Skip to content

Was the 1st interception all on Hoyer?

The Browns Board
21 10 658
  • That Hoyer threw it that far off, it had to be Gordon didn't run his route correctly.

    What I have a slight problem with is Gordon's body language after the INT. Maybe he was mentally giving himself lumps for screwing up, but I thought he should've been turning on a dime and trying to tackle. He's fast enough.

    Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but my concern is his attitude in situations like that. I hope I'm looking into something that isn't really there.

    @tml1138 said:

    That Hoyer threw it that far off, it had to be Gordon didn't run his route correctly.

    What I have a slight problem with is Gordon's body language after the INT. Maybe he was mentally giving himself lumps for screwing up, but I thought he should've been turning on a dime and trying to tackle. He's fast enough.

    Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but my concern is his attitude in situations like that. I hope I'm looking into something that isn't really there.

    I agree, his lack of effort should be a concern.

  • Nothing happens in a vacuum but that's the way it goes.

    If we are riding the excuse train remember Johnny had two passes hit the receivers in the hands but...

    WSS

  • I always thought on 2 deep safeties, the WR should go OUTSIDE!

    The 2 deep safeties are INSIDE.

    Watch Aaron Rodgers. He throws the ball down the sidelines IN BETWEEN the safety and the corner.

    It takes the safety a lot longer to cover the sidelines, then it does the hash

    @browns149 said:

    I always thought on 2 deep safeties, the WR should go OUTSIDE!

    The 2 deep safeties are INSIDE.

    Watch Aaron Rodgers. He throws the ball down the sidelines IN BETWEEN the safety and the corner.

    It takes the safety a lot longer to cover the sidelines, then it does the hash

    When the safety is playing outside leverage or outside of the hash, you run the skinny. Pretty easy read as a receiver.

    1st pick is on Gordon. If He's there like he should be -it's a big gain. Hypothetical - if Hoyer waits to see him get into his break the ball will be late and the safety will still be there. Receiver has to see what the QB does.

  • That 1st Int might actually be on Shanny now that I see what some of you guys are saying, and it makes sense. Should Shanny be having Gordon run complicated routes where he has to read the coverage and figure out what Hoyer is going to do assuming Hoyer see's the same thing? That might me too much for Josh..he's an athletic kid but doesn't strike me as a student of the game. He can count to whatever and turn and look back at the QB..those are routes made for him. Predetermined timed routes. Let the hot reads go to guys like Hawkins and Austin or our TE's. At least this season. Gordon may need a year or two of uninterrupted non suspended playing time to fully acclimate to Shanny's system.

  • ManzielSucks said:

    Gordon isn't smart enough to run a different route depending on coverage.

    Why are you here? Seriously? Are you a Browns fan at all?

  • It's never Brian Hoyers fault.

    @walterwhite said:

    It's never Brian Hoyers fault.

    'Bout time you started quoting me... No? Or is passive-aggressive your internet style of choice?

    FYI... the second INT was totally on Hoyer. He got suckered in... and this was only the third time I've said so.

  • ManzielSucks said:

    Why are you here? Other then to ask me stupid questions. Do you talk football at all? This is your only post in this whole thread... Look around more then just me think he can't read defenses.

    I'm here because I'm a Browns fan. You couldn't even admit to being a Browns fan when I confronted you with a very easy to understand question. So, your douchebag answer says it all. You're a troll.

    Go fuck yourself (I didn't want to shorten that, because of your lack of reading comprehension skills)

  • ManzielSucks said:

    Why are you here? Other then to ask me stupid questions. Do you talk football at all? This is your only post in this whole thread... Look around more then just me think he can't read defenses.

    You talking about Manziel for reading defenses?

    He definitely mastered some concepts at A&M and demonstrated making the throw to the 2nd, 3rd progressions for those concepts. One in awhile he was locked on pre snap, but not all that often.

    Of course, I'm sure the pass concepts are many more and more difficult in Shanny's system than what he had at A&M. But how he executes on those can only really be evaluated by the staff since we haven't seen him run it.

    It's pretty obvious I'm not sucking Johnny around here, but there should be some objective evaluation to both these guys. There a lot who are totally biased one way or the other, you're one of them.

    But yes, it certainly isn't all on Hoyer. Gordon's made more mistakes than we probably think he has.

  • ManzielSucks said:

    I never mentioned Manziel in this thread till just now. I was talking about the WRs responsibility to read the DB and LBs for his route changes.

    Then yes, I believe Gordon has made more mistakes than people realize. Hoyer also hasn't really looked around so much since he's been back for whatever reason.

  • yup....I hope johhny understands this and doesn't try to use Gordon as a crutch. Johhny needs to be dishing the ball to Austin and Hawkins, the pro route runners. Get some attention off Gordon than throw one deep and let Gordon run under it, which is what he's best at. There's a problem with that though and we saw it last season, Dustin Fox looked at a bunch of all 22 and said if you look at the plays from the all 22..you see Gordon loaf off the line on every single play that isn't going to him. The secondary reads him on every play. We can't have that.

    ManzielSucks said:

    Gordon isn't smart enough to run a different route depending on coverage.