TEAM AMERICA: World Cup
-
So Belgium, Argentina, The Netherlands, and France are all that lies between us and the title. Hrmph.
So Belgium, Argentina, The Netherlands, and France are all that lies between us and the title. Hrmph.
I am afraid that Germany will blitzkrieg those nations, just like 1940.
-
That was nerve racking and I didn't even care about the two teams lol
My uneducated thinking on the Brazil- Chile match. If you're going to play all that time, and go down to penalty kicks- at least make it like tennis- you gotta win by 2.
My uneducated thinking on the Brazil- Chile match. If you're going to play all that time, and go down to penalty kicks- at least make it like tennis- you gotta win by 2.
Just an ignorant, stupid gimmick to get a game over with. They should play until someone scores. That is how they do it in real sports. Like Hockey.
It would make teams far more aggressive at attempting to score. Right now there is too much laying back.
-
Zombo said:
It's always fun to root for the USA, like Mik says, especially when we are an underdog.
The gay part is flopping and writhing in pain anytime someone touches your shoulder. C'mon Man.
I didnt sit through any games but I caught bits and pieces and rooted for the USA.
In the end, they lost two, tied one and beat a small Third World country by one goal.
Still a ways to go.
1980 Hockey Team is still The Great American Sports Story.
Soccer will continue on in the suburbs and the hispanic neighborhoods ... but it wont see my TV for another 4 years.
Z
your loss
you also will be in a shrinking group
also hard for you to make any comments, when you say you didnt sit through any games...
your loss
you also will be in a shrinking group
also hard for you to make any comments, when you say you didnt sit through any games...
Eliminate the offside rule. It promotes lazy defense, and the refs get it wrong at least 50% of the time and disallow goals that should count, or they allow goals that shouldn't. I watched enough of these game to still see absolutely no reason for that rule.
Eliminate the stupid penalty kicks......have them play the real game until someone wins. Or else just eliminate the actual way the game is played and just have each team take penalty kicks. First one to 100 wins.
Allow for more free substitution. Players will be fresher, you could use an entire roster, and the game will move faster.
-
Again, your "analysis" of the offsides rule just shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
-
Again, your "analysis" of the offsides rule just shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
Again, your "analysis" of the offsides rule just shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
I know what the rule is about....and I see that in fact it rewards lazy and incompetent defense in many many cases.
As for the officials getting wrong half the time....I simply need to listen to the commentators who are constantly pointing out that the officials are getting it wrong all the time.
-
-
When was the last time Germany killed the collective hopes and dreams of so many people?
-
Again, your "analysis" of the offsides rule just shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
I know what the rule is about....and I see that in fact it rewards lazy and incompetent defense in many many cases.
As for the officials getting wrong half the time....I simply need to listen to the commentators who are constantly pointing out that the officials are getting it wrong all the time.
I know what the rule is about....and I see that in fact it rewards lazy and incompetent defense in many many cases.
That's wrong. I'm also guessing you haven't watched or played in enough games to use the phrase "many cases".
-
God bless the Fatherland!
-
Again, your "analysis" of the offsides rule just shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
I know what the rule is about....and I see that in fact it rewards lazy and incompetent defense in many many cases.
As for the officials getting wrong half the time....I simply need to listen to the commentators who are constantly pointing out that the officials are getting it wrong all the time.
I know what the rule is about....and I see that in fact it rewards lazy and incompetent defense in many many cases.
As for the officials getting wrong half the time....I simply need to listen to the commentators who are constantly pointing out that the officials are getting it wrong all the time.
It punishes lazy and incompetent defenses, and rewards those that are well drilled enough to be able to hold a line.
Example: you would traditionally have four defenders; the rule generally means that there needs to be at least one defender between you and the goal (assuming the goalkeeper is there) - or level with you; if you have your four defenders in a straight line, then all attackers must be behind the defensive line. If you have a crooked looking line - picture one of the middle guys being 2 yards ahead, for example - then the guy he is marking can have that 2 yards head start because the rest of the defensive line is in line with him, so he's onside.
Without the offside rule in place, the striker can stand as far up the pitch as he likes, while the other team attacks, waiting for the keeper to get the ball and punt it to him...
Side note: this isn't a part of the game that anyone would consider 'beautiful' - it doesn't take any real skill or talent to kick the ball as far as you can to get it to the attacker and then for him to score like that. When I'm playing 5-a-side, where there are no offsides, nobody really enjoys scoring those goals. It's not what you play for.
Back on track...that meant that at least one defender (probably two) had to stay back with him, and that meant that the team as a whole became more split, and you would have defenders specialising in only defensive play. Now, with the rule in place, you can move everyone higher up the pitch, resulting in the evolution of defenders from purely destructive players to having the ability to take a full part in the offensive element of the game as well, becoming much more technically adept and thus improving the overall attacking quality of the team.
So not only does the offside rule eliminate the boring goals, it also had the side effect of improving the quality of the game. Similarly, the elimination of the backpass improved the ball skills of the goal keeper since he couldn't just use his hands, while also cutting down on time wasting.
I hope this helps you to understand the positive impact of the offside rule - if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.
-
Well, they say a pictures tells a thousand words:
Gay as hell.
-
Well, they say a pictures tells a thousand words:
Gay as hell.
Well, they say a pictures tells a thousand words:
Gay as hell.
Damn straight. Men should not touch other men. If you absolutely have to, make sure it's a handshake. With gloves on, preferably.
Thank god real american men play a sport where they dress up in spandex, wear a load of padding and wait for one man to reach under another man's ass and grab a ball before running for 20 seconds and then having a break.
Perspective is everything.
-
Well, they say a pictures tells a thousand words:
Gay as hell.
Damn straight. Men should not touch other men. If you absolutely have to, make sure it's a handshake. With gloves on, preferably.
Thank god real american men play a sport where they dress up in spandex, wear a load of padding and wait for one man to reach under another man's ass and grab a ball before running for 20 seconds and then having a break.
Perspective is everything.
Damn straight. Men should not touch other men. If you absolutely have to, make sure it's a handshake. With gloves on, preferably.
Thank god real american men play a sport where they dress up in spandex, wear a load of padding and wait for one man to reach under another man's ass and grab a ball before running for 20 seconds and then having a break.
Perspective is everything.
You mad?
-
Well put about the offsides rule. His assessment that it promoted lazy defense could not be more wrong. I've played defense my entire life, offsides is just another element I need to consider. Also, completely opening the game up and turning it into kickball would ruin it.
But, like we've said before, his limited knowledge of the game isn't stopping him from trying to impose rule changes. Though it should, because he has no idea what he's talking about.
-
Damn straight. Men should not touch other men. If you absolutely have to, make sure it's a handshake. With gloves on, preferably.
Thank god real american men play a sport where they dress up in spandex, wear a load of padding and wait for one man to reach under another man's ass and grab a ball before running for 20 seconds and then having a break.
Perspective is everything.
You mad?
You mad?
Nope, just pointing out the perspective thing. I'm aware that in america it's seen as a girly sport. Not a big deal to me, because I (and the rest of the world) know otherwise.
-
Well, they say a pictures tells a thousand words:
Gay as hell.
Well, they say a pictures tells a thousand words:
Gay as hell.
As a smart dude as you are I find it funny that you can't see why it is seen as a "gay" sport in the USA. Because the big 3 want you to think that way to have the already dwindling (not NFL) attendance and TV ratings to have their market share cut into to more. I thought you were smarter than that dude. What other reason do 5 billion people outside of the USA don't have the short vision like you fags do?
-
Well, they say a pictures tells a thousand words:
Gay as hell.
As a smart dude as you are I find it funny that you can't see why it is seen as a "gay" sport in the USA. Because the big 3 want you to think that way to have the already dwindling (not NFL) attendance and TV ratings to have their market share cut into to more. I thought you were smarter than that dude. What other reason do 5 billion people outside of the USA don't have the short vision like you fags do?
As a smart dude as you are I find it funny that you can't see why it is seen as a "gay" sport in the USA. Because the big 3 want you to think that way to have the already dwindling (not NFL) attendance and TV ratings to have their market share cut into to more. I thought you were smarter than that dude. What other reason do 5 billion people outside of the USA don't have the short vision like you fags do?
Just playing Kosar, just playing.
-
I know what the rule is about....and I see that in fact it rewards lazy and incompetent defense in many many cases.
That's wrong. I'm also guessing you haven't watched or played in enough games to use the phrase "many cases".
That's wrong. I'm also guessing you haven't watched or played in enough games to use the phrase "many cases".
I have seen these games....and they are supposed to be the best of the best.....and in these games, the refs are constantly getting it wrong.
-
That's wrong. I'm also guessing you haven't watched or played in enough games to use the phrase "many cases".
I have seen these games....and they are supposed to be the best of the best.....and in these games, the refs are constantly getting it wrong.
I have seen these games....and they are supposed to be the best of the best.....and in these games, the refs are constantly getting it wrong.
The world cup does not produce the best football. These teams are thrown together a few times a year to play, as opposed to the domestic teams that play together every day.
Imagine there's a tournament in the offseason where each state picks a team of players from that state. They'll be NFL players, but because they don't get much time together, they can't really gel that well as a team. But still, everyone cheers like mad for their own state, because they're representing.
-
I know what the rule is about....and I see that in fact it rewards lazy and incompetent defense in many many cases.
As for the officials getting wrong half the time....I simply need to listen to the commentators who are constantly pointing out that the officials are getting it wrong all the time.
It punishes lazy and incompetent defenses, and rewards those that are well drilled enough to be able to hold a line.
Example: you would traditionally have four defenders; the rule generally means that there needs to be at least one defender between you and the goal (assuming the goalkeeper is there) - or level with you; if you have your four defenders in a straight line, then all attackers must be behind the defensive line. If you have a crooked looking line - picture one of the middle guys being 2 yards ahead, for example - then the guy he is marking can have that 2 yards head start because the rest of the defensive line is in line with him, so he's onside.
Without the offside rule in place, the striker can stand as far up the pitch as he likes, while the other team attacks, waiting for the keeper to get the ball and punt it to him...
Side note: this isn't a part of the game that anyone would consider 'beautiful' - it doesn't take any real skill or talent to kick the ball as far as you can to get it to the attacker and then for him to score like that. When I'm playing 5-a-side, where there are no offsides, nobody really enjoys scoring those goals. It's not what you play for.
Back on track...that meant that at least one defender (probably two) had to stay back with him, and that meant that the team as a whole became more split, and you would have defenders specialising in only defensive play. Now, with the rule in place, you can move everyone higher up the pitch, resulting in the evolution of defenders from purely destructive players to having the ability to take a full part in the offensive element of the game as well, becoming much more technically adept and thus improving the overall attacking quality of the team.
So not only does the offside rule eliminate the boring goals, it also had the side effect of improving the quality of the game. Similarly, the elimination of the backpass improved the ball skills of the goal keeper since he couldn't just use his hands, while also cutting down on time wasting.
I hope this helps you to understand the positive impact of the offside rule - if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.
It punishes lazy and incompetent defenses, and rewards those that are well drilled enough to be able to hold a line.
Example: you would traditionally have four defenders; the rule generally means that there needs to be at least one defender between you and the goal (assuming the goalkeeper is there) - or level with you; if you have your four defenders in a straight line, then all attackers must be behind the defensive line. If you have a crooked looking line - picture one of the middle guys being 2 yards ahead, for example - then the guy he is marking can have that 2 yards head start because the rest of the defensive line is in line with him, so he's onside.
You are looking at if from the defensive point of view....from an offensive point of view, if an attacker can surpass a defender....you know...outrun him, then it should be up to the defender to keep up with the attacker. It is the attacker that is punished for the defender being slow and stupid.
Without the offside rule in place, the striker can stand as far up the pitch as he likes, while the other team attacks, waiting for the keeper to get the ball and punt it to him...
Yea, and I see nothing wrong...at all...with that. If a striker stands that far up the pitch...then you defend him.
It is just like cherry picking in basketball. If a team leaves a guy back up court or back upfield, then that is one less person they have to pay defense....and usually the defense pays for that. But if a guy is going to cherry pick....then you cover the cherry picker. And if you have ever played basketball sometimes you know that the method of covering that cherry picker is with a forearm shiver. He will get the idea that he should not cherry pick.
Side note: this isn't a part of the game that anyone would consider 'beautiful' - it doesn't take any real skill or talent to kick the ball as far as you can to get it to the attacker and then for him to score like that. When I'm playing 5-a-side, where there are no offsides, nobody really enjoys scoring those goals. It's not what you play for.
What the fuck if the goalie? A potted plant?
If you are going to have game decided by fucking stupid penalty kicks, then what you would get in your scenario is essentially penalty kicks that come in the natural course of action rather than through some end of game gimmick. Does no one really enjoy scoring penalty kicks? They would enjoy them as much if they came in the course of the game as much as at the end of the game.
And in my scheme, you would truly, rarely ever need the gimmick of penalty kick decision making.
Back on track...that meant that at least one defender (probably two) had to stay back with him, and that meant that the team as a whole became more split, and you would have defenders specialising in only defensive play. Now, with the rule in place, you can move everyone higher up the pitch, resulting in the evolution of defenders from purely destructive players to having the ability to take a full part in the offensive element of the game as well, becoming much more technically adept and thus improving the overall attacking quality of the team.
So not only does the offside rule eliminate the boring goals, it also had the side effect of improving the quality of the game. Similarly, the elimination of the backpass improved the ball skills of the goal keeper since he couldn't just use his hands, while also cutting down on time wasting.
I hope this helps you to understand the positive impact of the offside rule - if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login