Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. If Pettine is not around next year, is Chip Kelly a good option?

If Pettine is not around next year, is Chip Kelly a good option?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
95 Posts 37 Posters 2.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • flyingfooldoug flyingfooldougF One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 4k Posts
    • 728 Reputation
    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #3

    He reminds me a bit of Butch Davis except Davis was a better coach than Kelly. Philly fans aren't too happy with him either, can't see any real good reason for him here

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • gftChris gftChrisG
      • 13k Posts
      • 428 Reputation
      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
      #4

      I'd be pretty happy with Dungy, and Manning as OC. Not that I think Flip deserves to go necessarily, but there's a dream ticket right there.

      jiggins7919J Mark OM 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • gftChrisG gftChris

        I'd be pretty happy with Dungy, and Manning as OC. Not that I think Flip deserves to go necessarily, but there's a dream ticket right there.

        jiggins7919 jiggins7919J Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 5k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
        #5

        @gftchris said:

        I'd be pretty happy with Dungy, and Manning as OC. Not that I think Flip deserves to go necessarily, but there's a dream ticket right there.

        Sign me up.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
          • 64k Posts
          • 8k Reputation
          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
          #6

          chip kelly...NO. He's a loose cannon, a little too outrageous.

          Tony Dungy would be a great pick.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 12k Posts
            • 7k Reputation
            Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
            #7

            Chip Kelly...hell no!

            Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
            P hoortaH 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 5k Posts
              • 363 Reputation
              W wargograw wrote on last edited by
              #8

              Not sure Cleveland will want a spread. Kelly and Johnny would be a fit though.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 5k Posts
                • 363 Reputation
                W wargograw wrote on last edited by
                #9

                Not sure Cleveland will want a spread. Kelly and Johnny would be a fit though.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                  • 24k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                  #10

                  Let's please hope Pettine is still around next year or we're gonna get another round of the sports world laughing and peeing on us.

                  That being said, if Manning says i'll be the OC if you hire Dungy as HC.....ok deal. Then people would understand why we fired Pettine. But if we fire pettine and go into beggar mode again, "pweeeeeessee come to Cleveland"....the franchise is done. We don't fire another head coach for YEARS without his replacement ready to go next day.

                  D 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 39k Posts
                    • 9k Reputation
                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                    #11

                    Yeah, that'd be a great fucking idea. Hire that choad after he falls on his ass in Philadelphia.

                    WSS

                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                      • 30k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                      #12

                      Kelly as HC? Neither of them...

                      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • thenew23 thenew23T
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 233 Reputation
                        thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
                        #13

                        I think Chip Kelly can coach football, but he has proven he is incapable of managing a roster and calling all the shots personnel-wise. If he was willing to work for a GM, then he'd be worth another shot...

                        That being said, I don't think Philly gets rid of him just yet...

                        #Justsayin'
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 10k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                          #14

                          I fear his system has been figured out. His offense has sputtered big time this year. I would say no on Chip Kelly.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • gftChrisG gftChris

                            I'd be pretty happy with Dungy, and Manning as OC. Not that I think Flip deserves to go necessarily, but there's a dream ticket right there.

                            Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 6k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                            #15

                            @gftchris said:

                            I'd be pretty happy with Dungy, and Manning as OC. Not that I think Flip deserves to go necessarily, but there's a dream ticket right there.

                            I would seriously eat my hat if Manning goes right from playing to being an OC. Why the hell would he want to do that? I just don't see it. Front office position for him, yeah I could see that happening but you really just don't see future HOF players taking coordinator jobs one year away from the playing field.

                            gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Mark OM Mark O

                              @gftchris said:

                              I'd be pretty happy with Dungy, and Manning as OC. Not that I think Flip deserves to go necessarily, but there's a dream ticket right there.

                              I would seriously eat my hat if Manning goes right from playing to being an OC. Why the hell would he want to do that? I just don't see it. Front office position for him, yeah I could see that happening but you really just don't see future HOF players taking coordinator jobs one year away from the playing field.

                              gftChris gftChrisG
                              • 13k Posts
                              • 428 Reputation
                              gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                              #16

                              @mark-o said:

                              I would seriously eat my hat if Manning goes right from playing to being an OC. Why the hell would he want to do that? I just don't see it. Front office position for him, yeah I could see that happening but you really just don't see future HOF players taking coordinator jobs one year away from the playing field.

                              Oh I don't see it happening for sure, but it's been mooted. You've got to think with his robotic mechanics he'd be at least a great QB coach, and his reading of opposing Ds is good for play design/calling.

                              Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • gftChrisG gftChris

                                @mark-o said:

                                I would seriously eat my hat if Manning goes right from playing to being an OC. Why the hell would he want to do that? I just don't see it. Front office position for him, yeah I could see that happening but you really just don't see future HOF players taking coordinator jobs one year away from the playing field.

                                Oh I don't see it happening for sure, but it's been mooted. You've got to think with his robotic mechanics he'd be at least a great QB coach, and his reading of opposing Ds is good for play design/calling.

                                Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 6k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                #17

                                @gftchris said:

                                Oh I don't see it happening for sure, but it's been mooted. You've got to think with his robotic mechanics he'd be at least a great QB coach, and his reading of opposing Ds is good for play design/calling.

                                That's why I'd see him taking a front office position and then having the ability to help out with the planning and play calling.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                  • 14k Posts
                                  • 5k Reputation
                                  nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                                  #18

                                  I dont want either of them.. Dungy wouldnt have the same drive to win again..

                                  Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                                    #19

                                    Kelly? Absolutely NO!

                                    Dungy? I have long been a Fan of his. Open the wallet Jimmy!

                                    Mike

                                    IN DORSEY I TRUST
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #20

                                      Two words: Bugger off.

                                      Yes, bugger....it means stick your dick in some guys asshole. 😠

                                      gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                                        Two words: Bugger off.

                                        Yes, bugger....it means stick your dick in some guys asshole. 😠

                                        gftChris gftChrisG
                                        • 13k Posts
                                        • 428 Reputation
                                        gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                                        #21

                                        @the-gipper said:

                                        Two words: Bugger off.

                                        Yes, bugger....it means stick your dick in some guys asshole. 😠

                                        One of a few meanings.

                                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Unsympathetic U Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 4k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
                                          #22

                                          He has no appreciable skills, and makes up for it by being a contentious asshole.

                                          Not considered.

                                          The more labels you have for yourself, the dumber they make you. "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." Paul Brown
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate