Shaw
-
Shaw looked pretty polished as a QB. Yes, we must consider the opponent, but still his mechanics and poise was pretty good. I'd like to see Shaw play most of the 4th preseason game. Let's see what he has.
-
Always amazed me how guys like Connor Shaw dont get drafted when guys like JF go first round. Espn??? Shaw is taller than manziel. Has a pretty decent resume to boot. 27-5 at SC in the overratted SEC. 17-0 at home. Steve Spurrier knows good qbs.
I would amost bet money that Kenny Hill has a monster year at QB. (Texas A&M QB).
I dont know that drafting Manziel was a mistake or not. It sure doesnt look good. He is a project QB and that is exactly what the Browns did not need. It would be very interesting to see Shaw get one solid crack with the first string offense in game 3 or maybe game 4. Or maybe they should just cut him now before he throws a wrench into this JOKE of a compitition
-
Many of you must think our coaches are idiots for choosing between only JM and BH for the starting QB job. I mean how could they have missed the obvious choice during the whole time of daily practices, playbook study sessions, etc, Sorry but had he been in earlier in the game with the 1's against 1s the result would have been exactly the same. If you have no time due to a leaky O line against far faster players, then nothing has changed for whomever is plugged in as QB.
-
Many of you must think our coaches are idiots for choosing between only JM and BH for the starting QB job. I mean how could they have missed the obvious choice during the whole time of daily practices, playbook study sessions, etc, Sorry but had he been in earlier in the game with the 1's against 1s the result would have been exactly the same. If you have no time due to a leaky O line against far faster players, then nothing has changed for whomever is plugged in as QB.
so you are saying the Mr Mobility Manziels issue was the O line? C'monMany of you must think our coaches are idiots for choosing between only JM and BH for the starting QB job. I mean how could they have missed the obvious choice during the whole time of daily practices, playbook study sessions, etc, Sorry but had he been in earlier in the game with the 1's against 1s the result would have been exactly the same. If you have no time due to a leaky O line against far faster players, then nothing has changed for whomever is plugged in as QB.
-
so you are saying the Mr Mobility Manziels issue was the O line? C'monMany of you must think our coaches are idiots for choosing between only JM and BH for the starting QB job. I mean how could they have missed the obvious choice during the whole time of daily practices, playbook study sessions, etc, Sorry but had he been in earlier in the game with the 1's against 1s the result would have been exactly the same. If you have no time due to a leaky O line against far faster players, then nothing has changed for whomever is plugged in as QB.
-
so you are saying the Mr Mobility Manziels issue was the O line? C'monMany of you must think our coaches are idiots for choosing between only JM and BH for the starting QB job. I mean how could they have missed the obvious choice during the whole time of daily practices, playbook study sessions, etc, Sorry but had he been in earlier in the game with the 1's against 1s the result would have been exactly the same. If you have no time due to a leaky O line against far faster players, then nothing has changed for whomever is plugged in as QB.
so you are saying the Mr Mobility Manziels issue was the O line? C'mon
Actually, as I have stated elsewhere, the Browns biggest problem IS the O line regardless of who starts. I think you will see that play out this year all season long unless some major deal is made to fix it. There is a serious problem on the R side of this line. At the end of the season you are welcome to come back and tell me I was wrong, but at the moment that is just what I see.
-
so you are saying the Mr Mobility Manziels issue was the O line? C'mon
Actually, as I have stated elsewhere, the Browns biggest problem IS the O line regardless of who starts. I think you will see that play out this year all season long unless some major deal is made to fix it. There is a serious problem on the R side of this line. At the end of the season you are welcome to come back and tell me I was wrong, but at the moment that is just what I see.
Actually, as I have stated elsewhere, the Browns biggest problem IS the O line regardless of who starts. I think you will see that play out this year all season long unless some major deal is made to fix it. There is a serious problem on the R side of this line. At the end of the season you are welcome to come back and tell me I was wrong, but at the moment that is just what I see.
yep i seen JF throw 3 yards behing Cameron on a 7 yard cross. O-lines fault.
-
so you are saying the Mr Mobility Manziels issue was the O line? C'mon
Actually, as I have stated elsewhere, the Browns biggest problem IS the O line regardless of who starts. I think you will see that play out this year all season long unless some major deal is made to fix it. There is a serious problem on the R side of this line. At the end of the season you are welcome to come back and tell me I was wrong, but at the moment that is just what I see.
Actually, as I have stated elsewhere, the Browns biggest problem IS the O line regardless of who starts. I think you will see that play out this year all season long unless some major deal is made to fix it. There is a serious problem on the R side of this line. At the end of the season you are welcome to come back and tell me I was wrong, but at the moment that is just what I see.
You talk about the suckage of the right side of the OL as if it's a recent development.
Nothing new to see here. Keep moving, folks.
-
cd-you can find my posts on the inherent problem of the 2 series alternating plan elsewhere on the board. It wasn't fair to either QB. It should have been exactly the same for game 2 as game 1. One QB gets all the reps during the week with the 1's and plays only with the 1's while the other plays only with the 2s, otherwise you get the abortion we saw with BOTH QB's last night.
-
Shaw never got the real respect he should have got in college and the Browns have to play Johnny. Too much money invested. No bullshit with Shaw. He is just like he was at USC quite and studying the play book . Waiting his turn. He has proved he is quicker and more accurate than Manziel. I know it was a short preview but he is a determined winner and that is what the Browns need. If he is cut I can promise he will be picked right up and it will come back to haunt the Browns. What everybody saw last night well what else can I say.... He's Relentless............
-
McShay's take on Shaw while everyone is on his bandwagon
(I think McShay is an idiot, but his job is to evaluate NFL talent)"His arm strength is adequate, not great," McShay wrote. "He's gotten better with his tempo, timing and ball placement on intermediate to longer throws, and as long as he's within 35 yards, he's pretty good. Beyond that is when his accuracy really dips, so that's something he needs to work on with his lower-body mechanics."
McShay's take on Shaw while everyone is on his bandwagon
(I think McShay is an idiot, but his job is to evaluate NFL talent)"His arm strength is adequate, not great," McShay wrote. "He's gotten better with his tempo, timing and ball placement on intermediate to longer throws, and as long as he's within 35 yards, he's pretty good. Beyond that is when his accuracy really dips, so that's something he needs to work on with his lower-body mechanics."
You can't call him an idiot yet because it was one game where he dominated. Wait a couple more preseason games, but man will it be hilarious if he somehow stole the job from both hoyer and manziel
-
Are we serious right now? Connor played the bottom of the roster, got a lot of his stats again prevent D, had a TE catch a hail Mary and had a WR make a fantastic catch on an overthrown ball.
Yeah, he played well. But come on. Are we really going to look this desperate this quickly?
Are we serious right now? Connor played the bottom of the roster, got a lot of his stats again prevent D, had a TE catch a hail Mary and had a WR make a fantastic catch on an overthrown ball.
Yeah, he played well. But come on. Are we really going to look this desperate this quickly?
Exactly, you can't base it off one game. This is preseason, most years i skipped preseason and always hear about one guy dominating and than getting crushed in the regular season. They'll be plenty of people who didn't watch who are going to hear the same thing this year
-
This QB Bs is really getting boring. Bring on the season and may the best man win games for us.
-
We should just make a side thread for the Scar fans and Aggie fans to argue with each other
-
We should just make a side thread for the Scar fans and Aggie fans to argue with each other
We should just make a side thread for the Scar fans and Aggie fans to argue with each other
Good idea. I'm tired of the "this college guy is the best ever. He'll dominate in the NFL because I watched all his games. If you don't say he's the best ever you're stupid and cant ever root for him. I love him..."
-
so much for Shaw slipping through to the practice squad... a developmental qb actually showing some potential for a change...
-
So? What now for Shaw? IR, PUP list, something like that. He won't be on the 53 man roster, but perhaps he will still be on the Browns this year. The Browns will want him on the taxi squad, but can they get him there.
He is the 4th string QB and will continue to be, if he stays. There is no investment in him, so if they lose him they will not see it as a great loss.
But to lose him, some other team MUST be willing to keep him on their 53 man roster the entire year. If he is claimed off waivers or off the Browns practice squad then he must be kept active essentially.
This guys future is more like Brian Sipes. A 13th round pick who sat on the taxi squad for two years behind a high draft pick....Phipps. He could have a couple of years to show that perhaps he and not the first round pick will ultimately be the better choice for this team.
-
Good points.....and I doubt that all the GM's around the league fell out of their chairs last night screamiNg "Gotta get SHAW"!!!.....one "preseason" 2 minute drive, against 3rd stringers, during garbage time does not make an NFL quarterback........
Was laughing while watching that last night, because I KNEW I'd get online today and see a ton of people screaming for Shaw.....
-
Is that the best you can muster Z. That chick doesn't even have a rack to speak of.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
