Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
189 45 11.9k
  • Think I'm going to take a break from football. This shit is getting old.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Think I'm going to take a break from football. This shit is getting old.

    Don't stop now, it's been this way since 1999 with the exception of 2 years

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Think I'm going to take a break from football. This shit is getting old.

    Don't stop now, it's been this way since 1999 with the exception of 2 years

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    Don't stop now, it's been this way since 1999 with the exception of 2 years

    Been watching a lot longer then 1999 my friend.

  • @baconhound said:

    Don't stop now, it's been this way since 1999 with the exception of 2 years

    Been watching a lot longer then 1999 my friend.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Been watching a lot longer then 1999 my friend.

    Yeah but before the move we had some good years.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @everlastingxxx said:

    Aikmans first start 17-35, 2 interceptions 180 yards. Cowboys lost 28-0.

    Just saying...

    Johnny is not Troy

    Just saying...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @everlastingxxx said:

    People who judge a Qbs career after one start are morons and have no football knowledge. Judge the game instead of pushing an agenda.

    As was said in the Tavern... just judging one game at a time.

    There will be more to judge and odds are/ pray God, they will be better showings.

    @everlastingxxx said:

    Aikmans first start 17-35, 2 interceptions 180 yards. Cowboys lost 28-0.

    Just saying...

    Gee whiz. You're right. Makes us feel so fucking much better we think we'll put on a show in the barn...

  • T TexasKevin06 wrote on last edited by

    One thing to consider is he didn't get many chances to do anything because Cincy controlled the ball for much of the game. 18 passes and 5 runs is hardly a good sample size, especially considering all the other factors (first game, terrible play by most everybody, playoff atmosphere, and the Bengals playing great). If we are talking about this game and maybe the next two, yeah, it isn't looking so great. But you can hardly say one way or another what this means for the rest of his career. Sure, even I am less optimistic but just barely so. If he plays well next week a lot of this goes away.

  • One thing to consider is he didn't get many chances to do anything because Cincy controlled the ball for much of the game. 18 passes and 5 runs is hardly a good sample size, especially considering all the other factors (first game, terrible play by most everybody, playoff atmosphere, and the Bengals playing great). If we are talking about this game and maybe the next two, yeah, it isn't looking so great. But you can hardly say one way or another what this means for the rest of his career. Sure, even I am less optimistic but just barely so. If he plays well next week a lot of this goes away.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly

    @texaskevin06 said:

    . If he plays well next week a lot of this goes away.

    Precisely.....so no need for folks to get ruffled when we point out the obvious flaws.....it's part of the game.....

    Good take Kevin

  • One thing to consider is he didn't get many chances to do anything because Cincy controlled the ball for much of the game. 18 passes and 5 runs is hardly a good sample size, especially considering all the other factors (first game, terrible play by most everybody, playoff atmosphere, and the Bengals playing great). If we are talking about this game and maybe the next two, yeah, it isn't looking so great. But you can hardly say one way or another what this means for the rest of his career. Sure, even I am less optimistic but just barely so. If he plays well next week a lot of this goes away.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texaskevin06 said:

    One thing to consider is he didn't get many chances to do anything because Cincy controlled the ball for much of the game. 18 passes and 5 runs is hardly a good sample size, especially considering all the other factors (first game, terrible play by most everybody, playoff atmosphere, and the Bengals playing great). If we are talking about this game and maybe the next two, yeah, it isn't looking so great. But you can hardly say one way or another what this means for the rest of his career. Sure, even I am less optimistic but just barely so. If he plays well next week a lot of this goes away.

    You comment on the TOP imbalance as if JM had no role in that. Convert a 3rd down... make a play... and you get to keep the ball.

    This was a far worse showing than even I, a Manziel skeptic, saw coming.

    I could not imagine the gap between your lofty expectations and this pure shit showing... could not anyway until I saw what has come out of your now wide open rationalization spigot.

    More still in the pipeline?

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    JFF gonna wreck this league.

  • @texaskevin06 said:

    One thing to consider is he didn't get many chances to do anything because Cincy controlled the ball for much of the game. 18 passes and 5 runs is hardly a good sample size, especially considering all the other factors (first game, terrible play by most everybody, playoff atmosphere, and the Bengals playing great). If we are talking about this game and maybe the next two, yeah, it isn't looking so great. But you can hardly say one way or another what this means for the rest of his career. Sure, even I am less optimistic but just barely so. If he plays well next week a lot of this goes away.

    You comment on the TOP imbalance as if JM had no role in that. Convert a 3rd down... make a play... and you get to keep the ball.

    This was a far worse showing than even I, a Manziel skeptic, saw coming.

    I could not imagine the gap between your lofty expectations and this pure shit showing... could not anyway until I saw what has come out of your now wide open rationalization spigot.

    More still in the pipeline?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    More still in the pipeline?

    I think that came from the same pipeline that claims our D lost this game. Even though we didn't score. Rational, I know.

    D did allow a long opening drive, which set the tone. O couldn't stay on the field long enough to rest them....ever....so....

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Let me throw a big "what if" scenario out there.

    What if JF looks like a steaming pile of shit for the next 2 games.

    Does Farmer start thinking about drafting a QB in next year's draft?

  • Let me throw a big "what if" scenario out there.

    What if JF looks like a steaming pile of shit for the next 2 games.

    Does Farmer start thinking about drafting a QB in next year's draft?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Let me throw a big "what if" scenario out there.

    What if JF looks like a steaming pile of shit for the next 2 games.

    Does Farmer start thinking about drafting a QB in next year's draft?

    Who? We are way down the totem pole for number one pick.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Let me throw a big "what if" scenario out there.

    What if JF looks like a steaming pile of shit for the next 2 games.

    Does Farmer start thinking about drafting a QB in next year's draft?

    Who? We are way down the totem pole for number one pick.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Who? We are way down the totem pole for number one pick.

    Well we do have two number one picks.

    And would it have to be a number one pick?

  • Let me throw a big "what if" scenario out there.

    What if JF looks like a steaming pile of shit for the next 2 games.

    Does Farmer start thinking about drafting a QB in next year's draft?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Does Farmer start thinking about drafting a QB in next year's draft?

    Only if we have the 22nd pick......

    Maybe Winston will free fall.....imagine him and Johnny in the same locker room....where would we fit all the reporters??

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Does Farmer start thinking about drafting a QB in next year's draft?

    Only if we have the 22nd pick......

    Maybe Winston will free fall.....imagine him and Johnny in the same locker room....where would we fit all the reporters??

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Only if we have the 22nd pick......

    Maybe Winston will free fall.....imagine him and Johnny in the same locker room....where would we fit all the reporters??

    Maybe Connor Shaw will quietly light up the NFL.

  • Let me throw a big "what if" scenario out there.

    What if JF looks like a steaming pile of shit for the next 2 games.

    Does Farmer start thinking about drafting a QB in next year's draft?

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Let me throw a big "what if" scenario out there.

    What if JF looks like a steaming pile of shit for the next 2 games.

    Does Farmer start thinking about drafting a QB in next year's draft?

    God I hope not, this team isn't a QB away from serious contention.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Does Farmer start thinking about drafting a QB in next year's draft?

    Only if we have the 22nd pick......

    Maybe Winston will free fall.....imagine him and Johnny in the same locker room....where would we fit all the reporters??

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Only if we have the 22nd pick......

    Maybe Winston will free fall.....imagine him and Johnny in the same locker room....where would we fit all the reporters??

    Please keep that headcase away from my team.

    Overall total team loss. Everyone pretty much stunk. Johnny was far worse than I thought he'd be and I wasn't expecting much.

    Good news, it can't get much worse than that. Bad news, it sure as hell can stay he same.

  • @texaskevin06 said:

    One thing to consider is he didn't get many chances to do anything because Cincy controlled the ball for much of the game. 18 passes and 5 runs is hardly a good sample size, especially considering all the other factors (first game, terrible play by most everybody, playoff atmosphere, and the Bengals playing great). If we are talking about this game and maybe the next two, yeah, it isn't looking so great. But you can hardly say one way or another what this means for the rest of his career. Sure, even I am less optimistic but just barely so. If he plays well next week a lot of this goes away.

    You comment on the TOP imbalance as if JM had no role in that. Convert a 3rd down... make a play... and you get to keep the ball.

    This was a far worse showing than even I, a Manziel skeptic, saw coming.

    I could not imagine the gap between your lofty expectations and this pure shit showing... could not anyway until I saw what has come out of your now wide open rationalization spigot.

    More still in the pipeline?

    T TexasKevin06 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    You comment on the TOP imbalance as if JM had no role in that. Convert a 3rd down... make a play... and you get to keep the ball.

    This was a far worse showing than even I, a Manziel skeptic, saw coming.

    I could not imagine the gap between your lofty expectations and this pure shit showing... could not anyway until I saw what has come out of your now wide open rationalization spigot.

    More still in the pipeline?

    Absolutely he had a huge part in the offensive struggles. But a total of 18 pass attempts, half of which the defenders where all over him, isn't any thing to over analyze. He completed 10 by the way, so it's not like he was missing guys left and right. The two interceptions and a couple other throws were awful, but they were clearly bad decisions that I am sure Shanahan and Johnny will go over. Johnny probably doesn't force those throws if we are ahead or closer to the Bengals. If there were open guys and Johnny was missing them and got sacked that is one thing. But we don't know if guys were open or not. Maybe the coverage was really good. His 5 rush for 13 yards isn't the end of the world either. Like I said with Hoyer all year no matter the stats there is no excuse for not scoring touchdowns. I didn't expect Johnny to come in a win the game by himself. I expected 2+ turnovers but clearly I didn't expect the 0 points.

    Johnny may well be a bust and this game could be a sign of things to come but none of us knows that yet. Are you really considering drafting a QB based on 23 plays?

  • @tour2ma said:

    You comment on the TOP imbalance as if JM had no role in that. Convert a 3rd down... make a play... and you get to keep the ball.

    This was a far worse showing than even I, a Manziel skeptic, saw coming.

    I could not imagine the gap between your lofty expectations and this pure shit showing... could not anyway until I saw what has come out of your now wide open rationalization spigot.

    More still in the pipeline?

    Absolutely he had a huge part in the offensive struggles. But a total of 18 pass attempts, half of which the defenders where all over him, isn't any thing to over analyze. He completed 10 by the way, so it's not like he was missing guys left and right. The two interceptions and a couple other throws were awful, but they were clearly bad decisions that I am sure Shanahan and Johnny will go over. Johnny probably doesn't force those throws if we are ahead or closer to the Bengals. If there were open guys and Johnny was missing them and got sacked that is one thing. But we don't know if guys were open or not. Maybe the coverage was really good. His 5 rush for 13 yards isn't the end of the world either. Like I said with Hoyer all year no matter the stats there is no excuse for not scoring touchdowns. I didn't expect Johnny to come in a win the game by himself. I expected 2+ turnovers but clearly I didn't expect the 0 points.

    Johnny may well be a bust and this game could be a sign of things to come but none of us knows that yet. Are you really considering drafting a QB based on 23 plays?

    A Andruw u wrote on last edited by

    @texaskevin06 said:

    Absolutely he had a huge part in the offensive struggles. But a total of 18 pass attempts, half of which the defenders where all over him, isn't any thing to over analyze. He completed 10 by the way, so it's not like he was missing guys left and right. The two interceptions and a couple other throws were awful, but they were clearly bad decisions that I am sure Shanahan and Johnny will go over. Johnny probably doesn't force those throws if we are ahead or closer to the Bengals. If there were open guys and Johnny was missing them and got sacked that is one thing. But we don't know if guys were open or not. Maybe the coverage was really good. His 5 rush for 13 yards isn't the end of the world either. Like I said with Hoyer all year no matter the stats there is no excuse for not scoring touchdowns. I didn't expect Johnny to come in a win the game by himself. I expected 2+ turnovers but clearly I didn't expect the 0 points.

    Johnny may well be a bust and this game could be a sign of things to come but none of us knows that yet. Are you really considering drafting a QB based on 23 plays?

    It's okay, we still want to count the Buffalo plays, too.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @everlastingxxx said:

    If Troy Aikman, Hall of Famer and Super Bowl MVP could struggle mightly in his first start, how much more someone of equal or lesser talent?

    I had to hear my dad yell and scream about how Aikman sucked and shouldn't have been drafted for a whole season. I kept telling him it was too soon he would get better. He did.

    I am using this example because it's what I saw first hand and what kindof celling he can have. Young and Farve (scrambling Qbs) it took them a few years to become great.

    Please let's not put Manziel in the Aikman, Favre & Young category.