Former Bucs GM preferes Mariota over Winston at #1
-
So I'm assuming you are a big Winston guy, Couch?
WSS
So I'm assuming you are a big Winston guy, Couch?
WSS
Not a big Winston guy, per se. I think he's the best in this draft, but that's not saying much.
I'm more a fan of his skill set. I'd rather use take Cardale Jones next year, regardless of what happens with either him or us.
-
So I'm assuming you are a big Winston guy, Couch?
WSS
Not a big Winston guy, per se. I think he's the best in this draft, but that's not saying much.
I'm more a fan of his skill set. I'd rather use take Cardale Jones next year, regardless of what happens with either him or us.
Not a big Winston guy, per se. I think he's the best in this draft, but that's not saying much.
I'm more a fan of his skill set. I'd rather use take Cardale Jones next year, regardless of what happens with either him or us.
Well Jones does seem to have all the tools. Hopefully that's not just my homerism blinding me. (If, of course, he winds up on the Browns.)

WSS
-
If your record as a GM is 28-52 over 5 yrs then you need to STFU!
Dominik is a joke..
Oh. GM's coach games?
I could put together the best team in the world for you. I doubt you'd know how to win with it.
He stood up in front of the entire student cafeteria and screamed, "Fock her right in the pussy".
That screams immaturity and the thinking that he is immune to consequences. I've seen how these folks usually end up.
The stealing of the crab legs...that's just dumb. Surprise he didn't go after KFC next.
And with the rape case, would it surprise you one bit if he really did do it? This is coming from a person that stood in front of a large audience and screamed...."i fock her right in the pussy." There's something mentally not right with people that do shit like this.
'
A college kid screaming something immature to impress his friends? Clearly, he's not NFL material.
I was actually going to counter this argument with logic, but then I realized you're nothing but a racist piece of shit. You're not worth my time.
Oh. GM's coach games?
GM's are just as responsible for the success or failure of the teams they assemble as the HC is.. Particularly when they hired the HC..
-
Winston has far better character than JM. He only semi-rapes, steals crab legs and yells "Fuck you in the pussy" in school cafeterias, whereas JM takes his buddies out drinking too often.

-
Winston has far better character than JM. He only semi-rapes, steals crab legs and yells "Fuck you in the pussy" in school cafeterias, whereas JM takes his buddies out drinking too often.

Winston has far better character than JM. He only semi-rapes, steals crab legs and yells "Fuck you in the pussy" in school cafeterias, whereas JM takes his buddies out drinking too often.

And sucks at football.
-
Winston has far better character than JM. He only semi-rapes, steals crab legs and yells "Fuck you in the pussy" in school cafeterias, whereas JM takes his buddies out drinking too often.

And sucks at football.
And sucks at football.
thats the key
lets be honest, if Johnny could play well NO ONE would care about anything else.....
same goes with Winston.....if he plays good, everything goes away. If he sucks, then it's because he has character flaws.
-
And sucks at football.
thats the key
lets be honest, if Johnny could play well NO ONE would care about anything else.....
same goes with Winston.....if he plays good, everything goes away. If he sucks, then it's because he has character flaws.
Nah I think shoplifting some crab legs is a college prank kind of thing. Raping a chick and then being a loud mouth punk about it is something you can't really shine on. I guess there are some Baltimore Ravens fans that give Ray Rice A boys will be boys pass but...thats the key
lets be honest, if Johnny could play well NO ONE would care about anything else.....
same goes with Winston.....if he plays good, everything goes away. If he sucks, then it's because he has character flaws.
WSS
-
Nah I think shoplifting some crab legs is a college prank kind of thing. Raping a chick and then being a loud mouth punk about it is something you can't really shine on. I guess there are some Baltimore Ravens fans that give Ray Rice A boys will be boys pass but...thats the key
lets be honest, if Johnny could play well NO ONE would care about anything else.....
same goes with Winston.....if he plays good, everything goes away. If he sucks, then it's because he has character flaws.
WSS
Nah I think shoplifting some crab legs is a college prank kind of thing. Raping a chick and then being a loud mouth punk about it is something you can't really shine on.
I don't see the alleged rape and the yelling incident being related.
But agree on the crab legs... something akin to the "grocery shopping" scene in Animal House.
-
Nah I think shoplifting some crab legs is a college prank kind of thing. Raping a chick and then being a loud mouth punk about it is something you can't really shine on.
I don't see the alleged rape and the yelling incident being related.
But agree on the crab legs... something akin to the "grocery shopping" scene in Animal House.
Exactly what I was thinking about. So you think after the alleged rape the comments in the cafeteria were okay? Or not related? Or what?I don't see the alleged rape and the yelling incident being related.
But agree on the crab legs... something akin to the "grocery shopping" scene in Animal House.
WSS
-
Exactly what I was thinking about. So you think after the alleged rape the comments in the cafeteria were okay? Or not related? Or what?I don't see the alleged rape and the yelling incident being related.
But agree on the crab legs... something akin to the "grocery shopping" scene in Animal House.
WSS
Exactly what I was thinking about. So you think after the alleged rape the comments in the cafeteria were okay? Or not related? Or what?
WSS
It was a popular internet meme at the time. Not related at all.
-
I thought another red flag with Winston was in the Oregon game when it looked like he was arguing with his coach and the coach telling him to calm down or he would sit him on the bench (or words to that effect).
Maybe it is no big deal but for me just adding to his other issues.
-
I thought another red flag with Winston was in the Oregon game when it looked like he was arguing with his coach and the coach telling him to calm down or he would sit him on the bench (or words to that effect).
Maybe it is no big deal but for me just adding to his other issues.
I thought another red flag with Winston was in the Oregon game when it looked like he was arguing with his coach and the coach telling him to calm down or he would sit him on the bench (or words to that effect).
Maybe it is no big deal but for me just adding to his other issues.
See, I thought that was referencing his erratic play that game.
-
"It's a small piece of the evaluation," Senior Bowl executive director and former Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage told USA TODAY Sports in a text. "They (Winston and Fisher) go at it like that every day in practice and games.
Probably not a big deal. Just something hard not to see when the national cameras are spotlighting you.
-
"It's a small piece of the evaluation," Senior Bowl executive director and former Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage told USA TODAY Sports in a text. "They (Winston and Fisher) go at it like that every day in practice and games.
Probably not a big deal. Just something hard not to see when the national cameras are spotlighting you.
"It's a small piece of the evaluation," Senior Bowl executive director and former Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage told USA TODAY Sports in a text. "They (Winston and Fisher) go at it like that every day in practice and games.
Probably not a big deal. Just something hard not to see when the national cameras are spotlighting you.
To a certain extent, I kind of like it. It's better than always saying "yes, coach". Friction creates fire. I think its about time we had a little fire from a QB.
-
-
Lol...maybe that's why he is the "former" GM.
I think Winston will have a better career if he screws his head on straight.
He's the former GM because he couldn't get along with Greg Schiano and that entire franchise essentially blew up because of it.
He may have drafted Freeman, but he also drafted Gerald McCoy, Adrian Clayborn, Da'Quan Bowers, Mark Barron, Doug Martin, Lavonte David and signed Jamon Meredith, Carl Nicks, Vincent Jackson. He seems to follow the exact strategy that many on here are harping about - build from the interior.
The fact that the Bucs couldn't win with the amount of talent they had is not an indictment of Dominik, its proof that you can build both lines and add solid defensive talent, but it's all for naught if you have a dumpster-fire quarterback situation.
As for Winston, I agree. I think his off the field problems are less of concern than Manziel's by far. I also think Mariota is destined for mediocrity.
He's the former GM because he couldn't get along with Greg Schiano and that entire franchise essentially blew up because of it.
He may have drafted Freeman, but he also drafted Gerald McCoy, Adrian Clayborn, Da'Quan Bowers, Mark Barron, Doug Martin, Lavonte David and signed Jamon Meredith, Carl Nicks, Vincent Jackson. He seems to follow the exact strategy that many on here are harping about - build from the interior.
The fact that the Bucs couldn't win with the amount of talent they had is not an indictment of Dominik, its proof that you can build both lines and add solid defensive talent, but it's all for naught if you have a dumpster-fire quarterback situation.
As for Winston, I agree. I think his off the field problems are less of concern than Manziel's by far. I also think Mariota is destined for mediocrity.
Yeah, the Bucs have had some talent. I didn't realize he was the GM that put most of that together.
-
"It's a small piece of the evaluation," Senior Bowl executive director and former Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage told USA TODAY Sports in a text. "They (Winston and Fisher) go at it like that every day in practice and games.
Probably not a big deal. Just something hard not to see when the national cameras are spotlighting you.
To a certain extent, I kind of like it. It's better than always saying "yes, coach". Friction creates fire. I think its about time we had a little fire from a QB.
To a certain extent, I kind of like it. It's better than always saying "yes, coach". Friction creates fire. I think its about time we had a little fire from a QB.
I like both quarterbacks. If I had to choose between the two I would take Winston. I like the work ethic and having a "boring" quarterback like Mariota who doesn't give any ammunition to TMZ. My concern is the hurry up type offense Mariota played with Oregon. Someone posted about the "it" factor of quarterbacks, the intangibles. I see that a lot with Winston with the number of games he led Florida State to come from behind victories this past season. The ability to lead a team to come from behind victories is a huge "it" factor with me. To work under pressure and come through.
-
To a certain extent, I kind of like it. It's better than always saying "yes, coach". Friction creates fire. I think its about time we had a little fire from a QB.
I like both quarterbacks. If I had to choose between the two I would take Winston. I like the work ethic and having a "boring" quarterback like Mariota who doesn't give any ammunition to TMZ. My concern is the hurry up type offense Mariota played with Oregon. Someone posted about the "it" factor of quarterbacks, the intangibles. I see that a lot with Winston with the number of games he led Florida State to come from behind victories this past season. The ability to lead a team to come from behind victories is a huge "it" factor with me. To work under pressure and come through.
I like both quarterbacks. If I had to choose between the two I would take Winston. I like the work ethic and having a "boring" quarterback like Mariota who doesn't give any ammunition to TMZ. My concern is the hurry up type offense Mariota played with Oregon. Someone posted about the "it" factor of quarterbacks, the intangibles. I see that a lot with Winston with the number of games he led Florida State to come from behind victories this past season. The ability to lead a team to come from behind victories is a huge "it" factor with me. To work under pressure and come through.
Same for me.
I'd rather take the guy who has had to win games on his own rather than the guy who has always had the competitive advantage.
-
Search "fuck her right in the pussy" on YouTube, I'll wait.
Oh, you're back? Did you see literally hundreds of people trolling news anchors on location by screaming "fuck her right in the pussy" on LIVE broadcast?
Winston didn't say anything to thousands of viewers on live television.
He got "caught" because he's famous, famous for being a good QB....
If you found out your cable guy screamed "fuck her right in the pussy" would you switch to dish?
-
kinda Fd up that that is how most nfl personnel thought about manziel last year before the draft and we still handed in the ticket with his name on it.
i'd take mariota over winston all day long. winston is freeman all over again. i'd compare mariota to more a kaepernik without the moxy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login