Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Why I believe Connor Shaw will be our Russell Wilson

Why I believe Connor Shaw will be our Russell Wilson

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
46 Posts 24 Posters 2.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 11k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I am so far done with our QB forums Shaw could grow into something with time. Hoyer going to get paid and we all wish he had a full season with all our starters on offense and good backup talent in many positions.His poor accuracy does not make us a playoff team. Manziel god might know?? Shaw time to grow and I like his odds. No QB has a chance unless we get DEPTH in a lot of holes in Offense and Defense but were getting there period. GO Browns!!

    Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
      • 39k Posts
      • 9k Reputation
      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
      #6

      C'Mon guys, don't pick on the kid! It could happen. Hey while we're on the subject where do you fellas think I should take my date Paula Abdul this weekend after I win the 300 million dollar lottery?

      WSS

      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
      T R The GipperT 3 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • W Westside Steve

        C'Mon guys, don't pick on the kid! It could happen. Hey while we're on the subject where do you fellas think I should take my date Paula Abdul this weekend after I win the 300 million dollar lottery?

        WSS

        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 23k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
        #7

        @westside-steve said:

        C'Mon guys, don't pick on the kid! It could happen. Hey while we're on the subject where do you fellas think I should take my date Paula Abdul this weekend after I win the 300 million dollar lottery?

        WSS

        A certain rehab center where she can hook up with a millionaire NFL QB and breed us a 6'5" Browns savior. 😆 :lol:

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
          • 11k Posts
          • 3k Reputation
          OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
          #8

          There is a lot to like about Connor Shaw but I would agree with what others have posted about his arm strength. From what I have read when it comes to velocity of throwing a football it is not something that can be improved with weight training or exercises but just something you have it or you don't.

          If it could be developed I have no doubt Shaw would be working 100 percent to achieve it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • gftChris gftChrisG
            • 13k Posts
            • 428 Reputation
            gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
            #9

            An undrafted QB lacking physical ability but high on intangibles who takes good care of the football? Yeah, we had one of them starting last year as well. Connor Shaw is Brian Hoyer 2.0.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • WalterWhite WalterWhiteW
              • 3k Posts
              • 183 Reputation
              WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
              #10

              VesnaKociper said:

              Dumbest fucking post I ever read. Sorry man, but you need to get a girlfriend, or a job, or take up jacking off 20 times a day. Wow, Shaw has 2 inches on Wilson? Why not get Pao Gasol to play quarterback? That bastard has 14 inches on Wilson.

              Dude, seriously, this is all fantasy shit, "we are a team on the rise"? Were you watching Brazillian Fart videos the last 6 games? On the rise? Please, enlighten me as to what measurable categories that Browns were on the rise in? Please, try to make up more shit fast, because I am a lot closer to the grave than I am the cradle, and i would like to hear this crock of horseshit before my ashes get scattered all over Katy Perry.

              The Browns WERE a rising team when they were 6-3, but the 1 - 6 team that finished? Not on the rise of anything other than shit-stink.

              Connor Shaw isn't going to ever be a starter in Cleveland, let alone anywhere else in the NFL. If the Browns don't want Hoyer, which is by far their best choice at QB, then get rid of the entire QB crew and start from scratch. Shaw is shit. Nothing more.

              This is one of the funniest fucking things I've read on this forum

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 5k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                #11

                Hey man good write-up, don't let the riff-raff comments bog it down. While I really don't see what you're saying at all, I do think he's a guy I could see develop into a back-up potentially.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • W Westside Steve

                  C'Mon guys, don't pick on the kid! It could happen. Hey while we're on the subject where do you fellas think I should take my date Paula Abdul this weekend after I win the 300 million dollar lottery?

                  WSS

                  RoyceRolls R
                  • 1k Posts
                  • 345 Reputation
                  R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
                  #12

                  @westside-steve said:

                  C'Mon guys, don't pick on the kid! It could happen. Hey while we're on the subject where do you fellas think I should take my date Paula Abdul this weekend after I win the 300 million dollar lottery?

                  WSS

                  In your own fantasy you choose Paula Abdul?!

                  whats your dream car, dodge neon with an aftermarket spoiler?

                  MudflyM The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • R RoyceRolls

                    @westside-steve said:

                    C'Mon guys, don't pick on the kid! It could happen. Hey while we're on the subject where do you fellas think I should take my date Paula Abdul this weekend after I win the 300 million dollar lottery?

                    WSS

                    In your own fantasy you choose Paula Abdul?!

                    whats your dream car, dodge neon with an aftermarket spoiler?

                    Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 7k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
                    #13

                    @roycerolls said:

                    In your own fantasy you choose Paula Abdul?!

                    whats your dream car, dodge neon with an aftermarket spoiler?

                    HA!......

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • D BoneD D Bone

                      I like Connor, but after watching him play 4qtrs in the NFL, it was pretty obvious that he lacks the arm strength to play the position as a starter...... He has the toughness and heart though, I'll give the kid that.

                      Zombo Z
                      • 8k Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                      #14

                      @d-bone said:

                      I like Connor, but after watching him play 4qtrs in the NFL, it was pretty obvious that he lacks the arm strength to play the position as a starter...... He has the toughness and heart though, I'll give the kid that.

                      Ya, he's not starting material. He's a poor man's Colt McCoy.

                      His ceiling is backup.

                      Zombo

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • A Adoug319

                        VesnaKociper said:

                        Dumbest fucking post I ever read. Sorry man, but you need to get a girlfriend, or a job, or take up jacking off 20 times a day. Wow, Shaw has 2 inches on Wilson? Why not get Pao Gasol to play quarterback? That bastard has 14 inches on Wilson.

                        Dude, seriously, this is all fantasy shit, "we are a team on the rise"? Were you watching Brazillian Fart videos the last 6 games? On the rise? Please, enlighten me as to what measurable categories that Browns were on the rise in? Please, try to make up more shit fast, because I am a lot closer to the grave than I am the cradle, and i would like to hear this crock of horseshit before my ashes get scattered all over Katy Perry.

                        The Browns WERE a rising team when they were 6-3, but the 1 - 6 team that finished? Not on the rise of anything other than shit-stink.

                        Connor Shaw isn't going to ever be a starter in Cleveland, let alone anywhere else in the NFL. If the Browns don't want Hoyer, which is by far their best choice at QB, then get rid of the entire QB crew and start from scratch. Shaw is shit. Nothing more.

                        Coming from the guy who said he wouldn't watch the super bowl, then posts a thread about his thoughts on the super bowl.

                        Pete Carroll's tenure at Seattle:

                        First season: 7-9

                        Second season 7-9

                        Third season: 11-5 (Went to NFC Championship)

                        Fourth season: 13-3 (Super Bowl win)

                        Fifth season: 12-4 (super bowl loss)

                        If we give this regime time, I think we'll emulate similar success

                        OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                        • 11k Posts
                        • 3k Reputation
                        OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                        #15

                        @adoug319 said:

                        Pete Carroll's tenure at Seattle:

                        First season: 7-9

                        Second season 7-9

                        Third season: 11-5 (Went to NFC Championship)

                        Fourth season: 13-3 (Super Bowl win)

                        Fifth season: 12-4 (super bowl loss)

                        If we give this regime time, I think we'll emulate similar success

                        My hope with new coach Pettine this season was that we could go 8-8. We came close to that. We have a tougher schedule next year but I hope to see more improvements and at least 8-8 and maybe better. In our third year I would like to think we are in the playoffs. Also hoping we have a solid foundation where we can be one of the better teams in the league that does not go years and years without making the playoffs but able to reload and get right back in it. That's my hope. Some things will have to fall in place as this being Defilippo's first time as OC and we don't know how he will do but I like the unity I see with the coaches and that unity means a lot too. I don't think the Browns have been on any better footing than they are right now since coming back in 99.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • D BoneD D Bone

                          I like Connor, but after watching him play 4qtrs in the NFL, it was pretty obvious that he lacks the arm strength to play the position as a starter...... He has the toughness and heart though, I'll give the kid that.

                          Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 30k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                          #16

                          @d-bone said:

                          I like Connor, but after watching him play 4qtrs in the NFL, it was pretty obvious that he lacks the arm strength to play the position as a starter...... He has the toughness and heart though, I'll give the kid that.

                          Ditto... plus straight speed is not the comparison to make. Agility and acceleration are key.

                          Shaw: - 20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.33 3-Cone Drill: 7.07 10 Yrd Dash: 1.64

                          Wilson: 20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.09 3-Cone Drill: 6.97 10 Yrd Dash: 1.55

                          and just for grins...

                          Johnny: 20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.03 3-Cone Drill: 6.75 10 Yrd Dash: 1.63

                          Points made on Connor's dedication/ professionalism are indisputable... as, IMO, is the case for the team having been on the rise. Whether that rise can be sustained given the coaching changes and other "events" is TBD, but I like our odds.

                          I'll only add that the OP deserved better than the first response. Disagree if you like, but to disparage a one-off is not necessary.

                          It seems clear form recent posts that Ghoulie is suffering a relapse.

                          "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                          A 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • W Westside Steve

                            C'Mon guys, don't pick on the kid! It could happen. Hey while we're on the subject where do you fellas think I should take my date Paula Abdul this weekend after I win the 300 million dollar lottery?

                            WSS

                            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                            • 57k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                            #17

                            @westside-steve said:

                            C'Mon guys, don't pick on the kid! It could happen. Hey while we're on the subject where do you fellas think I should take my date Paula Abdul this weekend after I win the 300 million dollar lottery?

                            WSS

                            Really? Paula Abdul? She is your dream date?

                            C 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • R RoyceRolls

                              @westside-steve said:

                              C'Mon guys, don't pick on the kid! It could happen. Hey while we're on the subject where do you fellas think I should take my date Paula Abdul this weekend after I win the 300 million dollar lottery?

                              WSS

                              In your own fantasy you choose Paula Abdul?!

                              whats your dream car, dodge neon with an aftermarket spoiler?

                              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                              • 57k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                              #18

                              @roycerolls said:

                              In your own fantasy you choose Paula Abdul?!

                              whats your dream car, dodge neon with an aftermarket spoiler?

                              Its a Subaru Forrester.

                              W 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • The GipperT The Gipper

                                @roycerolls said:

                                In your own fantasy you choose Paula Abdul?!

                                whats your dream car, dodge neon with an aftermarket spoiler?

                                Its a Subaru Forrester.

                                Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                • 39k Posts
                                • 9k Reputation
                                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                #19

                                @the-gipper said:

                                Its a Subaru Forrester.

                                2015 Outback Premium.

                                But I still can't think of anyone cuter than Paula...

                                WSS

                                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • The GipperT The Gipper

                                  @westside-steve said:

                                  C'Mon guys, don't pick on the kid! It could happen. Hey while we're on the subject where do you fellas think I should take my date Paula Abdul this weekend after I win the 300 million dollar lottery?

                                  WSS

                                  Really? Paula Abdul? She is your dream date?

                                  Chicopee John C
                                  • 2k Posts
                                  • 104 Reputation
                                  C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
                                  #20

                                  @the-gipper said:

                                  Really? Paula Abdul? She is your dream date?

                                  Brushing Leslie Gore aside, Brother Steve?

                                  I bet she has a lot of Cougar in her still.

                                  "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
                                  W 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • C Chicopee John

                                    @the-gipper said:

                                    Really? Paula Abdul? She is your dream date?

                                    Brushing Leslie Gore aside, Brother Steve?

                                    I bet she has a lot of Cougar in her still.

                                    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 39k Posts
                                    • 9k Reputation
                                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                    #21

                                    @chicopee-john said:

                                    Brushing Leslie Gore aside, Brother Steve?

                                    I bet she has a lot of Cougar in her still.

                                    Well that's true but she was born in 1946 and there is that other thing...

                                    (and I don't think I could live with Barbara Striesand politics)

                                    😉

                                    WSS

                                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                    C 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • W Westside Steve

                                      @chicopee-john said:

                                      Brushing Leslie Gore aside, Brother Steve?

                                      I bet she has a lot of Cougar in her still.

                                      Well that's true but she was born in 1946 and there is that other thing...

                                      (and I don't think I could live with Barbara Striesand politics)

                                      😉

                                      WSS

                                      Chicopee John C
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 104 Reputation
                                      C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by Chicopee John
                                      #22

                                      @westside-steve said:

                                      Well that's true but she was born in 1946 and there is that other thing...

                                      (and I don't think I could live with Barbara Striesand politics)

                                      😉

                                      WSS

                                      I just read on Wikipedia that she has a ................................partner.

                                      Hey, the current Mayor of NYC married what once was a Lesbian Feminist and must have given her The Cure.

                                      PS Sorry about Leslie. You can cry if you want to.

                                      "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
                                      W 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                        • 39k Posts
                                        • 9k Reputation
                                        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                        #23

                                        Of course, and now we're getting into different territory, de Blasio himself is a feminist lesbian.

                                        😮

                                        WSS

                                        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • A Adoug319

                                          VesnaKociper said:

                                          Dumbest fucking post I ever read. Sorry man, but you need to get a girlfriend, or a job, or take up jacking off 20 times a day. Wow, Shaw has 2 inches on Wilson? Why not get Pao Gasol to play quarterback? That bastard has 14 inches on Wilson.

                                          Dude, seriously, this is all fantasy shit, "we are a team on the rise"? Were you watching Brazillian Fart videos the last 6 games? On the rise? Please, enlighten me as to what measurable categories that Browns were on the rise in? Please, try to make up more shit fast, because I am a lot closer to the grave than I am the cradle, and i would like to hear this crock of horseshit before my ashes get scattered all over Katy Perry.

                                          The Browns WERE a rising team when they were 6-3, but the 1 - 6 team that finished? Not on the rise of anything other than shit-stink.

                                          Connor Shaw isn't going to ever be a starter in Cleveland, let alone anywhere else in the NFL. If the Browns don't want Hoyer, which is by far their best choice at QB, then get rid of the entire QB crew and start from scratch. Shaw is shit. Nothing more.

                                          Coming from the guy who said he wouldn't watch the super bowl, then posts a thread about his thoughts on the super bowl.

                                          Pete Carroll's tenure at Seattle:

                                          First season: 7-9

                                          Second season 7-9

                                          Third season: 11-5 (Went to NFC Championship)

                                          Fourth season: 13-3 (Super Bowl win)

                                          Fifth season: 12-4 (super bowl loss)

                                          If we give this regime time, I think we'll emulate similar success

                                          Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                          • 12k Posts
                                          • 7k Reputation
                                          Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
                                          #24

                                          @adoug319 said:

                                          Coming from the guy who said he wouldn't watch the super bowl, then posts a thread about his thoughts on the super bowl.

                                          Pete Carroll's tenure at Seattle:

                                          First season: 7-9

                                          Second season 7-9

                                          Third season: 11-5 (Went to NFC Championship)

                                          Fourth season: 13-3 (Super Bowl win)

                                          Fifth season: 12-4 (super bowl loss)

                                          If we give this regime time, I think we'll emulate similar success

                                          Keep in mind Pete Carroll is on his 3rd NFL head coaching stint, so he's got quite a jump on Mike Pettine.

                                          But as Brown's fans, we can always hope.

                                          Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate