Skip to content

2014 Rookie draft class winners

The Browns Board
28 8 1.1k
  • OK, but what are those rankings at the end.......is that how they fared vis a vis ALL players at their position in the NFL?

    e.g. you say Bito was the "2d OG". Do you mean he rated second of all OGs in the entire league....including all veterans?

    Do you mean that KMack was THE best OLB in the entire NFL.

    Or is that where they were picked in the draft in comparison to all others at that position?

    Clarify.

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, but what are those rankings at the end.......is that how they fared vis a vis ALL players at their position in the NFL?

    e.g. you say Bito was the "2d OG". Do you mean he rated second of all OGs in the entire league....including all veterans?

    Do you mean that KMack was THE best OLB in the entire NFL.

    Or is that where they were picked in the draft in comparison to all others at that position?

    Clarify.

    Chris got it....the last number indicates where they were picked relative to their position....and these rankings are rookie only....

    so, it's simply a list that show #1 at each position(where they were picked) and how many others were selected ahead of them

    then I listed them best to worst..... the top ones had 'elite" rankings within the entire NFL.....Bito , Kmack, Donald, Borland, Beckham all rated at the very top amongst all players........but thats for another list....

  • So.... Mack should be:

    K. Mack OLB / Oak.......Rnd 1 (5) 1st OLB (picked) ???

    And Mack was PFF's top rookie?

  • So.... Mack should be:

    K. Mack OLB / Oak.......Rnd 1 (5) 1st OLB (picked) ???

    And Mack was PFF's top rookie?

    @tour2ma said:

    So.... Mack should be:

    K. Mack OLB / Oak.......Rnd 1 (5) 1st OLB (picked) ???

    And Mack was PFF's top rookie?

    Fixed...Thanks

    Yes....K Mack actually had the highest rating of any player in the NFL......55. something......off the charts.....a 20+ would be considered elite.......our examples.....Bito 22, Joe Thomas 33.....so, 55 is WOW

    whoops.....correction.....JJ Watt is #1 at +107.5......holy effing crap!!!!

  • lol... 107.5 sounds more like an FM station than a PFF rating...

    ... but 55 doesn't suck.

    I believe I had that one... with a discount for being OK with the trade down thing...

  • Now can we say Sammy Watkins is not that guy that we thought he was. Ok I was the only one wrong.. But if you want to Crown him Crown Him..

  • I had Sammy penciled in all the way until Draft Day. I'll go as far as saying that Watkins was not the rookie I thought he'd be, but the book is not closed on him yet.

    That said, the second Mack was still on the board at #4 I said, "Sammy who?" 😉

  • 107.5 good lord. Can you just post the top 20 or so players?

  • 107.5 good lord. Can you just post the top 20 or so players?

    @wargograw said:

    107.5 good lord. Can you just post the top 20 or so players?

    I have the top rookies figured already....so here they are.....these are the top 15 rookies, regardless of position......their pff score is the last # listed......and for reference, anything over 20 would be an elite "all-pro" type season.....10-19 would be very good(pro-bowlish).....3-10 would be very good(above average play)........

    1) K. Mack OLB / Oak......Rnd 1(5) 55.3

    2) A. Donald DT/ StL...........Rnd 1(13) 34.4

    3) J. Bitonio OG/ Browns....Rnd 2(35) 22.4

    4) Z. Martin OG/Dallas.......Rnd 1(16) 21.6

    5) C. Borland ILB/ SF........... Rnd 3(77) 20.8

    6) O. Beckham WR/ NYG.........Rnd 1(12) 20.4

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The 6 players above all rated over 20(elite) and were among the top 2-3 players in the NFL...at their respective positions....

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    7) B. Linder OG/Jax...........Rnd 3(93) 16.6

    😎 C. Mosley ILB/Balt...........Rnd 1(17) 11.3

    9) M. Evans WR/TB...........Rnd 1(7) 10.2

    10)C. Linsley C / GB.............Rnd 5(161) 10.0

    11)A. Baar OLB/Minn........Rnd 1(9) 9.3

    12)T. Jernigan DE/Balt............Rnd 2(48) 8.9

    13) K. Williams CB/ Browns.....UDFA 8.7

    14) A. Norwell OG/Car ..........UDFA 8.5

    15)B. Benwikere CB/Car............Rnd 5(148) 7.6

    So....there they are....your 15 top rookies for 2014.......how many on this list would you have predicted?.....for me, maybe just a few........

  • and here are your overall 10 highest rated players....flat out.....all positions/all NFL.....

    1) JJ Watt.............DE.........107.5

    2) K. Mack...........OLB........55.3.....*rookie

    3) V. Miller...........OLB........54.0

    4) J. Houston.......OLB........51.1

    5) M. Yanda........OG..........43.4

    6) A. Rodgers......QB.........40.0

    7) S. Richardson..DE.........39.9

    😎 J. Peters..........OT.........38.2

    9) A. Whitworth....OT.........36.8

    10) A. Donald........DT.........34.4.....*rookie

    And not too many surprises here........all top players.......

  • and only one QB.

    he is a 'BAAAAAAAD' man.

  • Beat's the "Money Sign" with a Money Belt.. No Double Check needed..

  • @wargograw said:

    107.5 good lord. Can you just post the top 20 or so players?

    I have the top rookies figured already....so here they are.....these are the top 15 rookies, regardless of position......their pff score is the last # listed......and for reference, anything over 20 would be an elite "all-pro" type season.....10-19 would be very good(pro-bowlish).....3-10 would be very good(above average play)........

    1) K. Mack OLB / Oak......Rnd 1(5) 55.3

    2) A. Donald DT/ StL...........Rnd 1(13) 34.4

    3) J. Bitonio OG/ Browns....Rnd 2(35) 22.4

    4) Z. Martin OG/Dallas.......Rnd 1(16) 21.6

    5) C. Borland ILB/ SF........... Rnd 3(77) 20.8

    6) O. Beckham WR/ NYG.........Rnd 1(12) 20.4

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The 6 players above all rated over 20(elite) and were among the top 2-3 players in the NFL...at their respective positions....

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    7) B. Linder OG/Jax...........Rnd 3(93) 16.6

    😎 C. Mosley ILB/Balt...........Rnd 1(17) 11.3

    9) M. Evans WR/TB...........Rnd 1(7) 10.2

    10)C. Linsley C / GB.............Rnd 5(161) 10.0

    11)A. Baar OLB/Minn........Rnd 1(9) 9.3

    12)T. Jernigan DE/Balt............Rnd 2(48) 8.9

    13) K. Williams CB/ Browns.....UDFA 8.7

    14) A. Norwell OG/Car ..........UDFA 8.5

    15)B. Benwikere CB/Car............Rnd 5(148) 7.6

    So....there they are....your 15 top rookies for 2014.......how many on this list would you have predicted?.....for me, maybe just a few........

    @mudfly said:

    So....there they are....your 15 top rookies for 2014.......how many on this list would you have predicted?.....for me, maybe just a few........

    Put me down for three... Mack, Borland and Linder.

    I am surprised Mosely did not rate higher.

    @mudfly said:

    and here are your overall 10 highest rated players....flat out.....all positions/all NFL.....

    And not too many surprises here........all top players.......

    Interesting breakdown.... 3 OLBs (2-4), 2 DEs, 2 OTs, 1 OG, 1 DT... and a QB in a Pear Tree...

    Do you happen to have Joe Thomas' rating for reference?

  • @mudfly said:

    So....there they are....your 15 top rookies for 2014.......how many on this list would you have predicted?.....for me, maybe just a few........

    Put me down for three... Mack, Borland and Linder.

    I am surprised Mosely did not rate higher.

    @mudfly said:

    and here are your overall 10 highest rated players....flat out.....all positions/all NFL.....

    And not too many surprises here........all top players.......

    Interesting breakdown.... 3 OLBs (2-4), 2 DEs, 2 OTs, 1 OG, 1 DT... and a QB in a Pear Tree...

    Do you happen to have Joe Thomas' rating for reference?

    @tour2ma said:

    Joe Thomas....

    Yes, I had him as #10, but turns out he is really #11 with a 33.5

  • Even though this is just a one season analysis, it tells me what I already knew, all the time, money and effort that goes into talent evaluation by NFL teams is worthless. It's a crap shoot. 3 UDFA's on the list? Oh well, it is after all, a league where the best QB in its history was selected in the 6th round.

  • Thanks mudfly! I need to get myself an account soon. I'm curious how Mack's stats were so average.

  • Thanks mudfly! I need to get myself an account soon. I'm curious how Mack's stats were so average.

    @wargograw said:

    Thanks mudfly! I need to get myself an account soon. I'm curious how Mack's stats were so average.

    Mack?......not sure if asking about our Mack .....or K. Mack......??.......K Mack was off the charts good at 55

    Alex Mack had a great score (for 5 games)......since you get a score each week, your overall score is cumulative.....For his 5 games, Mack had a 6.9, which is pretty good even for 16 games......if you project the same performance over 16, he would have scored a 22.1 and been rated #2 center in the league(Mangold had a 22.6)....

    So, Id say....both Macks were well above average.......

  • Even though this is just a one season analysis, it tells me what I already knew, all the time, money and effort that goes into talent evaluation by NFL teams is worthless. It's a crap shoot. 3 UDFA's on the list? Oh well, it is after all, a league where the best QB in its history was selected in the 6th round.

    @frenchie said:

    Even though this is just a one season analysis, it tells me what I already knew, all the time, money and effort that goes into talent evaluation by NFL teams is worthless. It's a crap shoot. 3 UDFA's on the list? Oh well, it is after all, a league where the best QB in its history was selected in the 6th round.

    Same data... different conclusion...

    If it's a crap shoot with all the scouting that is done, I hate to think how poor the selecting would be without it.

    And while you'd get a lot of arguments about Brady being the best ever... in the roll call of HOF QBs, there are quite a number of low draft choices or UDFAs and/or were released from their original teams.

  • @wargograw said:

    Thanks mudfly! I need to get myself an account soon. I'm curious how Mack's stats were so average.

    Mack?......not sure if asking about our Mack .....or K. Mack......??.......K Mack was off the charts good at 55

    Alex Mack had a great score (for 5 games)......since you get a score each week, your overall score is cumulative.....For his 5 games, Mack had a 6.9, which is pretty good even for 16 games......if you project the same performance over 16, he would have scored a 22.1 and been rated #2 center in the league(Mangold had a 22.6)....

    So, Id say....both Macks were well above average.......

    @mudfly said:

    Mack?......not sure if asking about our Mack .....or K. Mack......??.......K Mack was off the charts good at 55

    Alex Mack had a great score (for 5 games)......since you get a score each week, your overall score is cumulative.....For his 5 games, Mack had a 6.9, which is pretty good even for 16 games......if you project the same performance over 16, he would have scored a 22.1 and been rated #2 center in the league(Mangold had a 22.6)....

    So, Id say....both Macks were well above average.......

    I mean his actual stats. 55 tackles, 4 sacks.

  • @mudfly said:

    Mack?......not sure if asking about our Mack .....or K. Mack......??.......K Mack was off the charts good at 55

    Alex Mack had a great score (for 5 games)......since you get a score each week, your overall score is cumulative.....For his 5 games, Mack had a 6.9, which is pretty good even for 16 games......if you project the same performance over 16, he would have scored a 22.1 and been rated #2 center in the league(Mangold had a 22.6)....

    So, Id say....both Macks were well above average.......

    I mean his actual stats. 55 tackles, 4 sacks.

    @wargograw said:

    I mean his actual stats. 55 tackles, 4 sacks.

    It's Oakland. Teams probably played away from him. Opposite to Skrine getting a load of INTs because teams attacked him, not Haden, I guess.

  • Yeah makes sense but it's still extremely low and sacks are sacks. Especially with Justin Tuck on the other side. Just saying, with that grade, you'd think he'd have more.

    I'm curious how Suh did and how the league's best CBs stack up, since several are in an ongoing pissing match with each other/their critics.