots call me all sorts of names, (I'm sure you still will, the line forms in back) let me clarify. I, in my entire life, have only seen 1 JS game, and in that game, he didn't impress me in any way, shape or form. I have also seen the exact same amount of Connor Shaw as well, and in that game, he looked like the next Joe Montana and Brett Favre all rolled into one.

    I've seen all of Shaw's games and the majority of JFFs and couldn't agree more. Of course, that'll be discredited since I'm an obvious homer. JFF's flash gets him the nod, that's it - nothing else.

    @gamecock-frog said:

    I've seen all of Shaw's games and the majority of JFFs and couldn't agree more. Of course, that'll be discredited since I'm an obvious homer. JFF's flash gets him the nod, that's it - nothing else.

    Well, there is that "he beat Alabama" thing, which Connor Shaw never did.

  • @d-bone said:

    If I go by only what I have personally seen, and not what someone else has told me, then I would pick Connor Shaw before Johhny Scramble. Now before some of you more "enthusiastic" JS zealots call me all sorts of names, (I'm sure you still will, the line forms in back) let me clarify. I, in my entire life, have only seen 1 JS game, and in that game, he didn't impress me in any way, shape or form. I have also seen the exact same amount of Connor Shaw as well, and in that game, he looked like the next Joe Montana and Brett Favre all rolled into one.

    I've seen all of Shaw's games and the majority of JFFs and couldn't agree more. Of course, that'll be discredited since I'm an obvious homer. JFF's flash gets him the nod, that's it - nothing else.

    @gamecock-frog said:

    I've seen all of Shaw's games and the majority of JFFs and couldn't agree more. Of course, that'll be discredited since I'm an obvious homer. JFF's flash gets him the nod, that's it - nothing else.

    And his Heisman. And his 63 TD passes in 2 years. And his 172.1 QB rating last season, which was higher than Shaw's 162.9 rating. And his 5 TD's against Alabama. And his 70% completion percentage against SEC defenses. Those all probably help him get the nod, too.

    Manziel threw more TD passes in his freshman year than Shaw did in any year, including his senior. Manziel threw more TD passes last year than Shaw did in his first three years. Shaw is a solid QB. Manziel is a better QB.

    By the way, I'm a Gamecock fan.

  • @gamecock-frog said:

    I've seen all of Shaw's games and the majority of JFFs and couldn't agree more. Of course, that'll be discredited since I'm an obvious homer. JFF's flash gets him the nod, that's it - nothing else.

    And his Heisman. And his 63 TD passes in 2 years. And his 172.1 QB rating last season, which was higher than Shaw's 162.9 rating. And his 5 TD's against Alabama. And his 70% completion percentage against SEC defenses. Those all probably help him get the nod, too.

    Manziel threw more TD passes in his freshman year than Shaw did in any year, including his senior. Manziel threw more TD passes last year than Shaw did in his first three years. Shaw is a solid QB. Manziel is a better QB.

    By the way, I'm a Gamecock fan.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    By the way, I'm a Gamecock fan.

    really? i think WRRebel could hit that one out of the park.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So does Hoyer, though.

    We have a stable of hairless white boys.

    Do you call the African Americans 'black boys'?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Do you call the African Americans 'black boys'?

    Uh, actually, ,,,,,

    WSS

  • I love Cocks, what can I say.

    Go ahead, run wild.

  • I love Cocks, what can I say.

    Go ahead, run wild.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I love Cocks, what can I say.

    Go ahead, run wild.

    No need. That has been a given around here for quite some while.

  • @gamecock-frog said:

    I've seen all of Shaw's games and the majority of JFFs and couldn't agree more. Of course, that'll be discredited since I'm an obvious homer. JFF's flash gets him the nod, that's it - nothing else.

    And his Heisman. And his 63 TD passes in 2 years. And his 172.1 QB rating last season, which was higher than Shaw's 162.9 rating. And his 5 TD's against Alabama. And his 70% completion percentage against SEC defenses. Those all probably help him get the nod, too.

    Manziel threw more TD passes in his freshman year than Shaw did in any year, including his senior. Manziel threw more TD passes last year than Shaw did in his first three years. Shaw is a solid QB. Manziel is a better QB.

    By the way, I'm a Gamecock fan.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And his Heisman. And his 63 TD passes in 2 years. And his 172.1 QB rating last season, which was higher than Shaw's 162.9 rating. And his 5 TD's against Alabama. And his 70% completion percentage against SEC defenses. Those all probably help him get the nod, too.

    Manziel threw more TD passes in his freshman year than Shaw did in any year, including his senior. Manziel threw more TD passes last year than Shaw did in his first three years. Shaw is a solid QB. Manziel is a better QB.

    Those are some very impressive stats. Hey, wasn't Colt McCoy "the winningest QB in NCAA history"? That's a very impressive stat too.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And his Heisman. And his 63 TD passes in 2 years. And his 172.1 QB rating last season, which was higher than Shaw's 162.9 rating. And his 5 TD's against Alabama. And his 70% completion percentage against SEC defenses. Those all probably help him get the nod, too.

    Manziel threw more TD passes in his freshman year than Shaw did in any year, including his senior. Manziel threw more TD passes last year than Shaw did in his first three years. Shaw is a solid QB. Manziel is a better QB.

    Those are some very impressive stats. Hey, wasn't Colt McCoy "the winningest QB in NCAA history"? That's a very impressive stat too.

    @d-bone said:

    Those are some very impressive stats. Hey, wasn't Colt McCoy "the winningest QB in NCAA history"? That's a very impressive stat too.

    Yes he was. And he, too, would probably beat out Connor Shaw on the depth chart.

  • @d-bone said:

    Those are some very impressive stats. Hey, wasn't Colt McCoy "the winningest QB in NCAA history"? That's a very impressive stat too.

    Yes he was. And he, too, would probably beat out Connor Shaw on the depth chart.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Yes he was. And he, too, would probably beat out Connor Shaw on the depth chart.

    Probably. But thanks for confirming that college stats guarantee success in the NFL. Oh, wait............

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Yes he was. And he, too, would probably beat out Connor Shaw on the depth chart.

    Probably. But thanks for confirming that college stats guarantee success in the NFL. Oh, wait............

    @d-bone said:

    Probably. But thanks for confirming that college stats guarantee success in the NFL. Oh, wait............

    Nobody ever said they did. In fact, I think you'll find that I've always said the opposite.