WINSLOW TRADED!!
-
I just see it as Winslow wasn't going to fit in the plans and we traded a problem before it became a problem once he started getting 2-3 balls a game.
If we got a 2nd and something else, I am good with the deal.
Face it....Mangini wants to put his stamp on the team. That means new blood.
Before it done, expect to see more players traded....Rogers is probably next.
-
im happy we are getting multiple picks with this trade. He was good but also expensive and better to get rid of him when he has value.
We have plenty of talent at TE. The picks will def be used to sure up the roster and add depth, I think it's a good move. As long as they atleast got a 2nd / 4th.
AdaM said:
We have plenty of talent at TE. The picks will def be used to sure up the roster and add depth, I think it's a good move. As long as they atleast got a 2nd / 4th.Great move Browns dumping the slug of uselessness Kellen Winslow JR..........GREAT DAY IN BROWNS HISTORY ridding ourselves from that slug
and if Mangini is worth a shit...........Rogers needs to go as well..........overhyped average performer in a team that cannot play the scheme
-
I like it, if we get an early 3rd rounder or better its a good deal.
K2 is on borrowed time with his knee issues. Might as well get something for him while we could.
-
The useless overhyped dumb wasted slug is finally gone...........glad this time Tampa went brain dead instead of us as usual
-
-
The useless overhyped dumb wasted slug is finally gone...........glad this time Tampa went brain dead instead of us as usual
The useless overhyped dumb wasted slug is finally gone...........glad this time Tampa went brain dead instead of us as usual
I agree with you here Rich; dude is one injury away from retirement...another Browns draft failure
-
The useless overhyped dumb wasted slug is finally gone...........glad this time Tampa went brain dead instead of us as usual
I agree with you here Rich; dude is one injury away from retirement...another Browns draft failure
I agree with you here Rich; dude is one injury away from retirement...another Browns draft failure
All players are one injury away from retirement.
And Winslow is not a draft failure. He's put up top 5 TE numbers for 3 years now.
-
when do we know what we got for him?
-
when do we know what we got for him?
when do we know what we got for him?
Probably tonight or tomorrow.
They will likely reveal that the pick is indeed this years 2nd rounder, and next years is a conditional pick that has the potential to be a 2nd or 3rd if winslow produces.
-
I agree with you here Rich; dude is one injury away from retirement...another Browns draft failure
All players are one injury away from retirement.
And Winslow is not a draft failure. He's put up top 5 TE numbers for 3 years now.
All players are one injury away from retirement.
And Winslow is not a draft failure. He's put up top 5 TE numbers for 3 years now.
True; that was not my best take...or my intent. My point is that he has been very injury prone; it is obvious that we are in rebuild mode and I am fine with someone who claimed to be a soldier (I actually WAS one; 'visitor' in Iraq) with a complete attitude problem is gone
-
when do we know what we got for him?
Probably tonight or tomorrow.
They will likely reveal that the pick is indeed this years 2nd rounder, and next years is a conditional pick that has the potential to be a 2nd or 3rd if winslow produces.
AdaM said:
Probably tonight or tomorrow.They will likely reveal that the pick is indeed this years 2nd rounder, and next years is a conditional pick that has the potential to be a 2nd or 3rd if winslow produces.
According to Sirius NFL; WTAM we receive a second this year and a fifth next
-
Zombo said:
Bucs 2nd rounder is pick #50Good spot for a lineman
Zombo
The Brinkley scenario is intriguing, but Jennings or Greene to go along with a Center (Eric Wood) wouldn't be bad, neither.
OG Duke Robinson wouldn't be bad, but he'll likely be gone by #50. Besides, I think our weakest link on the OL is at Center. We can get by with Tucker and Shaffer on the right side for another year or two. Fraley starting in 2009 is hard to justify.
-Al
-
I am quite pleased with this....ESPECIALLY if we did get a 2nd this year & another pick in '09 or '10.
Kellen has (had) great talent, BUT he.....
Is NOT a good TEAM player
Does NOT "choose" to block
IS injury prone & looking at a short productive career....AND
I feel he would be gone soon as he becomes a FA, so....
Why NOT get something for him while value is still there for him. There is a LOT that will be available in the 2nd round this year & I have been worried that Winslow would end up being a very costly mistake for the Browns in the long run.
The new guys are NOT sitting on their hands & that is a good thing....IMHO, they are off to a fine start.
Mike
-
So what's usually available in the 5th round besides Waterboys and Cheerleaders?
32 players who were drafted ahead of Tom Brady?
-
At this moment I am with your thinking Solon and I would sing Houdmazahdeh if possible for a fair price
-
Good point!
BUT check this out from our TEs that game:
S. Heiden 5 rec 59 yds
D. Dinkins 1 rec 22 yds 1 TD
That didn't make Edwards have a bad night as he had 5 rec 154 Yds 1 TD
Now look at how well we ran the ball vrs a playoff team when we had better blockign on the edge:
Cleveland Rush Yds Avg TD
J. Lewis 21 88 4.2 1
J. Harrison 2 41 20.5 0
J. Cribbs 1 12 12.0 0
J. Wright 1 3 3.0 0
L. Vickers 1 2 2.0 0
There's 146 yards on the Giants and we couldn't do that vrs BAD teams when Winslow played this last season.
- Tom F.
Coudln't do it against bad teams w/o Winslon either this past season. I just don't draw a lot from Winslow being out in that game a reason for good play.
Masters said:
Coudln't do it against bad teams w/o Winslon either this past season. I just don't draw a lot from Winslow being out in that game a reason for good play.Obviously that wasn't the ONLY reason Masters BUT our offense was so far less predictable. I think we're on the same page with that statement. When Winslow is out there, he's not very good if we have to run off tackle or run wide. That has never been his game and after all the injuries - it's even less his game. As he admits, he patterned his style of play after Jeremy Shockey. I heard that in one of his interviews and found the parallels undeniable.
And in the absence of Shockey in NY - they had TWO 1000 yard rushers in 2008 after they went unbeaten in the previous post season (without Shockey again).
Brian B of Balt always says Shannon Sharpe's blocking was underrated as he said on ESPN Radio don't forget he was there the season Lewis rushed for 2000 yards.
As I said, I appreciated Winslow when he was here BUT the wear and tear made this move brilliant because he's a fraction of the player he WOULD have been barring surgery #1, #2, #3 and #4. Always had GREAT hands and ran good routes. The frequency of yellow flags thrown at him for pushoffs was increasing this last season. This is a perfect time to deal him.
- Tom F.
-
The most impportant thing about this thread is it is pinned ...........like dumping a drain on the franchise requires thus
Good riddance Kellen as useless as you ever were'
and thank goodness maybe the browns are going beyond comatose'
\
WHAt a greAT MOve duMPINig thaT SLUG
-
I just lurked through a thread on the Bucs board and their reaction seems mixed. Some bummed they lost draft picks and others excited.
Most seem to think it was a fair deal for both teams.
We'll see...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login