Skip to content

Gordon Coming Back?

The Browns Board
110 36 4.5k
  • @jetfan79 said:

    Jet fan here, and while I'm not exactly looking forward to another team fighting for a wildcard spot (which you guys definitely would if Gordon comes back), I'm looking forward to Gordon being reinstated. I don't smoke, but occasionally will be around others who smoke. The current restrictions are nuts. I'd probably fail the test a few weeks out of every year.

    Besides, I picked up Gordon on Waivers last week. My fantasy team could use the boost. I already have Demaryius Thomas. That'd be one hell of a 1-2 punch.

    Good luck Browns fans on getting some justice and #12 back on the field next week!

    Well Jets fan. I'm not above taking a few hits from the old sticky icky, so I have to agree about the current restrictions being nuts, as well as our government's stance regarding cannabis. It's time to legalize it and be done with it! When you have alcohol, and tobacco being legal, which I fully support, because the government has no business telling us what we can and can't consume, and the growing epidemic of abuse of opiates and heroin (truly dangerous shit and highly addictive) it's ridiculous to continue a war on weed!

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Well Jets fan. I'm not above taking a few hits from the old sticky icky, so I have to agree about the current restrictions being nuts, as well as our government's stance regarding cannabis. It's time to legalize it and be done with it! When you have alcohol, and tobacco being legal, which I fully support, because the government has no business telling us what we can and can't consume, and the growing epidemic of abuse of opiates and heroin (truly dangerous shit and highly addictive) it's ridiculous to continue a war on weed!

    While I haven't smoked the chron in a long time (mainly because I'm useless once I do) for the most part I agree. I have an immediate family member that is an opiate/heroin addict and its absolutely devastating, to say the least.

  • @jetfan79 said:

    Jet fan here, and while I'm not exactly looking forward to another team fighting for a wildcard spot (which you guys definitely would if Gordon comes back), I'm looking forward to Gordon being reinstated. I don't smoke, but occasionally will be around others who smoke. The current restrictions are nuts. I'd probably fail the test a few weeks out of every year.

    Besides, I picked up Gordon on Waivers last week. My fantasy team could use the boost. I already have Demaryius Thomas. That'd be one hell of a 1-2 punch.

    Good luck Browns fans on getting some justice and #12 back on the field next week!

    Thank you, friend. Good luck to your squad as well. Hopefully that offense of yours can compliment an impressive front 7 on defense.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Thank you, friend. Good luck to your squad as well. Hopefully that offense of yours can compliment an impressive front 7 on defense.

    Don't want to hijack the thread with Jet business, but thanks. Hopefully Geno cleans up the dumb stuff (running into defenders on 2nd down and fumbling inside the 5ydln instead of sliding, and taking 19yd sacks that remove us from FG range). Otherwise our hopes may fall to Vick.

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Well Jets fan. I'm not above taking a few hits from the old sticky icky, so I have to agree about the current restrictions being nuts, as well as our government's stance regarding cannabis. It's time to legalize it and be done with it! When you have alcohol, and tobacco being legal, which I fully support, because the government has no business telling us what we can and can't consume, and the growing epidemic of abuse of opiates and heroin (truly dangerous shit and highly addictive) it's ridiculous to continue a war on weed!

    Exactly. Not to mention it'd probably decrease the jail population and costs by 25%.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Thank you, friend. Good luck to your squad as well. Hopefully that offense of yours can compliment an impressive front 7 on defense.

    Don't want to hijack the thread with Jet business, but thanks. Hopefully Geno cleans up the dumb stuff (running into defenders on 2nd down and fumbling inside the 5ydln instead of sliding, and taking 19yd sacks that remove us from FG range). Otherwise our hopes may fall to Vick.

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Well Jets fan. I'm not above taking a few hits from the old sticky icky, so I have to agree about the current restrictions being nuts, as well as our government's stance regarding cannabis. It's time to legalize it and be done with it! When you have alcohol, and tobacco being legal, which I fully support, because the government has no business telling us what we can and can't consume, and the growing epidemic of abuse of opiates and heroin (truly dangerous shit and highly addictive) it's ridiculous to continue a war on weed!

    Exactly. Not to mention it'd probably decrease the jail population and costs by 25%.

    @jetfan79 said:

    Don't want to hijack the thread...

    Not like that never happens here...

    Thanks for the good wishes, but as long as Rexy is your HC, then I cannot return them.

    Maybe next year... 😉

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Well Jets fan. I'm not above taking a few hits from the old sticky icky, so I have to agree about the current restrictions being nuts, as well as our government's stance regarding cannabis. It's time to legalize it and be done with it! When you have alcohol, and tobacco being legal, which I fully support, because the government has no business telling us what we can and can't consume, and the growing epidemic of abuse of opiates and heroin (truly dangerous shit and highly addictive) it's ridiculous to continue a war on weed!

    While I haven't smoked the chron in a long time (mainly because I'm useless once I do) for the most part I agree. I have an immediate family member that is an opiate/heroin addict and its absolutely devastating, to say the least.

    @tiamat63 said:

    While I haven't smoked the chron in a long time (mainly because I'm useless once I do) for the most part I agree. I have an immediate family member that is an opiate/heroin addict and its absolutely devastating, to say the least.

    For me, if I smoke it I get a nice hum, but can function quite well. However; when it's mixed with few drinks is when I get quite sluggish. At any rate, I hope your family member finds it within themself to shake off that horrible addiction. I sum it up to the fact that doctors started handing out pain pills like candy, for every little ache and pain, which is why it has made a huge comeback. When I was in high school heroin was considered such a 60s or 70s drug.

  • Shouldn't even receive a ticket for going 70 in a 65. And if you did, a judge should throw that out.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    We don't know this to be true, we just assume that "second hand" levels would be small. Based on how the THC molecules work in the human body, I doubt that second hand smoke would have any effect, or even be able to be tested. There is no base level and there is no testing to show the effect or even the ability to detect it.

    so why don't you educate us on just what those little THc molecules do within the body. Its OK, you can use big words, I'm a science guy.
  • @douche-nozzle said:

    We don't know this to be true, we just assume that "second hand" levels would be small. Based on how the THC molecules work in the human body, I doubt that second hand smoke would have any effect, or even be able to be tested. There is no base level and there is no testing to show the effect or even the ability to detect it.

    so why don't you educate us on just what those little THc molecules do within the body. Its OK, you can use big words, I'm a science guy.

    @choco said:

    so why don't you educate us on just what those little THc molecules do within the body. Its OK, you can use big words, I'm a science guy.

    I can tell you this. While the THC molecule sticks to the fat cells in your body and can be found in your system for up to a month via a urine test, as they aren't as quickly soluable as other substances, the actual intoxicating effects of cannabis wear off in 1-3 hours on average. Sure depending on the strain of cannabis it could be longer. But if someone endulged 3 days ago, just because THC showed up in their test, it doesn't mean that person is under the influence or intoxicated. It's why I think drug tests are flawed! It's always the "stoners" that get caught, and yet you can drink yourself into a stupor on Friday, or blow lines on a Friday ( much more dangerous option) and pass a drug test on Tuesday! 😠

  • I'll just wait for his response. But you're already on the right track that debunks his misinformed claim.

  • @vagitron said:

    Nickers...5 times he broke the rules. Once after he was already flagged for another. Josh Gordon needs the one year ban to save his career. Attempting to compare it to first time offenders is ridiculous. I'm a proponent for the legalization of weed but Gordon is an idiot.

    Lets get this correct.

    Josh Gordon was placed in Stage 2 before he ever set foot in the NFL.

    You can deem whether that's fair or not.

    But lets stop with the hyperbolic falsehoods. He did not fail NFL drug testing 5 times.

    @thaak said:

    Lets get this correct.

    Josh Gordon was placed in Stage 2 before he ever set foot in the NFL.

    You can deem whether that's fair or not.

    But lets stop with the hyperbolic falsehoods. He did not fail NFL drug testing 5 times.

    Just recently he was flagged for a failed drug test and then grabbed a DUI after he was flagged. I'm also aware of his stage 2 status which makes it even worse. He was forced to the supplemental and then comes in to the league still messing up. You all should be looking at this suspension ad a way for him to get right. What's stopping him from getting flagged again otherwise.

  • @thaak said:

    Lets get this correct.

    Josh Gordon was placed in Stage 2 before he ever set foot in the NFL.

    You can deem whether that's fair or not.

    But lets stop with the hyperbolic falsehoods. He did not fail NFL drug testing 5 times.

    Just recently he was flagged for a failed drug test and then grabbed a DUI after he was flagged. I'm also aware of his stage 2 status which makes it even worse. He was forced to the supplemental and then comes in to the league still messing up. You all should be looking at this suspension ad a way for him to get right. What's stopping him from getting flagged again otherwise.

    @vagitron said:

    Just recently he was flagged for a failed drug test and then grabbed a DUI after he was flagged. I'm also aware of his stage 2 status which makes it even worse. He was forced to the supplemental and then comes in to the league still messing up. You all should be looking at this suspension ad a way for him to get right. What's stopping him from getting flagged again otherwise.

    I think the NFL's rules regarding cannabis, and our laws against cannabis are ridiculous, and quite frankly it looks as if the tide is turning as more and more Americans are OK with ending prohibition. I look at it like this. It would be one thing if he took performance enhancing drugs such as steroids, because that is cheating. Suspend his ass, because there is no place for cheating! The DUI is a problem of course, because is actions could have killed someone! Not to mention, when you make that much money for Christ sakes call a cab, or a limo! On the other hand if these players want to smoke a little weed in the privacy of their own home, and aren't harming anyone in the process, who the fuck cares? It's a good bet a large segment of NFL players partake anyway.

  • @thaak said:

    Lets get this correct.

    Josh Gordon was placed in Stage 2 before he ever set foot in the NFL.

    You can deem whether that's fair or not.

    But lets stop with the hyperbolic falsehoods. He did not fail NFL drug testing 5 times.

    Just recently he was flagged for a failed drug test and then grabbed a DUI after he was flagged. I'm also aware of his stage 2 status which makes it even worse. He was forced to the supplemental and then comes in to the league still messing up. You all should be looking at this suspension ad a way for him to get right. What's stopping him from getting flagged again otherwise.

    @vagitron said:

    Just recently he was flagged for a failed drug test and then grabbed a DUI after he was flagged. I'm also aware of his stage 2 status which makes it even worse. He was forced to the supplemental and then comes in to the league still messing up. You all should be looking at this suspension ad a way for him to get right. What's stopping him from getting flagged again otherwise.

    I was very encouraged by him getting a job at a local car dealership (he could have gone back "home" where all his enablers are). Being local in Cleveland, he can still talk to and get together with his teammates. They are not restricted from hanging out with him as a friend. And he checked himself into rehab so that he could get needed advice on how to deal with his life and keep positive people around him.

  • @vagitron said:

    Just recently he was flagged for a failed drug test and then grabbed a DUI after he was flagged. I'm also aware of his stage 2 status which makes it even worse. He was forced to the supplemental and then comes in to the league still messing up. You all should be looking at this suspension ad a way for him to get right. What's stopping him from getting flagged again otherwise.

    I think the NFL's rules regarding cannabis, and our laws against cannabis are ridiculous, and quite frankly it looks as if the tide is turning as more and more Americans are OK with ending prohibition. I look at it like this. It would be one thing if he took performance enhancing drugs such as steroids, because that is cheating. Suspend his ass, because there is no place for cheating! The DUI is a problem of course, because is actions could have killed someone! Not to mention, when you make that much money for Christ sakes call a cab, or a limo! On the other hand if these players want to smoke a little weed in the privacy of their own home, and aren't harming anyone in the process, who the fuck cares? It's a good bet a large segment of NFL players partake anyway.

    @djdawg2010 said:

    I think the NFL's rules regarding cannabis, and our laws against cannabis are ridiculous, and quite frankly it looks as if the tide is turning as more and more Americans are OK with ending prohibition. I look at it like this. It would be one thing if he took performance enhancing drugs such as steroids, because that is cheating. Suspend his ass, because there is no place for cheating! The DUI is a problem of course, because is actions could have killed someone! Not to mention, when you make that much money for Christ sakes call a cab, or a limo! On the other hand if these players want to smoke a little weed in the privacy of their own home, and aren't harming anyone in the process, who the fuck cares? It's a good bet a large segment of NFL players partake anyway.

    I have zero issues with cannabis. I'm a proponent of its legalization for rec and medicinal. In josh Gordon's case and its where everyone seems to want to skim over is whether he was taking a PED or smoking weed he was still regularly breaking the rules.

  • But if he comes back, who will sell me a car?

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    Okay..... I'd be happy to.

    The reason the THC molecules effect you is because they are 1. heated and 2. they bond with fat molecules in your body. This is why you can eat a bunch of weed and get nothing, but if you smoke it (heating the THC and fat molecules together) or make butter with it, you get high.

    So, once it has been smoked and exhaled and then drifts to the next guy, I doubt that there is any effect and I doubt if it could be detected in a test.

    Good enough?

    no...its not.

    I used to clip in college frequently for about a year, and had to stop after a few hours on more than one occasion because I, and another, were blasted from eating it raw.

    First thing first kids....do not eat pot raw!! The crystals that grow on the plant are sharp and cut the esophagus which leads to a severely sore throat at best. Its a defense mechanism of the plant so animals won't eat it.

    But in my case, good sticky grass requires some contact with the mouth when clipping, so I was pretty wrecked. To the argument at hand, the factors cited do enhance the bodies absorption of just about any drug. But it doesn't address the metabolizing of it at all, due to my little personal rant.

    So, since heat is not a requirement for metabolizing THC, and his recitation of common knowledge fat absorption properties (without describing why its important, in this case, to the counter argument), I'm still waiting for the tie in to second hand smoke.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    Okay..... I'd be happy to.

    The reason the THC molecules effect you is because they are 1. heated and 2. they bond with fat molecules in your body. This is why you can eat a bunch of weed and get nothing, but if you smoke it (heating the THC and fat molecules together) or make butter with it, you get high.

    So, once it has been smoked and exhaled and then drifts to the next guy, I doubt that there is any effect and I doubt if it could be detected in a test.

    Good enough?

    This is absolutely wrong in every way...

  • Second hand smoke WILL get you high, there is no doubt about it.

    Ever heard of 'shot-gunning' a blunt? Have you ever blew the exhale out into someone else's mouth? Trust me, there is a contact high involved in second hand smoke.

    I guess it all just depends on how much is floating around in the air. Say there are three blunts being passed around and Gordon just takes it and passes it to the next guy or girl in the circle. The Blunts are burning and people are exhaling smoke, not all that weed smoke is disappearing into their lungs... it's still floating around and should there be enough of it you are going to get some in your system.

    Maybe these Myths that you can't catch a contact buzz or test positive for weed because of second hand smoke is the reason we are going through this in the first place. Maybe in other walks of life, like pretty much anywhere, the threshold of THC is high enough that you wont test positive for weed, but in the NFL the threshold is so low that, YES, it can happen and YES, it is possible.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    Sorry, you are wrong.....do some research, talk to a chemist.

    I'm a licensed chemical dependency counselor and have been working in the field for nearly 10 years. I have written test questions for the international certification exam you would have to pass to become a professional in my field of work. I have supervised 30+ clinicians, and have been through 500+ hours of specialized training in chemical dependence, on top of my Master's degree. I have dedicated my life to understanding the ways substances work in the brain and body, as well as how addictions develop, and how to prevent addictions and treat people who have them...

    But I only know one thing for sure... YOU, my friend, are wrong...

    Maybe you should find a better chemist to talk to. Not just your crystal meth dealer. I wouldn't really trust his credentials...

  • But if he comes back, who will sell me a car?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    But if he comes back, who will sell me a car?

    Very under-appreciated post. 😁

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    You got it....it's fact....just because you don't accept it doesn't mean shit to me. You may have gotten goofy by eating a bunch of good weed but had you "heated it" and merged it with fat rather than digestive fluids, you would have gotten waaaaaaaaaaaaay higher.....that's a fact Jack! And I still doubt that second hand smoke would make you high or be detected in a test. You probably got fucked up when you ate the worm too didn't you? Any chemists care to correct college boys personal perception?

    OK...I'll go slow.

    You stated heat is necessary to metabolize THC. I simply proved it wrong with an anecdote.... But can prove the same other. You, got snarky and failed to prove the claim.

    Then you mention fat cell retention and never elaborated on what that means relative to second hand smoke.

    So, as a chemist for 2 years in college, employed in the chem lab doing EDTA decay testing on stomach enzymes, I can say that what you presented up to this point is no basis, scientifically or logically, to make the claim you stand by.

    I'll help you a bit though. The heat requirement is merely a mode of chemical transformation to a vapor. It is not a requirement for THC to act on the brain. This is an important scientific distinction, genius.

    The fat cell absorption actually work against your argument in that it builds up fast, particularly for regular smokers. Low body fat and fast metabolism help clear the body faster. This is the exact reason the Olympic committee, military, faa, etc have a much higher fail threshold than that of the nfl 15 ng/ml....15 is too low to be a reliable number, both due to variances in people as well as variances in testing. This # was agreed upon in 06, and was left as a side issue to getting the CBA in place for the season.

    So......you want more?

  • Hence the name Douche Nozzle.