Skip to content

Pryor is back Baby!

The Browns Board
189 43 4.9k
  • @theolliec said:

    Derrick Henry is Brandon Jacobs v2. Not an elite RB prospect.

    This guy is a tool but I agree with him: https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/665716844628590592?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

    Brandon Jones 6'1" 210 lbs.

    Henry 6'3" 238 lbs.

    There is no comparison when the Browns need a power back to move the ball 3-4 yards regularly compared to the pathetic output we see now. And those that compare him to Richardson are similarly mistaken. Henry goes where the play is designed, might make a small move or two and then runs through arm tackles or powers over LBs. when needed. When he does clear them he turns on the speed. He also is there for the second half unlike what we see now.

    Form your own opinion by watching him this Saturday in the SEC championship game. Then come back and say what you saw. Watch the entire game. He plays better the more carries he gets.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Brandon Jones 6'1" 210 lbs.

    Henry 6'3" 238 lbs.

    There is no comparison when the Browns need a power back to move the ball 3-4 yards regularly compared to the pathetic output we see now. And those that compare him to Richardson are similarly mistaken. Henry goes where the play is designed, might make a small move or two and then runs through arm tackles or powers over LBs. when needed. When he does clear them he turns on the speed. He also is there for the second half unlike what we see now.

    Form your own opinion by watching him this Saturday in the SEC championship game. Then come back and say what you saw. Watch the entire game. He plays better the more carries he gets.

    Jacobs =/= Jones

    Height: 6′ 4″
    40 yard dash time: 4.56 seconds
    Weight: 264 lbs
  • @miktoxic said:

    you're an ass.

    you just said how all these farmer acquisitions suck but then say that farmer has done his job better than pettine. then go on to say pettine sees these players perform in practice everyday and decides who plays given their performance...

    WTF??

    I think your reading comprehension is slipping in your old age.

    I like Farmer's acquisitions. They were made to support the plan Pettine wanted to implement, and Pettine dropped the ball by being ill prepared and playing favorites.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think your reading comprehension is slipping in your old age.

    I like Farmer's acquisitions. They were made to support the plan Pettine wanted to implement, and Pettine dropped the ball by being ill prepared and playing favorites.

    so we'll give the players more time to learn to execute the coach's plan than the coach himself?

    great biz plan!

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Good stuff fellas but every time I hit this tread I hear Queen singing "I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike" 😮

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think your reading comprehension is slipping in your old age.

    I like Farmer's acquisitions. They were made to support the plan Pettine wanted to implement, and Pettine dropped the ball by being ill prepared and playing favorites.

    so we'll give the players more time to learn to execute the coach's plan than the coach himself?

    great biz plan!

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    so we'll give the players more time to learn to execute the coach's plan than the coach himself?

    great biz plan!

    Normally people get better at things over time.

    That doesn't seem to be the case here. In fact, it's the opposite.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Brandon Jones 6'1" 210 lbs.

    Henry 6'3" 238 lbs.

    There is no comparison when the Browns need a power back to move the ball 3-4 yards regularly compared to the pathetic output we see now. And those that compare him to Richardson are similarly mistaken. Henry goes where the play is designed, might make a small move or two and then runs through arm tackles or powers over LBs. when needed. When he does clear them he turns on the speed. He also is there for the second half unlike what we see now.

    Form your own opinion by watching him this Saturday in the SEC championship game. Then come back and say what you saw. Watch the entire game. He plays better the more carries he gets.

    Jacobs =/= Jones

    Height: 6′ 4″
    40 yard dash time: 4.56 seconds
    Weight: 264 lbs
    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Jacobs =/= Jones

    Height: 6′ 4″
    40 yard dash time: 4.56 seconds
    Weight: 264 lbs

    My bad. Misread the last name. Better clean my reading glasses. Anyway it's worth watching him this Sat. to see what you think. He's a gamer.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Henry has slow feet which is a must in the backfield. Yes, he's got tremendous endurance and he makes 3 yards out of 1 and 1 out of -2. That's a good quality in the NFL, but it's not "take me in the first round." EZE is better than him for the NFL.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yes... I was fixated on bad trades...

    Beastliness is not among my concerns.

    "Proven, veteran talent..." maybe, but also proven to be in decline from whatever talent was once displayed. As for why Bowe is still here... can't say for sure, but has the look of a Farmer move meant to stick a finger in Pet's eye.

    Still not buying the dog house argument at least not in general. Possibly has some validity when it comes to JM, but JM has done his damned best to earn the pine. Absolutely no sale here when it comes to Gilbert and Bowe.

    I wouldn't be continuing to harp on it if I didn't get some validation from the article on OBR.

    Here's a link to some of the content: http://www.fans247.com/showthread.php?63561-A-Cleveland-Browns-Confidant-Speaks-on-Front-Office-Coaching-Tensions

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Kinda where I am, war... but still looking.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I wouldn't be continuing to harp on it if I didn't get some validation from the article on OBR.

    Here's a link to some of the content: http://www.fans247.com/showthread.php?63561-A-Cleveland-Browns-Confidant-Speaks-on-Front-Office-Coaching-Tensions

    And that's fine, TC. Just an honest disagreement of opinions... and I respect yours and give it more weight on more topics than most here. Whereas OBR means nothing to me.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    I'm not sure why anyone thinks the FO can either evaluate and/or develop talent.

    They cut Charles Johnson and Dion Lewis and continue to start Malcom Johnson at FB..

    So the Pryor saga is just more of the same inconsistent approach

  • Henry has slow feet which is a must in the backfield. Yes, he's got tremendous endurance and he makes 3 yards out of 1 and 1 out of -2. That's a good quality in the NFL, but it's not "take me in the first round." EZE is better than him for the NFL.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @wargograw said:

    Henry has slow feet which is a must in the backfield. Yes, he's got tremendous endurance and he makes 3 yards out of 1 and 1 out of -2. That's a good quality in the NFL, but it's not "take me in the first round." EZE is better than him for the NFL.

    I don't disagree with where he goes in the draft (we have greater needs), but since we pick high in the second then we need to get him. If that means moving up a few spots into the 1st then that also would be a decent move. We need a player who can get the tough yards inside but also has the breakaway speed when he clears the LB's to score from 30-40 yds out. He reminds me of Eric Dickerson in that I think they share a long stride that accelerates the further the run goes.

    PS-Elliott will be long gone by the time late 1st round comes up.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Henry doesn't have breakaway speed though. He's not an elite NFL prospect, it's that simple. And I'm the biggest Alabama/Saban fan (from a distance) you'll find.

  • Henry doesn't have breakaway speed though. He's not an elite NFL prospect, it's that simple. And I'm the biggest Alabama/Saban fan (from a distance) you'll find.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @wargograw said:

    Henry doesn't have breakaway speed though. He's not an elite NFL prospect, it's that simple. And I'm the biggest Alabama/Saban fan (from a distance) you'll find.

    We disagree on both counts. Take a look at some of his longer runs here and tell me this is not unlike Eric Dickerson strides that hide deceptive breakaway speed.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Dude I'm mid-twenties. I don't know dickerson about Eric Dickerson other than he was one of the Pony Excess culprits. I've probably watched no team more outside of the Ags or Browns than Alabama. So I've seen most everything in the clip you posted. I'm just telling you what's obvious.

    Despite their recent rushing dominance, Alabama has one of the highest numbers of negative rushing plays this year. That's on a subpar OL and Henry's slow feet in the backfield.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    Then let me educate you. Watch Dickerson's longer NFL runs here. The same deceptively fast long strides that eat up ground the longer the run becomes. See those slow feet? See the ground they actually cover as he pulls away? Looks just like Henry with all those "slow" SEC DB's doesn't it? Also 6'3" and 220+.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw

    Say is he 6'3" and over 220? I couldn't remember from the first half dozen times you said it. I have no interest in discussing this with you if you're just going to repeat the same things over and over. I told you the negative plays stat. Heck, look at his first half stats across the board this year (outside of our game of course).

    He's not fast. He'll be well over 4.55 at the combine. Probably in the 4.65 range.

  • Then let me educate you. Watch Dickerson's longer NFL runs here. The same deceptively fast long strides that eat up ground the longer the run becomes. See those slow feet? See the ground they actually cover as he pulls away? Looks just like Henry with all those "slow" SEC DB's doesn't it? Also 6'3" and 220+.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Then let me educate you. Watch Dickerson's longer NFL runs here. The same deceptively fast long strides that eat up ground the longer the run becomes. See those slow feet? See the ground they actually cover as he pulls away? Looks just like Henry with all those "slow" SEC DB's doesn't it? Also 6'3" and 220+.

    I basically agree with this. Dickerson was a guy that people said "he isn't running very hard or fast" but all he did was run over, around and through people.....and he looked like he was going slow motion....but he went right by and outran supposedly faster DBs.

    I do see some of this in Henry.

  • Say is he 6'3" and over 220? I couldn't remember from the first half dozen times you said it. I have no interest in discussing this with you if you're just going to repeat the same things over and over. I told you the negative plays stat. Heck, look at his first half stats across the board this year (outside of our game of course).

    He's not fast. He'll be well over 4.55 at the combine. Probably in the 4.65 range.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Say is he 6'3" and over 220? I couldn't remember from the first half dozen times you said it. I have no interest in discussing this with you if you're just going to repeat the same things over and over. I told you the negative plays stat. Heck, look at his first half stats across the board this year (outside of our game of course).

    He's not fast. He'll be well over 4.55 at the combine. Probably in the 4.65 range.

    Well, just looking at the highlight video it seemed to me that he outran a number of DBs that actually had the angle on him.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    I dont want to pick him(or any back in the first couple rounds)....but, I agree with AG, that he DOES look and run a lot like Dickerson.....

    First time I saw him run with that upright style, Dickerson was the name that immediately flashed through my mind.....

    Now.....will he be another Dickerson???.......longshot.......

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    to be honest, I'm skeptical of anybody's highlight reel. You could go find trent richardson's and he would look like an unstoppable beast, a rolling ball of butcher knives if you will. It doesn't mean shit in terms of how they will translate to the pros.

  • to be honest, I'm skeptical of anybody's highlight reel. You could go find trent richardson's and he would look like an unstoppable beast, a rolling ball of butcher knives if you will. It doesn't mean shit in terms of how they will translate to the pros.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    to be honest, I'm skeptical of anybody's highlight reel. You could go find trent richardson's and he would look like an unstoppable beast, a rolling ball of butcher knives if you will. It doesn't mean shit in terms of how they will translate to the pros.

    Fair point.

  • to be honest, I'm skeptical of anybody's highlight reel. You could go find trent richardson's and he would look like an unstoppable beast, a rolling ball of butcher knives if you will. It doesn't mean shit in terms of how they will translate to the pros.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    You could go find trent richardson's and he would look like an unstoppable beast, a rolling ball of butcher knives if you will.

    Right.....Richardson was promoted as the next Adrian Peterson....by everybody.....just read his draft profile again and it makes me ill.......

    If Farmer picks yet another over inflated SEC star, I will kill something......

    It may be a puppy......or a bottle of jack....but something is going down.....