Skip to content

Let's talk about the Browns olinemen for a change

The Browns Board
38 15 895
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #1

    from you-know-who, the drunken celebrity party boy gone wild.

    Joe Thomas, the upbeat olineman kickass LT. He's funny, and he's all in

    on the game, and winning.

    http://vod.aka.oss1.performgroup.com/ePlayer2/20151128/uvpesq30m4u01o8didqjevb7k_280000.mp4

    Joe Bitonio is the perfect LOG to play beside him... he's a kickass RG.

    And with Cam Erving stepping in for him - he's made some mistakes, most noticeably being

    bullrushed, in the last game, and was knocked on his butt...

    he's knows he made some mistakes, but he says he was always taught to go 100 miles an hour,....

    when ya do make mistakes... he is smart - won't be making them again.

    Bitonio is working on getting back, wants to play vs the ratbirds....

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/11/joel_bitonio_cameron_erving.html#incart_story_package

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Alex Mack won't void his no trade clause in his contract......

    talks about unfinished business....

    and if Farmer ever actually DID trade Joe ThFarmer is that stupid.

    (note - in this article, the part about Kruger being unhappy with

    being put so much in pass protection... well, "yeah...."

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/11/browns_alex_mack_wont_waive_no.html

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #3

    meanwhile, Greco and all five starting offensive linemen

    said they fully support McCown, and that "somebody is trying to

    divide this locker room"....

    that's the cleveland media mary kay cabbage types, I guess.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/joe_thomas_says_johnny_manziel.html

  • meanwhile, Greco and all five starting offensive linemen

    said they fully support McCown, and that "somebody is trying to

    divide this locker room"....

    that's the cleveland media mary kay cabbage types, I guess.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/joe_thomas_says_johnny_manziel.html

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #4

    @calfoxwc said:

    meanwhile, Greco and all five starting offensive linemen

    said they fully support McCown, and that "somebody is trying to

    divide this locker room"....

    that's the cleveland media mary kay cabbage types, I guess.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/joe_thomas_says_johnny_manziel.html

    This is an older one Cal.....from Johnny's "last" incident(that would be incident #14-c......(you know, the ole monday afternoon drunk girlfriend on the roadside bit)......

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5

    and Mitchell Swartz has been outstanding - it was completely nonsense for

    him to have been bashed earlier in his start with the Browns.

    It's a tough job - a lot goes into it. This offensive line is ready to rock now.

    So often, it seems, way too much bashing for the fun of bashing. It doesn't help

    the climate to enjoy football as Browns players, coaches, and fans.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/10/mitchell_schwartz_earns_rave_r.html

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Sorry, Mud, but with Greco, all I'm finding is older ones...

    but the meaning behind it is still there - this is a great bunch

    of guys. Add a few elite weapons, and the Browns offense will be unstoppable.

    The oline is uplifting for me. I complained about the offensive line so much in years past...

    now, that is one of the top units in the NFL. Here's another one on Greco:

    http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2015/08/30/john-greco-my-goal-is-to-start-for-browns/32418971/

  • Sorry, Mud, but with Greco, all I'm finding is older ones...

    but the meaning behind it is still there - this is a great bunch

    of guys. Add a few elite weapons, and the Browns offense will be unstoppable.

    The oline is uplifting for me. I complained about the offensive line so much in years past...

    now, that is one of the top units in the NFL. Here's another one on Greco:

    http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2015/08/30/john-greco-my-goal-is-to-start-for-browns/32418971/

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @calfoxwc said:

    this is a great bunch

    of guys. Add a few elite weapons, and the Browns offense will be unstoppable.

    The oline is uplifting for me. I complained about the offensive line so much in years past...

    Im with ya there Cal......definitely our most solid group of players.....

    we should be good for a while with this group....no doubt

  • and Mitchell Swartz has been outstanding - it was completely nonsense for

    him to have been bashed earlier in his start with the Browns.

    It's a tough job - a lot goes into it. This offensive line is ready to rock now.

    So often, it seems, way too much bashing for the fun of bashing. It doesn't help

    the climate to enjoy football as Browns players, coaches, and fans.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/10/mitchell_schwartz_earns_rave_r.html

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @calfoxwc said:

    and Mitchell Swartz has been outstanding - it was completely nonsense for

    him to have been bashed earlier in his start with the Browns.

    Gotta agree with this too.....1000%.....

    Been defending him since Ive been here....and he's just continued to get better and better....(not that he was ever "bad")

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I find it odd that the O line was drafted by different regimes.

    Is it that easy to draft solid offensive lineman?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    So the moral of this tale is that it's all on the RB's for having such a shitty running game. Why didn't I see this? Must be because one eye is closed. 😉

  • So the moral of this tale is that it's all on the RB's for having such a shitty running game. Why didn't I see this? Must be because one eye is closed. 😉

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @texasag1969 said:

    So the moral of this tale is that it's all on the RB's for having such a shitty running game. Why didn't I see this? Must be because one eye is closed. 😉

    Well....lets see....last season this was the #1 rated line and, at least for a while, the #1 rated run team.....

    This year....same players, but a crap run game.....and its on the players?.....( cause everyone likes Flip?)

    BUT....with the same players playing like shit on the D???......it's all on the coach?....(cause no one likes Oneill).....

    I guess Im crazy, but I see exactly the opposite of what everyone else sees.....

    I see an O coordinator that really isnt getting it done or able to extract a good run game(from the same players that Shanny used to run all over people)....yet, we blame the players for not doing well.....

    And I see a defense full of players who performed well last year(in the SAME system), yet are playing really poorly this year(with no changes to what they are doing)......yet, we blame the coach who hasnt changed the system....(see DB's and LB's)

    Weird.....

  • @texasag1969 said:

    So the moral of this tale is that it's all on the RB's for having such a shitty running game. Why didn't I see this? Must be because one eye is closed. 😉

    Well....lets see....last season this was the #1 rated line and, at least for a while, the #1 rated run team.....

    This year....same players, but a crap run game.....and its on the players?.....( cause everyone likes Flip?)

    BUT....with the same players playing like shit on the D???......it's all on the coach?....(cause no one likes Oneill).....

    I guess Im crazy, but I see exactly the opposite of what everyone else sees.....

    I see an O coordinator that really isnt getting it done or able to extract a good run game(from the same players that Shanny used to run all over people)....yet, we blame the players for not doing well.....

    And I see a defense full of players who performed well last year(in the SAME system), yet are playing really poorly this year(with no changes to what they are doing)......yet, we blame the coach who hasnt changed the system....(see DB's and LB's)

    Weird.....

    RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mudfly said:

    Well....lets see....last season this was the #1 rated line and, at least for a while, the #1 rated run team.....

    This year....same players, but a crap run game.....and its on the players?.....( cause everyone likes Flip?)

    BUT....with the same players playing like shit on the D???......it's all on the coach?....(cause no one likes Oneill).....

    I guess Im crazy, but I see exactly the opposite of what everyone else sees.....

    I see an O coordinator that really isnt getting it done or able to extract a good run game(from the same players that Shanny used to run all over people)....yet, we blame the players for not doing well.....

    Well Flip does run his offense with only 10 player over 20% of the time

    And I see a defense full of players who performed well last year(in the SAME system), yet are playing really poorly this year(with no changes to what they are doing)......yet, we blame the coach who hasnt changed the system....(see DB's and LB's)

    They were terrible against the run last year and the are god awful against it this year. The biggest difference this year been the secondary.

    Weird.....

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #13

    So the moral of this tale is that it's all on the RB's for having such a shitty running game. Why didn't I see this? Must be because one eye is closed. 😉 Tex


    *********************************


    Nope. The Browns don't have elite wr's. It takes all McCown's experience and toughness, to hang in there,


    and get the pass game working with the little wr's they have.


    No AJ Green, etc. The saving grace is Barnidge - who everybody surely hopes stays with the Browns...



    Teams are playing the los and stopping the run - making the Browns qb work miracles in the passing game.


    I keep seeing lb's on opposing defenses close in on the los on nearly every first down. That's a bad thing.


  • @mudfly said:

    Well....lets see....last season this was the #1 rated line and, at least for a while, the #1 rated run team.....

    This year....same players, but a crap run game.....and its on the players?.....( cause everyone likes Flip?)

    BUT....with the same players playing like shit on the D???......it's all on the coach?....(cause no one likes Oneill).....

    I guess Im crazy, but I see exactly the opposite of what everyone else sees.....

    I see an O coordinator that really isnt getting it done or able to extract a good run game(from the same players that Shanny used to run all over people)....yet, we blame the players for not doing well.....

    Well Flip does run his offense with only 10 player over 20% of the time

    And I see a defense full of players who performed well last year(in the SAME system), yet are playing really poorly this year(with no changes to what they are doing)......yet, we blame the coach who hasnt changed the system....(see DB's and LB's)

    They were terrible against the run last year and the are god awful against it this year. The biggest difference this year been the secondary.

    Weird.....

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @richiswhere said:

    @mudfly said:

    Well....lets see....last season this was the #1 rated line and, at least for a while, the #1 rated run team.....

    This year....same players, but a crap run game.....and its on the players?.....( cause everyone likes Flip?)

    BUT....with the same players playing like shit on the D???......it's all on the coach?....(cause no one likes Oneill).....

    I guess Im crazy, but I see exactly the opposite of what everyone else sees.....

    I see an O coordinator that really isnt getting it done or able to extract a good run game(from the same players that Shanny used to run all over people)....yet, we blame the players for not doing well.....

    Well Flip does run his offense with only 10 player over 20% of the time

    And I see a defense full of players who performed well last year(in the SAME system), yet are playing really poorly this year(with no changes to what they are doing)......yet, we blame the coach who hasnt changed the system....(see DB's and LB's)

    They were terrible against the run last year and the are god awful against it this year. The biggest difference this year been the secondary.

    Weird.....

    I dont know what that means...10 players.....I do know that our Offense got worse this year and scores less than last year....and our running game got a LOT worse.....so why all the love for Flip when everything has gone from bad to worse????

    Defensively....our pass defense has fallen from #1 to #12....same players. same system........and our pass rush has fallen off the map(same players, same system).....so what did Oneill do to make them worse?...or is it that the DB's have all missed a ton of games and the LB's just arent playing well...?

    Cause I dont see Oneill out there missing all those tackles and getting beat on virtually every play......

  • @richiswhere said:

    @mudfly said:

    Well....lets see....last season this was the #1 rated line and, at least for a while, the #1 rated run team.....

    This year....same players, but a crap run game.....and its on the players?.....( cause everyone likes Flip?)

    BUT....with the same players playing like shit on the D???......it's all on the coach?....(cause no one likes Oneill).....

    I guess Im crazy, but I see exactly the opposite of what everyone else sees.....

    I see an O coordinator that really isnt getting it done or able to extract a good run game(from the same players that Shanny used to run all over people)....yet, we blame the players for not doing well.....

    Well Flip does run his offense with only 10 player over 20% of the time

    And I see a defense full of players who performed well last year(in the SAME system), yet are playing really poorly this year(with no changes to what they are doing)......yet, we blame the coach who hasnt changed the system....(see DB's and LB's)

    They were terrible against the run last year and the are god awful against it this year. The biggest difference this year been the secondary.

    Weird.....

    I dont know what that means...10 players.....I do know that our Offense got worse this year and scores less than last year....and our running game got a LOT worse.....so why all the love for Flip when everything has gone from bad to worse????

    Defensively....our pass defense has fallen from #1 to #12....same players. same system........and our pass rush has fallen off the map(same players, same system).....so what did Oneill do to make them worse?...or is it that the DB's have all missed a ton of games and the LB's just arent playing well...?

    Cause I dont see Oneill out there missing all those tackles and getting beat on virtually every play......

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mudfly said:

    I dont know what that means...10 players.....I do know that our Offense got worse this year and scores less than last year....and our running game got a LOT worse.....so why all the love for Flip when everything has gone from bad to worse????

    Defensively....our pass defense has fallen from #1 to #12....same players. same system........and our pass rush has fallen off the map(same players, same system).....so what did Oneill do to make them worse?...or is it that the DB's have all missed a ton of games and the LB's just arent playing well...?

    Cause I dont see Oneill out there missing all those tackles and getting beat on virtually every play......

    Outside of Dansby for a few plays here & there, the LBs have been invisible. Kirksey, who looked good as a rookie has regressed.

    I think we need to take a serious look at LBs in the next draft (I've been saying this since 1994). Look at our AFC North rivals, their LBs key their defenses every year.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Okay fair enough. I like all the guys on the offensive line, least of which Alex Mack because I get the feeling he doesn't care if he's here or not. Spends the off season in South America or somewhere.... but that doesn't necessarily affect his dedication so, there. So since we all love the oline and they are all quiet and studious etcetera how is it they get a pass for not playing well this year? Why is Josh getting killed and why are our running backs being hit in the backfield so often?

    WSS

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #17

    receivers. The passing game isn't a threat but once in a while,

    except for Barnidge.

    They have doubled on the coverage on Barnidge, and once in a blue moon,

    the ball goes long to Travis.

    Not enough to be unstoppable. Solid coverage teams can blitz at McCown because

    all too often, except for the terrific TE....

    he has nobody to throw to. The windows are small with a small wr. No big targets at wr who can jump.

    If the Browns offense had an A.J. Green, they'd be trying to double cover Green, and Barnidge would

    have an easier time of it. That is just how I see it.;

  • @richiswhere said:

    @mudfly said:

    Well....lets see....last season this was the #1 rated line and, at least for a while, the #1 rated run team.....

    This year....same players, but a crap run game.....and its on the players?.....( cause everyone likes Flip?)

    BUT....with the same players playing like shit on the D???......it's all on the coach?....(cause no one likes Oneill).....

    I guess Im crazy, but I see exactly the opposite of what everyone else sees.....

    I see an O coordinator that really isnt getting it done or able to extract a good run game(from the same players that Shanny used to run all over people)....yet, we blame the players for not doing well.....

    Well Flip does run his offense with only 10 player over 20% of the time

    And I see a defense full of players who performed well last year(in the SAME system), yet are playing really poorly this year(with no changes to what they are doing)......yet, we blame the coach who hasnt changed the system....(see DB's and LB's)

    They were terrible against the run last year and the are god awful against it this year. The biggest difference this year been the secondary.

    Weird.....

    I dont know what that means...10 players.....I do know that our Offense got worse this year and scores less than last year....and our running game got a LOT worse.....so why all the love for Flip when everything has gone from bad to worse????

    Defensively....our pass defense has fallen from #1 to #12....same players. same system........and our pass rush has fallen off the map(same players, same system).....so what did Oneill do to make them worse?...or is it that the DB's have all missed a ton of games and the LB's just arent playing well...?

    Cause I dont see Oneill out there missing all those tackles and getting beat on virtually every play......

    RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by Richiswhere
    #18

    @mudfly said:

    I dont know what that means...10 players.....I do know that our Offense got worse this year and scores less than last year....and our running game got a LOT worse.....so why all the love for Flip when everything has gone from bad to worse????

    Malcolm Johnson our fullback has played 142 of 691 offensive snaps this year that 20.5% offensive plays. He does not run the ball (tight end at Mississippi State) and has had 4 targets in the passing game and 2 were in the first game so the odds of the ball going to him are 02.8%. Last but definitely not least he can't block for shit. We would be better off if we just used another offensive lineman instead of him at least we might have someone who could block. So you see whenever MJ 😆 is on the field we are essentially playing with 10 guys on offense.

    Defensively....our pass defense has fallen from #1 to #12....same players. same system........and our pass rush has fallen off the map(same players, same system).....so what did Oneill do to make them worse?...or is it that the DB's have all missed a ton of games and the LB's just arent playing well...?

    Cause I dont see Oneill out there missing all those tackles and getting beat on virtually every play......

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Cam Erving is doing well in my opinion. A rookie playing out of position. I'm glad we drafted him. When Dallas takes Mannziel in the off season we should get a wide receiver. Then the team will pick up steam by drafting a quarterback. The Oline will be fine next year. We need weapons.

  • receivers. The passing game isn't a threat but once in a while,

    except for Barnidge.

    They have doubled on the coverage on Barnidge, and once in a blue moon,

    the ball goes long to Travis.

    Not enough to be unstoppable. Solid coverage teams can blitz at McCown because

    all too often, except for the terrific TE....

    he has nobody to throw to. The windows are small with a small wr. No big targets at wr who can jump.

    If the Browns offense had an A.J. Green, they'd be trying to double cover Green, and Barnidge would

    have an easier time of it. That is just how I see it.;

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @calfoxwc said:

    receivers. The passing game isn't a threat but once in a while,

    except for Barnidge.

    They have doubled on the coverage on Barnidge, and once in a blue moon,

    the ball goes long to Travis.

    Not enough to be unstoppable. Solid coverage teams can blitz at McCown because

    all too often, except for the terrific TE....

    he has nobody to throw to. The windows are small with a small wr. No big targets at wr who can jump.

    If the Browns offense had an A.J. Green, they'd be trying to double cover Green, and Barnidge would

    have an easier time of it. That is just how I see it.;

    What's the big difference with the receivers this year? Seems like both Josh and Johnny have completed a fair amount of passes.

    WSS