Pull the trigger on Kevin White!
-
Of all those Mocks I'd lean towards Shelton/Strong or Shelton Williams.
Taking Schreff is a big mistake and to kind of answer a rhetorical question from a previous post of your, Flugel - when healthy there was NO better Oline in the NFL than the Browns.
I have every faith that trend of dominance will continue into next season.
I love both those Shelton scenarios too! My football wood factor went from balsa to sequoia
It looked like Parker and Brown appeared most frequently. Maybe I'm just being unfair to Brown but the thought of getting the 3rd ranked NT with our first pick would leave me feeling like we're leapfrogging a unicorn (in the sense of how many BPAs we're blowing off).
The guy that worries me in round 1 is Andrus Peat. If our fate is to draft a tackle in round 1 I'd rather see us go after Ereck Flowers. He may be a little raw but his mean streak in the running game has a few draft experts thinking he's a poor man's Greg Robinson.
The guy that worries me in round 1 is Andrus Peat. If our fate is to draft a tackle in round 1 I'd rather see us go after Ereck Flowers. He may be a little raw but his mean streak in the running game has a few draft experts thinking he's a poor man's Greg Robinson.
Peat had by far the best tape I've seen on an O-lineman this year, but ever since the Combine I just cannot get his odd body type out of my head. The dude looks like one of the goons from old, Popeye cartoons...


Flowers's tape was OK as it showed decent technique, but I thought he had issues getting to the 2nd level and delivering effective blocks that I attributed to lacking athleticism. Bottom line: I did not think he was well suited for our ZBS.
Also do not get the comparison with Robinson who to my eye came out all athlete, but little technique.
-
The guy that worries me in round 1 is Andrus Peat. If our fate is to draft a tackle in round 1 I'd rather see us go after Ereck Flowers. He may be a little raw but his mean streak in the running game has a few draft experts thinking he's a poor man's Greg Robinson.
Peat had by far the best tape I've seen on an O-lineman this year, but ever since the Combine I just cannot get his odd body type out of my head. The dude looks like one of the goons from old, Popeye cartoons...


Flowers's tape was OK as it showed decent technique, but I thought he had issues getting to the 2nd level and delivering effective blocks that I attributed to lacking athleticism. Bottom line: I did not think he was well suited for our ZBS.
Also do not get the comparison with Robinson who to my eye came out all athlete, but little technique.
Peat had by far the best tape I've seen on an O-lineman this year, but ever since the Combine I just cannot get his odd body type out of my head. The dude looks like one of the goons from old, Popeye cartoons...
Flowers's tape was OK as it showed decent technique, but I thought he had issues getting to the 2nd level and delivering effective blocks that I attributed to lacking athleticism. Bottom line: I did not think he was well suited for our ZBS.
Also do not get the comparison with Robinson who to my eye came out all athlete, but little technique.
Here's the most recent time I saw Flowers compared to Robinson:
12 - WR DeVante Parker (Louisville)
19 - OL Ereck Flowers (Miami)
Of note: Flowers is young and raw and has drawn comparisons to Greg Robinson, whom the Rams selected with the No. 2 pick in last year’s draft. No one benched more than Flowers (37 repetitions of 225 pounds) at the Combine.
The reason I added "poor man's" is because Flowers isn't being projected anywhere close to #2 overall.
Just to be clear, I'm happy with our starting line as is right now. I have so many prospects I prefer to the oline prospects in round 1 that I carefully worded "if it was our fate to draft a tackle in round 1 I'd rather go after Ereck Flowers."
-
Welcome back Flugs. Long time no see.
Welcome back Flugs. Long time no see.
Thanks again Diehard!!!
-
Welcome back Flugs. Long time no see.
Thanks again Diehard!!!
-
Welcome back Flugs. Long time no see.
Welcome back Flugs. Long time no see.
I thought this was a perfect reminder of where you stood when I returned despite what you were spewing out in front of your audience in the Crow thread while forgetting how easily cut and paste can pin one to the truth.
Have a terrific day!
-
Both of you guys are ok people from the impression I get. The only person you have to worry about is the guy in the mirror you look at when you're shaving in the morning. Take a longer look.
Some peeps don't like each other that's what life is. You just have to be respectable. Carry on gents kids are reading.
-
Welcome back Flugs. Long time no see.
I thought this was a perfect reminder of where you stood when I returned despite what you were spewing out in front of your audience in the Crow thread while forgetting how easily cut and paste can pin one to the truth.
Have a terrific day!
I thought this was a perfect reminder of where you stood when I returned despite what you were spewing out in front of your audience in the Crow thread while forgetting how easily cut and paste can pin one to the truth.
Have a terrific day!
I also think you have mental health problems, but continue on with your spouting of bullshit! Have a nice day.
-
I thought this was a perfect reminder of where you stood when I returned despite what you were spewing out in front of your audience in the Crow thread while forgetting how easily cut and paste can pin one to the truth.
Have a terrific day!
I also think you have mental health problems, but continue on with your spouting of bullshit! Have a nice day.
I also think you have mental health problems, but continue on with your spouting of bullshit! Have a nice day.
You've had 1 trophy case moment after another today. I almost feel sorry for you. Sweet dreams...
-
I also think you have mental health problems, but continue on with your spouting of bullshit! Have a nice day.
You've had 1 trophy case moment after another today. I almost feel sorry for you. Sweet dreams...
-
Welcome back Flugs. Long time no see.
Welcome back Flugs. Long time no see.
Doesn't it suck when someone gets exposed for his inability to tell the truth? You kicked your ass today and all I had to do was watch and laugh. Thanks!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login