Skip to content

UPDATES

The Browns Board
75 23 2.2k
  • @lbc-mike said:

    I log on to read about news,updates, and opinions. But of late it has been nothing but crying from vaginas.

    Josh is currently our qb. STFU or go root for the ravens. Manziel will get his time. Remember that Rodgers sat a couple of years and now he is elite.

    That's right about Aaron. Too bad McCown isn't Bret Farve, I could live with that. Especially if the Browns had been in the playoffs the last couple of years- like Green Bay was, while Rodgers sat & learned.

    Sorry you don't like some opinions. So yup- McCown is the quarterback. He's been given the keys to the car- please don't drive it off a cliff.

    Actually- it might not be a bad thing for the Browns if the Ravens beat the Bengals Sunday.

    @hoorta said:

    like Green Bay was, while Rodgers sat & learned.

    Sorry you don't like some opinions.

    Excuse me. I don't remember Rogers in bathrooms with rolled up bills nor floating in pool with beers & bitches nor going to rehab. JM lost his own 1st year. Now lets see set and learn. Sorry I like Rogers a lot but your opinion? really.. Get a Update of how far your boy has come 1st.

  • STFU and go root for _________ is the new I licked the cookie so you can't have it. Such a childish angle

    @walterwhite said:

    STFU and go root for _________ is the new I licked the cookie so you can't have it. Such a childish angle

    Nah pretty week analogy attempt. Imagine someone sitting in Pizza Hut day after day and bitching they don't like pizza. Sooner or later you tell hem to STFU or go somewhere else.
  • C'mon jcam... give credit where it is due. If anyone knows childish angles here, it's Walter....

  • @hoorta said:

    like Green Bay was, while Rodgers sat & learned.

    Sorry you don't like some opinions.

    Excuse me. I don't remember Rogers in bathrooms with rolled up bills nor floating in pool with beers & bitches nor going to rehab. JM lost his own 1st year. Now lets see set and learn. Sorry I like Rogers a lot but your opinion? really.. Get a Update of how far your boy has come 1st.

    @gumby73 said:

    Excuse me. I don't remember Rogers in bathrooms with rolled up bills nor floating in pool with beers & bitches nor going to rehab. JM lost his own 1st year. Now lets see set and learn. Sorry I like Rogers a lot but your opinion? really.. Get a Update of how far your boy has come 1st.

    UPDATE: Manziel beats Titans- 28-14. McCown gets himself KOed on the first drive of the season. Happy now?

    Johnny Boy is most definitely not "my boy". Go back pre draft, look at my posts and see how much I wanted Manziel in a Browns uniform. I'll save you the trouble- it was ZERO. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I still have my doubts JFF can be a decent quarterback in the NFL, AND I still really don't like him all that much. Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

  • STFU and go root for _________ is the new I licked the cookie so you can't have it. Such a childish angle

    @walterwhite said:

    STFU and go root for _________ is the new I licked the cookie so you can't have it. Such a childish angle

    Do you even know where that originated? Because it's hilarious, so STFU. go root for Buffalo.
  • @gumby73 said:

    Excuse me. I don't remember Rogers in bathrooms with rolled up bills nor floating in pool with beers & bitches nor going to rehab. JM lost his own 1st year. Now lets see set and learn. Sorry I like Rogers a lot but your opinion? really.. Get a Update of how far your boy has come 1st.

    UPDATE: Manziel beats Titans- 28-14. McCown gets himself KOed on the first drive of the season. Happy now?

    Johnny Boy is most definitely not "my boy". Go back pre draft, look at my posts and see how much I wanted Manziel in a Browns uniform. I'll save you the trouble- it was ZERO. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I still have my doubts JFF can be a decent quarterback in the NFL, AND I still really don't like him all that much. Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

    @hoorta said:

    UPDATE: Manziel beats Titans- 28-14. McCown gets himself KOed on the first drive of the season. Happy now?

    Johnny Boy is most definitely not "my boy". Go back pre draft, look at my posts and see how much I wanted Manziel in a Browns uniform. I'll save you the trouble- it was ZERO. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I still have my doubts JFF can be a decent quarterback in the NFL, AND I still really don't like him all that much. Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

    He isn't joking. The Manziel hate power rankings looked something like this...

    1. Grossi, Jeff Phelps, Pat McManamon

    2. Hoorta and Tour

    3. Brian Hoyer

    4. Alabama fans

  • @hoorta said:

    like Green Bay was, while Rodgers sat & learned.

    Sorry you don't like some opinions.

    Excuse me. I don't remember Rogers in bathrooms with rolled up bills nor floating in pool with beers & bitches nor going to rehab. JM lost his own 1st year. Now lets see set and learn. Sorry I like Rogers a lot but your opinion? really.. Get a Update of how far your boy has come 1st.

    @gumby73 said:

    Excuse me. I don't remember Rogers in bathrooms with rolled up bills nor floating in pool with beers & bitches nor going to rehab. JM lost his own 1st year. Now lets see set and learn. Sorry I like Rogers a lot but your opinion? really.. Get a Update of how far your boy has come 1st.

    Here's an update for ya. He's a Brown. That makes him your boy too.

  • Update- Mc Cown still projected to start Sunday. If DHBF & Tonya Harding are sited near locker room area. All bets are off 😁

    @gumby73 said:

    Update- Mc Cown still projected to start Sunday. If DHBF & Tonya Harding are sited near locker room area. All bets are off 😁

    Where Pokey?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Excuse me. I don't remember Rogers in bathrooms with rolled up bills nor floating in pool with beers & bitches nor going to rehab. JM lost his own 1st year. Now lets see set and learn. Sorry I like Rogers a lot but your opinion? really.. Get a Update of how far your boy has come 1st.

    UPDATE: Manziel beats Titans- 28-14. McCown gets himself KOed on the first drive of the season. Happy now?

    Johnny Boy is most definitely not "my boy". Go back pre draft, look at my posts and see how much I wanted Manziel in a Browns uniform. I'll save you the trouble- it was ZERO. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I still have my doubts JFF can be a decent quarterback in the NFL, AND I still really don't like him all that much. Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

    @hoorta said:

    Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

    If #2 wins just one Superbowl, I will buy every variety of #2 jersey - including pink.

  • @hoorta said:

    Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

    If #2 wins just one Superbowl, I will buy every variety of #2 jersey - including pink.

    @bbedward said:

    If #2 wins just one Superbowl, I will buy every variety of #2 jersey - including pink.

    As long as it is with the Browns.

  • @hoorta said:

    Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

    If #2 wins just one Superbowl, I will buy every variety of #2 jersey - including pink.

    @bbedward said:

    If #2 wins just one Superbowl, I will buy every variety of #2 jersey - including pink.

    Would you wear a pink one if he just gets us to a Superbowl? 😆

  • @bbedward said:

    If #2 wins just one Superbowl, I will buy every variety of #2 jersey - including pink.

    Would you wear a pink one if he just gets us to a Superbowl? 😆

    @texasag1969 said:

    Would you wear a pink one if he just gets us to a Superbowl? 😆

    Hell, I'd wear a pink if he wins us a playoff game.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Excuse me. I don't remember Rogers in bathrooms with rolled up bills nor floating in pool with beers & bitches nor going to rehab. JM lost his own 1st year. Now lets see set and learn. Sorry I like Rogers a lot but your opinion? really.. Get a Update of how far your boy has come 1st.

    UPDATE: Manziel beats Titans- 28-14. McCown gets himself KOed on the first drive of the season. Happy now?

    Johnny Boy is most definitely not "my boy". Go back pre draft, look at my posts and see how much I wanted Manziel in a Browns uniform. I'll save you the trouble- it was ZERO. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I still have my doubts JFF can be a decent quarterback in the NFL, AND I still really don't like him all that much. Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

    @hoorta said:

    UPDATE: Manziel beats Titans- 28-14. McCown gets himself KOed on the first drive of the season. Happy now?

    Johnny Boy is most definitely not "my boy". Go back pre draft, look at my posts and see how much I wanted Manziel in a Browns uniform. I'll save you the trouble- it was ZERO. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I still have my doubts JFF can be a decent quarterback in the NFL, AND I still really don't like him all that much. Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

    Well, we know McCown will never win a SB. However, someone needs to be here to teach Johnny. But have you ever thought of the following:

    1)Perhaps the coaches have already decided we will need a new QB early in the draft, and neither Johnny or Josh will be that guy

    2)If Johnny sits and learns from Josh, he will be ready to take the reigns next year while the new QB sits and learns.

    3)This will be very important since we haven't had a QB learning on the job in some time

  • So, JFF sits and learns this year, so he can take over next year (when McCown is still under contract), while a new first round QB sits and learns...right.

  • @hoorta said:

    UPDATE: Manziel beats Titans- 28-14. McCown gets himself KOed on the first drive of the season. Happy now?

    Johnny Boy is most definitely not "my boy". Go back pre draft, look at my posts and see how much I wanted Manziel in a Browns uniform. I'll save you the trouble- it was ZERO. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I still have my doubts JFF can be a decent quarterback in the NFL, AND I still really don't like him all that much. Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

    He isn't joking. The Manziel hate power rankings looked something like this...

    1. Grossi, Jeff Phelps, Pat McManamon

    2. Hoorta and Tour

    3. Brian Hoyer

    4. Alabama fans

    @mike-h said:

    He isn't joking. The Manziel hate power rankings looked something like this...

    Mikey, you do know that telling a lie often enough does not make it true...

  • So, JFF sits and learns this year, so he can take over next year (when McCown is still under contract), while a new first round QB sits and learns...right.

    @gftchris said:

    So, JFF sits and learns this year, so he can take over next year (when McCown is still under contract), while a new first round QB sits and learns...right.

    Lots of learning...

    You can go to college for 4 years and study all about learning software. Write small programs, etc.

    Once you get a job writing production software - you'll learn more in 3 months on-the-job than 4 years combined studying.

    That's how I see it. Throwing a guy in to the wolves will make him learn faster than sitting around studying and watching.

    Although coach P thinks McCown gives us the best chance to win, so I think it's OK to roll with that for now. Nobody can accurately say that "The team knows the future QB isn't on the roster." because nobody knows, including some of the staff I'm sure.

  • @hoorta said:

    UPDATE: Manziel beats Titans- 28-14. McCown gets himself KOed on the first drive of the season. Happy now?

    Johnny Boy is most definitely not "my boy". Go back pre draft, look at my posts and see how much I wanted Manziel in a Browns uniform. I'll save you the trouble- it was ZERO. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I still have my doubts JFF can be a decent quarterback in the NFL, AND I still really don't like him all that much. Even should he win 5 Super Bowls- I will never buy a #2 jersey with his name on it. However- I have even more doubts McCown will be able to win a significant number of games with this roster. Time will tell.

    He isn't joking. The Manziel hate power rankings looked something like this...

    1. Grossi, Jeff Phelps, Pat McManamon

    2. Hoorta and Tour

    3. Brian Hoyer

    4. Alabama fans

    @mike-h said:

    He isn't joking. The Manziel hate power rankings looked something like this...

    1. Grossi, Jeff Phelps, Pat McManamon

    2. Hoorta and Tour

    3. Brian Hoyer

    4. Alabama fans

    Did you forget Merrill Hoge?

    What might be interesting....if it hasn't been done already......is to see ESPN do a whole segment with Hoge and Skip Bayless.

    Hoge the hater vs. Bayless the Johnny knobgobbler.

    Who would be the Burr and who would be the Hamilton?

    Or, maybe it could end like this other famous duel:

    • Thomas Biddle and Spencer Darwin Pettis — August 26, 1831 — One of the most famous duels to occur on Bloody Island, it is often cited as an example of the theory that "all politics is local." Pettis, a staunch Jacksonian Democrat, challenged Biddle, brother of banker Nicholas Biddle, because Biddle had publicly humiliated Pettis. Because the Code Duello stated that the particulars of the duel were to be decided by the "challengee," Biddle, who was nearsighted, chose Bloody Island and a distance of five feet. It is argued[by whom?] that Biddle thought such a close distance would convince Pettis not to go through with the duel, but Pettis was undeterred. They fired at five feet, and both were killed.
  • @mike-h said:

    He isn't joking. The Manziel hate power rankings looked something like this...

    Mikey, you do know that telling a lie often enough does not make it true...

    @tour2ma said:

    Mikey, you do know that telling a lie often enough does not make it true...

    Don't tell Adolph Hitler that.

  • @mike-h said:

    He isn't joking. The Manziel hate power rankings looked something like this...

    1. Grossi, Jeff Phelps, Pat McManamon

    2. Hoorta and Tour

    3. Brian Hoyer

    4. Alabama fans

    Did you forget Merrill Hoge?

    What might be interesting....if it hasn't been done already......is to see ESPN do a whole segment with Hoge and Skip Bayless.

    Hoge the hater vs. Bayless the Johnny knobgobbler.

    Who would be the Burr and who would be the Hamilton?

    Or, maybe it could end like this other famous duel:

    • Thomas Biddle and Spencer Darwin Pettis — August 26, 1831 — One of the most famous duels to occur on Bloody Island, it is often cited as an example of the theory that "all politics is local." Pettis, a staunch Jacksonian Democrat, challenged Biddle, brother of banker Nicholas Biddle, because Biddle had publicly humiliated Pettis. Because the Code Duello stated that the particulars of the duel were to be decided by the "challengee," Biddle, who was nearsighted, chose Bloody Island and a distance of five feet. It is argued[by whom?] that Biddle thought such a close distance would convince Pettis not to go through with the duel, but Pettis was undeterred. They fired at five feet, and both were killed.

    @the-gipper said:

    Did you forget Merrill Hoge?

    What might be interesting....if it hasn't been done already......is to see ESPN do a whole segment with Hoge and Skip Bayless.

    Hoge the hater vs. Bayless the Johnny knobgobbler.

    Who would be the Burr and who would be the Hamilton?

    Or, maybe it could end like this other famous duel:

    • Thomas Biddle and Spencer Darwin Pettis — August 26, 1831 — One of the most famous duels to occur on Bloody Island, it is often cited as an example of the theory that "all politics is local." Pettis, a staunch Jacksonian Democrat, challenged Biddle, brother of banker Nicholas Biddle, because Biddle had publicly humiliated Pettis. Because the Code Duello stated that the particulars of the duel were to be decided by the "challengee," Biddle, who was nearsighted, chose Bloody Island and a distance of five feet. It is argued[by whom?] that Biddle thought such a close distance would convince Pettis not to go through with the duel, but Pettis was undeterred. They fired at five feet, and both were killed.

    More likely this way though:

    July 26, 1847: Albert Pike and John Selden Roane; declared a draw, no injuries. 😛

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Would you wear a pink one if he just gets us to a Superbowl? 😆

    Hell, I'd wear a pink if he wins us a playoff game.

    @bbedward said:

    Hell, I'd wear a pink if he wins us a playoff game.

    "Bobaluga, got a bet here" 😁