Skip to content

Shaw

The Browns Board
179 51 18.6k
  • McShay's take on Shaw while everyone is on his bandwagon 😁 (I think McShay is an idiot, but his job is to evaluate NFL talent)

    "His arm strength is adequate, not great," McShay wrote. "He's gotten better with his tempo, timing and ball placement on intermediate to longer throws, and as long as he's within 35 yards, he's pretty good. Beyond that is when his accuracy really dips, so that's something he needs to work on with his lower-body mechanics."

  • I almost think he's a good cross between Hoyer's playing style and Manziel's style.

    Like he'll make that extra read that Manziel won't get to, but has the ability to make an omelette like Hoyer can't if shit breaks down.

    And either way he's decisive. Makes his decision and throttles it.

  • I almost think he's a good cross between Hoyer's playing style and Manziel's style.

    Like he'll make that extra read that Manziel won't get to, but has the ability to make an omelette like Hoyer can't if shit breaks down.

    And either way he's decisive. Makes his decision and throttles it.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    And either way he's decisive. Makes his decision and throttles it.

    Played kinda like a guy under no pressure?

  • I liked his presence. Looked smooth under pressure and with better footwork than Hoyer or JF. I hope they keep him and develop him. I can see JF/Shaw as 1-2 next season and with our pattern. He could be the starter in 2016.

  • I hope Rex got some guaranteed money on that contract.

  • I liked his presence. Looked smooth under pressure and with better footwork than Hoyer or JF. I hope they keep him and develop him. I can see JF/Shaw as 1-2 next season and with our pattern. He could be the starter in 2016.

    @frenchie said:

    I liked his presence. Looked smooth under pressure and with better footwork than Hoyer or JF. I hope they keep him and develop him. I can see JF/Shaw as 1-2 next season and with our pattern. He could be the starter in 2016.

    2016? Heck, our #3 coming out of camp last year not only started last year, but is was this years' hope as the veteran starter.

  • It's hard to believe that the Brown's fans (and media)have choked on the Manzel cool-aid. You have a quarterback right under your nose that may be the best rookie in the league in Conner Shaw. He led the University of South Carolina to three consecutive 11 win seasons and last year he only threw one interception. He is a very smart player and plays with class. You will never see him flip off the other team, he'll just beat you day in , day out with his running and passing. The players will respect him and play hard for him because of his character. If they would had kicked the extra point and gone into overtime he would have won them the game. The more he is in the game the better he gets. He was the only highlight of the entire game. Give the kid a chance and allow him to get you out of the cellar!

    @alpine1963 said:

    It's hard to believe that the Brown's fans (and media)have choked on the Manzel cool-aid. You have a quarterback right under your nose that may be the best rookie in the league in Conner Shaw. He led the University of South Carolina to three consecutive 11 win seasons and last year he only threw one interception. He is a very smart player and plays with class. You will never see him flip off the other team, he'll just beat you day in , day out with his running and passing. The players will respect him and play hard for him because of his character. If they would had kicked the extra point and gone into overtime he would have won them the game. The more he is in the game the better he gets. He was the only highlight of the entire game. Give the kid a chance and allow him to get you out of the cellar!

    Seeing was believing. Now don't be like a Manzealot- the way our third sting sieve of a defense was playing, the Browns might not have gotten the ball if it went to overtime. 🙂

    @walterwhite said:

    I normally don't get hyped over these castoffs and 3-4th string players.

    Shaw looked ten times better than both Manziel and Hoyer and should get a serious look.

    He played loose and played smart. Maybe we found a gem?

    That was Connor's job audition, and he aced the test.

    If the Browns were thinking of sneaking Shaw onto the practice squad. UM, no way in hell that's happening now. Every team in the league that's looking for a #3, would sign him to their regular roster.

    LOL, it is funny how guys like him come up with phantom injuries in a week or two.

    Creates a problem, we're not keeping 4 quarterbacks.

  • Drop Rex like the sack of turds he is i say!!!!

  • I liked the kid when we drafted him and I think he performed admirably.

    I wonder how long Grossman would stay on the practice squad, probably not very. Can we hire him as an assistant coach? Then we can re sign him if somebody gets hurt?

    WSS

  • Maybe he's our Shawshank Redemption...

  • Maybe he's our Shawshank Redemption...

    @brownskidd said:

    Maybe he's our Shawshank Redemption...

    Wait...are you serious? That's the 30th time that's been used in 12 hours. We got it.
  • I liked the kid when we drafted him and I think he performed admirably.

    I wonder how long Grossman would stay on the practice squad, probably not very. Can we hire him as an assistant coach? Then we can re sign him if somebody gets hurt?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I liked the kid when we drafted him and I think he performed admirably.

    I wonder how long Grossman would stay on the practice squad, probably not very. Can we hire him as an assistant coach? Then we can re sign him if somebody gets hurt?

    WSS

    We didn't draft him. He went undrafted, we signed him. For what it's worth.
  • Football is about the easiest sport to sit back and be a Monday morning quarterback( Tuesday in this case). But the truth about what Conner can do was not even shown in Monday's game. He is the best I have ever seen at keeping the chains moving. He always knows where he has to go to get a first down etc. If he would have played more than two minutes last night the Brown's would have simply won the game. The other QB's looked sloppy with their execution. Sure he played against the third string guys but he also played with a third string line on his side. Give the kid a chance and finally be a winner in Cleveland. I'm a Brown's fan that truly believes in this kid. Pick any game that he has played in and watch his desire and mechanics, they are second to none. If he gets cut from the team you will eventually get beat by him in the future.

  • Football is about the easiest sport to sit back and be a Monday morning quarterback( Tuesday in this case). But the truth about what Conner can do was not even shown in Monday's game. He is the best I have ever seen at keeping the chains moving. He always knows where he has to go to get a first down etc. If he would have played more than two minutes last night the Brown's would have simply won the game. The other QB's looked sloppy with their execution. Sure he played against the third string guys but he also played with a third string line on his side. Give the kid a chance and finally be a winner in Cleveland. I'm a Brown's fan that truly believes in this kid. Pick any game that he has played in and watch his desire and mechanics, they are second to none. If he gets cut from the team you will eventually get beat by him in the future.

    @alpine1963 said:

    Football is about the easiest sport to sit back and be a Monday morning quarterback( Tuesday in this case). But the truth about what Conner can do was not even shown in Monday's game. He is the best I have ever seen at keeping the chains moving. He always knows where he has to go to get a first down etc. If he would have played more than two minutes last night the Brown's would have simply won the game. The other QB's looked sloppy with their execution. Sure he played against the third string guys but he also played with a third string line on his side. Give the kid a chance and finally be a winner in Cleveland. I'm a Brown's fan that truly believes in this kid. Pick any game that he has played in and watch his desire and mechanics, they are second to none. If he gets cut from the team you will eventually get beat by him in the future.

    I think he at least earned closer consideration.

  • Are we serious right now? Connor played the bottom of the roster, got a lot of his stats again prevent D, had a TE catch a hail Mary and had a WR make a fantastic catch on an overthrown ball.

    Yeah, he played well. But come on. Are we really going to look this desperate this quickly?

  • Shaw looked pretty polished as a QB. Yes, we must consider the opponent, but still his mechanics and poise was pretty good. I'd like to see Shaw play most of the 4th preseason game. Let's see what he has.

  • Always amazed me how guys like Connor Shaw dont get drafted when guys like JF go first round. Espn??? Shaw is taller than manziel. Has a pretty decent resume to boot. 27-5 at SC in the overratted SEC. 17-0 at home. Steve Spurrier knows good qbs.

    I would amost bet money that Kenny Hill has a monster year at QB. (Texas A&M QB).

    I dont know that drafting Manziel was a mistake or not. It sure doesnt look good. He is a project QB and that is exactly what the Browns did not need. It would be very interesting to see Shaw get one solid crack with the first string offense in game 3 or maybe game 4. Or maybe they should just cut him now before he throws a wrench into this JOKE of a compitition

  • Many of you must think our coaches are idiots for choosing between only JM and BH for the starting QB job. I mean how could they have missed the obvious choice during the whole time of daily practices, playbook study sessions, etc, Sorry but had he been in earlier in the game with the 1's against 1s the result would have been exactly the same. If you have no time due to a leaky O line against far faster players, then nothing has changed for whomever is plugged in as QB.

  • Many of you must think our coaches are idiots for choosing between only JM and BH for the starting QB job. I mean how could they have missed the obvious choice during the whole time of daily practices, playbook study sessions, etc, Sorry but had he been in earlier in the game with the 1's against 1s the result would have been exactly the same. If you have no time due to a leaky O line against far faster players, then nothing has changed for whomever is plugged in as QB.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Many of you must think our coaches are idiots for choosing between only JM and BH for the starting QB job. I mean how could they have missed the obvious choice during the whole time of daily practices, playbook study sessions, etc, Sorry but had he been in earlier in the game with the 1's against 1s the result would have been exactly the same. If you have no time due to a leaky O line against far faster players, then nothing has changed for whomever is plugged in as QB.

    so you are saying the Mr Mobility Manziels issue was the O line? C'mon
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Many of you must think our coaches are idiots for choosing between only JM and BH for the starting QB job. I mean how could they have missed the obvious choice during the whole time of daily practices, playbook study sessions, etc, Sorry but had he been in earlier in the game with the 1's against 1s the result would have been exactly the same. If you have no time due to a leaky O line against far faster players, then nothing has changed for whomever is plugged in as QB.

    so you are saying the Mr Mobility Manziels issue was the O line? C'mon

    @jcam222 said:

    so you are saying the Mr Mobility Manziels issue was the O line? C'mon

    Nothing special about JF speed at this point. If you cant even outrun DE to the corner you are not a running qb.