Skip to content

New OC again!

The Browns Board
196 49 9.6k
  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Shows a lack of class.

    And?

    @mudfly said:

    I dont know...but MY memory was there were early rumors(that continued thru the season) to the effect of pettine being a hoyer lover and shanny wanting jff

    Agree... Young Shanny seemed to me to be in JM's corner from the get-go. Surprises me that now everything is saying he was not.

    @tour2ma said:

    And? Agree... Young Shanny seemed to me to be in JM's corner from the get-go. Surprises me that now everything is saying he was not.

    It's possible he liked Manziel but didn't think he was ready to play, which has shown to be true.

  • I just read that if Kyle Shanahan gets the job as head coach in Buffalo he will make a deal to trade a draft pick to take Johnny Manziel with him.

    Okay I didn't actually read it I heard it somewhere.

    Okay I didn't actually really hear it anywhere, I just made it up.

    Where do I get an application for beat reporter?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I just read that if Kyle Shanahan gets the job as head coach in Buffalo he will make a deal to trade a draft pick to take Johnny Manziel with him.

    Okay I didn't actually read it I heard it somewhere.

    Okay I didn't actually really hear it anywhere, I just made it up.

    Where do I get an application for beat reporter?

    WSS

    Mary Kay Cabot has built a career on that method.

  • @jcam222 said:

    For what its worth according to Rotoworld Shanny was never a Manziel fan

    A source tells FOX Sports that the Browns are "parting ways" with OC Kyle Shanahan.

    The dysfunction that has plagued Cleveland's organization for the last 15 years continues. Just one year after landing a talented game-planner and offensive schemer, the Browns lose Shanahan on the heels of a disastrous Johnny Manziel pick and reports of "friction" between the coaches and the front office. Shanny (who was never on Team Manziel) reportedly asked for his release and was granted it, while quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains was canned Thursday. Shanahan, who will interview for the Bills' head coaching vacancy Thursday and has been linked to the 49ers' vacancy, won't hurt for other offers. Seahawks DC Dan Quinn wants him as his offensive coordinator if he lands a job and there are also rumors of three teams interested in Mike and Kyle as a package deal. The next Browns' OC will be their ninth since 2006.

    And here's the list of NFL people that are Manziel fans:

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    And here's the list of NFL people that are Manziel fans:

    Zombo

    You left Jerrah off the list? He's the best shot the Browns have for a trade deal.

  • @tour2ma said:

    And? Agree... Young Shanny seemed to me to be in JM's corner from the get-go. Surprises me that now everything is saying he was not.

    It's possible he liked Manziel but didn't think he was ready to play, which has shown to be true.

    @osiris said:

    It's possible he liked Manziel but didn't think he was ready to play, which has shown to be true.

    Point taken... I'm guessing Kyle was never Mr. Popular and I think there's a little Pied Piper in our diminutive QB.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i like it. no probs here.

    loggains was a waste and shanny over thunk his game planning, and quite frankly, it stunk.

    I don't know what embarrass me more? the fact that we are going through a nother offensive system when it was working or that a dumb f*** Browns fan actually likes this turn of events wth Shanahan.

    obviously Loggins was the main trigger for drafting Johnny Manziel so he got what he deserved. Biut Shanny this sucks

    @cdl15 said:

    I don't know what embarrass me more? the fact that we are going through a nother offensive system when it was working or that a dumb f*** Browns fan actually likes this turn of events wth Shanahan.

    you let a stranger embarrass you? wtf?

    well seeing the majority of people around here agree with my point of view...who's the dumbf*** now?

    btw, as soon as there were 3 HC slots available, you didn't think shanahan was going to try and apply to at least one of them, you dumbfuck? even if he had stayed this coming year, dollars to donuts he'd be gone next. so why not get a guy in here who wants to stay and doesn't want or need the HC gig to make him feel 'whole'?

    AND kyle's play calling sucked.

  • This organization is a fucking joke

    @baconhound said:

    This organization is a fucking joke

    Finally some intelligence on this forum

  • If RoosterDick and BaconHound got a room ...

    9 months later would we be welcoming "RoosterHound" or "BaconDick"?

    Zombo

  • If RoosterDick and BaconHound got a room ...

    9 months later would we be welcoming "RoosterHound" or "BaconDick"?

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    If RoosterDick and BaconHound got a room ...

    9 months later would we be welcoming "RoosterHound" or "BaconDick"?

    Zombo

    Great minds!! Lol believe it or not I was going to pose the same question. !! Don't forget the possibility of Hounddick or Roosterbacon. Roosterbacon is lower in fat.
  • I like the move. If one of my employees made it clear to everyone that he wasn't happy working for the company, I wouldn't wait until he handed in his letter of resignation. Don't want to be here? Guess what? You're not here. And don't let the door hit you on the way out! Frankly, he was way over-rated and as we say in business, "lose an employee, my task is to find an even better replacement."

  • Shanahan has a history of screwing the pooch when it comes to helping QBs develop. Weis or Trestman can get the most out of a QB. That will be helpful to whoever we bring in to compete with Johnny Pop Warner.

  • ghoulie, i think you might have to embed the audio file or post it to a host site and then the link.

    i don't want to have to download your uki styled accordian version of 'whip it' by devo. but i'd gladly play it off the forum.

    WSS knows how to do it.

    i thought for a second you were burning the candle on both ends as the last thread you started had a picture of some guy with sardines in his hands with the caption 'we need cheerleaders'.......

    uh???

  • I guess Bears QB coach Matt Cavanaugh is a candidate for OC. He worked with Pettine at the Jets...with Sanchez as QB no less, who is going to be available.

    And his assistant at the Jets was John DeFilippo, who then could be replacing Loggains as QB coach.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/former_bears_qb_coach_matt_cav.html

  • Cavanaugh or Trestman would be good fits, personality wise, I'm not so sure about Weis.

    Cavanaugh, on a side note for the youngsters, was a big deal when I was growing up back in the 70's, he was the QB of the Pitt team that won the National Championship with Dorsett. He had a long career as a NFL backup too. He was like Don Strock, but without actually playing, he had a great clipboard gig for several teams.

    73ac_35.JPG

    And while we are going down memory lane, here is Trestman as our OC in the Bernie days:

    8035520_f520.jpg

  • I guess Bears QB coach Matt Cavanaugh is a candidate for OC. He worked with Pettine at the Jets...with Sanchez as QB no less, who is going to be available.

    And his assistant at the Jets was John DeFilippo, who then could be replacing Loggains as QB coach.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/former_bears_qb_coach_matt_cav.html

    @tml1138 said:

    I guess Bears QB coach Matt Cavanaugh is a candidate for OC. He worked with Pettine at the Jets...with Sanchez as QB no less, who is going to be available.

    And his assistant at the Jets was John DeFilippo, who then could be replacing Loggains as QB coach.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/former_bears_qb_coach_matt_cav.html

    So Cavanaugh was the guy responsible for Sanchez' soaring success with the Jets?

    Well good to hear. Hey at least he's Irish.

    WSS

  • Cavanaugh was OC for the Ratbirds when they won the championship in 2000.

  • I thought Shanny did a good job masking Hoyer's flaws as long as he could, he gave us a chance to be competitive early in the season even though we were starting a backup QB and a bunch of backup WRs.

    He wants to move on elsewhere, and the Browns don't need somebody that doesn't want to be there.

    Now we have no OC, no QB coach and no QB with more than two starts or over 6'0.

    Here we go again ... could be fun, let's hope we they get it right, because if we shore up the D-line we definitely have a playoff defense on hand.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I thought Shanny did a good job masking Hoyer's flaws as long as he could, he gave us a chance to be competitive early in the season even though we were starting a backup QB and a bunch of backup WRs.

    This^^

  • Our best offense came with a dedicated FB infront of one of our RB's. Establishing the run than PA passes over the top. I don't want to see another west coast or read the fag option or whatever here in Cleveland. Play AFC North football.

  • If RoosterDick and BaconHound got a room ...

    9 months later would we be welcoming "RoosterHound" or "BaconDick"?

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    If RoosterDick and BaconHound got a room ...

    9 months later would we be welcoming "RoosterHound" or "BaconDick"?

    Zombo

    Then the proposition to "Eat Me" would not be as distasteful.

  • I guess Bears QB coach Matt Cavanaugh is a candidate for OC. He worked with Pettine at the Jets...with Sanchez as QB no less, who is going to be available.

    And his assistant at the Jets was John DeFilippo, who then could be replacing Loggains as QB coach.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/former_bears_qb_coach_matt_cav.html

    VesnaKociper said:

    This OC would consistenetly cal draw plays into a 9 man pile up................. resulting in 3d and 6.

    I know facts should be optional in a good rant, but we ran maybe 16 draws total all season long.

    @tml1138 said:

    I guess Bears QB coach Matt Cavanaugh is a candidate for OC. He worked with Pettine at the Jets...with Sanchez as QB no less, who is going to be available.

    And his assistant at the Jets was John DeFilippo, who then could be replacing Loggains as QB coach.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/former_bears_qb_coach_matt_cav.html

    Two things:

    1. Damn... Matt Cavanaugh is 58? How can that be?

    2. The article (by MKC) includes this line:

    "When Pettine took the Browns job last season, he was paired with Shanahan despite never having worked with him."

    I do not recall Kyle being forced on Pet, which is what she implies. More faulty memory here or more MKC mischief?
  • VesnaKociper said:

    This OC would consistenetly cal draw plays into a 9 man pile up................. resulting in 3d and 6.

    I know facts should be optional in a good rant, but we ran maybe 16 draws total all season long.

    @tml1138 said:

    I guess Bears QB coach Matt Cavanaugh is a candidate for OC. He worked with Pettine at the Jets...with Sanchez as QB no less, who is going to be available.

    And his assistant at the Jets was John DeFilippo, who then could be replacing Loggains as QB coach.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/former_bears_qb_coach_matt_cav.html

    Two things:

    1. Damn... Matt Cavanaugh is 58? How can that be?

    2. The article (by MKC) includes this line:

    "When Pettine took the Browns job last season, he was paired with Shanahan despite never having worked with him."

    I do not recall Kyle being forced on Pet, which is what she implies. More faulty memory here or more MKC mischief?

    @tour2ma said:

    I know facts should be optional in a good rant, but we ran maybe 16 draws total all season long.

    Two things:

    1. Damn... Matt Cavanaugh is 58? How can that be?

    2. The article (by MKC) includes this line:

    "When Pettine took the Browns job last season, he was paired with Shanahan despite never having worked with him."

    I do not recall Kyle being forced on Pet, which is what she implies. More faulty memory here or more MKC mischief?
    He was paired with Pettine and they had not been together previously. That's what happens when we interpret the story. Unless she used the words forced on. We take it and run with it.

    WSS