Skip to content

No Huddle Bubble

The Browns Board
28 9 1.4k
  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I got the reference, but didn't know she had gained a lot of weight. Is that where you were going with it?

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    Was a nice thread, Ibb, until the JM tea leave reading reared its head... again...

    @tour2ma said:

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    The same was true with Nancy Wilson of Heart....but now sometimes I think I see her hovering over sporting events.

  • Hmmm-this is almost funny: "Part of the no-huddle process for the Browns on offense is shrinking the 18-word play calls to just two or three. These plays are coded inside the game plan."

    You are aware that Johnny now has two years experience running the no huddle exactly this way plus some hand signals to augment when change of play is dictated by the defense seen.

    Are we being tipped off that the Browns are definitely adjusting to the player?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hmmm-this is almost funny: "Part of the no-huddle process for the Browns on offense is shrinking the 18-word play calls to just two or three. These plays are coded inside the game plan."

    You are aware that Johnny now has two years experience running the no huddle exactly this way plus some hand signals to augment when change of play is dictated by the defense seen.

    Are we being tipped off that the Browns are definitely adjusting to the player?

    Stop-Making-Me-Laugh-Youll-Make-Me-Puma-

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    The same was true with Nancy Wilson of Heart....but now sometimes I think I see her hovering over sporting events.

    Ashamed to admit it... but I chuckled at "puma pants"...

    @the-gipper said:

    @tour2ma said:

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    The same was true with Nancy Wilson of Heart....but now sometimes I think I see her hovering over sporting events.

    I was always more partial to Ann Wilson... So don't tell me I can't pick a winner! 😉

    The big question, however, is who caught my Videodrome reference?

  • Ashamed to admit it... but I chuckled at "puma pants"...

    @the-gipper said:

    @tour2ma said:

    Ah... but once upon a time Debbie was as hot as a cigarette burn...

    The same was true with Nancy Wilson of Heart....but now sometimes I think I see her hovering over sporting events.

    I was always more partial to Ann Wilson... So don't tell me I can't pick a winner! 😉

    The big question, however, is who caught my Videodrome reference?

    @tour2ma said:

    Ashamed to admit it... but I chuckled at "puma pants"...

    I was always more partial to Ann Wilson... So don't tell me I can't pick a winner! 😉

    The big question, however, is who caught my Videodrome reference?

    one of the first movies i saw on the breakthrough 'video disc' format. it was kinda cool from what i remember of it. like '83?

  • Why on earth would they be looking to change their offensive philosophy halfway through preseason camp? Surely it's not about fitting your system to exploit the talents of your players. Which other QB on the roster is experienced in pushing that kind of tempo, game in, game out, the entire game?

  • pphhhttttt!

  • pphhhttttt!

    @miktoxic said:

    pphhhttttt!

    LOL!

  • Why on earth would they be looking to change their offensive philosophy halfway through preseason camp? Surely it's not about fitting your system to exploit the talents of your players. Which other QB on the roster is experienced in pushing that kind of tempo, game in, game out, the entire game?

    @wudupdawg said:

    Why on earth would they be looking to change their offensive philosophy halfway through preseason camp? Surely it's not about fitting your system to exploit the talents of your players. Which other QB on the roster is experienced in pushing that kind of tempo, game in, game out, the entire game?

    Why does it have to be a change? Why not simply a build?

    If you look at Pettine's recent comments on the Hurry-up... it seems like a build to me. And it would make perfect sense to build the play calls to their umpteen word form before reducing to three, which does not strike me as a "simplification". Having to speak fewer words while having the same depth of understanding is not simpler. What may be simpler is that not all umpteen word play calls make it to the three word list.

    As for experience in the hurry up... JM has more, but it's not like traditional QBs can't adapt, e.g., Nick Foles, Big Ben. Every NFL team has had a 2-minute offense for as long as I can remember.

  • @wudupdawg said:

    Why on earth would they be looking to change their offensive philosophy halfway through preseason camp? Surely it's not about fitting your system to exploit the talents of your players. Which other QB on the roster is experienced in pushing that kind of tempo, game in, game out, the entire game?

    Why does it have to be a change? Why not simply a build?

    If you look at Pettine's recent comments on the Hurry-up... it seems like a build to me. And it would make perfect sense to build the play calls to their umpteen word form before reducing to three, which does not strike me as a "simplification". Having to speak fewer words while having the same depth of understanding is not simpler. What may be simpler is that not all umpteen word play calls make it to the three word list.

    As for experience in the hurry up... JM has more, but it's not like traditional QBs can't adapt, e.g., Nick Foles, Big Ben. Every NFL team has had a 2-minute offense for as long as I can remember.

    @tour2ma said:

    Why does it have to be a change? Why not simply a build?

    If you look at Pettine's recent comments on the Hurry-up... it seems like a build to me. And it would make perfect sense to build the play calls to their umpteen word form before reducing to three, which does not strike me as a "simplification". Having to speak fewer words while having the same depth of understanding is not simpler. What may be simpler is that not all umpteen word play calls make it to the three word list.

    As for experience in the hurry up... JM has more, but it's not like traditional QBs can't adapt, e.g., Nick Foles, Big Ben. Every NFL team has had a 2-minute offense for as long as I can remember.

    All good points. Three words is in fact more simple to communicate than 15, regardless of it's meaning. Build = change, but I don't want to get into semantics here, just calling it like I see it without the sugarcoating.

    But you are right, it doesn't make the offense more simple, just the manner in which it is communicated and executed, thus allowing for more speed in running the offense and getting the ball snapped quicker. Every second matters when you run a hurry up, the goal is to snap the ball before the defense can get comfortable and get set, also for substitution purposes and wearing down a defense. The quicker the offense, the bigger the advantage, if it's run correctly and the plays are executed. It puts the defense at a disadvantage. But running a two minute offense is not the same as running a hurry up offense at full speed for 60 minutes. It's not something that a QB can learn to run effectively in just a few practices. You have to be very well conditioned to push the tempo to the max play-in, play-out for entire games.

  • Clearly changes made for JM. They've already said he's the starter.

    Canton is currently creating a space for him in the HOF.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Why does it have to be a change? Why not simply a build?

    If you look at Pettine's recent comments on the Hurry-up... it seems like a build to me. And it would make perfect sense to build the play calls to their umpteen word form before reducing to three, which does not strike me as a "simplification". Having to speak fewer words while having the same depth of understanding is not simpler. What may be simpler is that not all umpteen word play calls make it to the three word list.

    As for experience in the hurry up... JM has more, but it's not like traditional QBs can't adapt, e.g., Nick Foles, Big Ben. Every NFL team has had a 2-minute offense for as long as I can remember.

    All good points. Three words is in fact more simple to communicate than 15, regardless of it's meaning. Build = change, but I don't want to get into semantics here, just calling it like I see it without the sugarcoating.

    But you are right, it doesn't make the offense more simple, just the manner in which it is communicated and executed, thus allowing for more speed in running the offense and getting the ball snapped quicker. Every second matters when you run a hurry up, the goal is to snap the ball before the defense can get comfortable and get set, also for substitution purposes and wearing down a defense. The quicker the offense, the bigger the advantage, if it's run correctly and the plays are executed. It puts the defense at a disadvantage. But running a two minute offense is not the same as running a hurry up offense at full speed for 60 minutes. It's not something that a QB can learn to run effectively in just a few practices. You have to be very well conditioned to push the tempo to the max play-in, play-out for entire games.

    @wudupdawg said:

    All good points. Three words is in fact more simple to communicate than 15, regardless of it's meaning. Build = change, but I don't want to get into semantics here, just calling it like I see it without the sugarcoating.

    But you are right, it doesn't make the offense more simple, just the manner in which it is communicated and executed, thus allowing for more speed in running the offense and getting the ball snapped quicker. Every second matters when you run a hurry up, the goal is to snap the ball before the defense can get comfortable and get set, also for substitution purposes and wearing down a defense. The quicker the offense, the bigger the advantage, if it's run correctly and the plays are executed. It puts the defense at a disadvantage. But running a two minute offense is not the same as running a hurry up offense at full speed for 60 minutes. It's not something that a QB can learn to run effectively in just a few practices. You have to be very well conditioned to push the tempo to the max play-in, play-out for entire games.

    We are dangerously close to completely agreeing...

    My 2-minute point was simply to demonstrate that it is not a foreign concept. Pushing pace for a complete game is certainly more taxing... mentally as well as physically... especially for QBs.

    I believe the hurry-up will be brought along slowly. I do not see it being the preferred, primary scheme of our Defense-oriented HC. I see it being a situational choice to push an perceived advantage, e.g., after a quick turnover.