Skip to content

What is on your grill today.

The Browns Board
54 24 1.6k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Did the grill thing on Friday (pork ribs).

    Monday was the brisket that went into the oven Sunday nite for a low (250 degF) and slow (15 hours) cook. Will continue to enjoy its fall-apart tenderness most of this week.

  • tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

  • I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tml1138 said:

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    I was painting my daughters room. LOL damn honey dues.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #28

    Chicken breast with portabella mushrooms, red peppers and onions......but it was not on my grill. I did what most red blooded Americans do: I went out.

  • @gftchris said:

    I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    England eh? Are you aware of this project?

    http://footballosophy.com/

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #29

    TyperWoods said:

    England eh? Are you aware of this project?

    http://footballosophy.com/

    Not aware of it, nope.

    @tml1138 said:

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    Three days to install windows? I suggest Linux, much faster...I'll get my coat.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Chicken Thighs and legs

  • I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tml1138 said:

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    Hoorta- it's always steaks- NY strip preferably. I can get dry aged top choice from http://thepineclub.com/ for home cooking. Weber grill- gas- blast furnace heat. Only way to cook 'em. in case you're wondering - the Pine Club's grill is 90,000 BTU- top heat- enough to heat a fair sized house. But IMO Ruth Chris' taking it to 1,200 degrees is over the top.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #32

    I barbqued some Korean bbq rib cuts. pretty good. already marinated from the butcher shop. added some soy sauce and seasoning.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #33

    I had to work, of course, playing up at the keys at put in bay but I did stop fat heads brewery and saloon on the way home and had a couple headhunters and a burger with an egg on it.

    My Grill at home is an ancient gas Weber which I am loathe to get rid of since it still works fine even after sitting out all winter without a cover.

    I've never heard of Swiss sausages what they sound good...

    WSS

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #34

    I prefer a charcoal grill to gas any day.

  • I prefer a charcoal grill to gas any day.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I prefer a charcoal grill to gas any day.

    I agree with you. It's just that gas is so much less a pain in the ass and if you let them get dirty enough it's a pretty similar effect.

    😉

    I do have one of those metal boxes to put soaked wood chips in which is nice.

    WSS

  • I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @gftchris said:

    I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    Still, curries are great aren't they...

  • @gftchris said:

    I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    Still, curries are great aren't they...

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @londonbrown said:

    Still, curries are great aren't they...

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

  • @tml1138 said:

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    I was painting my daughters room. LOL damn honey dues.

    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @lbc-mike said:

    I was painting my daughters room. LOL damn honey dues.

    Indeed lol.

    @gftchris said:

    Not aware of it, nope.

    Three days to install windows? I suggest Linux, much faster...I'll get my coat.

    Ha! I got a look at Linux one time about ten years ago. A programmer friend of mine sold me a computer cheap, and it was installed on it. I think I messed around with it for about five minutes before I said ok, let me get the Windows install CD out...

    I've always had gas grills. Good enough for me. I think it's more important to have quality food and the right person grilling. A friend of mine insists charcoal is the only way to go. Well I've had his burgers done his way. He's cheap and isn't as good of a griller so I found nothing special about them.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I love the Korean/Japanese style curry rice.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Still, curries are great aren't they...

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @gftchris said:

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

    Agree totally. My local is decent if you eat in but any takeaway is basically the same now

  • @gftchris said:

    To be honest I love a good curry but they're all becoming a bit samey and bland these days. Struggling to find a really good one.

    Agree totally. My local is decent if you eat in but any takeaway is basically the same now

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @londonbrown said:

    Agree totally. My local is decent if you eat in but any takeaway is basically the same now

    I'm out for a curry tonight with my brother, we're going to a nepalese place in balham - been there a couple of times, it's actually pretty decent for eating in.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    I love good curry, good Indian food in general. I spend a lot of time on business in the Toronto area and finding good Indian food is easy. Not something I can find at home in small midwest Ohio lol.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Bob Evans sweet Italian sausage on the grill. Then to the drive in.

  • Bob Evans sweet Italian sausage on the grill. Then to the drive in.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @cambridgeho said:

    Bob Evans sweet Italian sausage on the grill. Then to the drive in.

    Drive in? Sweet! Just finished grilled Mahi Mahi, and asparagus here.