Where the F is Crowell
-
I think we would be better of going back to Crow / Tate. Crow had the 3 fumbles in one game but I don't recall any issues prior to that game. Our running game sucks enough that it is worth the gamble with our upcoming schedule. Hook him up working with Tiki Barber. He used to be a fumble machine before he became a stud.
-
-
block was nasty
that block gets the game ball.....
-
block was nasty
that block gets the game ball.....
-
block was nasty
that block gets the game ball.....
-
Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.
Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.
Well said.
I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.
-
I like what I saw from West today. He executed in all aspects.
His block set helped set up the touchdown. He caught a TD. And he didn't dance.. and was physical, finishing runs hard.
He has some serious upside.
-
Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.
Well said.
I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.
I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.
Agree... check Pettine's post-game presser out. Talked about West earning his carries and an expanded role after "his best week of practice."
Doesn't mean Crow won't get shots Thursday nite... with fresh legs he just might. But today? No...
It does seem to me that a HC with an OC background is more tolerant of an RB losing a fumble here and there, than is a HC with a DC background. No data... just an impression...
-
Saving him for Thurs., at least that's my story for now. Fresh legs early and late in the game.
Beat the f'ing Bengals.
-
Won't matter how fresh his legs are if the line can't run block.
-
Does anyone have any reliable info on Crowell? Why aren't we using our best running back? It's not like we don't need him.
-
All I've heard is part of it is his ball security issues. The coaches have said they decide who plays based on how they perform in practice (and apparently West has been tearing it up in practice), and according to Pettine, it's Montgomery, the RB coach, who determines the carries during the game.
-
Same place he was 4 days ago...
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30761&hl=crowell
-
I may be wrong as usual but I suspect we see his fresh legs at some point tonight. The Bengals run D has sucked over the last month, we need to take advantage. On a side note I ended up staying in Cincy tonight on the way home from TN. They dont seem to like it here in the bar when i say "here kitty kitty" and then bark loud in their faces haha
-
My hopes are that they have been saving him for TONIGHT. While that may be far fetched, I still believe they know who the best back is right now. If some holes can open tonight, I hope it's the Crow hittin' em. I like West and Tate a lot, but I feel as a though Crowell adds that real spark reminiscent of J Cribbs. Would be mind boggling to me if he doesn't get a boat load of action tonight.
-
suffering from a mean case of the fumbalitis.
-
Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.
Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.
You said a mouth full. With West and Crowell the one-two punch would wear a defense down.
-
-
-
It apparently matters, he is ripping off chunk yardage. If he can protect the ball he is by far the best back we have period.
If...
The line created creases, if not holes. All the backs performed well. None stood out on the stat sheet, but Crow is undeniably the flashiest runner, but the least complete.
He's also still the #3...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login