Skip to content

Breaking: Tom Brady suspended 4 games, 2016 1st rounder gone.

The Browns Board
78 34 2.6k
  • @cuwoohio said:

    11248695_10205229472233584_1058678146509

    Haha didn't Bobby Valentine try something like that with the Mets after he got ejected?

    C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @taco918 said:

    Haha didn't Bobby Valentine try something like that with the Mets after he got ejected?

    Yes I believe he did

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    All Else fails Blame the Browns:: So all sources say We got off because all Browns Officials cooperated with League investigations in Text gate. So are we saying, Jimmy Haslem phone was also reviewed by league for Messages.. If so Tom Brady has nothing to hide over Haslem (Flying V) besides the truth. Unless Brady give up the smoking gun (phone) he's got no chance to get this reduced IMO...

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #64

    This suspension is not only ridiculous but it's laughable

  • A jury is not supposed to take into account when a defendant does not testify, but I've heard jurors with my own ears say it does play a part. I believe he didn't cooperate because he's knows he's guilty. I could be completely wrong though ?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @comeonman said:

    A jury is not supposed to take into account when a defendant does not testify, but I've heard jurors with my own ears say it does play a part. I believe he didn't cooperate because he's knows he's guilty. I could be completely wrong though

    & that's why the League hammered him.

    I agree with Gip- taking away draft picks hurts the fans- but it seems old Tom has been using deflated balls for years.

  • @comeonman said:

    A jury is not supposed to take into account when a defendant does not testify, but I've heard jurors with my own ears say it does play a part. I believe he didn't cooperate because he's knows he's guilty. I could be completely wrong though

    & that's why the League hammered him.

    I agree with Gip- taking away draft picks hurts the fans- but it seems old Tom has been using deflated balls for years.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @hoorta said:

    & that's why the League hammered him.

    I agree with Gip- taking away draft picks hurts the fans- but it seems old Tom has been using deflated balls for years.

    I'm surprised Giselle puts up with it.

  • @hoorta said:

    & that's why the League hammered him.

    I agree with Gip- taking away draft picks hurts the fans- but it seems old Tom has been using deflated balls for years.

    I'm surprised Giselle puts up with it.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @gftchris said:

    I'm surprised Giselle puts up with it.

    Wahey

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #68

    What if Jimmy Garoppolo is the new Tom Brady like Tom Brady was to Drew Bledsoe?

  • What if Jimmy Garoppolo is the new Tom Brady like Tom Brady was to Drew Bledsoe?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @walterwhite said:

    What if Jimmy Garoppolo is the new Tom Brady like Tom Brady was to Drew Bledsoe?

    I'll trade a 6th rounder for Brady.

  • What if Jimmy Garoppolo is the new Tom Brady like Tom Brady was to Drew Bledsoe?

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @walterwhite said:

    What if Jimmy Garoppolo is the new Tom Brady like Tom Brady was to Drew Bledsoe?

    The rich get richer. See Manning/Luck
  • @walterwhite said:

    What if Jimmy Garoppolo is the new Tom Brady like Tom Brady was to Drew Bledsoe?

    The rich get richer. See Manning/Luck
    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @comeonman said:

    The rich get richer. See Manning/Luck

    The colts lucked in to Luck, they were picking #1 - whoever sucked most that year would have had him.

    Pats otoh, Garoppolo was taken in the second round, anyone could have had him.

  • What if Jimmy Garoppolo is the new Tom Brady like Tom Brady was to Drew Bledsoe?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @walterwhite said:

    What if Jimmy Garoppolo is the new Tom Brady like Tom Brady was to Drew Bledsoe?

    Pretty rare that lightning strikes twice in the same place. A lower round draft pick becoming a megastar? Per my research, since Tom Brady was drafted in 2000 there is exactly ONE other QB drafted in round 3 or lower that could or has reached that level....and that is Russell Wilson,

    Beyond Brady and Wilson the best round 3 or lower draft picks are probably Nick Foles, Matt Schaub, David Garrard and Marc Bulger.

    And yes, I know that Garrapolo was a second round pick. If I include second rounders only 3 other names crop up that represent really quality QBs since 2000: Drew Brees, Andy Dalton??, and Colin Kaepernick.

    So, no, if a top notch QB emerges from round 2 or below I see the candidates being Foles, Kaepernick, David Carr...and maybe Mettenberger.

    Does Garropolo have a chance? Yes, but no better than a dozen other draftees.....like Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, Geno Smith and a few others.

  • @comeonman said:

    The rich get richer. See Manning/Luck

    The colts lucked in to Luck, they were picking #1 - whoever sucked most that year would have had him.

    Pats otoh, Garoppolo was taken in the second round, anyone could have had him.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #73

    @gftchris said:

    The colts lucked in to Luck, they were picking #1 - whoever sucked most that year would have had him.

    The Colts helped their suck "a little"...

    Manning was cleared to play with about 3 weeks left in the season IIRC... Colts said no hurry to rush back.

    Biggest tank job I can remember in the NFL.. and Orlovski nearly messed it up with two late season wins

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #74

    How is anyone actually doubting the conclusion?

    "More probable than not" IS THE STANDARD for legal issues. You're welcome to not like reality, but that doesn't change anything.

    News flash: The vast majority of everything is a hypothesis, NOT A PROOF.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #75

    outside of NE fans, who really gives a shit about this?

    yeah it might have given brady the slightest of slight advantages (more in his mind) but i don't remember them having a perfect season last year. they still lost games and brady still threw interceptions so........

    i guess the refs didn't do their due diligence in not checking the air before during and after each game. hell let's stop the game after each play because a stack of players fell on the ball and god knows you better check to make sure no air escaped it.

  • How is anyone actually doubting the conclusion?

    "More probable than not" IS THE STANDARD for legal issues. You're welcome to not like reality, but that doesn't change anything.

    News flash: The vast majority of everything is a hypothesis, NOT A PROOF.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @unsympathetic said:

    How is anyone actually doubting the conclusion?

    "More probable than not" IS THE STANDARD for legal issues. You're welcome to not like reality, but that doesn't change anything.

    News flash: The vast majority of everything is a hypothesis, NOT A PROOF.

    Exactly. "Beyond a reasonable doubt" is the way the law is here in TX. If you had to have rock solid "smoking gun" proof, almost NO ONE would be convicted
  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #77

    Just wait until McNally sells the story to ESPN. I can't blame him either because all he got was new-kicks and autographed balls and jerseys. ESPN will make him a millionaire.

  • @gftchris said:

    The colts lucked in to Luck, they were picking #1 - whoever sucked most that year would have had him.

    The Colts helped their suck "a little"...

    Manning was cleared to play with about 3 weeks left in the season IIRC... Colts said no hurry to rush back.

    Biggest tank job I can remember in the NFL.. and Orlovski nearly messed it up with two late season wins

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @tour2ma said:

    The Colts helped their suck "a little"...

    Manning was cleared to play with about 3 weeks left in the season IIRC... Colts said no hurry to rush back.

    Biggest tank job I can remember in the NFL.. and Orlovski nearly messed it up with two late season wins

    There's been plenty of years where I wish the Browns would have done this though-we've always been just good enough to miss the elite QB prospect.