What About Suh?
-
I'm good on suh
-
I'm good on suh
I'm good on suh
At $22 mil?....really?
So, which starters should we cut to pay for him?(about 5 or 6 good ones should do it)
-
No I'm good on him. We don't need him. He's a dirty player and I don't want to see him in brown. I'm good.
-
As a Packers fan (and a Browns fan secondly), I've seen plenty of this guy ever since I started following football a few years ago.
He's a terrific player whom you have to account for on any play, but he's not worth what it's going to cost to bring him to Cleveland. He's on the same level as Gerald McCoy without the injury concerns but with character concerns. If McCoy's getting 14 mil a year, there's no way Suh is worth more than 15.
Both the Browns and the Packers play a 3-4, so I don't see him as a good fit. A 3-4 DE is more of a run-stopper than a pass rusher, so you're giving up your teams future financial flexibility to play a guy out of position. Don't think Farmer is that kind of guy.
-
-
Hell no, why was this even brought up? 20m? Holy fucking shit. We've got one of the best if not THE best cap situation in all of football....and we'd torpedo that right in the balls with one signing. Even if we moved to a 4-3 don't want him. IF he'd sign for 8-10m, that's a different story. The only high value front 7 FA I want the Browns looking at in the offseason is Justin Houston.
-
i agree with diehard that we need some mean and nasties on our line(S). gotta think there will be a couple for farmer to choose from in the draft next year.
start feeding them pink insulation and dickel.
-
Getting Suh could cause other players to demand more money. But a Super Bowl would shut them up. I still think the answer is to draft a younger version. Detroit is unloading his salary for a reason. They can't pay the other players. When one guy makes all that money teams tend to flounder. I.e. Jay Cutler, Flacco, .
-
Well hell, I guess I'll have to recruit us another Aggie then. LOL!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/broncos-pick-up-5th-year-option-on-von-millers-contract/
-
Well hell, I guess I'll have to recruit us another Aggie then. LOL!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/broncos-pick-up-5th-year-option-on-von-millers-contract/
Well hell, I guess I'll have to recruit us another Aggie then. LOL!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/broncos-pick-up-5th-year-option-on-von-millers-contract/
Us? What do you mean Us Kemo Sabe?
-
Donkey-Kong Suh is a beast. But he needs to quit playing like a dirty bitch. Either way, he'd be on your side so that probly wouldn't matter as much

-
-
A Boy Named Suh is already the Lions' all time sack leader for DT. A force to be reckoned with, and a dirty player if he is your opponent but tough and an intense competitor if he is on your team.
But if someone signs him what do you they use to pay the rest of the team? Everyone would want to renegotiate.
No fear of Pittsburgh signing him, they have invested their big defensive money in ultra lightweight titanium walkers for Taylor and Polamalu so they have a better shot at covering A.J. Green this Sunday.
-
tbh, I've been at two Detroit games the last couple years...including last years shovel pass bowl. Suh didn't stand out to me in either game. Our O line looked like they kept him in check, maybe not entirely but he didn't dominate the game. And I've made my feelings about our O line clear. Just get an SEC D lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round. If by some miracle though Bosa is there when we pick....I think we have to take him. What I've seen from Bosa this year has me thinking he's the next Watt but possibly better. I say that because I think he's already a better run stopper than Watt was his first two years in the NFL. I understand Watt had to transition from a strict 4-3 DE in college whereas Bosa's been moved around much more. But Bosa's showing that off shoulder edge rush that Watt has when he's lined up as a 4-3 DE and also shows interior line moves when they move him inside....and he's so fucking disciplined against run. That's what impresses me the most. I love that. He looks run first than releases to the QB like a boss. I'd much rather draft him, if possible, than sign a giant monkey like Suh who I really don't like. And it's not so much for his onfield shit as it is for me me attitude. Like he thinks he's a DL diva. We let wr's get away with that...not the trench guys.
-
As a Packers fan (and a Browns fan secondly), I've seen plenty of this guy ever since I started following football a few years ago.
He's a terrific player whom you have to account for on any play, but he's not worth what it's going to cost to bring him to Cleveland. He's on the same level as Gerald McCoy without the injury concerns but with character concerns. If McCoy's getting 14 mil a year, there's no way Suh is worth more than 15.
Both the Browns and the Packers play a 3-4, so I don't see him as a good fit. A 3-4 DE is more of a run-stopper than a pass rusher, so you're giving up your teams future financial flexibility to play a guy out of position. Don't think Farmer is that kind of guy.
He would fit great as a 3/4 end and be the best in the league. NT will be a big need for us in the offseason, I doubt Rubin will be back. Were pretty good on the Ends, and deep. Hell Id bet Suh would be a great there too, but he wouldnt want to play it. From what Ive heard hes a good guy off the field and in the locker room. Hes just does dumb shit sometimes.As a Packers fan (and a Browns fan secondly), I've seen plenty of this guy ever since I started following football a few years ago.
He's a terrific player whom you have to account for on any play, but he's not worth what it's going to cost to bring him to Cleveland. He's on the same level as Gerald McCoy without the injury concerns but with character concerns. If McCoy's getting 14 mil a year, there's no way Suh is worth more than 15.
Both the Browns and the Packers play a 3-4, so I don't see him as a good fit. A 3-4 DE is more of a run-stopper than a pass rusher, so you're giving up your teams future financial flexibility to play a guy out of position. Don't think Farmer is that kind of guy.
-
He would fit great as a 3/4 end and be the best in the league. NT will be a big need for us in the offseason, I doubt Rubin will be back. Were pretty good on the Ends, and deep. Hell Id bet Suh would be a great there too, but he wouldnt want to play it. From what Ive heard hes a good guy off the field and in the locker room. Hes just does dumb shit sometimes.As a Packers fan (and a Browns fan secondly), I've seen plenty of this guy ever since I started following football a few years ago.
He's a terrific player whom you have to account for on any play, but he's not worth what it's going to cost to bring him to Cleveland. He's on the same level as Gerald McCoy without the injury concerns but with character concerns. If McCoy's getting 14 mil a year, there's no way Suh is worth more than 15.
Both the Browns and the Packers play a 3-4, so I don't see him as a good fit. A 3-4 DE is more of a run-stopper than a pass rusher, so you're giving up your teams future financial flexibility to play a guy out of position. Don't think Farmer is that kind of guy.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
He would fit great as a 3/4 end and be the best in the league. NT will be a big need for us in the offseason, I doubt Rubin will be back. Were pretty good on the Ends, and deep. Hell Id bet Suh would be a great there too, but he wouldnt want to play it. From what Ive heard hes a good guy off the field and in the locker room. Hes just does dumb shit sometimes.
Watt is the best 3-4 DE in the league....Suh wouldn't come close. Watt is everybit as strong and fast, if not stronger and faster, and simply more driven. I don't think Suh would be any better than Mugshot personally at the 3-4 5 tech.
-
Watt is like from another planet...There's him ....then everybody else....if ANY defender is worth QB money, it's him.....
Suh has pretty average #'s(38 tkl/5.5 sks) overall, though I know he occupies and disrupts more than the stats show. He creates for others, so to speak.....but him and Bryant have the same basic tackles/sacks and Bryant missed a bunch of games early....
I agree that BOSA could be the next GREAT one.....a complete player in every way!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login