LB/DL times
-
If you pull it or strain it you can pull up as soon as you feel it, which sounds like what Rey Rey did. That's a 2-4 week thing. When you tear it you just drop like some shot you in the back. That's the 4-7 week variety.
Not a lot of fun. And once you do it once, you're more likely to do it again and again. This is why it's one of the injuries that scouts look out for. It lingers over whole seasons, sometimes over whole careers. And it usually means something is wrong with your opposite leg, which was my problem.
Terry Glenn was one guy who had real hammy issues. Or you might remember Robert Edwards after his knee injury - he actually wore a brace on his good knee to try and make it less flexible so as to match the bad knee. Without the brace on the good knee he kept pulling his hamstring on his good leg.
-
Rey said that he hurt the hammy two weeks ago and hadn't really been doing any running since then. And because he felt the pop, he's worried that he tore something.
But he didn't fall down like you said he would, and he does have a history of overreacting to injuries. So it could be a relatively minor injury.
-
I kept popping my hammy after I had a knee reconstruction. They remove a tendon to use as the ACL and that's right where it pops. I know of others who have the same thing happen.
-
Hammy also seems to be the in excuse, and I've always suspected that agents/strength coaches inform players that this is an option if you start running disappointing times - just say you've pulled a hammy.
-
Love the times, Alo. Keep 'em coming.
I've also noticed that Football's Future is a good place for combine times. NFL.com's online coverage has sucked.
Just tell me the guy's name, what he measured in at, and what his times are. Is that so hard?
-
That Curry kid is really impressive; not so sure he will be there at five
-
Curry is the frickin' man. Really can't see him getting past Kansas City at #3.
-
Aloysius said:
Curry is the frickin' man. Really can't see him getting past Kansas City at #3.Start putting negative press out about how KC needs to anchor their Def line before they even think about LB.
Shep, write something up and get it published STAT.
Convince KC they need Raji.
-
Well, Al, you were all over Curry from the beginning and now you're going to see him move away from us slowly but inexorably.
Sad thing to watch, really.
Especially because you convinced me about him, too.
Bastard.
-
Hey, Pioli drafted Seymour, Ty Warren, and Vince Wilfork, all in round one. He only drafted one linebacker on day one in his entire stint with the Pats, and that was Mayo last year.
If that gives you hope.
-
If Raji didn't allegedly have some off the field issues, I'd be somewhat confident that we could get Curry. Now, the only way I can see us getting him is if KC takes Stafford, which I don't see happening.
I've read that the Chiefs really like Eugene Monroe, but why would they take a LT when Branden Albert played so well last year?
-
Official times:
Aaron Curry - 4.56
Stanley Arnoux - 4.61
Gerald McRath - 4.61
Clay Matthews - 4.67
Jason Phillips - 4.69
Jasper Brinkley - 4.72
Brian Cushing - 4.74
Marcus Freeman - 4.74
Zack Follett - 4.75
Moise Fokou - 4.76
-
These give you an idea what makes a top 10 linebacker.
Willis ran in the 4.5s. So did Mayo. So did Curry. And those three all went/are going in the top 11.
And they're all great kids/team leaders.
-
I wonder if Laurinaitis slides out of the 1st Round. Those 4.8 unofficial 40's could be closer to 4.9's, and he didn't look particularly fluid during the LB drills.
-
Official times:
Aaron Curry - 4.56
Stanley Arnoux - 4.61
Gerald McRath - 4.61
Clay Matthews - 4.67
Jason Phillips - 4.69
Jasper Brinkley - 4.72
Brian Cushing - 4.74
Marcus Freeman - 4.74
Zack Follett - 4.75
Moise Fokou - 4.76
Aloysius said:
Official times:Aaron Curry - 4.56
Stanley Arnoux - 4.61
Gerald McRath - 4.61
Clay Matthews - 4.67
Jason Phillips - 4.69
Jasper Brinkley - 4.72
Brian Cushing - 4.74
Marcus Freeman - 4.74
Zack Follett - 4.75
Moise Fokou - 4.76
Brinkley came in faster that Cushing? Wow...didn't see that coming. 4.72 isn't bad for a guy known for his hitting. Curry is a beat though. I am still not convinced we are not going to have a shot at him.
I just don't see Detroit going with him at #1. Raji or Stafford make a lot more sense...as does a LT (although they have some issues too). St. Louis may end up going with one of the DE's or LT as well.
I still see KC going Raji...NT is the KEY to the 3-4...and they are the hardest to find. And I am not sure they are going to be sold on the QB position.
As for Seattle...Crabtree still makes the most sense...even with the foot fracture....but if Raji falls here he may be an option.
Matthews is really looking good. Over 10' on the broad jump and a good 40....nice.
-
I wonder if Laurinaitis slides out of the 1st Round. Those 4.8 unofficial 40's could be closer to 4.9's, and he didn't look particularly fluid during the LB drills.
Aloysius said:
I wonder if Laurinaitis slides out of the 1st Round. Those 4.8 unofficial 40's could be closer to 4.9's, and he didn't look particularly fluid during the LB drills.I think he will slide. And I also think JL is the type of guy who is a "football player". I think his skills are showcased on the field rather than the combine.
-
I wonder if Laurinaitis slides out of the 1st Round. Those 4.8 unofficial 40's could be closer to 4.9's, and he didn't look particularly fluid during the LB drills.
Aloysius said:
I wonder if Laurinaitis slides out of the 1st Round. Those 4.8 unofficial 40's could be closer to 4.9's, and he didn't look particularly fluid during the LB drills.I thought he looked horrid; Matthews Jr looked much better....Curry was out of this world
-
Aloysius said:
I wonder if Laurinaitis slides out of the 1st Round. Those 4.8 unofficial 40's could be closer to 4.9's, and he didn't look particularly fluid during the LB drills.I thought he looked horrid; Matthews Jr looked much better....Curry was out of this world
I thought he looked horrid; Matthews Jr looked much better....Curry was out of this world
Personally, I think we should try to get Mathews.
-
Aloysius said:
I wonder if Laurinaitis slides out of the 1st Round. Those 4.8 unofficial 40's could be closer to 4.9's, and he didn't look particularly fluid during the LB drills.I think he will slide. And I also think JL is the type of guy who is a "football player". I think his skills are showcased on the field rather than the combine.
AdaM said:
I think he will slide. And I also think JL is the type of guy who is a "football player". I think his skills are showcased on the field rather than the combine.I agree, he has good football instincts. He will run faster on his pro day at OSU. It is a real fast tract at OSU. He ran 4.6s and 4.7s in spring practice, but Freeman was faster then him there. Got to look at how they play in pads and there game speed. I think combine stats are a bit overrated. some guys look great in shorts but slow down or lose their burst in pads on a grass field.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login