Skip to content

Gordon Coming Back?

The Browns Board
110 36 4.5k
  • We all are.. It would put some meaning back to the season.. And maybe we can move forward and rise above the ashes... so to speak.

  • Legally? Probably not. But then, if they change the law, it means they know it was wrong, and therefore the person shouldn't be penalised. But then, the person breaking the law knew the laws and still broke them (intentionally or otherwise).

    Either way, that doesn't have much bearing here. The vote's coming soon and nothing we talk about has an impact on the decision, can only use what we're given.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't understand the thought process here and it has nothing to do with Steelers vs Browns! He broke the rules in place and he broke them multiple times.

    If they changed the speed limit on 71 from 65 to 70, should I expect them to give me the money back for the ticket I got last month for going 70?

    Just disregard this ignoramus post...I guess your Weed boys should get a freebie too huh.. or how about Antonio Brown , intentionally slamming his foot down on someone's head... It looked every bit intentional . I don't care what anyone say's.. He could've adjusted his body to land elsewhere...

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't understand the thought process here and it has nothing to do with Steelers vs Browns! He broke the rules in place and he broke them multiple times.

    If they changed the speed limit on 71 from 65 to 70, should I expect them to give me the money back for the ticket I got last month for going 70?

    Go away!

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't understand the thought process here and it has nothing to do with Steelers vs Browns! He broke the rules in place and he broke them multiple times.

    If they changed the speed limit on 71 from 65 to 70, should I expect them to give me the money back for the ticket I got last month for going 70?

    Go away!

    @thenew23 said:

    Go away!

    I concur!

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't understand the thought process here and it has nothing to do with Steelers vs Browns! He broke the rules in place and he broke them multiple times.

    If they changed the speed limit on 71 from 65 to 70, should I expect them to give me the money back for the ticket I got last month for going 70?

    I'll help you understand......it's not a law, it's a rule....and the NFL is a company, not a court....they can do whatever the hell they want to do.....

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't understand the thought process here and it has nothing to do with Steelers vs Browns! He broke the rules in place and he broke them multiple times.

    If they changed the speed limit on 71 from 65 to 70, should I expect them to give me the money back for the ticket I got last month for going 70?

    I'll help you understand......it's not a law, it's a rule....and the NFL is a company, not a court....they can do whatever the hell they want to do.....

    @mudfly said:

    I'll help you understand......it's not a law, it's a rule....and the NFL is a company, not a court....they can do whatever the hell they want to do.....

    An ability we all complain about when it doesn't suit us...

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't understand the thought process here and it has nothing to do with Steelers vs Browns! He broke the rules in place and he broke them multiple times.

    If they changed the speed limit on 71 from 65 to 70, should I expect them to give me the money back for the ticket I got last month for going 70?

    Well... I'll weigh in on this! Did he break the rules? Sure. But I find the NFL's stance regarding the use of cannabis as well as the Federal goverment's continued war on cannabis to be ridiculous! It's time to end a silly war on a plant, and end prohibition, in which history has shown has been a failure. Furthermore, not all laws or rules are just or moral. I welcome the NFL changing their stance on cannabis, for 1, and for 2, I hope it is enough for Josh Gordon to return to the field. So he smoked a little bud! It's not like he violently assaulted his significant other in an elevator! Which is the worst offense? You do the math!

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't understand the thought process here and it has nothing to do with Steelers vs Browns! He broke the rules in place and he broke them multiple times.

    If they changed the speed limit on 71 from 65 to 70, should I expect them to give me the money back for the ticket I got last month for going 70?

    You don't understand really?

  • Gotta say I HOPE he comes back, but am not getting too hyped up.....I haven't heard the NFL say they were gonna revisit this and, until I do, Im not counting on anything.....Honestly dont know if there is any meat to the rumors or just media speculation....

    But, WOW!.....if he comes back....

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't understand the thought process here and it has nothing to do with Steelers vs Browns! He broke the rules in place and he broke them multiple times.

    If they changed the speed limit on 71 from 65 to 70, should I expect them to give me the money back for the ticket I got last month for going 70?

    I do understand your point of view and the NFL could very well say that at the time they broke the rules so the suspension stays in effect.

    I wouldn't be surprised if the new drug testing policy didn't go into effect until the start of the next league year.

  • @mudfly said:

    I'll help you understand......it's not a law, it's a rule....and the NFL is a company, not a court....they can do whatever the hell they want to do.....

    An ability we all complain about when it doesn't suit us...

    @gftchris said:

    An ability we all complain about when it doesn't suit us...

    Nobody complained when Haden was handed two games. Now we see that Gordon barely checks in at an outdated NFL threshold on half a test. I'd say there's legitimate cause for conversation.

  • 9 PM conference call with player reps. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.

  • Would be huge news and I'm quietly optimistic for the season already if this happens I may expode.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't understand the thought process here and it has nothing to do with Steelers vs Browns! He broke the rules in place and he broke them multiple times.

    If they changed the speed limit on 71 from 65 to 70, should I expect them to give me the money back for the ticket I got last month for going 70?

    Just disregard this ignoramus post...I guess your Weed boys should get a freebie too huh.. or how about Antonio Brown , intentionally slamming his foot down on someone's head... It looked every bit intentional . I don't care what anyone say's.. He could've adjusted his body to land elsewhere...

    @nickers said:

    Just disregard this ignoramus post...I guess your Weed boys should get a freebie too huh.. or how about Antonio Brown , intentionally slamming his foot down on someone's head... It looked every bit intentional . I don't care what anyone say's.. He could've adjusted his body to land elsewhere...

    Nickers...5 times he broke the rules. Once after he was already flagged for another. Josh Gordon needs the one year ban to save his career. Attempting to compare it to first time offenders is ridiculous. I'm a proponent for the legalization of weed but Gordon is an idiot.

  • @nickers said:

    Just disregard this ignoramus post...I guess your Weed boys should get a freebie too huh.. or how about Antonio Brown , intentionally slamming his foot down on someone's head... It looked every bit intentional . I don't care what anyone say's.. He could've adjusted his body to land elsewhere...

    Nickers...5 times he broke the rules. Once after he was already flagged for another. Josh Gordon needs the one year ban to save his career. Attempting to compare it to first time offenders is ridiculous. I'm a proponent for the legalization of weed but Gordon is an idiot.

    @vagitron said:

    Nickers...5 times he broke the rules. Once after he was already flagged for another. Josh Gordon needs the one year ban to save his career. Attempting to compare it to first time offenders is ridiculous. I'm a proponent for the legalization of weed but Gordon is an idiot.

    Lets get this correct.

    Josh Gordon was placed in Stage 2 before he ever set foot in the NFL.

    You can deem whether that's fair or not.

    But lets stop with the hyperbolic falsehoods. He did not fail NFL drug testing 5 times.

  • @nickers said:

    Just disregard this ignoramus post...I guess your Weed boys should get a freebie too huh.. or how about Antonio Brown , intentionally slamming his foot down on someone's head... It looked every bit intentional . I don't care what anyone say's.. He could've adjusted his body to land elsewhere...

    Nickers...5 times he broke the rules. Once after he was already flagged for another. Josh Gordon needs the one year ban to save his career. Attempting to compare it to first time offenders is ridiculous. I'm a proponent for the legalization of weed but Gordon is an idiot.

    Is he coming back?

    Let's see... I have said that Josh Gordon will play this season in every thread even remotely related to the topic. So this time I'll say yes as well...

    @douche-nozzle said:

    I don't understand the thought process here and it has nothing to do with Steelers vs Browns!

    Agree you were last week... glad to see you can move on. AS for the rest... see below...

    @vagitron said:

    Nickers...5 times he broke the rules. Once after he was already flagged for another. Josh Gordon needs the one year ban to save his career. Attempting to compare it to first time offenders is ridiculous. I'm a proponent for the legalization of weed but Gordon is an idiot.

    Josh may be an idiot, but that is not the question. The question here is whether or not he broke league rules this time by smoking pot...

    - The recently failed test result was at a level that is consistent with second hand smoke.

    - Josh maintains that he has not smoked, but has been exposed to second hand smoke.

    - Since his previous positive test he has been tested over 70 times and has passed them all except the test of the "A" split of the "failed" test; the "B" split detected the presence of the metabolite of interest, but at a level below the League's ultra-low "fail" threshold.

  • 9 PM conference call with player reps. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.

    @thenew23 said:

    9 PM conference call with player reps. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.

    Scratch that... 1:30 PM conference call with player repse to decide whether or not their current proposal is good enough...

  • Getting Gordon back for this week would be so awesome. I wonder if the ban is enough of a wake up call for him to realize he needs to quit smoking til he retires or will he be a moron and try to just stay under the threshold of fail.

  • I read 9 pm on nfl.Com when did it change to 1:30?