Connor Shaw
-
Longtime Browns fan here living in South Carolina. First-time post. I just wanted to let you all know that Manziel may not be the best QB the Browns picked up this month. Connor Shaw, who signed as an undrafted free agent, is a serious contender for the job. He's faster than Manziel and won about the same amount of games in the SEC. This past season Shaw notched a 162 passer rating and a 24-1 TD-INT ratio en route to leading South Carolina to an 11-2 record and No. 4 final AP ranking. The guy is tough as nails, an incredibly hard worker and a leader. Unlike Manziel, he's straight-laced and all business. In fact, he recently got engaged to his high school sweetheart. (The word down here is that Cleveland signed him partially to help keep Manziel out of trouble this summer.) However the QB situation shakes out, the competition just got a lot tougher for Johnny Football and Hoyer.
Longtime Browns fan here living in South Carolina. First-time post. I just wanted to let you all know that Manziel may not be the best QB the Browns picked up this month. Connor Shaw, who signed as an undrafted free agent, is a serious contender for the job. He's faster than Manziel and won about the same amount of games in the SEC. This past season Shaw notched a 162 passer rating and a 24-1 TD-INT ratio en route to leading South Carolina to an 11-2 record and No. 4 final AP ranking. The guy is tough as nails, an incredibly hard worker and a leader. Unlike Manziel, he's straight-laced and all business. In fact, he recently got engaged to his high school sweetheart. (The word down here is that Cleveland signed him partially to help keep Manziel out of trouble this summer.) However the QB situation shakes out, the competition just got a lot tougher for Johnny Football and Hoyer.
That is your Garnett and Black glasses talking. Though, I have no problem if this guy does well.
-
Some Chic-fil-a somewhere down south just exploded.
Are you saying that the Chic-fil-A corporation doesn't condone the gay lifestyle? I don't know about that, but, the do make a good Chicken sandwich.
-
Until yesterday, Conner Shaw was the toughest Quarterback, in the toughest (college) conference in the country, period.
Now, he is a Cleveland Brown.
Yes, he is tougher than Manziel. In game situations or otherwise. Besides the fact, that Shaw outperformed Manziel, and Teddy Twatwater in every catagory of the NFL combine.
No one over 5 years old, can deny that Shaw is a winner. He is as tough as they come, and proved it everytime he stepped on the field. He will do the same for the Cleveland Browns.
I do agree , Shaw does not have THE strongest arm, THE best mobility, is not THE biggest, and not THE smartest. However, Shaw has what Manziel does not, .... GUTS.
Shaw's arm is Strong enough, his Mobility is Good enough, he is Big enough, and he is Smart enough. Yes, SHAW the former Quarterback of (South Carolina) the #4 college team in the country IS tougher Manziel . He does not run around like a pansy. He will knock the shit out of whoever stands between him, and that extra yard, or endzone.
No wonder Manziel is looking over his shoulder, he better. Go Browns!
Until yesterday, Conner Shaw was the toughest Quarterback, in the toughest (college) conference in the country, period.
Now, he is a Cleveland Brown.
Yes, he is tougher than Manziel. In game situations or otherwise. Besides the fact, that Shaw outperformed Manziel, and Teddy Twatwater in every catagory of the NFL combine.
No one over 5 years old, can deny that Shaw is a winner. He is as tough as they come, and proved it everytime he stepped on the field. He will do the same for the Cleveland Browns.
I do agree , Shaw does not have THE strongest arm, THE best mobility, is not THE biggest, and not THE smartest. However, Shaw has what Manziel does not, .... GUTS.
Shaw's arm is Strong enough, his Mobility is Good enough, he is Big enough, and he is Smart enough. Yes, SHAW the former Quarterback of (South Carolina) the #4 college team in the country IS tougher Manziel . He does not run around like a pansy. He will knock the shit out of whoever stands between him, and that extra yard, or endzone.
No wonder Manziel is looking over his shoulder, he better. Go Browns!
OK, if he turns into the next Tom Brady and win 3 Super Bowls with the Browns, I am OK with all that.
But...I won't hold my breath for that to happen.
-
Until yesterday, Conner Shaw was the toughest Quarterback, in the toughest (college) conference in the country, period.
Now, he is a Cleveland Brown.
Yes, he is tougher than Manziel. In game situations or otherwise. Besides the fact, that Shaw outperformed Manziel, and Teddy Twatwater in every catagory of the NFL combine.
No one over 5 years old, can deny that Shaw is a winner. He is as tough as they come, and proved it everytime he stepped on the field. He will do the same for the Cleveland Browns.
I do agree , Shaw does not have THE strongest arm, THE best mobility, is not THE biggest, and not THE smartest. However, Shaw has what Manziel does not, .... GUTS.
Shaw's arm is Strong enough, his Mobility is Good enough, he is Big enough, and he is Smart enough. Yes, SHAW the former Quarterback of (South Carolina) the #4 college team in the country IS tougher Manziel . He does not run around like a pansy. He will knock the shit out of whoever stands between him, and that extra yard, or endzone.
No wonder Manziel is looking over his shoulder, he better. Go Browns!
OK, if he turns into the next Tom Brady and win 3 Super Bowls with the Browns, I am OK with all that.
But...I won't hold my breath for that to happen.
OK, if he turns into the next Tom Brady and win 3 Super Bowls with the Browns, I am OK with all that.
But...I won't hold my breath for that to happen.
Since Cleveland has never made it to the Super Bowl, I'm willing to bet you guys will be swapping cum if anyone leads the Browns to the SB, let alone win one. Winning Three? lmao!
-
OK, if he turns into the next Tom Brady and win 3 Super Bowls with the Browns, I am OK with all that.
But...I won't hold my breath for that to happen.
Since Cleveland has never made it to the Super Bowl, I'm willing to bet you guys will be swapping cum if anyone leads the Browns to the SB, let alone win one. Winning Three? lmao!
Since Cleveland has never made it to the Super Bowl, I'm willing to bet you guys will be swapping cum if anyone leads the Browns to the SB, let alone win one. Winning Three? lmao!
Lookie here! A toothless shittsburgh fan!
-
I like Shaw as a udfa. If he was all that he wouldn't have been undrafted though.
-
improvising and making plays does not work in the NFL?
Is this serious?
call Barry Sanders and tell him those side steps and spin moves that he improvised didn't work.
I get what you're trying to say, but what you're actually saying is dribble. You're saying it to take away from something that is legit against your boy and for Johnny. Johnny has amazing instincts. Yes, that gap will close as it did from high school to college, but that ability isn't going away. Improvisation works in the NFL. You have to improvise to succeed in the NFL. You have to have good instincts to succeed in the NFL.
That's called being a playmaker.
Essentially, you're holding a skill against Johnny. It's silly.
-
"improvising"
Biggest DRAFT word in this year's draft.
Pure BS.....
As a QB, the only reason you need to "improvise" is because you don't understand the coverage and don't know where to go with the ball.
Only the dumb/average fan falls for it.
-
So if the center falls on his ass, or a tackle misses his block you don't have to improvise?
-
Of course being able to improvise is a good thing. Certainly would prefer to have it versus not. Problem is when its your primary attribute - sign of bigger weaknesses in your game.
-
"improvising"
Biggest DRAFT word in this year's draft.
Pure BS.....
As a QB, the only reason you need to "improvise" is because you don't understand the coverage and don't know where to go with the ball.
Only the dumb/average fan falls for it.
"improvising"
Biggest DRAFT word in this year's draft.
Pure BS.....
As a QB, the only reason you need to "improvise" is because you don't understand the coverage and don't know where to go with the ball.
Only the dumb/average fan falls for it.
In madden perhaps but in real life, shit happens. Plays break down all of the time. Miscommunications happen, both along the line, between QB's and WR, a RB missing a blocking assignment etc, etc. Wasn't it Walsh who talked about how a QB needs improvisational skills to succeed in the NFL? But hey what does he know.
-
Browser hates me, cant post a link any other way.
But I'
m not going to hold this against Johnny. Guy lead the nation in 3rd down conversion.
97.0 QB rating on 3rd down.
-
I like Shaw as well. If he sticks with the Browns, he is probably a practice squad guy. I doubt we keep 2 rooks behind Hoyer this season. I hope he does.
Next year I'd like to see Hoyer, Manziel, and Shaw on the team.
-
The more I think about it this is actually a great sign for the Browns. I see him being Johnny's eventual back-up, and if Johnny has success, he becomes great trade bait/backup. Also, he's currently not on a rivals scout team playing the role of Johnny. Maybe he got extra cash for that fact.
-
OK, if he turns into the next Tom Brady and win 3 Super Bowls with the Browns, I am OK with all that.
But...I won't hold my breath for that to happen.
Since Cleveland has never made it to the Super Bowl, I'm willing to bet you guys will be swapping cum if anyone leads the Browns to the SB, let alone win one. Winning Three? lmao!
Since Cleveland has never made it to the Super Bowl, I'm willing to bet you guys will be swapping cum if anyone leads the Browns to the SB, let alone win one. Winning Three? lmao!
I suspect that you will swap cum with anyone......that's it, just anyone.
And yes, it would be nice to attain the 14th, 15th and 16th titles for the Cleveland area.
-
I am going to be really rooting for Connor Shaw. Productive SEC quarterback.
63.4 completion %
24 TD's 1 Int
32 Starts at South Carolina 17-0 at home
Nice to see the Browns get a franchise QB of the future. It is even better that they were able to get him as an Undrafted Free Agent.
It is tough to find talent at the QB position these days.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login