Skip to content

Can we all agree now that this defense needs tore the fuck up?

The Browns Board
86 29 3.2k
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Honestly at this point Shelton and the Bryants are the only guys i'd give tryouts to if I was revamping this team, everyone else i'm like gtfo I've seen enough of you jokers. If I was GM i'd be quietly shopping Kruger this week in the off chance someone needs depth and is willing to part with a tangible asset like a QB or a WR. Be shopping Mingo too. Watched that dude try to arm tackle a guys thigh pad on his way past him for a TD. Had he stuck his helmet in the guys midsection like you're taught since HS maybe enough momentum could have bled off the guy for the other LB'ers to finish. Just lack of any and all fundamentals that just make this team so hard to watch. I'm completely done with Kruger, those that were trashing this free agent acquisition were right on the money.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #2

    what was it this game...135 yds out of a RB again? Is that ever gonna stop?

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    what about Nate Orchard? I thought that was a really smart draft pick. I would start him, HELL start all of them! Orchard, Cooper, Erving, Shelton, and get rid of some of these injury prone, collecting a large paycheck guys.

    Also, why was Bowe inactive? Did Justin Gilbert play?

  • what about Nate Orchard? I thought that was a really smart draft pick. I would start him, HELL start all of them! Orchard, Cooper, Erving, Shelton, and get rid of some of these injury prone, collecting a large paycheck guys.

    Also, why was Bowe inactive? Did Justin Gilbert play?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @opal312 said:

    what about Nate Orchard? I thought that was a really smart draft pick. I would start him, HELL start all of them! Orchard, Cooper, Erving, Shelton, and get rid of some of these injury prone, collecting a large paycheck guys.

    Also, why was Bowe inactive? Did Justin Gilbert play?

    Bowe was inactive probably cause he's a bum and the staff has figured out he doesn't want to play football anymore, just collect a final guaranteed paycheck and retire.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    After a lot of thought on our defense I note three main things 1) they can't maintain focus 2) they lack intensity. 3) they are slow .................they all need adderal!! Lol especially Haden

  • After a lot of thought on our defense I note three main things 1) they can't maintain focus 2) they lack intensity. 3) they are slow .................they all need adderal!! Lol especially Haden

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @jcam222 said:

    After a lot of thought on our defense I note three main things 1) they can't maintain focus 2) they lack intensity. 3) they are slow .................they all need adderal!! Lol especially Haden

    Some appear to need Geritol spiked Dr. Pepper.

  • After a lot of thought on our defense I note three main things 1) they can't maintain focus 2) they lack intensity. 3) they are slow .................they all need adderal!! Lol especially Haden

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @jcam222 said:

    After a lot of thought on our defense I note three main things 1) they can't maintain focus 2) they lack intensity. 3) they are slow .................they all need adderal!! Lol especially Haden

    you forgot "lacks basic NFL skillsets and athleticism".

  • slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Like the usual Browns defenses, most of them lack real tackling skills....horrible

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Losing Rubin, Sheard, and Skrine hurt browns that bad huh??

  • @opal312 said:

    what about Nate Orchard? I thought that was a really smart draft pick. I would start him, HELL start all of them! Orchard, Cooper, Erving, Shelton, and get rid of some of these injury prone, collecting a large paycheck guys.

    Also, why was Bowe inactive? Did Justin Gilbert play?

    Bowe was inactive probably cause he's a bum and the staff has figured out he doesn't want to play football anymore, just collect a final guaranteed paycheck and retire.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @clevfan4life said:

    just collect a final guaranteed paycheck and retire.

    just like mike holmgren who you proclaimed to be the next coming of jesus christ who would save the city/state and anything browns?

    hey how'd watkins do today?

    mr. nostradamus.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Sammy caught 1 for 39 yds...

    Back at the thread...

    Tore up? No... but a set of multifaceted LBs would be nice.

  • what was it this game...135 yds out of a RB again? Is that ever gonna stop?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #12

    @clevfan4life said:

    what was it this game...135 yds out of a RB again? Is that ever gonna stop?

    I thought one of the off season priorities was to shore up the run defense FAIL.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Bowe was inactive probably cause he's a bum and the staff has figured out he doesn't want to play football anymore, just collect a final guaranteed paycheck and retire.

    bingo!!!

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Don't agree with the sentiment in the OP per se. But it is time for Meder to start.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I think one guy it's time to examine out there on the field is Whitner. Love the dude and was way solid for several years, but he's starting to lose it now. Misses tackle like crazy, gets beat in coverage a lot, and just doesn't look quick out there. I think he's the best option as of this second but he's also becoming a glaring weakness.

  • I think one guy it's time to examine out there on the field is Whitner. Love the dude and was way solid for several years, but he's starting to lose it now. Misses tackle like crazy, gets beat in coverage a lot, and just doesn't look quick out there. I think he's the best option as of this second but he's also becoming a glaring weakness.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @jrb12711 said:

    I think one guy it's time to examine out there on the field is Whitner. Love the dude and was way solid for several years, but he's starting to lose it now. Misses tackle like crazy, gets beat in coverage a lot, and just doesn't look quick out there. I think he's the best option as of this second but he's also becoming a glaring weakness.

    And did you catch the play of our former safety T.J. Ward last night? All world. 😮

  • @clevfan4life said:

    just collect a final guaranteed paycheck and retire.

    just like mike holmgren who you proclaimed to be the next coming of jesus christ who would save the city/state and anything browns?

    hey how'd watkins do today?

    mr. nostradamus.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @miktoxic said:

    just like mike holmgren who you proclaimed to be the next coming of jesus christ who would save the city/state and anything browns?

    hey how'd watkins do today?

    mr. nostradamus.

    Holmgren? I wasn't even here during the Holmgren era. I couldn't stand that fuck after he got rid of Vickers. You got me confused with someone else. As for Watkins, no I didn't see how he did today but apparently he was only thrown to like once. Could be cause he attracts so much of secondary's attentions that they can't throw to him reliably. Do we have anyone like that on the Browns? Someone defense's say "shit we gotta double dat nigga!!"

  • F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by Furious Styles
    #17

    I stopped reading at " helmet in the guys midsection like you're taught in HS".

    Doing that a few times to a stud NFL. player could be a sure way to end up on a stiff board with a neck brace on.

  • Sammy caught 1 for 39 yds...

    Back at the thread...

    Tore up? No... but a set of multifaceted LBs would be nice.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tour2ma said:

    Sammy caught 1 for 39 yds...

    Back at the thread...

    Tore up? No... but a set of multifaceted LBs would be nice.

    I just see us so deficient at so many positions that I would be reaching for the mulligan button. The entire LB'ing needs fired. So much of the secondary needs replaced it's almost a firesale. Most of the D line excluding the Bryants and Shelton need to go. It is almost a complete tear up. There is not ONE single player on our defense that you can say "oh he's a bonafide playmaker he absolutely has to stay". Not one guy. There's guys that are solid that i'd like to keep and see how they develop...but not one bonafide stud yet. Tired of it.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Defense looks good in flashes, very inconsistent. More often bad than good, though.

    McCown threw 50 times. Can't win a game like that, something has to change in the oline and run game fast.

  • Defense looks good in flashes, very inconsistent. More often bad than good, though.

    McCown threw 50 times. Can't win a game like that, something has to change in the oline and run game fast.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @bbedward said:

    Defense looks good in flashes, very inconsistent. More often bad than good, though.

    McCown threw 50 times. Can't win a game like that, something has to change in the oline and run game fast.

    yeah for sure, cause the O line is starting to look like it needs fire sale'd too.