Skip to content

Pull the trigger on Kevin White!

The Browns Board
154 32 5.6k
  • @mudfly said:

    No.

    Why?

    Taylor Gabriel, Miles Austin, those guys arent going to burn many DBs and stretch the field like White can

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Why?

    Taylor Gabriel, Miles Austin, those guys arent going to burn many DBs and stretch the field like White can

    Kevin White- 4.35

    Taylor Gabriel - 4.4

    Andrew Hawkins - 4.34

    Travis Benjamin- 4.37

    All three of those guys are equally as able to stretch the field and burn DB's, if that's all you're looking for.

    White does seem to possess the entire package, though. I've been keen on him since December.

    We package two firsts and a third to move up to #2 and take Mariota, who tears his hamstring in the National Championship game against Ohio State.

    We take Kevin White, WR from WVU with our remaining first round pick.

    Mariota opens as the starter, has a rocky rookie season, winning 7 games but posting solid franchise QB stats - over 60% completion, 2:1 TD to interception ratio, a handful of rushing touchdowns. White finishes the season in contention for OROY, as our main receiving threat and a game-changing talent. Mariota and White look oddly similar to 2008 Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings.

    (The above scenario was contingent on somehow acquiring another first round pick.)

    I just can't rationalize moving up to take a WR, of all positions, when we proved last season that our offense could be productive with Gabriel, Austin and Hawkins. If we're trading up, it would be for Mariota.

  • This trade idea would be dumb. Kevin White? Yeah, if he falls to twelve. If not,

    the Browns would be far better off taking a top defensive talent.

    Unless you have a dominant football team, and you only need a

    dominant wr... you don't make that trade. sorry, it would be dumb.

    I figure the second round is a good wr round - Agholor sp?, or Conley in the third or fourth..

  • If White is available at #12, I don't see a scenario where you don't take him, regardless of who is on the board. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen.

  • Cooper is more likely to fall to us, and I like him more than White anyways. He's got better game speed and hands than White.

  • It is offically silly season. "We have to trade up to get this guy" Just change the name of the player to fit the needs of the silly poster.

    OK....If I could trade one of our #5 picks along with 12 to move up, ok. Anything more than that....LOL

  • Breshad Perriman is a intriguing junior that will probably be on our doorstep in round 2. He's 6-3 and 214 pounds. His father was an NFL WR (Brett Perriman). I didn't really know a lot about this kid until I heard Greg Cosell raving about him for most of the portion he talked WRs as a featured guest on Nashville radio. I found some reasons why I would bet on this horse in no particular order:

    1) Good bloodline

    2) Ideal size our red zone offense and perimeter lacks.

    3) Productive in terms of yards per catch, TDs and yardage

    4) Separates almost effortlessly

    5) We don't have to use our 1st pick or even our 2nd pick to land this guy

    Here's his stats:

    SEASON REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD 2014 50 1044 20.9 61 9 1 0 0.0 0 0 2013 39 811 20.8 91 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 2012 26 388 14.9 45 3 0 0 0.0 0 0
  • Perrimen is currently valued in the Early 4th at highest. 2nd is a huge reach.

  • Perrimen is currently valued in the Early 4th at highest. 2nd is a huge reach.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Perrimen is currently valued in the Early 4th at highest. 2nd is a huge reach.

    Depends on where you're looking tiamat. Here's a cut and paste projecting him higher than I just did:

    The hype behind former UCF wide receiver Breshad Perriman is growing.

    It started with Mel Kiper, Jr. projecting Perriman No. 15 overall in his latest mock draft. It continued Monday when NFL Network lead draft analyst Mike Mayock discussed the potential for the 6-foot-3, 215-pound wide receiver.

    "I put the Perriman tape on about three weeks ago and I almost fell over," Mayock said in his pre-NFL Scouting Combine conference call Monday. "I had a bunch of people tell me he didn't have good hands, and boy, do I disagree with that, even though he's got more drops than he should. There's kind of a way to interpret that. A wide receiver who has too many drops should have bad hands, right?

    "Well, I looked at his hands and say he makes acrobatic catches, he makes high-point catches, he makes contested catches, however, once in a while he drops an easy ball, but I think he's a natural hands catcher."

    The Scouting Combine kicks off this week for Perriman and three other former Knights — Rannell Hall, Clayton Geathers and Jacoby Glenn — and will be aired throughout the week on the NFL Network. Perriman and Hall will do their on-field workouts, including their 40-yard dashes, on Saturday. Glenn and Geathers have their workouts Monday.

  • Perrimen is currently valued in the Early 4th at highest. 2nd is a huge reach.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Perrimen is currently valued in the Early 4th at highest. 2nd is a huge reach.

    Here's another case of someone seeing he can go higher than where I had us taking him so stay tuned...:

    NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock believes Perriman is "special" and could be emerging as a first-round pick.

    The buzz slowed somewhat during the NFL Scouting Combine this past weekend because a hamstring injury kept Perriman from participating. He will have another chance to check off that box, especially with his 40-yard dash time, at UCF's pro day.

  • Don't worry Tom, this time of year you have draft experts out the ass ready to question any projections. You keep on keeping on.

  • Thanks Ballpeen! I don't have the time to study the draft prospects like I used to. I just want to see some bigger targets on board to make it easier on whoever QBs this team in 2015. When we had Joe Jurevicius, Braylon Edwards and Kellen WInslow in 2007 - we not only won 10 games but Derek Anderson had the best year of his career.

    This draft we can add the best TE (Williams), a WR like Perriman, and either an offensive lineman or a dlineman/pass rusher by the time we've completed our 3rd pick.

  • The Falcons finished with a worse record than the Browns for the past two years even though they traded up for an elite playmaker.

  • Let's not forget that, as we speak, even if we have an all-world WR getting open downfield

    we don't have a QB on the roster who has demonstrated that he can consistently get the ball

    to said WR. Does anyone else remember BH missing wide open guys and constantly underthrowing

    receivers who were open deep?

    @dste-ace said:

    Let's not forget that, as we speak, even if we have an all-world WR getting open downfield

    we don't have a QB on the roster who has demonstrated that he can consistently get the ball

    to said WR. Does anyone else remember BH missing wide open guys and constantly underthrowing

    receivers who were open deep?

    Just to add to your great Quote, A QB that can't see over a OL never see's him open. A QB on the move cannot Throw it that far down field. Lastly, a Backup on the OL allows you 3-4 seconds to get rid of the ball. Good Luck with That. Hope We or He Finds a Good QB. S. Watkins with a Real QB, we would be bitchin...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Perrimen is currently valued in the Early 4th at highest. 2nd is a huge reach.

    Here's another case of someone seeing he can go higher than where I had us taking him so stay tuned...:

    NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock believes Perriman is "special" and could be emerging as a first-round pick.

    The buzz slowed somewhat during the NFL Scouting Combine this past weekend because a hamstring injury kept Perriman from participating. He will have another chance to check off that box, especially with his 40-yard dash time, at UCF's pro day.

    @flugel said:

    Here's another case of someone seeing he can go higher than where I had us taking him so stay tuned...:

    NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock believes Perriman is "special" and could be emerging as a first-round pick.

    The buzz slowed somewhat during the NFL Scouting Combine this past weekend because a hamstring injury kept Perriman from participating. He will have another chance to check off that box, especially with his 40-yard dash time, at UCF's pro day.

    I think Mayock is legit so I'll take his word for it.

  • Thanks Ballpeen! I don't have the time to study the draft prospects like I used to. I just want to see some bigger targets on board to make it easier on whoever QBs this team in 2015. When we had Joe Jurevicius, Braylon Edwards and Kellen WInslow in 2007 - we not only won 10 games but Derek Anderson had the best year of his career.



    This draft we can add the best TE (Williams), a WR like Perriman, and either an offensive lineman or a dlineman/pass rusher by the time we've completed our 3rd pick. FLUGELS


    ********************************************************


    FLUGS !!!!! Which offensive lineman would you go after? (I remember you are an oline guy !)


  • Lockett (his 4.40 was 3rd best of wr's) in rd 2 or 3 or gtfo. Browns have made it clear they are filling D needs first and foremost.

  • Welcome back Flugs. Long time no see.

  • Thanks Ballpeen! I don't have the time to study the draft prospects like I used to. I just want to see some bigger targets on board to make it easier on whoever QBs this team in 2015. When we had Joe Jurevicius, Braylon Edwards and Kellen WInslow in 2007 - we not only won 10 games but Derek Anderson had the best year of his career.



    This draft we can add the best TE (Williams), a WR like Perriman, and either an offensive lineman or a dlineman/pass rusher by the time we've completed our 3rd pick. FLUGELS


    ********************************************************


    FLUGS !!!!! Which offensive lineman would you go after? (I remember you are an oline guy !)


    @calfoxwc said:

    Thanks Ballpeen! I don't have the time to study the draft prospects like I used to. I just want to see some bigger targets on board to make it easier on whoever QBs this team in 2015. When we had Joe Jurevicius, Braylon Edwards and Kellen WInslow in 2007 - we not only won 10 games but Derek Anderson had the best year of his career.

    This draft we can add the best TE (Williams), a WR like Perriman, and either an offensive lineman or a dlineman/pass rusher by the time we've completed our 3rd pick. FLUGELS

    ********************************************************

    FLUGS !!!!! Which offensive lineman would you go after? (I remember you are an oline guy !)

    The issue using the 07 team as an example is their flash in the pan success. The run game was complimentary to the passing attack which cost us late in the year and a possible playoff birth. The pass rush was a joke outside of Rodgers dominating the interior and the secondary was a sieve.

    I prefer my teams to be strong in the trenches and on defense. It's a recipe for longer lasting success.

  • The Falcons finished with a worse record than the Browns for the past two years even though they traded up for an elite playmaker.

    @roycerolls said:

    The Falcons finished with a worse record than the Browns for the past two years even though they traded up for an elite playmaker.

    Good point. Even having Rod Smith, Julio Jones and Matt Ryan (and Steven Jackson) didn't help that team with a crappy defense do as well as the Browns.

    So, if we went with two defenders in the first round, it would not hurt my feelings.

  • Thanks Ballpeen! I don't have the time to study the draft prospects like I used to. I just want to see some bigger targets on board to make it easier on whoever QBs this team in 2015. When we had Joe Jurevicius, Braylon Edwards and Kellen WInslow in 2007 - we not only won 10 games but Derek Anderson had the best year of his career.



    This draft we can add the best TE (Williams), a WR like Perriman, and either an offensive lineman or a dlineman/pass rusher by the time we've completed our 3rd pick. FLUGELS


    ********************************************************


    FLUGS !!!!! Which offensive lineman would you go after? (I remember you are an oline guy !)


    @calfoxwc said:

    FLUGS !!!!! Which offensive lineman would you go after? (I remember you are an oline guy !)

    Hey Cal! Glad to see you in the mix here. When Mack was healthy I loved what I saw from our line, Crow's average was up over 5 yards a carry while Tate was at something like 4.4 (as temporary as that was). Bitonio was a great addition. Not only that; but Hoyer looked like he was stepping into his throws all the way up until the Jax Game. During that span, I saw the same Brina Hoyer that pleasantly surprised me in 2013.

    To answer your question - I saw 1 mock draft that had us taking Miami's OT Ereck Flowers in round 1. That didn't look too bad to me. Other OTs I like are: La el Collins LSU, TJ Clemmings Pitt, Cedric Ogbuehi Texas A&M. Some people think Bowie could challenge Schwartz for the starting RT spot. If so, maybe we can snag a Guard later in the draft.

    I've been kind of torn between oline and dline with one of our first round picks. Our 5 technique technique lacked depth and it was very weak at times. Oregon's DE Arik Armstead would really improve that quite a bit IMO. This would allow us to kick our best 2 gap defender - John Hughes inside to NT..

    I'm hoping we land TE Maxx Williams with our other first round pick.