Skip to content

Marcus Mariota is Terrible

The Browns Board
89 28 4.7k
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Look forward to eating his lunch Sunday.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #45

    he needs to eat. so does duke.

  • @miktoxic said:

    tim couch is now putting his money behind conner cook i bet.

    right couch?

    then when he blows he'll just pull his neck and hands back from the ground and disappear like a fart in the wind.

    brandon weeden? red headed gun-slinger? LOL.

    I never put my money behind Weeden. And I won't put anything behind Cook until I see what he does this year.

    But I did put my money behind Mariota, and he looked awfully damn good yesterday. As I said before, just because he ran in Oregon doesn't mean he can't throw in the NFL.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I never put my money behind Weeden. And I won't put anything behind Cook until I see what he does this year.

    But I did put my money behind Mariota, and he looked awfully damn good yesterday. As I said before, just because he ran in Oregon doesn't mean he can't throw in the NFL.

    Mariota? You have been hyping Winston for the past 2 years...

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I never put my money behind Weeden. And I won't put anything behind Cook until I see what he does this year.

    But I did put my money behind Mariota, and he looked awfully damn good yesterday. As I said before, just because he ran in Oregon doesn't mean he can't throw in the NFL.

    Mariota? You have been hyping Winston for the past 2 years...

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #47

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Mariota? You have been hyping Winston for the past 2 years...

    not really.

    couch touted bortles if anyone. gotta give him credit on the mariota thing. hell who wouldn't want that kid now that he looks great in game action?

    shows you how much jon gruden knows.

  • @mike-h said:

    Thought the same thing.

    No one is asking you to shut the fuck up because they're my friend, it's because you're an idiot.

    Nothing I said was wrong lol, and you give no rebutle, you just say Johnny didn't suck total ass, so that's good enough

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @columbusking said:

    Nothing I said was wrong lol, and you give no rebutle, you just say Johnny didn't suck total ass, so that's good enough

    I gave a rebuttal, because I watched the game and charted Manziel. Looked better than Bridgewater does right now
  • @columbusking said:

    Nothing I said was wrong lol, and you give no rebutle, you just say Johnny didn't suck total ass, so that's good enough

    I gave a rebuttal, because I watched the game and charted Manziel. Looked better than Bridgewater does right now
    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @mike-h said:

    I gave a rebuttal, because I watched the game and charted Manziel. Looked better than Bridgewater does right now

    McCown looked better then all 3

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I never put my money behind Weeden. And I won't put anything behind Cook until I see what he does this year.

    But I did put my money behind Mariota, and he looked awfully damn good yesterday. As I said before, just because he ran in Oregon doesn't mean he can't throw in the NFL.

    Mariota? You have been hyping Winston for the past 2 years...

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Mariota? You have been hyping Winston for the past 2 years...

    I've been "hyping" both, I guess you could say.

    I've been vocal about Winston's off field transgressions being less than what people made them out to be, and how he is almost the perfect prospect.

    I've been vocal about how Mariota could have a very similar skill set to Aaron Rodgers, despite some people claiming he's a gimmick.

    I'll admit I was higher on Winston than Mariota at first. I was even anti Mariota. But when I actually did my own research and stopped listening to what ESPN told me, I saw more to be excited about and less to be worried about.

  • @columbusking said:

    What? I'm saying things that actually happened, you just get your buddies to ask me to shut the fuck up lol

    Mike H has no friends here. 🥷

    he was the original Retard lol.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Yes, you got on board early.

    Despite our JFF experience, the whole "play call" thing has always seemed overblown to me, but the ease with which MM has added under-center, QB play to his pistol/shotgun repertoire has surprised me.

    @miktoxic said:

    Mike H has no friends here. 🥷

    Beat me to it...

    @mike-h said:

    I gave a rebuttal, because I watched the game and charted Manziel. Looked better than Bridgewater does right now

    Could always just scan and post your chart... Bridgewater's too for comparison. Big time savers...

    JM's performance was a very mixed bag to my eye. Early he had successes like a very early hot read and spotting Benji breaking open.

    Missing Hawkins was not a product of a ball thrown too high... it was thrown too wide by a QB whose strengths are supposed to include throwing on the run... even to the left.

    Then it seemed as if the Jets went to their Defending JM chapter and the good waned.

    The INT throw was straight out of 2014... late and to the inside. Not sure, but I think it was a blind throw to an estimated spot.

    One of the two fumbles were even more concerning. He set up the one where he bailed to his right and stopped. in doing so he created a total blind side in which he simply stood too long, setting up the strip-sack.

    The other fumble was simply a matter of a stronger defender punching the ball from the grip of a weaker player. It was a good, opportunistic defensive play.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #52

    I'd like to think after that steaming turd we laid week one that after watching film and being at home the defense will disrupt Mariota. Just hope the offense can sustain drives and keep the defense off the field.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @douche-nozzle said:

    If you think little Johnny was a bright spot you deserve to watch an entire season with him as the starting QB and amassing more negative stats than any QB in history.

    He was you fucking nimrod

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    If you think little Johnny was a bright spot you deserve to watch an entire season with him as the starting QB and amassing more negative stats than any QB in history.

    He was you fucking nimrod

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @walterwhite said:

    He was you fucking nimrod

    Outside of a deep strike...? No, not really.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #55

    63 comp | 97 att | 63% | 833 yards | 8 TD | 2 INT | 109.2 Rating

    8th in yards.

    4th in TD's.

    7th in rating.

    4th in 1st Down %

    1st in 20+ yard completions.

    Already has one perfect game.

    Oh, and guess what? He did all this while still being sacked 12 times, because his offensive line is worse than anything we currently have.

    Just your friendly reminder, to those who said he'd be a failure.

    I will eat my crow on one thing, however, because Winston is looking plenty mediocre.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #56

    The Titans were NOT giving that pick up unless someone offered 3-4 1st rounders. No prospect is worth that especially after the RG3 debacle.

    Mariota is going to be good for a very very long time I'm afraid. Another team lands a FQB and our stubborn head coach won't see if we have one.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #57

    Incorrect.

    The Titans were not giving up that pick -- full stop. No "unless" anything -- they weren't giving up that pick, period.

    You can't force anyone to accept something you propose.

  • Incorrect.

    The Titans were not giving up that pick -- full stop. No "unless" anything -- they weren't giving up that pick, period.

    You can't force anyone to accept something you propose.

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @unsympathetic said:

    Incorrect.

    The Titans were not giving up that pick -- full stop. No "unless" anything -- they weren't giving up that pick, period.

    You can't force anyone to accept something you propose.

    You're right. I remember Chip Kelly saying something the asking price was though the roof. Titans weren't budging.

    A franchise QB for 10-15 years is invaluable to a franchise.

  • The Titans were NOT giving that pick up unless someone offered 3-4 1st rounders. No prospect is worth that especially after the RG3 debacle.

    Mariota is going to be good for a very very long time I'm afraid. Another team lands a FQB and our stubborn head coach won't see if we have one.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @walterwhite said:

    The Titans were NOT giving that pick up unless someone offered 3-4 1st rounders. No prospect is worth that especially after the RG3 debacle.

    Mariota is going to be good for a very very long time I'm afraid. Another team lands a FQB and our stubborn head coach won't see if we have one.

    They were not giving up the pick regardless.

    However, the point of this thread is to continually remind those that thought Mariota was a "gimmick QB with no NFL future" that they were wrong. It's not to lament missing out on him, there's enough of that on every other forum on the internet.

    Mariota is poised to be a very similar player as Aaron Rodgers. Similar arm talent, vaguely similar demeanor, similar attributes.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #60

    0 and 1 against Johnny Manziel head to head.

    🙂

    WSS

  • 0 and 1 against Johnny Manziel head to head.

    🙂

    WSS

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @westside-steve said:

    0 and 1 against Johnny Manziel head to head.

    🙂

    WSS

    Also a true stat. If you would have asked me how I would want his season to play out last month, I'd have said as much.

    Only difference is that I'd have wanted Manziel to be undefeated to this point.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #62

    And yet we start McClown............

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #63

    "Mariota is poised to be a very similar player as Aaron Rodgers." Whoa, let the young QB get a few seasons under his belt before he starts getting mentioned in the same breath as the best QB in the NFL. You sound like you're back to believing the ESPN hype.