What is on your grill today.
-
Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.
Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.
Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?
-
Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.
Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?
Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?
Honestly I do not know, MY father in law worked out of Cincy for CSX railroad and he retired in March, but he would always bring these steaks up from Kentucky. They come 2 in a vacuum sealed pack.They are of a ribeye cut, and about 10oz each. I have tried to find them online to with no luck, I guess its just some local thing down there. They are the best damn steaks though. I have 2 boxes coming to me before I transfer to Virginia.
-
@walterwhite said:
Do you guys cook on propane or prefer the good hardwood charcoal method?
Charcoal with apple wood chunks.
-
I use gas. Mesquite and a bit of Pecan wood.
I've got a Char-broil Infra-red grill that I really like. It's more like an oven, I suppose.
-
Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?
Honestly I do not know, MY father in law worked out of Cincy for CSX railroad and he retired in March, but he would always bring these steaks up from Kentucky. They come 2 in a vacuum sealed pack.They are of a ribeye cut, and about 10oz each. I have tried to find them online to with no luck, I guess its just some local thing down there. They are the best damn steaks though. I have 2 boxes coming to me before I transfer to Virginia.
Honestly I do not know, MY father in law worked out of Cincy for CSX railroad and he retired in March, but he would always bring these steaks up from Kentucky. They come 2 in a vacuum sealed pack.They are of a ribeye cut, and about 10oz each. I have tried to find them online to with no luck, I guess its just some local thing down there. They are the best damn steaks though. I have 2 boxes coming to me before I transfer to Virginia.
Gotcha
Angus Burgers, Bacon and Swiss Sausages, Bush's Baked Beans. Smores and marshmallows on the fire.
Bacon and Swiss Sausages .............. Damn good.
I'm gas here. Just too easy.
-
Actually, it's been a busy weekend...
Saturday, I deep fried 2 turkeys.
Yesterday, grilled steaks for 10.
Today was easiest & one of my favorites...Hebrew National dogs on the grill. Just a leisurely day for the Bride & me.
I use a gas grill mostly, but also the deep fryer for turkeys, etc & my smoker..on that, I use charcoal, soaked hickory chunks, & apple juice in the water pan as I smoke brisket. I make my own sauces & rubs.
Mike
-
I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.
Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.
-
Have some kidney pie and smoke some fags.
-
I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.
Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.
I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.
Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.
England eh? Are you aware of this project?
-
I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...
-
Chicken breast with portabella mushrooms, red peppers and onions......but it was not on my grill. I did what most red blooded Americans do: I went out.
-
I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.
Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.
England eh? Are you aware of this project?
TyperWoods said:
England eh? Are you aware of this project?
Not aware of it, nope.
I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...
Three days to install windows? I suggest Linux, much faster...I'll get my coat.
-
I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...
I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...
Hoorta- it's always steaks- NY strip preferably. I can get dry aged top choice from http://thepineclub.com/ for home cooking. Weber grill- gas- blast furnace heat. Only way to cook 'em. in case you're wondering - the Pine Club's grill is 90,000 BTU- top heat- enough to heat a fair sized house. But IMO Ruth Chris' taking it to 1,200 degrees is over the top.
-
I barbqued some Korean bbq rib cuts. pretty good. already marinated from the butcher shop. added some soy sauce and seasoning.
-
I had to work, of course, playing up at the keys at put in bay but I did stop fat heads brewery and saloon on the way home and had a couple headhunters and a burger with an egg on it.
My Grill at home is an ancient gas Weber which I am loathe to get rid of since it still works fine even after sitting out all winter without a cover.
I've never heard of Swiss sausages what they sound good...
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login