Skip to content

Hoyer

The Browns Board
114 32 4.1k
  • Damn Slim, l feel like you're pulling a Jerry McGuire on me. But l'm with you! Hoyer nation!

    But the fine print here. I don't know shit about shit, all l know is what l think l know until l'm told otherwise. I saw an entire team play their guts out last week, and l saw that same team going through the motions today.

    Am l wrong? Please somebody set me straight.

    And Taco, l've had about enough of you. All l want is a goddamn taco from you. Put out or get out bitch.

    Waitaminnute... Stockton?

  • I believe brian exists. But as the qb of the browns moving forward I have my doubts.

  • A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

  • A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    @tacosman said:

    A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    Ha ha, good to have you back man. I could tell by the way you write. All wordy and disregarding of certain shit. Yeah...

  • @tacosman said:

    A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    Ha ha, good to have you back man. I could tell by the way you write. All wordy and disregarding of certain shit. Yeah...

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Ha ha, good to have you back man. I could tell by the way you write. All wordy and disregarding of certain shit. Yeah...

    Yup, Stocky zombies himself back again.

  • A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    @tacosman said:

    A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    You are a presumptuous fucking asshole. Your Aggie Manziel loving ass knows nothing about Browns fans and patience. You sign up today as you said because Manziel was starting and try to tell us about patience as Browns fans? Screw you. Your posts are littered with your arrogant bullshit. If you think his performance in the next two games have no impact on next years draft you are even dumber than your posts.
  • This owner/FO dumped Weeden after a year and a half. Dumped the entire coaching staff after only 1 year, and Stocky boy (tacomeat) thinks that these last 3 games wont " affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way"?? Dumbass

  • This owner/FO dumped Weeden after a year and a half. Dumped the entire coaching staff after only 1 year, and Stocky boy (tacomeat) thinks that these last 3 games wont " affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way"?? Dumbass

    @d-bone said:

    This owner/FO dumped Weeden after a year and a half. Dumped the entire coaching staff after only 1 year, and Stocky boy (tacomeat) thinks that these last 3 games wont " affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way"?? Dumbass

    Dumped after A YEAR AND A HALF....your own words. A year and a half for JF would mean he gets dumped early in the 2016 campaign if he plays as poorly as weeden,

  • @tacosman said:

    A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    You are a presumptuous fucking asshole. Your Aggie Manziel loving ass knows nothing about Browns fans and patience. You sign up today as you said because Manziel was starting and try to tell us about patience as Browns fans? Screw you. Your posts are littered with your arrogant bullshit. If you think his performance in the next two games have no impact on next years draft you are even dumber than your posts.

    @jcam222 said:

    You are a presumptuous fucking asshole. Your Aggie Manziel loving ass knows nothing about Browns fans and patience. You sign up today as you said because Manziel was starting and try to tell us about patience as Browns fans? Screw you. Your posts are littered with your arrogant bullshit. If you think his performance in the next two games have no impact on next years draft you are even dumber than your posts.

    Look I'm not going to stoop to your level....I know you are trying to bait me into it, but I'd just rather not.

    Manziel is the guy, and as a highly regarded first round draft pick he's going to get awhile. Let's come together to root for him together.

  • @jcam222 said:

    You are a presumptuous fucking asshole. Your Aggie Manziel loving ass knows nothing about Browns fans and patience. You sign up today as you said because Manziel was starting and try to tell us about patience as Browns fans? Screw you. Your posts are littered with your arrogant bullshit. If you think his performance in the next two games have no impact on next years draft you are even dumber than your posts.

    Look I'm not going to stoop to your level....I know you are trying to bait me into it, but I'd just rather not.

    Manziel is the guy, and as a highly regarded first round draft pick he's going to get awhile. Let's come together to root for him together.

    @tacosman said:

    Look I'm not going to stoop to your level....I know you are trying to bait me into it, but I'd just rather not.

    Manziel is the guy, and as a highly regarded first round draft pick he's going to get awhile. Let's come together to root for him together.

    Right on.

    So, l know you're all about the QB position, l get that. But what did you think about the rest of the team's performance behind him?

    I saw a bunch of guys going through the motions. If they won't put it on the line, it really doesn't matter who the QB is.

    Would you agree?

  • wish Somebody talked out haslem out of the manziel pick like the guy who talked Jerry Jones out of selecting manziel. Jones right now seems like a genius.

    @lbc-mike said:

    wish Somebody talked out haslem out of the manziel pick like the guy who talked Jerry Jones out of selecting manziel. Jones right now seems like a genius.

    That may be the first time in history that Jerry Jones and genius have been mentioned in the same paragraph.

  • @tacosman said:

    Look I'm not going to stoop to your level....I know you are trying to bait me into it, but I'd just rather not.

    Manziel is the guy, and as a highly regarded first round draft pick he's going to get awhile. Let's come together to root for him together.

    Right on.

    So, l know you're all about the QB position, l get that. But what did you think about the rest of the team's performance behind him?

    I saw a bunch of guys going through the motions. If they won't put it on the line, it really doesn't matter who the QB is.

    Would you agree?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Right on.

    So, l know you're all about the QB position, l get that. But what did you think about the rest of the team's performance behind him?

    I saw a bunch of guys going through the motions. If they won't put it on the line, it really doesn't matter who the QB is.

    Would you agree?

    Of course....the performance of the team has been up and down from game to game all year.

    I think we have a long way to go as a team. But stability at the qb position, which we have now, is one plus at least.

  • True, its Johnnys show the rest of the year. Just like most people, after the Colts game i was ready to see what jf could do. He has a long long way to go. Give him the Romo treatment and he might be OK. I think the Browns would be doin a disservice to themselves if they didnt resign Brian to a mid level contract and get serious about hiring a good QB coach and go from there.

    If Brian wants to walk, nothin they can do about that but i bet he wont want his cleveland legacy to end like this. I bet he'd re sign. Just my .02

  • True, its Johnnys show the rest of the year. Just like most people, after the Colts game i was ready to see what jf could do. He has a long long way to go. Give him the Romo treatment and he might be OK. I think the Browns would be doin a disservice to themselves if they didnt resign Brian to a mid level contract and get serious about hiring a good QB coach and go from there.

    If Brian wants to walk, nothin they can do about that but i bet he wont want his cleveland legacy to end like this. I bet he'd re sign. Just my .02

    @slimdawg said:

    True, its Johnnys show the rest of the year. Just like most people, after the Colts game i was ready to see what jf could do. He has a long long way to go. Give him the Romo treatment and he might be OK. I think the Browns would be doin a disservice to themselves if they didnt resign Brian to a mid level contract and get serious about hiring a good QB coach and go from there.

    If Brian wants to walk, nothin they can do about that but i bet he wont want his cleveland legacy to end like this. I bet he'd re sign. Just my .02

    Why not really, guy who knows the system, won't cost much, and has been effective.

    He may prefer to leave if he has a better chance to start somewhere else though.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Right on.

    So, l know you're all about the QB position, l get that. But what did you think about the rest of the team's performance behind him?

    I saw a bunch of guys going through the motions. If they won't put it on the line, it really doesn't matter who the QB is.

    Would you agree?

    Of course....the performance of the team has been up and down from game to game all year.

    I think we have a long way to go as a team. But stability at the qb position, which we have now, is one plus at least.

    @tacosman said:

    Of course....the performance of the team has been up and down from game to game all year.

    I think we have a long way to go as a team. But stability at the qb position, which we have now, is one plus at least.

    .

    You think what we saw today was "stability at the QB position?"

    Come on Stock. You know better than that. The rest of the team has to be able to be led by the guy. Did you see that?

  • @slimdawg said:

    True, its Johnnys show the rest of the year. Just like most people, after the Colts game i was ready to see what jf could do. He has a long long way to go. Give him the Romo treatment and he might be OK. I think the Browns would be doin a disservice to themselves if they didnt resign Brian to a mid level contract and get serious about hiring a good QB coach and go from there.

    If Brian wants to walk, nothin they can do about that but i bet he wont want his cleveland legacy to end like this. I bet he'd re sign. Just my .02

    Why not really, guy who knows the system, won't cost much, and has been effective.

    He may prefer to leave if he has a better chance to start somewhere else though.

    @bbedward said:

    Why not really, guy who knows the system, won't cost much, and has been effective.

    He may prefer to leave if he has a better chance to start somewhere else though.

    When you look at how much cap space we will have going into the offseason, hoyer will cost a lot.

    I bet hoyer gets at least 6.5 mill from someone next year. Maybe a decent amt more. He will get more than Kyle orton did this offseason I bet.

    We aren't good enough to tie up that sort of cap money when there are other things we could spend it on

  • @tacosman said:

    Of course....the performance of the team has been up and down from game to game all year.

    I think we have a long way to go as a team. But stability at the qb position, which we have now, is one plus at least.

    .

    You think what we saw today was "stability at the QB position?"

    Come on Stock. You know better than that. The rest of the team has to be able to be led by the guy. Did you see that?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    .

    You think what we saw today was "stability at the QB position?"

    Come on Stock. You know better than that. The rest of the team has to be able to be led by the guy. Did you see that?

    What we saw today was not a good game by our qb. A bad game from a position which is now stable though.

  • A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    @tacosman said:

    A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    Shut ... the fuck ... up.

    Zombo

  • @bbedward said:

    Why not really, guy who knows the system, won't cost much, and has been effective.

    He may prefer to leave if he has a better chance to start somewhere else though.

    When you look at how much cap space we will have going into the offseason, hoyer will cost a lot.

    I bet hoyer gets at least 6.5 mill from someone next year. Maybe a decent amt more. He will get more than Kyle orton did this offseason I bet.

    We aren't good enough to tie up that sort of cap money when there are other things we could spend it on

    @tacosman said:

    When you look at how much cap space we will have going into the offseason, hoyer will cost a lot.

    I bet hoyer gets at least 6.5 mill from someone next year. Maybe a decent amt more. He will get more than Kyle orton did this offseason I bet.

    We aren't good enough to tie up that sort of cap money when there are other things we could spend it on

    We have plenty of cap space available for a decent QB, wont hurt at all......

  • Ok, first off, I was happy when Cleveland drafted Manziel even knowing we had Hoyer coming back from injury and he was still an unknown. I really liked jf's big play potential and excitability. In watching Hoyer last year for the few games before he got injured, I was really excited and intrigued. From what I saw, he just had that IT factor, intangibles that you want to see in your QB. He was a gamer, I could see it plain as day. I was really hopeful in what he could do this year as the starter.

    We all know how this years gone already, ups downs and then really down. Alot of people have written Hoyer off already and labeled him a backup, and maybe he is just that. I still think he's that gamer QB though. If you look at Brians bad games and bad throws, to me it all leads back to bad mechanics and bad habits, and that shit is all coachable.(Plus toward the end I think he was feelin the heat and pressing too much) The intangible shit and gamer mentality is not and he's got it. We've all seen it and if you havent than id suggest watching his 2 starts last year, or the 2nd half of week 1 game against Shitsburgh or the Baltiwhore game, or the Shitsburgh annihilation, Atlanta game, or just the Tennessee game which resulted in the LARGEST COME FROM BEHIND VICTORY IN CLEVELAND BROWNS HISTORY!! Oh shit, and it was also THE LARGEST COME FROM BEHIND VICTORY IN THE NFL EVER!!! EVER!!!

    Look, im not sayin that Brian can be the best QB of all time or anything like that, but do i see a QB that has some deficiencies that need work and if corrected and improved can be a solid above average QB for this franchise for the next decade? Make a few playoffs?(if andy dalton can, i have to beleive BH can) Possibly go to/win a SB??

    Fuck yeah I do! Am i the only one who thinks this is a real possibility??

    @slimdawg said:

    From what I saw, (Hoyer) just had that IT factor, intangibles that you want to see in your QB. He was a gamer, I could see it plain as day. I was really hopeful in what he could do this year as the starter.

    Look, im not sayin that Brian can be the best QB of all time or anything like that, but do i see a QB that has some deficiencies that need work and if corrected and improved can be a solid above average QB for this franchise for the next decade? Make a few playoffs?(if andy dalton can, i have to beleive BH can) Possibly go to/win a SB??

    Fuck yeah I do! Am i the only one who thinks this is a real possibility??

    We disagree on Manziel, but agree on Hoyer. Issue is not his ceiling, it was high enough if all that is needed is a complementary, game-manager QB. But through injury that ceased to be enough.

    Then issues arose with sustained performance at a level anywhere near his ceiling. What combination of physical and mental wear produced this? I haven't a clue.

    In the right team circumstance, yes, Hoyer could lead a team deep into the playoffs. I'm not sure those circumstances exists in CLE any longer.

    @j0hnnybg00d said:

    Just gotta hope he gets better.

    Hope is not a plan.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    But the fine print here. I don't know shit about shit, all l know is what l think l know until l'm told otherwise. I saw an entire team play their guts out last week, and l saw that same team going through the motions today.

    Am l wrong? Please somebody set me straight.

    And Taco, l've had about enough of you. All l want is a goddamn taco from you. Put out or get out bitch.

    Waitaminnute... Stockton?

    First, no way Taco is Stockton... for all his faults (and there were many), Stockton came across as being much more intelligent than Taco. Besides Stockton told us often that he was not a Manziel fan; that he had no idea whether JM would succeed or fail.

    If I'm wrong, then Taco's use of "then" and "than" will sort it out soon enough.

    Next, the lack of inspiration was notable Sunday. My feeling is that the team was waiting for JM to provide a spark on the field that never came.

    The game's only spark came from Robertson's INT. It produced a sustained, flag-fest of a drive that ended in a grotesque INT. After that it was over.