Skip to content

rotoworld ranks the free agents

The Browns Board
32 18 1.6k
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #2

    What I would do is skip Suh and go after Fairley, throw an offer at Houston but likely that isn't gonna work so try to get Orakpo, Hardy or Hughes if Sheard leaves. At WR you can forget about Bryant but now that Denver is being upended...we could possibly pull Thomas but he's gonna want to know who our starting QB is gonna be. Speaking of.....Sanchez or Locker?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Randall Cobb.

    Whoever else, Pettine, Farmer, and co will know who to get.

    Right now, I think Johnny Broadway Flop needs counseling and rehab and maturity.

    And he's too busy being a party animal to do any of the three.

    Send him to whatever team is willing to wait a few years.

  • Randall Cobb.

    Whoever else, Pettine, Farmer, and co will know who to get.

    Right now, I think Johnny Broadway Flop needs counseling and rehab and maturity.

    And he's too busy being a party animal to do any of the three.

    Send him to whatever team is willing to wait a few years.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #4

    @calfoxwc said:

    Randall Cobb.

    Whoever else, Pettine, Farmer, and co will know who to get.

    Right now, I think Johnny Broadway Flop needs counseling and rehab and maturity.

    And he's too busy being a party animal to do any of the three.

    Send him to whatever team is willing to wait a few years.

    What makes you think Green Bay is going to let Randall Cobb hit the market? There are players that aren't just after the MOST money offered. He's their 1a or 1b to Jordy Nelson with Davante Adams in the slot. I sincerely doubt he's anywhere BUT with the Packers next season and the same goes for D. Thomas in Denver. If anything a team may be able to pry Julius Thomas BUT with Manning's future in the balance (His own decision) there will probably be money to sign both in Denver anyway.

    EDIT: And Fairley likely isn't going anywhere either.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I don't think that, I just have been a Randall Cobb fan since college,

    and wanted him in the draft.

    We'll see

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    How e Jeremy maclin would look in Brown's uni

  • B beare wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Maclin or Cobb would be nice addition at wr

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    One of the top 5 receivers on the list and Julius Thomas would be awesome.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Suh-pay the man-use the cap. We'd dominate.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #10

    How much cap room do we have this year?

  • How much cap room do we have this year?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @lbc-mike said:

    How much cap room do we have this year?

    Lots. Like $30m or something.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Yeah GB isn't letting any of Rodgers weapons hit the market. But if Manning is gone from Denver than I can see us pulling Thomas.

  • What I would do is skip Suh and go after Fairley, throw an offer at Houston but likely that isn't gonna work so try to get Orakpo, Hardy or Hughes if Sheard leaves. At WR you can forget about Bryant but now that Denver is being upended...we could possibly pull Thomas but he's gonna want to know who our starting QB is gonna be. Speaking of.....Sanchez or Locker?

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @clevfan4life said:

    What I would do is skip Suh and go after Fairley, throw an offer at Houston but likely that isn't gonna work so try to get Orakpo, Hardy or Hughes if Sheard leaves. At WR you can forget about Bryant but now that Denver is being upended...we could possibly pull Thomas but he's gonna want to know who our starting QB is gonna be. Speaking of.....Sanchez or Locker?

    Sanchez is not better than Hoyer. Locker is an amazing runner but not a great pocket QB, plus he can't stop getting hurt. You know who is better than Hoyer on that list?......Matt Moore.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Randall Cobb.

    Whoever else, Pettine, Farmer, and co will know who to get.

    Right now, I think Johnny Broadway Flop needs counseling and rehab and maturity.

    And he's too busy being a party animal to do any of the three.

    Send him to whatever team is willing to wait a few years.

    What makes you think Green Bay is going to let Randall Cobb hit the market? There are players that aren't just after the MOST money offered. He's their 1a or 1b to Jordy Nelson with Davante Adams in the slot. I sincerely doubt he's anywhere BUT with the Packers next season and the same goes for D. Thomas in Denver. If anything a team may be able to pry Julius Thomas BUT with Manning's future in the balance (His own decision) there will probably be money to sign both in Denver anyway.

    EDIT: And Fairley likely isn't going anywhere either.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @vagitron said:

    What makes you think Green Bay is going to let Randall Cobb hit the market? There are players that aren't just after the MOST money offered. He's their 1a or 1b to Jordy Nelson with Davante Adams in the slot. I sincerely doubt he's anywhere BUT with the Packers next season and the same goes for D. Thomas in Denver. If anything a team may be able to pry Julius Thomas BUT with Manning's future in the balance (His own decision) there will probably be money to sign both in Denver anyway.

    EDIT: And Fairley likely isn't going anywhere either.

    Yes, I am sure there are many players that are going to re-up with their current teams. The Browns have a few themselves that they should resign. But that doesn't mean we should not discuss the possibility of signing up some of these FAs. After all, the are "Free" Agents....meaning they can sign anywhere....even if they are inclined to go back.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I say steal Torry Smith away from the Ravens. God knows the Browns need a kick/punt return guy and another decent WR. In the process of strengthening yourself, weaken your opponent.

  • I say steal Torry Smith away from the Ravens. God knows the Browns need a kick/punt return guy and another decent WR. In the process of strengthening yourself, weaken your opponent.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    I say steal Torry Smith away from the Ravens. God knows the Browns need a kick/punt return guy and another decent WR. In the process of strengthening yourself, weaken your opponent.

    I'd be on board with this idea.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    What is your collective opinions on the Browns players on this list. Should they stay or should they go?:

    Unrestricted:

    Hoyer

    Cameron

    Rubin

    Skrine

    Restricted:

    Gipson

    Kitchen

    I hate having to acquire FAs just to replace the guys we lost....unless it is an upgrade (see Dansby vs. DQwell).

  • What is your collective opinions on the Browns players on this list. Should they stay or should they go?:

    Unrestricted:

    Hoyer

    Cameron

    Rubin

    Skrine

    Restricted:

    Gipson

    Kitchen

    I hate having to acquire FAs just to replace the guys we lost....unless it is an upgrade (see Dansby vs. DQwell).

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    What is your collective opinions on the Browns players on this list. Should they stay or should they go?:

    Unrestricted:

    Hoyer - tricky, but there aren't better alternative veterans out there. if he'll take a performance based deal then do it

    Cameron - I'd let him go

    Rubin - gone

    Skrine - keep

    Restricted:

    Gipson - no brainer

    Kitchen - keep, if Rubin's gone

    I hate having to acquire FAs just to replace the guys we lost....unless it is an upgrade (see Dansby vs. DQwell).

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #19

    We should not draft WR in the first

    Patterson for the Vikings was a first-rounder.. and is a complete bust. The reason you draft OL/DL and buy WR is that the WR are proven.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #20

    What is your collective opinions on the Browns players on this list. Should they stay or should they go?:



    Unrestricted:


    Hoyer......Go. ...Dont think he's the one to take us to the promised land. So, lets keep searching....


    Cameron...Go....Injury prone and likely too expensive. If the price is right, then fine.....but ....


    Rubin ......Go.....too expensive again......


    Skrine.....Go....hate to say it.....he clearly doesnt want to be a nickle back and thats what the Browns want him to be....he'll pull too much money to be kept as a reserve and the Browns are deep at CB...so I expect little effort to sign him...



    Restricted:


    Gipson..Stay.....the only one in this group that I think we'll keep/////


    Kitchen...Go.....the D line was terrible and needs an upgrade....and Kitchen is at the bottom of the list, so it seems logical that he'd go...no?


  • A Andruw u wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I'd like Hoyer (depending on $, if not, Locker or trade for Foles)

    Kuhn

    Cameron (depending on $, plus drafting a better "blocking" TE and moving Cameron to more of a WR)

    Backup C (draft RT in round 1 or 2)

    Houston (not depending on $)

    Kitchen

    Robertson

    Gipson

    Skrine

    Any kicker