Skip to content

No Huddle Bubble

The Browns Board
28 9 1.4k
  • Hmmm-this is almost funny: "Part of the no-huddle process for the Browns on offense is shrinking the 18-word play calls to just two or three. These plays are coded inside the game plan."

    You are aware that Johnny now has two years experience running the no huddle exactly this way plus some hand signals to augment when change of play is dictated by the defense seen.

    Are we being tipped off that the Browns are definitely adjusting to the player?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Are we being tipped off that the Browns are definitely adjusting to the player?

    Sigh...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Hmmm-this is almost funny: "Part of the no-huddle process for the Browns on offense is shrinking the 18-word play calls to just two or three. These plays are coded inside the game plan."

    You are aware that Johnny now has two years experience running the no huddle exactly this way plus some hand signals to augment when change of play is dictated by the defense seen.

    Are we being tipped off that the Browns are definitely adjusting to the player?

    Why wouldn't they?

    @the-gipper said:

    Why wouldn't they?

    Because they say they have not decided yet on a QB, but this kind of offense is designed specifically for JF and not Hoyer, whose main experience is in the typical 18 word play coming out of a huddle.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why wouldn't they?

    Because they say they have not decided yet on a QB, but this kind of offense is designed specifically for JF and not Hoyer, whose main experience is in the typical 18 word play coming out of a huddle.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Because they say they have not decided yet on a QB, but this kind of offense is designed specifically for JF and not Hoyer, whose main experience is in the typical 18 word play coming out of a huddle.

    Double sigh...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why wouldn't they?

    Because they say they have not decided yet on a QB, but this kind of offense is designed specifically for JF and not Hoyer, whose main experience is in the typical 18 word play coming out of a huddle.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Because they say they have not decided yet on a QB, but this kind of offense is designed specifically for JF and not Hoyer, whose main experience is in the typical 18 word play coming out of a huddle.

    Well, just because they may "dumb it down" for JFF doesn't mean that he is getting the nod. I expect that Hoyer could operate with the dumbed down play calls as well.

    Again, don't think that this is the sign of the Rapture just yet.

    We don't know even if Debbie Harry is warming up her vocal chords.

  • Seems like the Browns are getting up to speed on what Johnny has to offer. Manziel ran one of the fastest-paced offenses in the NCAA the last 2 years. I think you will see more of the same, and getting Manziel into his comfort zone and exploiting what he does well will only add to the potential of what this offense can do with Manziel running it. He is very comfortable pushing the tempo to the max and I think it's a big part of his success, so why not? That's where football is headed anyways, more no huddle and more uptempo. Until the NFL decides to put the brakes on it with rule changes, you can't deny the added advantages it brings and having someone like JF running it adds another dimension to what the opposing defenses have to defend and prepare for.

  • triple sigh....

  • triple sigh....

    @miktoxic said:

    triple sigh....

    ... and still managed to stick the landing...

    @wudupdawg said:

    Seems like the Browns are getting up to speed on what Johnny has to offer. Manziel ran one of the fastest-paced offenses in the NCAA the last 2 years. I think you will see more of the same, and getting Manziel into his comfort zone and exploiting what he does well will only add to the potential of what this offense can do with Manziel running it. He is very comfortable pushing the tempo to the max and I think it's a big part of his success, so why not? That's where football is headed anyways, more no huddle and more uptempo. Until the NFL decides to put the brakes on it with rule changes, you can't deny the added advantages it brings and having someone like JF running it adds another dimension to what the opposing defenses have to defend and prepare for.

    Sure... cause BH can't handle a hurry up... too tall...

    same reason that Big Ben can't...

    or Nick Foles...

    or...

    Sigh...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Because they say they have not decided yet on a QB, but this kind of offense is designed specifically for JF and not Hoyer, whose main experience is in the typical 18 word play coming out of a huddle.

    Well, just because they may "dumb it down" for JFF doesn't mean that he is getting the nod. I expect that Hoyer could operate with the dumbed down play calls as well.

    Again, don't think that this is the sign of the Rapture just yet.

    We don't know even if Debbie Harry is warming up her vocal chords.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, just because they may "dumb it down" for JFF doesn't mean that he is getting the nod. I expect that Hoyer could operate with the dumbed down play calls as well.

    Again, don't think that this is the sign of the Rapture just yet.

    We don't know even if Debbie Harry is warming up her vocal chords.

    You probably lost half the board with the Blondie reference.

  • I got the reference, but didn't know she had gained a lot of weight. Is that where you were going with it?

  • I got the reference, but didn't know she had gained a lot of weight. Is that where you were going with it?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I got the reference, but didn't know she had gained a lot of weight. Is that where you were going with it?

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    Was a nice thread, Ibb, until the JM tea leave reading reared its head... again...

  • I am betting that the browns will name hoyer the starter not because he is better than manziel but because he is better groomed, has more poise and is less spontaneous than JR..

    Hoyer can work with the no huddle as well but he does not possess the true dual threat that manziel does and if our running game isnt broken he shouldnt need to..

  • I am betting that the browns will name hoyer the starter not because he is better than manziel but because he is better groomed, has more poise and is less spontaneous than JR..

    Hoyer can work with the no huddle as well but he does not possess the true dual threat that manziel does and if our running game isnt broken he shouldnt need to..

    @gips said:

    I am betting that the browns will name hoyer the starter not because he is better than manziel but because he is better groomed, has more poise and is less spontaneous than JR..

    Hoyer can work with the no huddle as well but he does not possess the true dual threat that manziel does and if our running game isnt broken he shouldnt need to..

    betting what?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, just because they may "dumb it down" for JFF doesn't mean that he is getting the nod. I expect that Hoyer could operate with the dumbed down play calls as well.

    Again, don't think that this is the sign of the Rapture just yet.

    We don't know even if Debbie Harry is warming up her vocal chords.

    You probably lost half the board with the Blondie reference.

    @dste-ace said:

    You probably lost half the board with the Blondie reference.

    I am glad that at least one person got it.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I got the reference, but didn't know she had gained a lot of weight. Is that where you were going with it?

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    Was a nice thread, Ibb, until the JM tea leave reading reared its head... again...

    @tour2ma said:

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    The same was true with Nancy Wilson of Heart....but now sometimes I think I see her hovering over sporting events.

  • Hmmm-this is almost funny: "Part of the no-huddle process for the Browns on offense is shrinking the 18-word play calls to just two or three. These plays are coded inside the game plan."

    You are aware that Johnny now has two years experience running the no huddle exactly this way plus some hand signals to augment when change of play is dictated by the defense seen.

    Are we being tipped off that the Browns are definitely adjusting to the player?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hmmm-this is almost funny: "Part of the no-huddle process for the Browns on offense is shrinking the 18-word play calls to just two or three. These plays are coded inside the game plan."

    You are aware that Johnny now has two years experience running the no huddle exactly this way plus some hand signals to augment when change of play is dictated by the defense seen.

    Are we being tipped off that the Browns are definitely adjusting to the player?

    Stop-Making-Me-Laugh-Youll-Make-Me-Puma-

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    The same was true with Nancy Wilson of Heart....but now sometimes I think I see her hovering over sporting events.

    Ashamed to admit it... but I chuckled at "puma pants"...

    @the-gipper said:

    @tour2ma said:

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    The same was true with Nancy Wilson of Heart....but now sometimes I think I see her hovering over sporting events.

    I was always more partial to Ann Wilson... So don't tell me I can't pick a winner! 😉

    The big question, however, is who caught my Videodrome reference?

  • Ashamed to admit it... but I chuckled at "puma pants"...

    @the-gipper said:

    @tour2ma said:

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    The same was true with Nancy Wilson of Heart....but now sometimes I think I see her hovering over sporting events.

    I was always more partial to Ann Wilson... So don't tell me I can't pick a winner! 😉

    The big question, however, is who caught my Videodrome reference?

    @tour2ma said:

    Ashamed to admit it... but I chuckled at "puma pants"...

    I was always more partial to Ann Wilson... So don't tell me I can't pick a winner! 😉

    The big question, however, is who caught my Videodrome reference?

    one of the first movies i saw on the breakthrough 'video disc' format. it was kinda cool from what i remember of it. like '83?

  • Why on earth would they be looking to change their offensive philosophy halfway through preseason camp? Surely it's not about fitting your system to exploit the talents of your players. Which other QB on the roster is experienced in pushing that kind of tempo, game in, game out, the entire game?

  • pphhhttttt!

  • pphhhttttt!

    @miktoxic said:

    pphhhttttt!

    LOL!