Woody and Diehard
-
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/oklahoma-judge-dismisses-ten-commandments-lawsuit-25623948
ABC so it's harder to bellyache about the source.

WSS
-
The Ten Commandments are secular?
-
-
I expect to see about 30 monuments built by people who make up a religion on the fly.
-
Let em have it, its just a monument. The sad part is this is in a court wasting taxpayer money. If you don't like it, don't read it. I would say to all the athiests out there; don't waste your time on keeping religion in the shadows, but rather spend your time protecting your right to believe what you want.
-
lol, there are some satanists that are planning on putting this on the lawn
-
I hope it plays Slayer.
-
The Cub Scout salute? ???
WSS
-
The Cub Scout salute? ???
WSS
The Cub Scout salute? ???
WSS
Yeah either Satan is a scout or the scouts have some explaining to do haha.
-
The Cub Scout salute? ???
WSS
The Cub Scout salute? ???
WSS
You didn't know that Beelzebub was an Eagle Scout?
-
I hope it plays Slayer.
I hope it plays Slayer.
Slayer or it fails
-
-
How are the 10 Commandments secular? I realize some of our law was based on the 10 Commandments (as well as a lot of other old documents) but I am not sure how you could call it "secular"
It is Oklahoma though... what are ya gonna do?
Well, I hope every other group just fills the lawn with random shit
-
"The Ten Commandments monument on the Oklahoma Capitol grounds is constitutional because of its historical value,"
I'm sorry, 'historical' value? Implying that they definitively happened? I don't care about the statue, but the judge's reasoning is pretty iffy, along with the aforementioned supposed secularity of the monument.
-
I expect to see about 30 monuments built by people who make up a religion on the fly.
I expect to see about 30 monuments built by people who make up a religion on the fly.

"The Ten Commandments monument on the Oklahoma Capitol grounds is constitutional because of its historical value,"
I'm sorry, 'historical' value? Implying that they definitively happened? I don't care about the statue, but the judge's reasoning is pretty iffy, along with the aforementioned supposed secularity of the monument.
They do serve, whether you believe the story of how Moses came down from the mountain with the tablets or not, as the basis of Laws in most Western Civilizations, so they do have 'historical' value which makes a legitimate reason to have around government buildings.
-
Bacchus
WSS
-
I expect to see about 30 monuments built by people who make up a religion on the fly.

"The Ten Commandments monument on the Oklahoma Capitol grounds is constitutional because of its historical value,"
I'm sorry, 'historical' value? Implying that they definitively happened? I don't care about the statue, but the judge's reasoning is pretty iffy, along with the aforementioned supposed secularity of the monument.
They do serve, whether you believe the story of how Moses came down from the mountain with the tablets or not, as the basis of Laws in most Western Civilizations, so they do have 'historical' value which makes a legitimate reason to have around government buildings.
They do serve, whether you believe the story of how Moses came down from the mountain with the tablets or not, as the basis of Laws in most Western Civilizations, so they do have 'historical' value which makes a legitimate reason to have around government buildings.
Because there are so many laws against following the wrong religion, skipping church, talking back to your parents, and coveting your neighbor's wife and material shit
There are penalties for murder and theft in every civilization. So I could make the same argument with just about any other theory of law that may have marginally influenced western civilizations. -
They do serve, whether you believe the story of how Moses came down from the mountain with the tablets or not, as the basis of Laws in most Western Civilizations, so they do have 'historical' value which makes a legitimate reason to have around government buildings.
Because there are so many laws against following the wrong religion, skipping church, talking back to your parents, and coveting your neighbor's wife and material shit
There are penalties for murder and theft in every civilization. So I could make the same argument with just about any other theory of law that may have marginally influenced western civilizations.Because there are so many laws against following the wrong religion, skipping church, talking back to your parents, and coveting your neighbor's wife and material shit
There are penalties for murder and theft in every civilization. So I could make the same argument with just about any other theory of law that may have marginally influenced western civilizations.Do you feel another theory or law did more than the commandments? Greek\Roman law? or even Babylonian\Egyptian law....or just disagreeing to disagree?
-
I hope it plays Slayer.
I hope it plays Slayer.
If not, then 'Shout at the Devil"
-
Because there are so many laws against following the wrong religion, skipping church, talking back to your parents, and coveting your neighbor's wife and material shit
There are penalties for murder and theft in every civilization. So I could make the same argument with just about any other theory of law that may have marginally influenced western civilizations.Do you feel another theory or law did more than the commandments? Greek\Roman law? or even Babylonian\Egyptian law....or just disagreeing to disagree?
Do you feel another theory or law did more than the commandments? Greek\Roman law? or even Babylonian\Egyptian law....or just disagreeing to disagree?
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make idols.
- You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet.
There are 3 laws in there that are part of modern society.
The first 4 aren't relevent in today's society.
5 is good advice, but we wouldn't need the bible to tell us that - look at any tribe and the elders are always the most respected.
7 isn't a law. Regrettable, maybe, but not illegal.
Coveting your neighbours stuff is how most of suburbia works - neighbour gets a new TV, I want a new TV. I get a new ride-on lawnmower, my neighbour gets one with a bigger engine.
Saying they're the basis for our law system is a stretch.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login